As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    The beach event is up and easy, and if you have 2 50+? characters you can a loot box a day for like 5 minutes of play.

What? How?

Do the beach event stuff from the mini game npcs and the sand castle building Popo, each thing gives you 4 tokens for 12 a day.

I even made a video for it. Frame Rate is hot garbage for the first ~30 seconds but gets better I swear.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANEuBj5df-o"

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Did all of that on the Lancer and its pretty decent xp as well. Started out pretty well into 54 and now like 10% into 55 (maybe more). Also did this on the priest. Any idea how well that gear stacks up from the loot boxes?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The sand castle jewelry is apparently low quality 65 stuff from the easiest dungeon, according to the official forums. I don't know about the other stuff.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    That new racer car. I must have one. It does cute little 360 burnouts. Probably buy one off the broker tonight if I can just decide what color...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    The black one looked like a police car initially. If it was, and I could drive around running the siren, there would be no choice.

Blain on
  • Options
    I have one of the police cars. Tons of fun. But being able to drive around doing donuts all over people seems even more fun.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Oh, so I did see a puddy tat, er, police car. With only the black sports car in the market, I thought I was seeing things. <goes to internet> Hrmm... rare drop from police surprise boxes... Are these even available any more?

I'm enjoying Tera. It makes my CPU run warm, but it's super pretty. And I get to be a dog.

I'm thinking of rerolling only six hours in, though. I rolled lancer and it feels like just running circles around enemies is more effective than blocking. It takes zero stamina and since I don't have to keep blocking through the entire enemy animation I can start my counterattack much sooner, so enemies go down faster. It feels like I'm playing a warrior anyway, just doing it wrong.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Play a Zerker. All the damage and you can block when needed.

• Options
    Red race car got for the low, low price of 14,000 gold.

There's just something stupidly amusing in rolling up to an area in a mini sports car, hopping out and raining arrow-y death on everything while wearing a cheerleader outfit, and then zipping off to the next area. It feeds my need for silly fun. And that's pretty much why I keep coming back to Tera...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    @Glal I did roll a Zerker. I named him Stof after Stoffel the honey badger (video not recommended for Far Cry 4 players at it may give you nightmares). It helps that I knew where things were, but the initial levels flew by compared to lancer. Part of that's my own fault. I always feel like stuns should be saved for emergencies when they really should be used all the time to reduce incoming damage and pile on the hurt.

@Pixelated Pixie I like the nonsense too. I saw Dafi for the first time and just sort of stared as it went by. Also lol 14,000 gold. I think I've got five between both characters. :P

• Options
    @Blain - are you in a guild? If not, you're welcome to joing us in WANG (if you haven't already - I tend to forget who is or isn't). It's not really that active, but still occasionally some people play. Just apply in game to We Are Nice Guys and mention your forum name and I'll accept the app.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I'd like to make my own way for a while first.

Also I've seen the Steam thread and this sounds like a gift trap. :)

• Options
    No. Just a friendly invite.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    No. Just a friendly invite.

That's a damn lie!
    It's totally a trap.
    Image slightly related to that thread:
    REij93B.jpg

Radiation on
  • Options
    They let him hold their puppy!

That was my favorite part. "Niceness Pros" is also a pretty great term. I'm imagining "You cannot win with the Niceness Pros" as the next title for the Steam thread.

Back to Tera, I like leveling by myself. I'm a hero on an adventure. In a guild I'm literally useless for most of the activities the other members are engaged in. To paraphrase James Mielke, it busts up my fantasy.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Blain wrote: »

That was my favorite part. "Niceness Pros" is also a pretty great term. I'm imagining "You cannot win with the Niceness Pros" as the next title for the Steam thread.

Back to Tera, I like leveling by myself. I'm a hero on an adventure. In a guild I'm literally useless for most of the activities the other members are engaged in. To paraphrase James Mielke, it busts up my fantasy.

It's not about playing together. It's mostly for benefits (guild quests, bank, etc) and chatting. None of us ever play together these days. :P

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2015

It's not about playing together. It's mostly for benefits (guild quests, bank, etc) and chatting. None of us ever play together these days. :P

Kind of like Steam Thread FNG. :wink:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options

Wait until you start hitting BAMs, soloing them is pure adrenaline. <3

I like guilds just for the green chat aspect. I like shooting bull with people while I run around.

• Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    God I hate being on the EU servers.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    God I hate being on the EU servers.

Can't you get on the NA ones? Because you should. The EU version has herpes coming with it next patch.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I have the veteran account on EU. Also, while some may not notice it, I sure do notice latency in action MMOs cross-ocean. What's coming to EU next patch? D:

Glal on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Herpes. Actual herpes.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    Double XP this weekend and next and also there is a potion event thingie that is happening that is pretty sweet.
    linky

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    TERA THREAD.

I just became Tera kind of wealthy.

I sold a Blue Halo for like, 70K gold and now I have no idea what to do with this. Help me spend this responsibly and not spend it on like, 8 different costumes.

• Options
    TERA THREAD.

I just became Tera kind of wealthy.

I sold a Blue Halo for like, 70K gold and now I have no idea what to do with this. Help me spend this responsibly and not spend it on like, 8 different costumes.

I use the strategy of basically being paralyzed by choice. Like I have a shit ton of gold on my priest that I never log in to, and I want the clockwork stuff because it looks hella cool, but not sure which character. The gun chick should obviously get it, but the lancer chick would look rad in it as well, or maybe the big axe chick?

Unrelated but Tera is doing a friend thingie that may be of interest: It goes online tomorrow.

• Options
    I just keep buying costumes. I haven't found any other use for gold.

Buying a mount that restores HP/MP/Stam is somewhat more responsible a choice. As is buying a pet with 72 inventory slots.

Also, I'm curious what server you're on that you got 70k for that. They're only going for ~40k on my server (and I keep thinking I might nab one for my all-blue-themed berserker).

You might also invest that gold in the future. Depending on how the market is on your server, you could probably pick up bloodshadow ninjagi costume boxes pretty cheap right now (I've seen them down to 6-7k) and sell them once the prices go back up to the normal 15k+ range. Pirate costumes, business suits, and cocktail dresses have tanked in value too, and those should go back up later, but probably not as markedly. All of these dropped due to the potion shack event, which ends next week.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Wrong thread.

Tera stuff, Berserker is a lot of fun when you learn to properly animation cancel.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Preview of Tuesday's new stuff... 6 new sets of wings, plus a peek at the new starter island, character menus, etc.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    The new login screen is something. It looks better in motion and I like the menu better but why are they marching through a swamp?

?.jpg

• Options
    I've learned how to extract and repack textures from the game's archive files.

That means full mod speed ahead. Already customized my new warrior's face, recolored the default cheerleader outfit from red to pink, and have a GREAT BIG LIST of mods to make.

Much excite. Bonus, I'll never have to spend crazy amounts of gold again to buy dyeable versions of costumes. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Coming back to my 65 priest after rushing to 65 not too long ago is painful. I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm terrified to try healing any kind of dungeon. I guess I should level my archer to get the hang of things again...

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    You could run Channel Works. With the halloween event going on queues are nearly instant and it's short and easy, would be a nice refresher course.

My reaper is 65 and it's so much funner to play than end game warrior.

• Options
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    Coming back to my 65 priest after rushing to 65 not too long ago is painful. I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm terrified to try healing any kind of dungeon. I guess I should level my archer to get the hang of things again...

They added a thing recently to help people return to high level characters. I forget the details.

/wanders off to look

Ah, here it is. Added with the recent newbie island:
    Lastly, The Lost Isle will introduce a “Returning Hero” tab as part of the Vanguard Requests screen. This new tab is designed to help players with high-level characters hit the ground running when they return to the game after an extended absence. Any player with a level 58-65 character who has not logged in for at least a month gains access to the Returning Hero tab for three days. This tab provides information about class skills to help players relearn their class and allows players to upgrade their old gear (limited to one character per server), so they can remain competitive.

Maybe that helps?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Yeah that tab only shows like 4 abilities though. Gonna try Channel Works. I did get a bunch of free gear from boxes so it should be easy.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Ladies.

[img][/img]?.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/october-2015-producer-letter
    ...and a major content update that will unveil TERA’s newest class after a month of promotions and in-game events!

Is this something that already exists on the Korean side and is only now coming over, or a class new to everyone? I wonder which race's female side they'll lock this one to.