As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to MOUTHFEEL an American [BEER]MOUTHFEEL

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    1jal9m4onc4l.jpg
    Geth roll 1d4 for Friday relaxation

Friday relaxation:
    1d4 2 [1d4=2]

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Picked up a 22 oz. Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout for $5. Felt like a steal. Not quite as good as the local coffee stout I get from The Brew Gentlemen, but pretty tasty all the same.

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    I followed up 2 with 1. Good stuff. Didn't even realize it was a ballast point collaboration when I got it.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Off to the neighborhood brewpub!

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Had to crack open one of the bottles of Amber Ale I brewed last week. Not too bad. Still a bit rough, but it is carbonated and totally drinkable. Not too bad for a first attempt and the beers are only going to get better the longer they sit for the next few weeks.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    That a pretty quick turn around on home brew.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    woops. Bottled last week!

Yea that would be a crazy turn around.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Night out at Dock Street with @Dex Dynamo‌ was awesome. I had a Rye IPA, which is one of their standards and always good. And finally got to try their Prince Myshkin Russian Imperial Stout which was absolutely lovely.

Dex also had their cranberry kolsch. It was a good lower abv beer, just slightly tart and fruity. Definitely hope they have it during the summer.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Newcastle Scotch Ale?

Does that taste like an American or United Kingdom scotch ale?

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Newcastle Scotch Ale?

I'll let you know tonight

edit: wait, I don't know the difference between the 2.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Newcastle Scotch Ale?

I'll let you know tonight

edit: wait, I don't know the difference between the 2.

Hmm. the American scotch ales/wee heavy/strong ales tend to have a more intense and thicker flavor than the British ones. Usually the American heavies are more aggressively hopped and sweeter.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm drinking that Atwater Vanilla Java Porter and it's good. Not a strong coffee flavor but the vanilla comes out strong. Pretty unique beer.

• Options
    I decided to have it with lunch. Based on your description, I'd say it's more on the US side of things.

Interestingly it's a collaboration beer as well. (With Caledonian brewery). The KCCO Black Lager is also a collaboration between Resignation and Red Hook. Unintentionally 3 of the 4 beers I bought yesterday are collaborations.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    *cue Ode to Joy*

3xee39ng3xs5.jpg

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    I didn't even know Sierra Nevada had a black IPA. Gotta find that.

I'm going in search of Hopslam tonight, but I fear it may already be too late.

Since it's brewed very close to where I live we get a lot of it and the store manager likes it so we got probably a pallet of Hopslam in and still have a ton of it. Lots of people go out with a case of it and I wish I could drop that much on 24 bottles of beer.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    *cue Ode to Joy*

3xee39ng3xs5.jpg

There's a local taproom with that same digital display and it's so cool. Although if I'm reading the blurry numbers right you have much better prices at yours.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    This is the day this place opens the doors to their cellar, but it's generally a 10oz or 20oz set of options.

As a public service announcement, four year old sour barleywine aged in Pappy Van Winkle bourbon barrels is the way to goddamn go.

The Judge on
  • Options
    yea local place here called the Bier Stein has one. It's fucking great.

There's another place called First National Tap House that the price of beer changes based on how popular it is. More its drank the more it costs, less drank the lower it goes. It's an interesting concept.

• Options
    Was at a work party. It was wine and bellinis. So now we're at the bottle bar. Had the JAWN which was tasty.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I drank that growler of Troegs Nugget Nectar over two nights. It was good.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Why are there so many IPAs out there. Just checking out the craft brew aisle today, one local brewery had 3!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Why are there so many IPAs out there. Just checking out the craft brew aisle today, one local brewery had 3!

3 IPAs? Amateurs.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Oh also I bottled my first batch yesterday, I had a dealiewhopper with a spring loaded valve attached to a rigid tube so all I had to do was push it in the bottom of the bottles and it filled right up. The displacement of the tube left yhe perfect amount of space at the top when I pulled it out.

Now comes the waiting.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Only 3? I'm pretty sure I could find 10 at any time.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I haven't had a drink in like a month.

Gonna try to hold out till payday.

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Had a Southern Tier Mokah Stout last night at a bar, goddamn it was fantastic. Also had a bottle of La Fin Du Monde which is easily one of my very favorite beers. I usually complain a lot about prices at bars but I didn't even mind that each bottle was about $9 because they were both so good (and also high proof).

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I will pay asinine amounts of money for a tasty craft beer

because I am bad at making sound financial decisions.

• Options
    My regular bartender rescued (literal street rescue) a super young puppy in the past week and she's running around the place and mixing it up with some other huge dogs and she's smaller than my cats and dear god my heart and this doppel aged in pinot is going to cause me to leave a super huge tip.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I love torpedo.

I foolishly bought a 12er of shitty assorted Mexican swill. Sol tecate dos ex lager and some seasonal dos ex nonsense. Sweet Christ this is some bad beer. Only cost five bucks tho

• Options
    Had a couple beers I never had. A Hop Dish and a Mr. Jerry's Baltic Porter.

I want to say both were delicious but I was eating spicy pizza and any beer is delicious with spicy pizza.

• Options
    Tried a new cider the other day, One Tree Hard Cider out of Spokane Valley. Specifically the Caramel Cinnamon variety. Tasted like apple pie, mmmmm.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Had a couple beers I never had. A Hop Dish and a Mr. Jerry's Baltic Porter.

I want to say both were delicious but I was eating spicy pizza and any beer is delicious with spicy pizza.

I would have sworn I had the greatest Scotch Ale in all of history when I was a a pizza joint in MT.

The same beer in a growler 6 months later without pizza was just OK.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    This week has been a good week in sampling beers from around the country. I picked up a sixer of Bell's Hopslam, and a case of Prarie's BOMB!

I had the stout after lunch and the IPA at dinner. Pretty much the best beer day in recent memory.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/17112/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/94350/

• Options
    Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose. Oh man, that's good! Best part is that Dex liked it, too. Love finding beers that we can split a six of.

• Options
    First batches of my friends beer and mine are ready to drink tonight. I'm excited beer thread!

• Options
    Popped open a bottle of my first batch after a week of sitting. Nice and fruity at first then very malty on the back end.

• Options
    Went beer shopping today.

Found a bottle of the Green Tea IPA from Stone!
    Also built my own sixer

Breakfast Stout
    Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro
    Old Chub Nitro
    Left Hand Sawtooth Ale Nitro

And 2 others I'm forgetting.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    My buddy and I just finished bottling our second batches of beer. He went with an IPA while I went with a pale ale. You could totally taste the difference between the two even before bottle conditioning.

Also our first batches were finally ready to drink this weekend, and they are fucking good. His needs another week or so to mellow, but mine has conditioned nicely.

also hallelujah for EZ cap 1 liter bottles. Makes bottling so easy. I got 12 EZ cap bottles then 11 regular 12oz bottles. EZ cap will stay home and I can share the regular 12oz ones. Perfect!

webguy20 on
  • Options
    Beer is a godsend when you need to carry a big ass bunk bed upstairs with an arm that's still technically broken

• Options
    Especially this green tea beer which breaks the 10% barrier

This discussion has been closed.