As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to MOUTHFEEL an American [BEER]MOUTHFEEL

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2015
    I've seen the light. I've been to heaven... I just drank New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red and I want to cry now.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Raijin, remember

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS AN UNCLE STEVE.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Like it might be the finest liquid I've ever consumed.

I would not call it the best BEER though because it really doesn't have any of the qualities you expect from a beer.

• Options
    Like it might be the finest liquid I've ever consumed.

I would not call it the best BEER though because it really doesn't have any of the qualities you expect from a beer.

We can all be rich and we can all play Nintendo.

• Options
    I also have 4 Jars of beer pickles in my fridge. I chronicled the experience and it will be on my blog.

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Why was I yelling Rick and Morty things at you, Raijin.

That Belgian Red sounds real good, though.

Edit: okay, apparently the secret to avoiding a hangover is to get on here and make a couple of drunk posts and then go to bed. I have no right to feel this good.

sarukun on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    O'Dell put out a sour pineapple beer.

I must have it.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    O'Dell put out a sour pineapple beer.

I must have it.

Is it a wide release at all?

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Pineapple is not my favorite, but funky sours are my jam.

I am scaroused.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I think so. I've heard rumors of it popping up in Texas so possibly.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I'll have to keep a sharp eye out for it.

• Options
    It's called Pina Agria.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I am sad. While drinking a beer, I mentioned my reaction to my wife, and her response was "that's an allergy, that's how stonefruit feel to me". After searching reactions and triggers: most likely I'm allergic to belgian and champagne yeasts.

God
    Damn
    It

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Think my basement was getting too cold to ferment this ale, foam had dropped and the airlock was barely bubbling less than 48 hours after brew day ( having good activity I the morning after brew). Gently raised the carboy off the ground and put a thick blanket around it. Area temps have been dropping over the past few days, and it seemed to be showing on the thermometer on the carboy, dropping down to around 66 from the 72 on Friday.

Pretty sure this basement is going to fare well for lagering.

morning edit: a little more activity on the surface and the airlock, temp still hanging around 66. I'm sure it just needs a little more time to get going again

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Drinking some of this stuff, as I was feeling wistful for Fall:

Elysian-Punkuccino-Coffee-Pumpkin-Ale.png

It's goddamn delicious and I'll definitely be picking up another round for Halloween. Plus the label art is probably my favorite I've ever seen on a beer bottle?

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    This weekend I had Deschutes Abyss 2010, and well, maybe oxidized Stout isn't as nice as oxidized Barleywine. I definitely think 1-3 years is the sweet spot for Abyss, getting to 5 and it loses a lot of complexitity and thins out.

• Options
    Think my basement was getting too cold to ferment this ale, foam had dropped and the airlock was barely bubbling less than 48 hours after brew day ( having good activity I the morning after brew). Gently raised the carboy off the ground and put a thick blanket around it. Area temps have been dropping over the past few days, and it seemed to be showing on the thermometer on the carboy, dropping down to around 66 from the 72 on Friday.

morning edit: a little more activity on the surface and the airlock, temp still hanging around 66. I'm sure it just needs a little more time to get going again

alright, it's been 1 week. Checked the gravity and it appears that the yeast had been hard at work (albeit without much in the way of visible activity, foam never reformed, airlock hasn't been bubbling). Another week of sitting and waiting, hopefully let the flavor develop a little more and make it taste a little better than "first time brewing a beer" beer.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

alright, it's been 1 week. Checked the gravity and it appears that the yeast had been hard at work (albeit without much in the way of visible activity, foam never reformed, airlock hasn't been bubbling). Another week of sitting and waiting, hopefully let the flavor develop a little more and make it taste a little better than "first time brewing a beer" beer.

Airlock sealing tight?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    It's all about a secure as it gets, but the universal carboy cap seems to not get great reviews for its ability to seal.

• Options
    schuss wrote: »
    I am sad. While drinking a beer, I mentioned my reaction to my wife, and her response was "that's an allergy, that's how stonefruit feel to me". After searching reactions and triggers: most likely I'm allergic to belgian and champagne yeasts.

God
    Damn
    It

I would cry.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I think so. I've heard rumors of it popping up in Texas so possibly.

It's for sure here in Austin

Haven't gotten it yet due to my fruit beer wariness

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    A friend was in NYC for the weekend, and he was blowing up my phone about Brooklyn Brewing's "Blast" DIPA.
    I told him, "Well I can get Brooklyn in Rhode Island, but you know...I've never bought it. The label is boring."

Well I got me some Brooklyn Blast yesterday and he's right. This is phenomenal beer. Big mango smell up top. It's a bit yeasty on the back end, but that's working for me.
    Guess I'll have to see what other Brooklyn brews are in stock in my store, I think I've seen some bombers on the shelf.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Brooklyn Brewing Sorachi Ace is also very nice. It's pretty hard to find even in Upstate NY (where I shop for beer anyways) and rather expensive for four beer. It's around $12 per 4 here.

I had a Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA recently, and as someone who's isn't a big fan of IPA's it was actually pretty good. I find most IPA's too biter but the Hop Hunter was far more floral, citrusy, and not nearly as bitter as I would have expected.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Drinking some sort of pineapple beer at PNC stadium
    River walk? River town?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Picked up some Good Head which is apparently an AUS beer, but the ones sold in the US are brewed in Memphis. Not bad for a $3.50 4-pack of pint cans.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Pious Monk Dunkel is very good

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I brewed today with a friend! It was fun and I scienced the SHIT out of it!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

God
    Damn
    It

I would cry.

I'm close. Thankfully it doesn't kill me, so I just need to stick to 1 a night.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Fresh Hop Season is upon us!

2015 NA Commercial Hop Production
    Washington - 32,205 acres (70.8%)
    Oregon - 6,807 acres (15%)
    Idaho - 4,975 acres (10.9%)
    Other States - 1,244 acres (2.7%)
    Canada - 257 acres (0.6%)

It's still remarkable to me that the PNW is responsible for ninety-seven percent of domestic hop production.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    And consumption!

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    At the Troc for Ghostbusters. They ran out of cans of yuengling so the free beer is bud light.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    They didn't import some Necto Cooler?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    They didn't import some Necto Cooler?

Ugh! That brewery is incredible and only a 20 minute train ride away from me. So of course I didn't find out about this until the day after it was tapped/kicked.

Was so mad.

• Options
    Those Rochefort 8's were fucking aces, by the way. Super heavy, but I only drank one at a time and the bottle isn't humongous so it turned out okay.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Drinking a Fresh Hop IPA from Two Beers right now and godDAMN do I love this time of year.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Just got my list of breweries I'll be volunteering for at GABF.

Colorado and Texas beer.

I feel like that scene with Robert the Bruce in Braveheart;

"Unite us. Unite the clans."

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I don't think I steeped my grains long enough (properly maybe? I added them once temp was hit, didn't have them in the water while the water was heating up), but my first batch of homebrew looks like it's nearly ready to bottle (gotta test again to make sure the gravity is constant). Taste is decent, but leaves a lot of room for improvement.
    Tempted to add some flavor extract to it when I bottle, just to bring a little bit more to it. Little worried that it will give a forced fake taste to it though, would rather avoid that.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    If somebody offers you a Magic Hat Electric Peel IPA, punch them. It is an awful beer that hurts the soul.

On a more positive note the local tap house has 8 oz pours of Dragon's Milk for $4.

• Options
    That's a shame, their Dream Machine IPL is pretty delicious

This discussion has been closed.