As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] and such.

CenoCeno pizza timeRegistered User regular
Daniel_Cormac_001.png

It is I, Jack O Lantern! Scourge of oh who am I kidding nobody cares about me.

Happy Halloween! Lots of spooOOooky superhero shenanigans going on lately. Please refer to this convenient chart.

CA_Supermovies_10-28-2014-21.jpg

Discuss, nerds.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    why doesn't superman just kill lex luthor

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Avengers-vs-X-Men-2015-0d143.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Odd that Black Bolt and Medusa are on there since they were not involved with AvX at all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

Lex Luthor is too pimp for that

The whole "no killing" thing is superman trying to cover up the fact that Lex Luthor always manages to escape before he can land the final blow

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    All I know about comic books I know from wikipedia and marvel/batman movies

They're pretty sweet

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Maybe in x babies universe theyre just mutants

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    maybe Skottie Young just really wanted to draw Medusa and Black Bolt

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Zak Snyder quit hacking peoples accounts

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Why don't more people listen to Bill Watterson on comic books

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i'm a superhero

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    i'm a superhero

you are to me <3

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

shoo

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular

shoo

Never

As an aside, I had shoo-fly pie for the first time last weekend

It was pretty good!

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh hey are they redoing AvX?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    yeah, right now

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    So from 2014-2020 there will be 39 superhero related films released! (assuming those undated films are released within that time frame). I'm wondering how many of those are likely to be cancelled? It just seems unthinkable that they'll manage to churn out that many flicks, regardless of quality, without people having had enough but maybe I'm wrong.

• Options
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    So from 2014-2020 there will be 39 superhero related films released! (assuming those undated films are released within that time frame). I'm wondering how many of those are likely to be cancelled? It just seems unthinkable that they'll manage to churn out that many flicks, regardless of quality, without people having had enough but maybe I'm wrong.

none of the spider-man or dc ones are guaranteed to come out

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    so gotham is 90% on rotten tomatoes? Is anyone watching it? I watched the first 5 minutes and thought it was dire and stopped...

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Rotten Tomatoes does TV now? I have a couple friends who really like it (and in particular, Alfred and Bruce?), but they will watch almost anything related to Batman, so

• Options
    TV reviews are about as useful as comic reviews

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Oh FAQ it is so fuckin' bad

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    so gotham is 90% on rotten tomatoes? Is anyone watching it? I watched the first 5 minutes and thought it was dire and stopped...

i think maybe a couple people in the tv thread are at least lukewarm on it, but I don't think anyone here is a fan

still ain't seen any of it myself

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

With the DC one I'm assuming they'll wait and see how feel Bats vs Supes does financially, which considering it's Batman and Superman having fisticuffs it'll make $$$$,which will then give Warner Bros the confidence to start churning out the rest of their planned films. I can't see them worry about critical acclaim either, and instead will be taking the Transformers approach of 'this made $1 billion so let's make more'.

I just wonder at what point that decision will it catch up with them.

• Options
    How can you not love a show with such careful worldbuilding, such subtle foreshadowing, such

B1D8Lv7CMAIL7_n.jpg

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Keep in mind that marvel is likely to greenlight more "smaller" movies like big hero six as well, they just won't get huge announcements

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    tumblr_ne9ymf7I1M1qarjq8o1_1280.jpg

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Well because Lex Luthor is host to Brainiac, duh.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    How can you not love a show with such careful worldbuilding, such subtle foreshadowing, such

B1D8Lv7CMAIL7_n.jpg

GET IT GUYS, I THINK HE'S THE RIDDLER

BECAUSE THE RIDDLER LIKES QUESTION MARKS

I AM SO CLEVER FOR CATCHING THIS

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Supergirl.

Supergirl, you are not taking this job seriously.

• Options

BvS is guaranteed to come out, and since it'll likely be successful, Suicide Squad and the first Justice League are also very likely to come out. The rest, yes.

sig.gif
  • Options
    It also looks like someone just drew a question mark on the cup in sharpie 5 minutes before they shot the scene after the director worried it might not be clear enough he's The Riddler.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    WTF is Justice League Dark? Are they saying they will go even darker than they currently are going? How is that even possible? Just two hours of CG puppy murders?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Oh FAQ it is so fuckin' bad

The only ad I keep seeing about it has a guy deliver in the most hamfisted way possible "Yeah take it easy PENGUIN"

and then he goes "You know I don't like to be called that"

and it's like

guuuhuhhhhhhhh

it's exactly what that PA comic was.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    WTF is Justice League Dark? Are they saying they will go even darker than they currently are going? How is that even possible? Just two hours of CG puppy murders?

It was the team of Supernatural heroes that Del Toro was attached to and is almost certainly never coming out.

• Options

It's Guillermo del Toro's project starring Constantine, Zatanna, and Swamp Thing that will never get made

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Welcome back, AtomicSlowfu!

• Options
    I will use my ghosting to point out the fact that everyone knows that movie isn't coming out

• Options

From what I understand that's a leftover from pre-DCCU plans, Guillermo Del Toro was attached to it. I'd be surprised to see it ever come out, unless they just retool it to be Justice League 3 or whatever.

sig.gif
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

It's a different team than the regular Justice League, as far I can tell it is: Shade the Changing Man, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Zatanna, Mindwarp and John Constantine? Or that's what the first trade's description is.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Next week on Gotham:

Fuck, I love me some ketchup. And mustard. I'm down with mustard.

If ever I was a monarch of some kind, truly I would be a king of condiments.

Ceno on
This discussion has been closed.