As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars Rebels] Season 4: May the Fourth Be With Uth

• Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    God damn this episode was awesome.
    The Tie Defender! It's the Tie Defender!!! *Gleegasm*

Man I cannot emphasize enough how much I love Thrawn as the villain. Outside of Vader he already feels like the most formidable villain in the series.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    God damn this episode was awesome.
    The Tie Defender! It's the Tie Defender!!! *Gleegasm*

Man I cannot emphasize enough how much I love Thrawn as the villain. Outside of Vader he already feels like the most formidable villain in the series.

Competence is a hell of a drug.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Thrawn elevates it to the realm of a goddamn superpower.
    (And the audience loves him for it.)

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    "The Rebels are getting away with like ten old Y-wings!"
    "Let 'em go."
    "What? We have turbo lasers, we can shoot them!"
    "Nah. They're literally stealing junk, and by knowing they have these things, we can extrapolate what they're going to do next, and be ready to crush the fuck out of them. If we fight them here, we might actually take casualties."

• Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    The cathedral/Interstellar background music for Thrawn is sublime.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Curiously, it reminds me of two things: one, Davey Jones's music from the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels (because of the combination of glockenspiel/organ sounding a lot like music box/organ) and the Light of the Seven music from season 6 of Game of Thrones.

All of which is to say I listened to it even though I haven't even started to watch the season yet and I love it.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    A ship that looks like the Ghost aparently shows up in a TV clip for Rogue One.

Rogue-One-Rebels-615x242.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    A ship that looks like the Ghost aparently shows up in a TV clip for Rogue One.

Rogue-One-Rebels-615x242.jpg

Next to one of the hammerhead transports also introduced in Rebels that were taken off a design from Knights of the Old Republic.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The chronology for the current season of Rebels is still a few years before ANH (and Rogue One) right?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    The chronology for the current season of Rebels is still a few years before ANH (and Rogue One) right?

The first season was 5 years before ANH. Second season was around 4.

But this season they jumped an unknown period of time so we might be maybe 2 years out at most? Maybe less.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Latest episode:
    The Tie Defender project is totally a trap fake out by Taw, right? We know they don't show up in large numbers in the current canon and the last time a secret project came up with the orbital construction site at Geonosis

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Latest episode:
    The Tie Defender project is totally a trap fake out by Taw, right? We know they don't show up in large numbers in the current canon and the last time a secret project came up with the orbital construction site at Geonosis
    It's almost definitely a trap by Thrawn to draw the rebels into an all out strike against Lothal.
    That said, Thrawn doesn't seem like the kind of person to throw resources into developing an experimental super fighter just to fake out a single rebel cell, regardless of how effective they are. I mean, if you've got the designs and the manufacturing facility already set up as bait, why not build a handful of fighters while you're at it?

The question is, did the Defender come first then the idea to use it as bait for a trap, or did the trap come first and the Defender developed to bait it?

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Latest episode:
    It's almost definitely a trap by Thrawn to draw the rebels into an all out strike against Lothal.
    That said, Thrawn doesn't seem like the kind of person to throw resources into developing an experimental super fighter just to fake out a single rebel cell, regardless of how effective they are. I mean, if you've got the designs and the manufacturing facility already set up as bait, why not build a handful of fighters while you're at it?

The question is, did the Defender come first then the idea to use it as bait for a trap, or did the trap come first and the Defender developed to bait it?
    Honestly there's nothing stopping the Empire from building TIE Defenders except resources, and they have plenty of those. It's just, for the price of one Defender, you can probably crank out a hundred TIE Fighters.

Only one of those options fits with the Empire's military strategy codex, and it ain't putting a hundred eggs in one basket. No, the Empire puts a hundred eggs in a hundred baskets.

My guess is that the Rebels actually do inflict damage on the Defender project, but certainly don't stop it, but that's why Vader is driving a TIE Advanced in A New Hope, not a Defender.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    What ever happened to that death ray ship they got from that inventor?

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Latest episode:

Honestly there's nothing stopping the Empire from building TIE Defenders except resources, and they have plenty of those. It's just, for the price of one Defender, you can probably crank out a hundred TIE Fighters.

Only one of those options fits with the Empire's military strategy codex, and it ain't putting a hundred eggs in one basket. No, the Empire puts a hundred eggs in a hundred baskets.

My guess is that the Rebels actually do inflict damage on the Defender project, but certainly don't stop it, but that's why Vader is driving a TIE Advanced in A New Hope, not a Defender.

Until they build a giant Death Egg to put all their baskets in, anyway.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Latest episode:

Well, even then,they just build a second Death Egg two movies later.

Wouldn't it be a Death Basket though?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Latest episode:

Well, even then,they just build a second Death Egg two movies later.

Wouldn't it be a Death Basket though?

Death Basket of Deplorables.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    What ever happened to that death ray ship they got from that inventor?

It was sent to be redesigned to be more useful because the death ray was all well and good but when it can't hyperspace by itself it doesn't really work well.

So it becomes a B-Wing.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Saw the most recent episode

Thrawn is probably my favorite villain thus far in the show

Also
    Fuck yeah TIE Defender!!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Man, I thought bringing back Maul was dumb but he's been awesome every time I've seen him.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Watching this latest episode,
    I thought some serious stuff was about to go down. Thought Ezra was about to lose everyone close to him, even Maul. That would have been an interesting way to go I think.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Man, I thought bringing back Maul was dumb but he's been awesome every time I've seen him.

I had concerns when he popped back up in Clone Wars, and it took a while to refine him there, but he's been amazing in Rebels.

• Options
    If you put the cliff notes of the whole Maul arc and that of his brother to paper it sounds so dumb but it turned out so good.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Oh man.
    Latest episode.
    Sabine has the darksaber. I fucking love that thing, and it is absolutely perfect for her character growth.

They are knocking it out of the park every time they do a Clone Wars tribute episode, too. Surprised there wasn't a Ventress reference, though. Hearsay novel spoilers:
    Maul says that he is the last of Dathomir, and I guess the novels killed her off, but they also say that she was "laid to rest in the waters of her village," which, on Dathomir, could mean a lot of fucking things. I mean, if the Rebels team had wanted to, they could've had Kaanan and Ezra fight Zombie Ventress, and it would not be out of the bounds of possibility (she might even be the most intact Nightsister corpse remaining). My hope is that she re-animated in a less zombie way, though, and Rebels doesn't want to tip their hand yet. Like, she was killed with Dark Force Lightning; the Dark Force of her sisters is able to use it as a loophole to bring her back as an agent of their will, now that the altar is gone.

I mean, I'm probably dreaming, but having Ventress back (and the end of her story not being "dying FOR LOVE of a random Jedi who almost certainly ended up biting it at Order 66") would rule so hard. I still want Ahsoka and Ventress to open up a private investigator biz on Coruscant.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yeah I wish they'd bring Ventress back

She was in a pretty cool place by the time Clone Wars ended and it'd be really fun to see an older Ventress

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Tiny thing I like: They actually modifyed the back of their new transport to make it fit into the Ghost.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Maul being desperate in a "I'M NOT FUCKING LYING TO YOU!" way at the end was great. The veneer of civility peeled back, for a moment, to show not only his desperation for power (Ezra would be a pretty powerful ally), but his loneliness. He wants Ezra because, somewhere under all his Sithiness, he likes Ezra. I have this impression that he wants to be a big brother again.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I actually really wish
    that they hadn't made Maul villainous so quickly. I wish he'd changed a little more in his exile - that he had straight up joined the ghost crew as kind've a counterpoint to Kanaan, more of a subtler dark side mentor to Ezra.

But yeah, Maul's been cool and especially last episode. Unfortunately, he hasn't yet recognized that doing things his way is always going to bring more misery on him. And his brothers don't tend to last very long.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I actually really wish
    that they hadn't made Maul villainous so quickly. I wish he'd changed a little more in his exile - that he had straight up joined the ghost crew as kind've a counterpoint to Kanaan, more of a subtler dark side mentor to Ezra.

But yeah, Maul's been cool and especially last episode. Unfortunately, he hasn't yet recognized that doing things his way is always going to bring more misery on him. And his brothers don't tend to last very long.

So basically you want him to be
    Kreia? I actually would have really liked that, unfortunately the payoff would ultimately have had to been Ezra permanantly going to the dark side rather than just flirting with it for an episode.

• Options
    I thought Bendu was
    Kreia?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I thought Bendu was the Doctor

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I thought Bendu was the Doctor

Who?

• Options
    I thought Bendu was
    Kreia?
    I'm not really convinced he's evil. I think they really are just showing him as a grey

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I'm not really convinced he's evil. I think they really are just showing him as a grey
    [/quote]
    My suspicion is that he represents nature - the tooth and claw animal side of the Force. With Ezra's super strong connection to animals and tendency for caring and anger, I can see that fitting his character arc. It also opens up a future path that doesn't end with him dying.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I thought Bendu was
    Kreia?

Bah,
    Kreia isn't evil. She's opposed to the evil Jedi Order
    !

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Latest ep:
    So both their visions are about Obi-Wan? And while the rebels wonder where to start looking for a planet with 2 suns Maul knows exactly where to go because of the events in the Phantom Menace?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Latest ep:
    So both their visions are about Obi-Wan? And while the rebels wonder where to start looking for a planet with 2 suns Maul knows exactly where to go because of the events in the Phantom Menace?
    I'm thinking Ezra's vision was actually about Luke. But, since Obi and Luke are both on Tattooine they're getting their visions muddled.
    We don't know how many inhabitable planets there are with binary suns in Star Wars. I was under the impression that Tattooine was fairly unique in that regard.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Latest ep:
    I'm thinking Ezra's vision was actually about Luke. But, since Obi and Luke are both on Tattooine they're getting their visions muddled.
    We don't know how many inhabitable planets there are with binary suns in Star Wars. I was under the impression that Tattooine was fairly unique in that regard.
    Their reaction was that there are a lot more than just Tattooine. Maul knows though because he states a very specific line, "So it ends where it all began. A planet with two suns."

Though I am curious how they will play this. Old Ben at this point lives out towards the Dune Sea but he isn't exactly unknown by Luke and others in the area. And Maul isn't exactly subtle when he gets going.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Latest ep:
    Their reaction was that there are a lot more than just Tattooine. Maul knows though because he states a very specific line, "So it ends where it all began. A planet with two suns."

Though I am curious how they will play this. Old Ben at this point lives out towards the Dune Sea but he isn't exactly unknown by Luke and others in the area. And Maul isn't exactly subtle when he gets going.
    Maul vs Obi-Wan showdown?

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Latest ep:

Maul vs Obi-Wan showdown?
    Maul + Obi-Wan team-up!