As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii U - THIS THREAD IS DOOMED! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I grabbed a link but the best buy and gamestop I checked had no idea about Marth. Anyone know where to look?

It looks like Marth is one of the most hard to find, since it's the only one that even Amazon doesn't have in stock.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The one I want most is Zelda and her Amiibo isn't out until the end of the year. :(

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    8 player smash is bonkers bananas. And I am terrible at the game.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'd really like to see a Little Mac-only Amiibo tournament where everyone brings their best trained LM Amiibos and sets them against each other, with no human players, to find out who's the best Doc Louis of them all!

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    DaDroodDaDrood Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    So playing a bit more of Watch Dogs and it's actually rather good. It's not super omg best game ever (like the hype suggested of course) but it's a nice amalgamation of Assassins Creed and Splinter Cell with some neat concepts. My only complaint so far is that I wish they'd thrown more stuff on the GamePad but I understand they (the dev team) probably weren't given a big budget to add lots of stuff like that. I'm guessing they dumped all of their resources into the PS4 version when public opinion went a bit south last year.

It's a bit odd to walk around places I've been though. I used to spend a lot of time in Chicago and now it's a bit surreal at times to run around in the game. Oh, I guess I do have another complaint that goes in line with that: There are no street names or signs. It would help me have more points of reference and I could probably find my way around some places without even needing to look at the map.

Yeah, the word on the port is that it's actually quite good.

I guess the port is pretty good. It is a pretty impressive game in terms of open world settings. I like all the small useless things like getting on the train and do some sightseeing. Little immersive additions such as finding shelter at bus stops in the pouring rain, where you hear the raindrops on the plastic roof etc.
    There is a lot to do, maybe even too much. I really dislike the driving however. Fps issues and control issues make for a non ideal driving mode. Main problem is the interacting with the world whilst driving.
    Story is ok so far, but Aiden is as dull as it gets. Please let me create my own blank character in wd2.
    I kinda bought it to prove Ubi wrong. WiiU owners are willing to buy 3d party games, despite Ubi's attempts to make it bomb hard (pitting it against Smash, delaying by >6 months, no ads, restricteddlc, weird tweets by Guillemot about nintendo gamer's not buying 'mature' games etc.)

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    They really sent that Watch_Dogs port out to die.

Speaking of Ubi Plz tho - did the Wii U version of Rayman Legends get some exclusive content? I played that to death on the PS4 (it's actually one of my longest played titles due to one particularly long term trophy) but I wouldn't be averse to picking it up on Wii U too - one of my favourite recent platformers, and I think I remember folks talking about Murphy levels? They mighta been a Vita thing tho, now that I think about it...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Vita and WiiU. They're not really worth buying it again for though (as someone who played through in entirely on the Vita). I -think- you still got the levels on PS4, you just controlled the character instead of Murphy.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    They really sent that Watch_Dogs port out to die.

Speaking of Ubi Plz tho - did the Wii U version of Rayman Legends get some exclusive content? I played that to death on the PS4 (it's actually one of my longest played titles due to one particularly long term trophy) but I wouldn't be averse to picking it up on Wii U too - one of my favourite recent platformers, and I think I remember folks talking about Murphy levels? They mighta been a Vita thing tho, now that I think about it...

There were exclusive Mario and Luigi costumes.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I just can't justify picking up any Amiibos, and I know I'm going to regret it later

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm a sucker for these. Like my kart outfit, too.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
      There's an exclusive asymmetrical multiplayer mode in Rayman Legends.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
      UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
      Played with my Donkey Kong Amiibo at a friend's house. Gave him black fur, named him Dong.

With three people playing along with him, it probably took 2 hours or less to get him to level 40, I think I'm ok with that. It means it'll be easy to level up a lot of them if you want. He was getting really smart and tough by the end of the night.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • Options
      McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
      I want a Diddy amiibo I will name Lil Buddy and play with as DK.

• Options
      SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
      Grabbed a Marth from target and a Link from Best Buy. They are pretty cool. Marth was one of two left and Best Buy and Gamestop apparently have none for miles. So that's a little weird. My buddy is the one who owns the Wii U, so I transferred my 3DS Mii to it and synced my guys to that. When the N3DS comes out, are we going to be able to use these in smash or what?

• Options
      KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
      edited November 2014
      Does anyone else with an external drive find their Wii U slows down while downloading? Specifically navigating menus and opening games.

Games seem to run fine if they are on the HDD, but just while downloading it brings the rest of the system to a crawl.

(Note: I'm using a 2TB WD My Book, which seemed to be recommended by Nintendo.)

(Note 2: Same behaviour with a different drive we had in the house. So either it's standard behaviour, or my unit, or a USB port on my unit.)

Kriegaffe on
    • Options
      SniperGuy wrote: »
      Grabbed a Marth from target and a Link from Best Buy. They are pretty cool. Marth was one of two left and Best Buy and Gamestop apparently have none for miles. So that's a little weird. My buddy is the one who owns the Wii U, so I transferred my 3DS Mii to it and synced my guys to that. When the N3DS comes out, are we going to be able to use these in smash or what?

Yeah, there will eventually be a patch for the 3DS version of Smash and an Amiibo adapter for old 3DSs.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • Options
      WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
      Damn it all. I was going to wait a couple of days to order a controller adapter because Best Buy didn't have shipping and I didn't want to drive down and pick it up until next weekend, but now they're sold out absolutely everywhere. I wonder how long it will take before Nintendo makes more of these things...

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    • Options
      GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
      I named my Samus amiibo "AranNation".....

I thought of IronMaiden later but it's TOO LATE

• Options
      UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
      No it's not

You can rename your amiibo

My amiibo names are as follows:

Peach - FireFlower
      Wii Fit Trainer - Deep Burn
      Pikachu - LightMouse

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      You can change it.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
        I wish I could come up with such creative names. I guess I better get thinkin'.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
      • Options
        EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
        Is there room to name a Shulk Amiibo Shulk Hogan?

• Options
        GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
        Well I know you can change it but AranNation kinda stuck

• Options
        Enlong wrote: »
        Is there room to name a Shulk Amiibo Shulk Hogan?

ShulkHogan

10 characters is the max

• Options
        urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

My Link is Link.

I'm literally the most creative person in the world. My mom said so.

• Options
        IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
        So I told my wife to pick up Smash Bros and she didn't realize I was going to surprise the kids with it next week while we were all off. So of course they got all excited when they saw it so we opened it and we just spent the last 2 hours playing... I barely know how to play but it is tons of fun... My 6yo was rocking Rosalina most of time and won her share of matches.

I really want to crack open some of the Amiibo for it. Might have to pick up a couple more for stockings and then pick two to open now.

steam_sig.png
        Nintendo ID: Incindium
        PSN: IncindiumX
      • Options
        InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
        urahonky wrote: »

My Link is Link.

I also just nicknamed my Amiibos with their character names. I figured I could rename them later on if I think of anything I like. Or I'll just be lazy and leave them as is.

• Options
        The only names I am proud of:

Villager - KILLager

Pikachu - Thnikkamon (with kudos to people who get that)

The rest:

Donkey Kong - Dong (or if I decide to stop being an immature 10 year old, DankeyKang, which is only slightly less immature)

Link - Lonk

Marth - Marf

Fox - Focks

• Options
        I only named my Peach FireFlower because she has her fire flower dress from 3D World

Bummer she doesn't have the ponytail to match it, but I'm still glad that got put in

• Options
        emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
        Pikachu - Thnikkamon (with kudos to people who get that)

tumblr_m034lqzDi31qj0ncd.png

• Options
        AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
        Whenever the announcer says "Duck Hunt" my brain hears "Da Cunt"

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
      • Options
        RehabRehab Registered User regular
        urahonky wrote: »

My Link is Link.

If I had a Link amiibo I would probably name him "fagballs" for any Zero Punctuation fans out there.

But I'm pretty happy to not care about amiibo at all so far because it looks like a huge money sink.

NNID: Rehab0
      • Options
        HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
        edited November 2014
        whelp
        858hv7i4foxs.jpg
        Shopper's Drug Mart has this bundle on sale for $250 (Canadian for those confused) this weekend as some sort of pre-holiday sale to I assume get numbers up. I couldn't resist....

One nice thing, 3D Mario World has some sort of I guess Massive System Update on the disc, the box came with a warning insert that said DO THIS FIRST BEFORE CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET!

edit - oh ffs, there is a system update post whatever shipped on that disc, ETA is apparently 45 minutes?! what the fuck

Hardtarget on
        steam_sig.png
        kHDRsTc.png
      • Options
        The disc has the initial massive updates but there's an additional update for the Quick Start Menu and Amiibo support.

• Options
        I just can't fathom that this "smaller" update is still taking 45 minutes.

insane

steam_sig.png
        kHDRsTc.png
      • Options
        It didn't take that long for me. Might be your router/a bad signal/interaction. Or more likely the network is getting hammered because of Smash Bros.

• Options
        Other Dumb Things!

Wii U supports Wireless N but only at 2.4ghz, not at 5ghz. INSANE! I run 2 dedicated networks in my house, G at 2.4 for old devices, and N at 5 for y'know.. modern things. uuugh why so cheap with your wifi chipset Nintendo!

steam_sig.png
        kHDRsTc.png
      • Options
        Pretty sure the GamePad uses the 5ghz band.

• Options
        huh, well at least they have a reason then.

steam_sig.png
        kHDRsTc.png
      • Options
        DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
        I plug my internet in with a wire!

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
        *TyCart*_banner.jpg