As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reveal Knob's embarrassing repressed fetishes in the [Indie Games] thread

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Well I guess if they did The Real Lego Ghostbusters Game we'd be good.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Okay Lego Batman 3. I'm in the second level inside the bat cave fighting brain washed batman. Robin puts the tech suit on to activate this console by sticking a thing in it. When it activates it makes the exact sound of a proton pack switching on.

Lego Ghostbusters: The Game confirmed!

You never know

I mean a sound clip is how Lego JP was confirmed, though it was a bit more overt than that

They can't do a Lego Ghostbusters game, that movie has a ghost blowjob!

Yeah but it doesn't happen during a war so it's okay

There was a war! A war for our souls!

No I don't.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The blowjob isn't militarized so it's fair game

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The Ghost Blowjob totally flies over kids heads. I had no idea what that was until I watched the movie when I was like 13

Plus they wouldn't even include it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'd much rather have a Lego Goonies.

But that's pretty much Lego Pirates.

No I don't.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You folks remember that unofficial Lego game from the early 00's that was online?

I think we had a pretty big group in G&T for a while.

It was pretty much Minecraft Creative mode years before Minecraft.

What happened to that?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Okay Lego Batman 3. I'm in the second level inside the bat cave fighting brain washed batman. Robin puts the tech suit on to activate this console by sticking a thing in it. When it activates it makes the exact sound of a proton pack switching on.

Lego Ghostbusters: The Game confirmed!

You never know

I mean a sound clip is how Lego JP was confirmed, though it was a bit more overt than that

They can't do a Lego Ghostbusters game, that movie has a ghost blowjob!

There are (PG-13, post-coital bedsheet) sex scenes in Indiana Jones as well as both DC and Marvel Comics.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Well I guess if they did The Real Lego Ghostbusters Game we'd be good.

Now I'm hoping for a Mega Blok Ghostbusters game (that one with the talking car and the ape) and then Lego The Real Ghostbusters.

sig.gif
  • Options
    You know what, the one Lego game I want the most is Lego Back to the Future.

I want Lego Crispin Glover pulling Lego Biff Tannen out of a car and Lego punching him out and then Future Lego Marty McFly comes in with his Lego Inconspicuous Spy Jacket and takes the almanac back and that Lego guy is all "That Lego guy just took his Lego wallet! I think he stole his Lego wallet!"

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also I'm just goofing, not really saying they can't do a ghostbusters game.

If anything I hope they only do one based on the new movie if it's good.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I mean the sound effect is very specific to a proton pack. I know very well that it is the exact same sound. And they already have the Ghostbusters license.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »

I want Lego Crispin Glover pulling Lego Biff Tannen out of a car and Lego punching him out and then Future Lego Marty McFly comes in with his Lego Inconspicuous Spy Jacket and takes the almanac back and that Lego guy is all "That Lego guy just took his Lego wallet! I think he stole his Lego wallet!"

I still want to make my Back to the Future musical.

The working title is "Back to the Future: An Unfortunate Series of Boners".

The main song is "My Mom's Trying to Seduce Me", but the real breakout "Let it go" style hit is "Brain Melting Density (I mean Destiny)".

No I don't.
  • Options
    "Buttheads", Biff's big number (think Gaston's song from Beauty and the Beast)
    "Great Scott" being Doc's leitmotif

and of course, the big climactic reprise montage number, featuring Great Scott at the clock tower, Brain Melting Density as George and Lorraine meet up on the dance floor, Marty on stage trying to keep up My Mom's Trying To Seduce Me as he's starting to fade away, and one angry Tannen stomping through the crowd looking for those buttheads McFly and Klein to kick their asses

all culminating in Johnny B. Goode, obviously.

sig.gif
  • Options
    "Buttheads", Biff's big number (think Gaston's song from Beauty and the Beast)
    "Great Scott" being Doc's leitmotif

and of course, the big climactic reprise montage number, featuring Great Scott at the clock tower, Brain Melting Density as George and Lorraine meet up on the dance floor, Marty on stage trying to keep up My Mom's Trying To Seduce Me as he's starting to fade away, and one angry Tannen stomping through the crowd looking for those buttheads McFly and Klein to kick their asses

all culminating in Johnny B. Goode, obviously.

We're going to be fucking rich!

No I don't.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    And then, oh man, the part 2 musical culminates in the same medley, but now featuring future-Marty and future-Doc with their own songs in the middle of it all. Future Doc interacts and weaves in and out of past-Doc's song and otherwise every other part is the same BUT Biff encounters both Marties and then his song veers into confusion. "Too Many Buttheads".

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Welp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_(musical)

let's just see if the real thing is as awesome as what we're coming up with.

sig.gif
  • Options
    In II Future Biff has a song called "I knew her" about Loraine, which he sings with young Biff in the past, young Biff singing the song "Manure" from the first musical.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    Hella's definitely a west-coasty thing. My sister in Colorado has a tendency to use it.

I finished Life is Strange, and liked it. I will probably play the rest of it.

There is dialogue in this game that seems, to me, exactly right. The exact way an eighteen year old who's trying a bit too hard to be cool (and doesn't even know what "cool" is to them, really) might talk. There were definitely a fair share of stilted lines, but I thought the writing and performances were generally good.
    I also thought "go fuck your selfie" was hilarious.
    Noice :3

Gonna pick it up some day soon then!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    You folks remember that unofficial Lego game from the early 00's that was online?

I think we had a pretty big group in G&T for a while.

It was pretty much Minecraft Creative mode years before Minecraft.

What happened to that?

Minecraft came out?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I guess if anything the surprising part is that it took this long.

But I'm finally safe from a weekly humble bundle, because every single game in it, I've already got from previous bundles!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Hmmm...
    Deep thought..and question...
    I helped to create a video game console franchise called "Condemned." I currently own the entire franchise.
    There have been 2 game titles released for the franchise, "Condemned: Criminal Origins" and "Condemned: Bloodshot" - they both did well, and I am consistently asked when a third game might be created.
    Since I am focused on other things, and will be for quite some time, this franchise is just sitting there.
    I am contemplating finding an interested and proven Indie development team AND PROVIDING IT TO THEM, so that they can take over the franchise and move it forward.
    As an indie, it can be very hard to get marketing/media attention for a title that you work on. This franchise is already quite known, has market demand, and is in an innovative genre/category.
    Should I explore this idea further? What say you all?
    https://www.facebook.com/JaceHallShow/posts/10152999663109303?pnref=story

I wonder how well the amnesia guys would be able to handle the combat.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    whoa, Monty Oum just died from medical complications/alergic reaction (rooster teeth animator)

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    whoa, Monty Oum just died from medical complications/alergic reaction (rooster teeth animator)

Jesus!

That is tragic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah I guess it was the result of some procedure, they had to put him in an induced coma, and rooster teeth raised a ton of money to help cover costs, but they were unable to bring him out of it.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

I want Lego Crispin Glover pulling Lego Biff Tannen out of a car and Lego punching him out

You are talking about a Lego attempted rape scene

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

I want Lego Crispin Glover pulling Lego Biff Tannen out of a car and Lego punching him out

Nah, they'd just have Biff try give her flowers when she doesn't want them or something similar.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh yeah I don't doubt it

I just think it's a bit odd that it would be the first scene to come to mind when thinking about making a Lego version of BTTF

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Nah, they'd just have Biff try give her flowers when she doesn't want them or something similar.

You don't think that comes off as completely trivialising?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

You don't think that comes off as completely trivialising?
    Yes it would be but that's how Lego cutscenes go. Light hearted jokes and gags. So if they made a BttF Lego game then that's probably how they'd do it. But I think they'd rather not make a BttF Lego game at all.

• Options
    Oh yeah I don't doubt it

I just think it's a bit odd that it would be the first scene to come to mind when thinking about making a Lego version of BTTF

Well the bit that came to mind was the punch that comes after, mostly because that's a pretty cool moment in the movie.

Not the attempted rape part.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I'm having a way harder time picturing Lego Libyans gunning Lego Doc down.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I'm having a way harder time picturing Lego Libyans gunning Lego Doc down.

Lego catching your dad watching your mom undress then her hitting on you the rest of the game.

• Options
    Oh yeah I don't doubt it

Well the bit that came to mind was the punch that comes after, mostly because that's a pretty cool moment in the movie.

Not the attempted rape part.

It's a Lego game. Marty would be in the car with Loraine, pull up to the parking stop, get immediately pulled out by Biff, and then George would show up because you need two players at any given time. After you beat Biff in a boss fight, George knocks him out and Loraine falls for George.

No rape or rape metaphors necessary.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Hmmm...
    Deep thought..and question...
    I helped to create a video game console franchise called "Condemned." I currently own the entire franchise.
    There have been 2 game titles released for the franchise, "Condemned: Criminal Origins" and "Condemned: Bloodshot" - they both did well, and I am consistently asked when a third game might be created.
    Since I am focused on other things, and will be for quite some time, this franchise is just sitting there.
    I am contemplating finding an interested and proven Indie development team AND PROVIDING IT TO THEM, so that they can take over the franchise and move it forward.
    As an indie, it can be very hard to get marketing/media attention for a title that you work on. This franchise is already quite known, has market demand, and is in an innovative genre/category.
    Should I explore this idea further? What say you all?
    https://www.facebook.com/JaceHallShow/posts/10152999663109303?pnref=story

I wonder how well the amnesia guys would be able to handle the combat.

Aw man, bummed that the guy doesn't want to make a new one.

Neat that he's had this idea.

Honestly don't have any indie developers popping to the top of my head who I think would be able to handle that kind of game

edit: wait, this guy was just a publisher.. it's.. nice that he has the rights but it would be cool if he could give Monolith another shot at it

edit edit: oh neat, Patrick Klepek replied to a tweet I sent him about it

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    xz25jmzz0lal.png

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

AND WHY WAS THAT PICTURE OF A CROPPED TWEET SO LARGE

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    OH SURE

"YOU" FOUND IT

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    it means he favorites almost every tweet that mentions frog fractions 2

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    it means he favorites almost every tweet that mentions frog fractions 2

too simple an explanation

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    indie games thread, has anyone played SPOOKY SELFIE ??

B8ts0jdIMAAGD9c.png

http://brendengibbons.itch.io/spookyselfie

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    did you know if you change richard dawkins' picture to dril's and adjust the capitalization their tweets are indistinguishable

tumblr_nj2bm0DiXn1rl3plno5_500.jpg

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.