As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM Sale: CHRISTMAS SALE HAS BEGUN!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Tube wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    The Crew looks really interesting just as a driving around America sim. I'm probably going to buy it for that, I couldn't give a fuck about racing.

based on that drawing of america

sim may not be the right word

Sim lite. I don't expect (and wouldn't want) every road to be mapped, but being able to drive from a fairly accurate version of Vegas to a fairly accurate version of LA sounds really cool.

Shit I might go and buy The Crew.

if you're willing to settle for driving from a completely inaccurate version of vegas to a completely inaccurate version of LA

GTA: San Andreas is like $10 now

Brolo on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I played the beta

Driving across the country is pretty neat

But it is not $60 neat

That's the sale-iest sale game there ever sailed

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Hearts of Iron 4 is looking really great.

I think I am going to try to get into it right from release and have it be the first Paradox game I really learn. It will be tough for me because of the whole real time element but being the most modern it will probably be the easiest to learn on.

You aren't done until you've played coverted games starting from 769 in CK2 Charlemange, through EU4, then Victoria 2, then finally Hearts of Iron.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Arang wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    ahhhhhh new Total War game available for pre-order.

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I feel under-informed on Attila. It's just Barbarian Invasion for Rome 2, sold as a separate game, right? There's no new engine or anything?

It's the Napoleon: Total War to Rome 2's Empire.

oh

I might need to take back some of my excitement then. :(

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I feel under-informed on Attila. It's just Barbarian Invasion for Rome 2, sold as a separate game, right? There's no new engine or anything?

oh

Huh, I thought N:TW did a lot of things better than Empire did!

They also have the focus on a historical person in common.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

oh it's the fake account

seriously though, i wasn't sure about that post either until i saw the name

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Medieval II also shared the same engine and many gameplay elements with Rome and it is probably one of the finest entries in the series, together with Shogun 2.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Good year for driving games huh

Forza Horizon 2 reviewed pretty well.

That's...........abut it.

Mario Kart 8.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    @Tube did you try Fuel at any point? Some people on RPS are all about it as a driving-across-semi-America game, saying that while racing is pretty boring it's an incredible map to traverse.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Can't say I'm really surprised coming from a Japanese company though. New version releases are almost always full price over there.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Everyone stop what you're doing!

Pro Cycling Manager is on sale.

OK, now resume what you were doing.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The big sale starts tomorroooooooow

e: in other news, the Jurassic World trailer looks bad

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

I mean they are putting a lot of money and work into it. I'm sure it will be more than just a visual upgrade as well. The Sleeping Dogs re-release was also sold separately. Don't see much wrong with that.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    el_vicio wrote: »
    The big sale starts tomorroooooooow

Dang, really?

Come ooooon, Evil Within. Those console versions are jank, so it's up to Steam to set a PC deal.

• Options
    Well the fall sale, which lasts about a week. The serious xmas sale is of course also happening

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh

Then again I was not a big fan of Empire at all, so that may be colouring my opinion a lot.

• Options
    Artreus wrote: »

I mean they are putting a lot of money and work into it. I'm sure it will be more than just a visual upgrade as well. The Sleeping Dogs re-release was also sold separately. Don't see much wrong with that.

How notable an upgrade was the Sleeping Dogs re-release compared to the original PC version?

• Options

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh

Then again I was not a big fan of Empire at all, so that may be colouring my opinion a lot.

Empire really let me down, especially considering what a great time period they were covering in terms of military strategy and tactics.

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular

Why didn't you like Empire? No unique generals?

Attila has both the Western and Eastern Empires, and apparently it's supposed to be more of a defensive game- there are a million barbarians coming at you from the east, and you need to pick which towns to defend and which ones to let die. They also put in the family tree from the first Rome and the skills tree from Shogun, and armies attacking towns will now burn buildings and kill on-map civilians. And there are barricades and crossbows as well.

My computer sucks, so it'll definitely be something to buy when I can afford to upgrade it.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »

How notable an upgrade was the Sleeping Dogs re-release compared to the original PC version?

It was a game of the year release, so it had all the DLC included. It already looked really good though. It just looked a bit better in some ways. They took down some of the neon bloom, which bummed me out a bit since I like all the neon craziness

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    What killed Empire for me was what has killed most Total War games for me: The AI.

It's just... so bad.

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Having a birthday in the middle of a Steam Sale, and actually landing on Cyber Monday means I may blow all of my money buying gifts for myself.

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Oh godamnit I didn't realize Tales From The Borderlands released today.

ffffuuuuuu

• Options
    Hm, I don't know, after completing TWD season two, I'm a bit cautious about Telltale games, they dialed back the actual game/interaction part a whole lot, It felt like I was pressing the "next" button on a remote a lot of the time
    I liked the story and characters, etc, but still

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Hm, I don't know, after completing TWD season two, I'm a bit cautious about Telltale games, they dialed back the actual game/interaction part a whole lot, It felt like I was pressing the "next" button on a remote a lot of the time
    I liked the story and characters, etc, but still

Wolf Among Us is significantly better than Walking Dead Season 2

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Regarding gameplay or overall? That's actually why I hesitated when Wolf was on sale last time

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Both

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Hm!
    Noted

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Wolf Among Us might be better than Walking Dead Season 1

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    First 20 minutes more or less of Tales From The Borderlands here if anyone's still on the fence about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfO5oI4MqWg

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    @Tube did you try Fuel at any point? Some people on RPS are all about it as a driving-across-semi-America game, saying that while racing is pretty boring it's an incredible map to traverse.

I didn't know it was a real map, I'll check it out, thanks!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Wolf Among Us might be better than Walking Dead Season 1

It is

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The relentless pessimism and bullshit "decisions"'in wd1 just made me exhausted

• Options

Why didn't you like Empire?

I think it was just everything.

There was kind of nothing about it that grabbed me and made me interested in playing it or trying to understand the mechanics better in the way Rome 2 did.

I have more than twice as much time in Rome 2 as I got out of Empire, and nearly 20 times as much time in Rome 2 as I got out of Napoleon. Honestly the only thing stopping me from playing Rome 2 even more is that there is really no customisation of the map, so I get a bit bored of that.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    The relentless pessimism and bullshit "decisions"'in wd1 just made me exhausted

The Fables world isn't fun and games either as I understand it
    (also I do enjoy tales of despair without end)

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Wolf Among Us is a noir, which is totally different from the "everything is fucked and everybody is horrible" ethos of TWD

This discussion has been closed.