As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?"Registered User regular
edited November 2014 in MMO Extravaganza
WARLORDS OF DRAENOR ahoy !

Here's the WARLORDS site: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

Blizzcon, November 7 & 8: http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/virtual-ticket/

Patch 6.03 Notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16549669/603-patch-notes-10-27-2014

Australian servers ! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16495451/australian-servers-down-under-10-23-2014

We'll leave this here for now, there's a thread for it in G & T: OVERWATCH trailer http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

Go here for the expansion FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11514711/World_of_Warcraft_Warlords_of_Draenor_BlizzCon_2013_FAQ-10_30_2013

Q: What are the key features of Warlords of Draenor?
Some of the new content and features of Warlords of Draenor include:
•Explore a Savage World: Explore the hostile world of Draenor, home of the orc and draenei races, as it once existed, and adventure in all-new zones alongside characters central to Warcraft history.
•Build Your Garrison: Construct, command, and expand your own customizable stronghold on Draenor, and gather NPC followers to collect resources and embark on missions on your orders.
•Instantly Upgrade to Level 90: Boost one character of your choosing to be ready to adventure on Draenor, making it easier than ever to enjoy the latest content alongside your friends.
•New Player Character Art: Character models and animations for many of World of Warcraft’s existing playable races are being fully revamped in keeping with the game’s iconically epic style.
•Adventure to Level 100: Reach new heights of power and unlock bonuses to further enhance your abilities on your way to the new level cap of 100.
•…And More: Take on a wide array of Dungeons, Raids, Scenarios, Battlegrounds, Challenge Modes, and more—no matter what kind of content you enjoy, new adventures await.

Q: How does the Garrison work? What kinds of followers and upgrades are available?
To establish a foothold on Draenor and bolster your faction’s defenses against the formidable Iron Horde, each player will need to build and manage their own Garrison, a customizable fortress that serves as your personal base of operations throughout the course of the expansion. As you complete quests and win allies to your cause, your Garrison will expand and you’ll be able to choose which upgrades you’d like to construct from a variety of options. You’ll also meet and recruit NPC allies and followers who will join you at the Garrison, each providing different benefits.

For example, a miner rescued from a dungeon might take up residence and help gather Mining resources. A heroic warrior you quarter might embark upon quests at your command, with a chance to return with valuable treasures. Other characters might provide you with quests that expand upon their own stories or lead you to valuable assets in your campaign.

When it comes time to upgrade your Garrison, you might choose to build a Barracks to send more followers on missions simultaneously, an Inn to provide new recruits, or an Infirmary to speed up injured followers’ recovery time between assignments. You may instead decide to build a Smithy and recruit a Blacksmith to research new plans and craft valuable resources (such as those with daily cooldowns). You’ll also be able to invite friends to visit your Garrison to trade resources and see how your home base stacks up against their own.

Q: What new zones will I explore on Draenor?
The expansion sends players to Draenor as it existed before it shattered into the realm World of Warcraft players know as Outland—and while some of the names of these places might be familiar, we’re building them all from scratch for the expansion.
Here’s a breakdown of Draenor’s zones:
•Frostfire Ridge: Across snow-covered wastes and beneath towering volcanoes, heroes of the Frostwolf clan and the Horde unite to repel invaders from their homeland.
•Shadowmoon Valley: Amid rolling moonlit hills, the draenei at the holy temple of Karabor unite with the Alliance in a desperate fight for survival against the Iron Horde and Shadowmoon clan.
•Gorgrond: Deep within the desert canyons of Gorgrond, an arsenal of massive siege weapons built by the Blackrock clan is about to be unleashed upon the whole of Draenor.
•Talador: In the shadow of a besieged Shattrath City, the Auchenai Soulpriests actively seek to safeguard the countless draenei souls inside Auchindoun from a terrible demonic threat.
•Spires of Arak: At the height of their power, the regal arrakoa plot atop their high peaks, well out of the reach of the brutal Shattered Hand orcs and the wingless outcasts below.
•Nagrand: Among the fertile hills and outcroppings of Nagrand, the bloodied wolf-riders of the Warsong clan remain a threat not to be trifled with.
•Tanaan Jungle: Within the overgrown jungle home of the Bleeding Hollow clan, a Dark Portal is under construction . . . and an Iron Horde army makes grim preparations to conquer Azeroth.

Q: Why are you giving everyone a level-90 character boost?
World of Warcraft is constantly evolving, and these days players engage with the game in a wider variety of ways than ever. Some enjoy the process of exploring the world and leveling up. Others enjoy the challenge of raiding. Many simply enjoy playing with their friends, wherever they may be. One of our primary goals with Warlords of Draenor is to empower WoW players to quickly and easily be able to participate in the content they’re most interested in, and giving everyone a level-90 character upgrade right out of the gate helps make that possible.

One common piece of feedback we’ve received from new players and those who’ve taken an extended break from the game is that World of Warcraft requires a significant time investment before they’re able to “catch up” and play with high-level friends. Design changes such as speeding up the leveling curve and features like the popular Scroll of Resurrection and Recruit-a-Friend system have proven very popular, but the issues’s only getting more challenging with each patch and expansion we release. By giving players the option to boost a character to be ready for the latest expansion content, we hope to remove some of these entry barriers and make it so anyone can pick up and enjoy Warlords of Draenor right away, no matter how much World of Warcraft they’ve played in the past.

Q: It’s been a while since I’ve played WoW—will I know what to do with a level-90 character?
At the start of the new expansion, players will be thrust into an exciting introductory experience involving a desperate strike against the orc forces on Draenor. During this opening sequence, new and returning players will have an opportunity to get up to speed on the game before diving into their faction’s starting zone content—similar to the Death Knight starting experience in Wrath of the Lich King. We’ve also recently added features such as Proving Grounds, which help players learn how to tank, heal, and deal damage in dungeons in a solo “teaching” environment, to help ease the learning curve and prepare players for battle as quickly, efficiently, and enjoyably as possible.

Q: How will the included level-90 character upgrade work?
In regions where players purchase World of Warcraft expansions, each World of Warcraft account that you upgrade to the Warlords of Draenor expansion will receive one level-90 character boost (to be used once the expansion releases). You don’t need to decide which character to boost immediately. You can also create a level-1 character from scratch and then use the upgrade on that if you wish. The boosted character will also receive a level-appropriate set of gear (along with some other assistance) to make sure you’re set for adventuring. We’ll have more details to share as development continues.
For regions where players do not purchase expansions (including China, Korea, and Taiwan), we’ll have more information to share on our plans in the future. In the meantime, our goal for all regions remains the same—to give players a way to get straight to the action in Draenor.

Q: Why revisit the player races’ art now? Will I recognize myself in the mirror?
As we’ve released new World of Warcraft content and expansions, we’ve received feedback that some of the earlier player character models and animations are no longer measuring up to the quality of the newer races. Because Warlords of Draenor takes players back to the homeland of the Orcs—one of WoW’s original playable races—it felt like a great time to update not just the Orcs, but other playable races that could use a refresh.
We know that many of you already strongly identify with the look of your current character, so we’re dedicating a lot of time and resources to make sure these updates capture each race’s iconic identity and personality. We’re still in the process of determining which races will be available upon the expansion’s release, but our goal is to update all eight of the original World of Warcraft playable races, along with the Draenei and Blood Elves, over the course of the expansion launch and subsequent content updates.

Q: What kinds of bonuses will my character earn on the journey from level 90 to 100?
Warlords of Draenor introduces a new bonus system that rewards players with powerful perks as they level up to the new cap. At every level from 91 to 100, characters will earn a major permanent boost to one of their their key spells and abilities (e.g. a Fire Mage might earn a +50% damage boost to Pyroblast or +30% boost to Scorch). Players will also unlock a new talent tier once they’ve achieved level 100, rewarding each class with three potent new abilities to choose from.

Q: What are the plans for new Dungeons, Scenarios, and Raids?
We’re planning 6 new 5-player dungeons for the launch of Warlords of Draenor, along with a revamped version of the classic Blackrock Spire. One of our goals is to make sure we’re giving players a good mix of “level-up” Dungeons along with some new, unexplored Dungeons to delve into at max level. The expansion will also give players a chance to earn awesome transmogrifiable weapons and other unique rewards in Challenge Mode Dungeons. We’re also planning a wide variety of Scenarios for launch, along with Heroic Scenarios for those who enjoy the extra challenge.

On the Raiding front, we’re planning 2 new raid instances around launch, as well as new world bosses. We’ll also continue to provide players with a wide variety of raiding options. In addition to offering four tiers of difficulty as in Patch 5.4, we're also extending our Flexible Raid scaling technology to Normal difficulty raiding. We’ll have more details to share as development continues.

Q: What challenges await in the world of PvP?
Warlords of Draenor will feature a new world PvP zone that hurls Horde and Alliance players into an epic conflict fighting for control of strategic fortresses on Draenor. This new area will be seamlessly instanced, with the goal of providing better performance and a more balanced PvP experience than was possible in WoW’s earlier world PvP zones. We’re also planning several major PvP-related UI improvements, including updates to help you track and communicate with your team about objectives in Battlegrounds, along with enhancements to Arena and Rated Battleground enemy unit frames designed to relay key information more clearly.

Q: What’s in store for professions?
One of our goals in Warlords of Draenor is to make each of the game’s existing Professions more engaging and integrated into the gameplay. To that end, the Garrison will play a major role in your character’s Professions in this expansion—similar to how your farm was key to the Cooking profession in Mists of Pandaria, only on a much more epic scale.

Q: What can players expect while questing in Draenor?
We received a lot of feedback over the course of Mists of Pandaria about what kinds of quests and world PvE content players enjoy most, and we’re continuing to evolve the questing experience in Warlords of Draenor with that in mind. Our goal is to give players a wide variety of fun and unexpected activities, ranging from the kinds of quests they’re familiar with to new experiences along the lines of the exploration- and event-driven Timeless Isle introduced in Patch 5.4: The Siege of Orgrimmar.

Q: Will you be making any changes to what Stats are available?
One of our goals for Warlords of Draenor is to make the act of finding and collecting loot even more exciting for players. With that in mind, we’re adding some fun new stats to gear, such as Movement Speed and Cleave, which gives you a chance to do extra damage or healing to additional nearby targets. In addition, we’ll be retiring a few stats that players don’t find very enjoyable to manage, such as Hit and Expertise. We’re also making improvements to armor itemization that will make it easier to share armor pieces across classes. We’ll have more details to share as development continues.

Q: Will there be any updates to the graphics and changes to the minimum system requirements?
Yes—we’re planning a number of tweaks and improvements to the graphics engine in this expansion, including some updates related to the upgraded player characters and the introduction of the Garrison. We’re also looking into updating other existing systems with an eye toward improving graphical quality and performance. We’ll announce the exact system requirements closer to the expansion’s release.

Fairchild on

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The most glorious cinematic you will ever see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLzbESDA1oU

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I should be able to kill you through the internet.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I laughed harder than I should have at that horrible thing.

However now I feel dirty and want to take a shower.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    That's awful, and it can't seem to decide if it's poking fun at warcraft or straight up insulting the players.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    That was one of the most painfully unfunny things I've ever forced myself to watch.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I wonder if, with the physical Oceanic servers now in Australia, if we'll be able to get a maintenance time that is during the middle of a weekday rather than at peak time on Tuesday nights.

How does the new group finder thing work; if you click "Sign up" does it just join you to the raid, or does the raid leader have to manually approve?

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    It shows the leader(s) a message and they can decline or invite you.

• Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    How does the new group finder thing work; if you click "Sign up" does it just join you to the raid, or does the raid leader have to manually approve?

The leader or someone with assist has to approve you.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
    Ah, ok.

Semi-related; anyone know what heirloom drop rates are looking like after your first, with the 6.0 buff?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    That was one of the most painfully unfunny things I've ever forced myself to watch.
    The original was also terrible! I don't know why they thought there was...any sort of demand for an updated version.

YL9WnCY.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I wonder if, with the physical Oceanic servers now in Australia, if we'll be able to get a maintenance time that is during the middle of a weekday rather than at peak time on Tuesday nights.

They've said that's not gonna happen. I can understand why though. We still share (some) instance servers with the US. Even with the aussie servers for Diablo it goes down at standard B.Net times. I can imagine stupid people logging on during maintenance and seeing all these wonderful Oceanic servers still up and deciding to hop on to them. You might say that won't happen, but have you seen when maintenance finishing is staggered and servers go up one at a time? It's not pretty if your server is the first one up.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I really do wish they would just let people skip the razorgore encounter. They tweak numbers here and there and make this timer last longer and whatever and it's just...man, the encounter is and has always been shit. Just for christ's sake let me avoid it. He drops bracers. It's content exclusively used for transmog now, just fucking let people skip it.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    has anyone been able to solo spine? I tried, but he just kept rolling and I could never get an amalgamation built up

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So I was talking to someone today who was trying to convince me that the Leeroy Jenkins video was genuine and not staged. I mean, what? I thought everybody had always known it to be staged...

Dhalphir on
    Apparently the oceanic servers are back up early

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the once and future best WoW fan video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1dPTAQ5_U

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Apparently I need to link some Illegal Danish in here to educate some people as to what the best video is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUsF8weJJWs

Also managed to snag the Grand Black War Mammoth so until Vaults of Archavon start giving honor again I'm done with that place. So very annoying to wait until Alliance has control of Wintergrasp before being able to do the raid.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I was wrong and I still have to get 12 titan stones. Man, Wrathion, you really might need to go fuck yourself. I still have the last ToT raid and all of the SoO for this week, so I could get really lucky, but look Wrathion, randomly dropping shit is getting old. Just let me do stuff that doesn't make me rely on something I can't control.

oh my god its like abilities go off before i use them

• SepahSepah Registered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    Oh hey, I was wrong and I still have to get 12 titan stones. Man, Wrathion, you really might need to go fuck yourself. I still have the last ToT raid and all of the SoO for this week, so I could get really lucky, but look Wrathion, randomly dropping shit is getting old. Just let me do stuff that doesn't make me rely on something I can't control.

Each difficulty of SOO(LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) Bosses 1-8 has a separate lockout for runestones. Sha of Pride is only guaranteed to drop one the very first time you kill him, regardless of difficulty.

As best I can tell, this is not true of ToT.

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    has anyone been able to solo spine? I tried, but he just kept rolling and I could never get an amalgamation built up

Soloed it on a bunch of different classes, it is fairly trivial.

Start off by killing three tentacles and then either kill them yourself or use roll to get rid of them. After that you just stand in one of the gripping patches and wait for 9 bloods to spawn, doesn't matter if he rolls now since you are stuck on and the bloods can't be rolled off. Once you have enough bloods you just spawn an amalgamation and as you kite it into the pools left by the bloods you make sure to go back and forth across the central ridge to make deathwing continuously reset the roll left/right timer and you need to keep doing this until the amalgamation actually blows up since even during its cast it can be rolled off. Then just do the same to the other plates, which is even easier since now there are more bloods spawning.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    First a tip: having DBM makes it really easy to tell how much time you have until he rolls, which makes it easier to do things without getting caught upside down. DBM will play a noise whenever his roll timer starts and you have until the timer finishes to get to the other side to stop the roll from happening, which then starts the timer again for the roll going the other way.

For the strat on how to solo, this is what you do:
    1) kill 3 tenacles to start, skipping one next to the plate.
    2) sit on the tentacle wound next to the plate opposite the living one so the 3 adds that spawn fly away
    3) wait for 9+ slimes to gather (waiting for more is better if you're not confident)
    4) run to the center of his back and aoe them all down.
    5) Get him to roll one more time and the second he stops rolling is when you kill the tentacle.
    6) Intercept the add and dps him down to 50% or so, then run him through the slime pile which will also switch the roll direction.
    7) run back to the other side while dpsing the add the rest of the way, taking care to keep him next to the plate and switching sides back and forth if needed
    8) I don't know if his explosion can kill a level 90 so I always run out of it, planting onto a back row wound since I'm ranged and can dps the tendon from that spot. If you're melee then you'll need to either find out if you can live through the explosion or run out and then back in for the tendon
    9) rinse and repeat two more times

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Guys.

Last time I played was during Wrath. Thinking about popping back in, but I am woefully out of date. Gonna roll a new char instead of continuing my old Shaman.

So: Hunter or Warlock? how are they looking these days?

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    You know, it's a very simple, easy-to-put-together transmog, but I'm really liking how my shaman's looking. Just wish I had the Argent Crusader's tabard, or the will to grind it out.

T6iDzLJ.png

Kamar on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Guys.

Last time I played was during Wrath. Thinking about popping back in, but I am woefully out of date. Gonna roll a new char instead of continuing my old Shaman.

My Worglock has been awesome so far. You get Metamorphosis from the get go when you choose Demonology.

There's... a lot of new stuff if you've been gone since Wrath, though you won't be out of the loop as much as a friend of a friend who's not played since before BC came out.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Arthil wrote: »
    Guys.

My Worglock has been awesome so far. You get Metamorphosis from the get go when you choose Demonology.

There's... a lot of new stuff if you've been gone since Wrath, though you won't be out of the loop as much as a friend of a friend who's not played since before BC came out.

Just looked at the talent calcs.

...ooookay then.

Capture.jpg~original
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    It's not as scary as it seems. Most of the old talent trees were 1% increase to this, 2% increase to that. All of the passives are just built into each spec now and gained at various levels. That let them make very interesting talents that are situational, and you can swap talents between boss fights now with an inventory consumable.

Ha. Interesting.

How's leveling these days?

Capture.jpg~original
    Ha. Interesting.

How's leveling these days?

Absurdly quick.

Also don't be intimidated by the talent specs. None of them are critical abilities anymore. Anything crucial to the way you play a class is built in. The talents are mostly flavour. There are still right and wrong choices, but the right choices are 5% better than the wrong choices, and that's arguable.

Sweet. Then I shall jump on tonight and give it a whirl. Might even roll a Panda. Chubby Panda.

Capture.jpg~original
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Also don't be intimidated by the talent specs. None of them are critical abilities anymore. Anything crucial to the way you play a class is built in. The talents are mostly flavour. There are still right and wrong choices, but the right choices are 5% better than the wrong choices, and that's arguable.
    So, I was looking at the Priest talents (on WoWHead). I was pretty confused until I realized the choices can change based on your specialization.

I also was gone since Wrath, until last week, so if you run into confusion feel free to ask me first as I've probably encountered the same thing.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I also was gone since Wrath, until last week, so if you run into confusion feel free to ask me first as I've probably encountered the same thing.

Is there a way to catch crafting professions up to at least Panda level quickly? Or do i just have to make junk.

YoungFrey wrote: »

Is there a way to catch crafting professions up to at least Panda level quickly? Or do i just have to make junk.

A boosted 90 gets free lv 600 professions if boosted from level 60 or higher

edited October 2014
    Downside to low latency to aussie servers - its no longer possible to make it to the second floor of the shrine before being dismounted

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.