As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    So, another new class being added... ooooonly for female High Elves and Castanics.
    http://mmoculture.com/2014/12/tera-bluehole-studio-reveals-10th-class-arriving-in-korea-next-week/

I guess there's no need to guess what the three top played race/sex combinations are at this point.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Awesome! :+1:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    MKR wrote: »
    Do you think the experience requirement for each level will go down with the new cap?

I would hope so but I don't expect it. They never did adjust the level 45 something mobs in that one zone back when the original level cap was like 50 something.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Do you think the experience requirement for each level will go down with the new cap?

I would hope so but I don't expect it. They never did adjust the level 45 something mobs in that one zone back when the original level cap was like 50 something.

Every mob kill has its experience doubled, which is I think given pre-xp buffs, which are cheap. Leveling is pretty fast, and I have a random array of alts I'm usually willing to roll with if anyone is interested. Double XP lasts until the expansion drops.

Not sure if it would be worth it, but I was thinking of chain running one of the repeatable quests from instances and not turn them in until the expansion drops which could be a nice boost.
    Or it could be an entire waste of time. Anyone down? I have priest at 60 currently.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »

Every mob kill has its experience doubled, which is I think given pre-xp buffs, which are cheap. Leveling is pretty fast, and I have a random array of alts I'm usually willing to roll with if anyone is interested. Double XP lasts until the expansion drops.

Not sure if it would be worth it, but I was thinking of chain running one of the repeatable quests from instances and not turn them in until the expansion drops which could be a nice boost.
    Or it could be an entire waste of time. Anyone down? I have priest at 60 currently.

I mean to smooth out the XP curve from 1 to max level, not the event XP thing.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Just started this... is there a faster auto-run? Although, it does feel like the run speed increased between say level 1 and level 4, but it could be my imagination.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Some boots increase run speed. Also I think some crystals can as well?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Speed potion. Also, there's a weapon crystal for combat walk speed and an armor crystal for normal walk speed.

MKR on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I think the fact that boots can increase run speed is wonderful.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    There is a buff that will drop for 2 hours this weekend 3 times a day. It is amazing. If you have alts to level, or want to do things, this buff is fantastic.
    Read about it here

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    So, another new class being added... ooooonly for female High Elves and Castanics.
    http://mmoculture.com/2014/12/tera-bluehole-studio-reveals-10th-class-arriving-in-korea-next-week/

I guess there's no need to guess what the three top played race/sex combinations are at this point.

This looks really dumb, even for TERA.

I know there aren't really a whole lot've rules for this kinda game, but I figured it would at least always stay in the 'swords & sorcery' realm. The gun doesn't even look steam-punkish or anything like that, just straight-up FUTURE. Also, freakin' huge, which is not itself totally a problem given the girth of many other class weapons, but it totally looks out of place.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I posted in the discussion in the Steam group, but just in case: I will not make it for TTT this week, Group 2. Stupid work.

• Options
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    I posted in the discussion in the Steam group, but just in case: I will not make it for TTT this week, Group 2. Stupid work.

Think we are officially on break, and not sure if anyone is actually going to be able to play with the expansion drop.
    Also Tera on steam looks like Feb maybe?

• Options
    They bumped the Steam release? BOOOOOO!

And yeah, if people didn't pre-load the expansion they are in for a couple of gigs download before they can play again.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-290302
    Teleportals in towns allow travel to hunting zones and other towns in the region. Player can now also use a town teleportal to move to a dungeon entrance teleportal (and can use the dungeon entrance teleportal to return to town).
    Added traveling merchants and bankers to hunting zone camps.

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    When did the specialty vendors stop selling the good crystals? I ran a lowbie with a friend and was surprised when I stopped to shop.

That arcane gunner class looks interesting. Armor appears to maybe be heavy?

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    If group two did anything last night I passed out from not sleeping for a week sorry guys.

• Options
    For Christmas, they're just recycling last year's snowbelle costumes? Boooo! I was hoping for something different.

I guess I should have expected it since they recycled the devilicious outfit for Halloween, too.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    grouch993 wrote: »
    When did the specialty vendors stop selling the good crystals? I ran a lowbie with a friend and was surprised when I stopped to shop.

That was with the brand new patch. I'm not entirely sure where you get crystals now, but you can combine the shitty crystals you have for better ones.
    Also extraction is no longer a thing.
    Also a bunch of other changes. I took my priest through a bit of the 60 story and it's been pretty fun so far. The daily rewards thing are pretty awesome as well, as it gives you nice little breakups of things to do and daily quests to do along side your normal quest area.

Not sure if anyone has a toon around 44ish but I have 2 tanks currently waiting to be leveled, and would love to include you in insta queue or have someone else to quest with (especially on the lancer).

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

That was with the brand new patch. I'm not entirely sure where you get crystals now, but you can combine the shitty crystals you have for better ones.
    Also extraction is no longer a thing.
    Also a bunch of other changes. I took my priest through a bit of the 60 story and it's been pretty fun so far. The daily rewards thing are pretty awesome as well, as it gives you nice little breakups of things to do and daily quests to do along side your normal quest area.

Not sure if anyone has a toon around 44ish but I have 2 tanks currently waiting to be leveled, and would love to include you in insta queue or have someone else to quest with (especially on the lancer).

my level 41 mage still needs that one story specific dungeon quest . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    @Pixelated Pixie This may be of interest to you, if you haven't seen it yet.

• Options
    Thanks and praise be to @‌Radiation, for helping me through that level 38 dungeon. Gentleman and scholar, sir.

• Options
    @Pixelated Pixie This may be of interest to you, if you haven't seen it yet.

I have seen it. And yeah, it's cute. But too pricey for me right now!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Sorry, nothing in that range. Eight level 60s in normal flavors and one level 58 reaper. The popup to turn in the Vanguard quests is sort of nice. New area seems pretty streamlined so far, but I haven't gotten far due to lousy net connection.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I spent way too much of my hard earned in-game money leveling up crafting skills tonight.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I spent way too much of my hard earned in-game money leveling up crafting skills tonight.

I have 1 and a half bank tab full of mats from gathering and crafting. I keep meaning to level it up, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth the effort and expense.

Edit: Also grouch993 or anyone else, I'd be down for some teaming up for leveling on really any char. The priest is currently 63, reaper is at 61 (maybe 62), war/lance 44, archer that is 30 or 31 and then mystic at 16. Mystic solo is borrrrrrrrring.

Radiation on
  • Options
    I have never dug into the crafting in Tera yet. I hope I never have to. I can't stand crafting in MMOs... just a huge time sink. Except TESO - that one was actually fun.

I just sell all the mats for fat cash. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I have never dug into the crafting in Tera yet. I hope I never have to. I can't stand crafting in MMOs... just a huge time sink. Except TESO - that one was actually fun.

The best crafting in an MMO is RaiderZ. You buy the recipe for whatever, tack it into your quest log, and kill monsters and bosses and shit, and when you have all the Mats it tells you. Furthermore, that's both the way to get new gear (the only way from what I can tell) as well as being commonly taken care of in the progression of doing the other quests in the game, i.e. kill 20 of X monster, and by the time you're done with that you have all or almost all of the mats you need. It was well integrated, and I found it fun to do.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Crafting is not one of Tera's strongsuits. If you generally dislike mmo crafting, avoid Tera crafting like the plague as it is subpar even for "mmo crafting" and it's just absolute shit compared to games that really invested in the crafting system like FF13, or even WoW.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

The best crafting in an MMO is RaiderZ. You buy the recipe for whatever, tack it into your quest log, and kill monsters and bosses and shit, and when you have all the Mats it tells you. Furthermore, that's both the way to get new gear (the only way from what I can tell) as well as being commonly taken care of in the progression of doing the other quests in the game, i.e. kill 20 of X monster, and by the time you're done with that you have all or almost all of the mats you need. It was well integrated, and I found it fun to do.

That sounds fantastic!

• Options
    WiddershinzWiddershinz Registered User regular
    So I came back and I have this chest changer thing. Is there any way to buy these bikinis that's not the broker?

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • Options
    So I came back and I have this chest changer thing. Is there any way to buy these bikinis that's not the broker?

Not right now. Probably not until next summer.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

Not right now. Probably not until next summer.

Gah. I was hoping it would be in the cash shop but nothing. How long do they keep seasonal stuff in the shop for? I thought I saw some Halloween stuff in there.

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • Options
    TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    You could technically use a conversion. Look for someone saying buying EMP [EMP number] : [Gold number]. Example 1:13 (no clue what the rates are now)? Then turn around and buy off the broker.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    I have been playing on the laptop while home for christmas. Little difficult to manage the sorc with this keyboard, but I did get the warrior to 65 and have the priest at 61 now. Haven't tried any of the new instances, wasn't sure if the machine can handle it.

@radiation, I could attempt to group but it might be better after the 4th when I get back to my desktop.

• Options
    I have been playing on the laptop while home for christmas. Little difficult to manage the sorc with this keyboard, but I did get the warrior to 65 and have the priest at 61 now. Haven't tried any of the new instances, wasn't sure if the machine can handle it.

@radiation, I could attempt to group but it might be better after the 4th when I get back to my desktop.

Yeah I am travelling currently and won't return until the 1st, so we can totes wait. I have the reaper at 61 we can team up for leveling.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I reinstalled this over my Christmas break and holy shit I am so lost.

Edit: I was instantly reminded that solo leveling a mystic is hell unending even if the thralls don't really suck so much anymore. The class doesn't really have a safe way of engaging multiple mobs which is what you should be doing when you bang out kill quests.

Also for the people that stuck with it: what the heck is the progression chain past 60 these days? I haven't seriously played this game since before the alliance update

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Anything past 60 is very story quest driven, and has been pretty fun. Agreed on mystic leveling. I think I am going to inly level it with someone else around.

• Options
    I'm leveling a warrior and a priest. Holy moly is the priest easier to level with than I thought. Round Em all up and AoE them down is oddly viable with self heals. I vaporised a whole camp full of deva in one pull lol.

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I'm leveling a warrior and a priest. Holy moly is the priest easier to level with than I thought. Round Em all up and AoE them down is oddly viable with self heals. I vaporised a whole camp full of deva in one pull lol.

Priests got powered up big time a while back. They are currently better than Mystics at everything.

There is no reason to play a Mystic unless you just enjoy hardmode. Their buffs are weaker than Priest buffs, their healing is much weaker, and their personal survivability is much lower. Thralls are "better" but not actually good. They're just exactly good enough that you can't in good conscience take them all off your hotbar except for Wrath and Life, and Thrall of Life was actually severely nerfed when Protection and Vengeance were buffed. Merry Christmas.