As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars Rebels] Season 4: May the Fourth Be With Uth

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Well I figured it had to do with how Jedi isolate themselves and cut off their emotions. Kanan tried to be the stoic Jedi Master, and all it did was drive Ezra away, when what Ezra needed was his compassionate friend.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Vader was refered to as "Dark Lord of the Sith" in the original screen play for ANH. But yes -- mainstream wise the name Sith didn't show up until TPM. By mainstream I mean the movies.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Am on phone. 7 percent battery. Here goes.

Caught up on the season so far. Enjoying it, but am deeply wary of "I'm in the middle" (tho character himself is fun - great design, and god bless Tom Baker).

"Middle/grey" etc force idea has always rung very South Park-Ian in a bad way. Am always curious what is the super great middle ground between torturing and terrorizing someone with brain lightning and not doing so. "I'm in the middle. I only slaughter defenseless victims on Thursday."

Depends on how idea is executed. If idea is that "dark" but normal human emotions like anger etc can be okay sometimes in context, that's fine and emotion ally healthy. If idea is that being kind and showing restraint is for gay pussies, show can suck dick forever.

4 percent.

Grey Jedi have always struck me as leaning more towards Jedi than Sith, just that they reject some of the more douchy parts of the Jedi code (no attachments, love is bad, etc.). The Jedi order always tries to stay above the day to day affairs of the rest of the Galaxy (or claims to while not actually doing so, re: clone wars), a grey Jedi recognizes that as being bullshit and self serving.

When I I heard that character's name, it sounded very much like Jolee Bindo (or at least his last name), I wonder if that was intentional, I assume it was.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Am on phone. 7 percent battery. Here goes.

Caught up on the season so far. Enjoying it, but am deeply wary of "I'm in the middle" (tho character himself is fun - great design, and god bless Tom Baker).

"Middle/grey" etc force idea has always rung very South Park-Ian in a bad way. Am always curious what is the super great middle ground between torturing and terrorizing someone with brain lightning and not doing so. "I'm in the middle. I only slaughter defenseless victims on Thursday."

Depends on how idea is executed. If idea is that "dark" but normal human emotions like anger etc can be okay sometimes in context, that's fine and emotion ally healthy. If idea is that being kind and showing restraint is for gay pussies, show can suck dick forever.

4 percent.

Grey Jedi have always struck me as leaning more towards Jedi than Sith, just that they reject some of the more douchy parts of the Jedi code (no attachments, love is bad, etc.). The Jedi order always tries to stay above the day to day affairs of the rest of the Galaxy (or claims to while not actually doing so, re: clone wars), a grey Jedi recognizes that as being bullshit and self serving.

When I I heard that character's name, it sounded very much like Jolee Bindo (or at least his last name), I wonder if that was intentional, I assume it was.

The best "Neutral" Force users are the ones written in response to the cartoon extremes of the Light and Dark sides. They let authors use the franchise to discuss more nuanced questions about power, authority, and the human condition.

They suck when they're written as just a cartoonish "Both sides are bad, vote Third Party Grey" way.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Both sides are bad: vote Kreia.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    New Episode:
    -These pre-Yavin A-Wings jockeys are mooks
    -Never heard of the third defector. Oh, that's why...
    -Kinda wish the resolution involved them actually using their piloting skills to get away

Edit:
    -I wish our governors had such training
    -Kallus letting them go to settle debts muddies up predictions of his eventual defection. I read it as the groundwork for a double cross

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    New Episode:
    -These pre-Yavin A-Wings jockeys are mooks
    -Never heard of the third defector. Oh, that's why...
    -Kinda wish the resolution involved them actually using their piloting skills to get away

Edit:
    -I wish our governors had such training
    -Kallus letting them go to settle debts muddies up predictions of his eventual defection. I read it as the groundwork for a double cross

I had the same reaction to the third defector.
    Wedge, yup know him.
    Hobbie? Name's familar.
    Reddy McRedShirt who's never been mentioned anywhere? He's gonna die to prove the Empire's serious.

• Options
    All I could think the entire episode was that
    "this seems like a lot of work for three two pilots." I mean, yeah they are big names in universe, but not at that point. The rebellion was in dire straights for pilots, and that just seemed like a lot of resources to devote to getting two pilot trainees.

I know I'm over thinking it. I should just be glad we got a Sabine episode where we got to see how awesome she is and a callback to her once being an empire recruit.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    "this seems like a lot of work for three two pilots." I mean, yeah they are big names in universe, but not at that point. The rebellion was in dire straights for pilots, and that just seemed like a lot of resources to devote to getting two pilot trainees.

I know I'm over thinking it. I should just be glad we got a Sabine episode where we got to see how awesome she is and a callback to her once being an empire recruit.

Especially when the galaxy just had a massive war less than a generation ago. Even if most of the fighting was done by clones, there shouldn't be any shortage of experienced pilots bouncing around.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

The above has a reason why it was worth the effort.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Especially when the galaxy just had a massive war less than a generation ago. Even if most of the fighting was done by clones, there shouldn't be any shortage of experienced pilots bouncing around.

They keep getting put in A-wings and dying. :sad:

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    It's more that this particular Rebel cell has a pretty bad fleet. They've been building for a while now that this is the reason the Yavin base had only two squadrons worth of fighters to throw at the Death Star, it was just Dodonna's rebel cell. It helps put Endor into context where it was the first time the ENTIRE Rebel fleet gathered for an "all in" strike.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I kinda wish they'd ditch the uniforms and armor the generic rebel ship crew guys have and give them the blue shirts, black vests, and white helmets from ANH.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I kinda wish they'd ditch the uniforms and armor the generic rebel ship crew guys have and give them the blue shirts, black vests, and white helmets from ANH.

Or just be honest with themselves and put them all in red shirts. Particularly the A-wing pilots.

• Options
    To be fair, none of their A-wing pilots have names.
    If they had names, they might survive for more than a single mission.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Lt Dicer.

But we got to see TIE Interceptors! Yay!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Or just be honest with themselves and put them all in red shirts. Particularly the A-wing pilots.

Personally I am kind of glad they are chewing through the a-wings. It shows that the empire actually is a credible threat and there is a reason they held sway for so long. It gives more weight to the heroes deeds/skills. Now if the stormtroopers weren't still such smucks all the time.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh, hey. We might settle the Klivan/Klivian debate once and for all!

Diplominator on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Oh of course
    black pilot dies

• Options
    Oh of course
    black pilot dies
    To be fair, the white A-Wing mook died first in the episode.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Turkson wrote: »

Lt Dicer.

But we got to see TIE Interceptors! Yay!

Sure, Dicer was named, but I don't think that that was her first mission.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    On Fulcrum identity;
    So is the Fulcrum agent who tells them about the potential recruits, Kallus?

e:
    Also after having watched the episode in full;
    Man, that was a terrible, terrible plan. Why did the cr-90 not shoot at the interceptors? Were they expecting there to be no base defenses when they jumped in their capital ship?

Morkath on
  • Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    On Fulcrum identity;

e:
    Man, that was a terrible, terrible plan. Why did the cr-90 not shoot at the interceptors? Were they expecting there to be no base defenses when they jumped in their capital ship?
    Re: Fulcrum
    Seems unlikely. I mean, he made it pretty clear that he now considered his debt to Zeb paid.
    While I don't think the full redemption and escaping to join up with the rebellion after they commit some further atrocity is off the table, at the moment he seems like he's sticking with the Empire for now. But I don't think he'd be regularly leaking information to the rebellion, and not try to bum a ride on the way out.

Just saying, any Rebel sympathizers left at that academy are going to find things getting really hot for them now.

• Options
    On Fulcrum identity;

e:
    Seems unlikely. I mean, he made it pretty clear that he now considered his debt to Zeb paid.
    While I don't think the full redemption and escaping to join up with the rebellion after they commit some further atrocity is off the table, at the moment he seems like he's sticking with the Empire for now. But I don't think he'd be regularly leaking information to the rebellion, and not try to bum a ride on the way out.

Just saying, any Rebel sympathizers left at that academy are going to find things getting really hot for them now.
    While I don't necessarily think he is going to join the rebellion, I could see him feeding them information in order to undermine the woman who got put in charge of him/is demeaning him constantly / is not a particularly good person. He is shown to be somewhat honorable, so he might be trying to assert some control over what the Empire is becoming, in what way he can.

They escape, she gets blamed for not stopping them. Since they got caught, he had to get more personally involved, and it let him settle his debt with Zeb.

It would also explain how they got the information of there being students trying to escape.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Did the Imperial Officer/Governor woman Sabine fought and escaped from imply she was also a Mandalorian?

• Options
    On Fulcrum identity;

e:

While I don't necessarily think he is going to join the rebellion, I could see him feeding them information in order to undermine the woman who got put in charge of him/is demeaning him constantly / is not a particularly good person. He is shown to be somewhat honorable, so he might be trying to assert some control over what the Empire is becoming, in what way he can.

They escape, she gets blamed for not stopping them. Since they got caught, he had to get more personally involved, and it let him settle his debt with Zeb.

It would also explain how they got the information of there being students trying to escape.
    That Kallus mentioned that he did not find any trace of the defectors stood out to me. Also, it sets up the possibility of Kallus knowingly or unknowingly feeding the Lothal Cell information for a trap set by Thrawn.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Did the Imperial Officer/Governor woman Sabine fought and escaped from imply she was also a Mandalorian?
    She is from Lothal, so unlikely.

That line was a bit odd though, I took it more as she has tortured them for information before.

Morkath on
  • Options
    New Episode:
    Thrawn <3

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    That was a good episode. Really respect Thrawn.

• Options
    Yeah;
    Glad they are keeping to Thrawn's appreciation of art/using it to study his opponents. Also him being polite even to his enemies, it's nice having a "villain" who isn't a caricature of evil.

I think I am doubling down that the series ends with him chasing them to the outer rim, and thats why none of them are around for the OT.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    It seems to me that villain compliance is directly proportional to the number of pens they carry.

• Options
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    It seems to me that villain compliance is directly proportional to the number of pens they carry.

And the amount of starburst.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

nah. That inept Captain had a bunch of starbursts, but only one pen. Trawn had four pens on him.

• Options

nah. That inept Captain had a bunch of starbursts, but only one pen. Trawn had four pens on him.

He only had half the starbursts, and half were disgusting cherry!

No wonder he was angry all the time. If half my emergency candy supply was cough syrup cherry I would be abrupt with everyone too!
    Man, starwars has the worst rank insignias.

• Options
    Orange and Cherry are the best.

Pink is okay.

Yellow is trash.

Man, I just realized its been for ever since I had a Starburst.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Latest episode
    I just like that Thrawn excused himself so he could observe an experiment, and the experiment ended up being that he wanted to watch how the rebels escaped. Basically just a setting the captain that he knew was inept up to fail.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Were the Imperial forces' marksmanship somehow even worse this episode? The rebels were seemingly having a casual chat about what to do on their neat mount creatures out in the open while blaster fire whizzed by like background noise. What the hell were the walkers aiming at?

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Were the Imperial forces' marksmanship somehow even worse this episode? The rebels were seemingly having a casual chat about what to do on their neat mount creatures out in the open while blaster fire whizzed by like background noise. What the hell were the walkers aiming at?

aim???

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy" is the trope namer for a reason.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Kana wrote: »

aim???

Why couldn't the scout bikes go faster than the walker or transport? Let alone the legged animals.
    Why did they fire a rocket at the rocks to block them for 10s, rather than just blowing up the walker.
    Why did the scout trooper try to take out all of the rebels/their spaceship by himself.

Yeah, it wasn't a particularly enthralling episode outside of the thrawn stuff.

e:
    Damnit WoW, Thrawn, not Thrall.

Morkath on