As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thornwatch

evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
I had the opportunity to play at PAX AUS and had a great time. Is there a thread anywhere dedicated to Thornwatch discussion?

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”

• CrackerAxeCrackerAxe Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I asked the same question a few days ago. It is truly an amazing game,fun easy to pick up, really impressed. I had one or two additional things I wanted to add to the feedback sheet that I did not think of till afterwards and so was looking for somewhere to post that.

• evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    I guess if there isn't an official area for Thornwatch discussion, we can always start an unofficial one here. I was pretty rushed on my feedback form and I'd love to dedicate some time giving more of a blow by blow account of my experience.

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • CrackerAxeCrackerAxe Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I did a bit of a search and found this, http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/30678652#Comment_30678652 as a method for providing feedback.

My only concern is unintentionally releasing information that they are not yet ready to spread, so I'm left feeling conflicted.

I know what you mean CrackerAxe. Thanks for the link btw :)

Pinny Pals Profile

• calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    Hi! I'm glad the game stuck with you and you are still thinking about it. You can email additional feedback to [email protected]! I'll start an OFFICIAL Thornwatch thread right now :)

Ahh awesome. Thanks Jamie. I made a twitter account so I could post some Thornwatch fan art at the @playthornwatch account. Not sure if it came through. Inexperienced twitter user :s

Pinny Pals Profile

• sennohkisennohki Hobart, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I sat in on the panel and playtest at AUS, and I cannot wait for this game.

as I wait for this year's PAX AUS, I'm hoping the game will be out by then, so that I can have a signed copy!

edit: after I posted this, I realised the whole point was to kind of get an idea of how the project is progressing.

Jamie!!! reassure me that the game will be available this year!

sennohki on
  • El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Awesome, a place to discuss Thornwatch!

I'm looking forward to hearing tales of Thornwatch at PAX South. I heard rumours that there would be playable boxes of Thornwatch in the Tabletop area for people to rent out and playtest for themselves.
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    I'll start an OFFICIAL Thornwatch thread right now :)

Is this the official thread? Are we officiating right now?

Honestly, I'm not sure a specific place has been created as of yet :s

Pinny Pals Profile

btw, I have done the math, and for AEDT, the thornwatch panel at south is on at 11am saturday.
    I expect a possibility of it being on twitch

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be keeping a close eye on twitch for the PAX content ;)

Pinny Pals Profile

now I'm just disappointed.. there's only one stream for south, and no thornwatch panel on that list.

Well, darn it. I don't think there was any recording of the panel from PAX Australia either. A shame really, because there was a great performance by yours truly.

Pinny Pals Profile

were you one of the cosplayer's in that panel?

Yes, I was the sage. My friends were cosplaying as The Guard, Lookouts Leader and Daughter of the Eyrewood :)

Pinny Pals Profile

• Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    @PA Jamie Jim the tree and the dance off with the witch...forever "ingrained" on my mind...Can NOT wait for this game to be released >.<!
    It was an honor playing a game ran by you Jamie : ))

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
    @Manic2k One of my favorite groups - so much laughter, even in a pretty serious encounter!

• KwaizyKwaizy PAX AUS Enforcer Manager CanberraRegistered User regular
    El_Funko wrote: »

Is this the official thread? Are we officiating right now?

@PA Jamie seems pretty active here, I'd say it could just be! ^_^

I know I'm looking forward to PAX South tales and soon PAX East tales!

Say it with flowers, Send a Triffid.
    Sanity is a slippery slope, and I'm wearing Teflon shoes.
    edited February 2015
    @PA Jamie Jamie how's the project going?

release before PAXAus, right? right?

sennohki on
    It's official until there's a more official one :P

@sennohki uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

zq3fgvmfs657.jpg

Some Thornwatch fan art :)

Pinny Pals Profile

PA Jamie wrote: »
    @sennohki uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NOOOOO!!!!!

• euichoeuicho MaineRegistered User regular
    @PA Jamie Will there be another play-test at PAX East 2015 like there was last year?

Pinny Pal Profile | PAX East '10,-'15
    @euicho - I think the latest comic covers the topic pretty well ;)

Pinny Pals Profile

so, in the aus panel, and in the Q&A at east, there was spoiled that the thornwatch were ghosts.. has this been stated anywhere in lore?

They do mention it at the end of the Thornwatch podcast as well. Not sure whether it has been confirmed through any written material but with the new playtest, it is possible.

Has anyone had a chance to test out the new Thornwatch experience at PAX East? How has/does it compare with your previous experiences of Thornwatch?

Pinny Pals Profile

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    So according to the picture Gabe tweeted I guess I was in the first unguided play test of Thornwatch. It was my first time playing and we had to play entirely off of the rule book, which definitely wasn't perfect. Certain things, like crits and knockdowns (prone? forget what it was called since we didn't play with it) were totally removed from the game so I'm not sure how much of the true experience we got but from what I played I absolutely loved. We found out after the game from Gabe that we had fucked some of the rules up but he graciously took our notes on the game. I've got to say the game was awesome and though I was excited before, I'm really freaking pumped for the game now.

- I'm the dude smiling like an idiot in the yellow shirt to the left.

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Have we heard anything yet about Thornwatch at PAX Prime?

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Tasty WafflesTasty Waffles Registered User regular
    Has anybody gotten any of the newsletters for Thornwatch? I haven't seen any for a long time now. Is there any kind of new information about what's been going on with Thornwatch?

There has not been any new information to my knowledge. I don't think the sign up on the website has provided much in the way of additional information as the content is usually posted on the PA site. I suspect that they are keeping their cards close to the chest in the lead up to some big news/development on retail release of the game. It has been said that they will likely crowd fund.

Pinny Pals Profile

With all of these exciting PA projects such as the Automata KS and Nightlight, I decided that there hasn't been enough Thornwatch love. Time to make fanart!

Not sure where this character fits into the canon, but it is based on a sketch from one of Gabe's posts. I imagine that the creature is a corrupted tree spirit, that lures young children into the forest to devour them; The small skulls that gently sway from its branches, grim tokens of this dark practice.

l9d8w6924a1f.jpg

Pinny Pals Profile

Anyone planning on making it to the Thornwatch panel on Sunday for PAX Prime?

Yes, certainly. Still no official word on what is happening with Thornwatch at Prime though.

Pinny Pals Profile

Awesome! I hope some good news comes from the panel. Sadly I can't make it to Prime this year. :( Maybe the theatre it's in will be streamed.

• WigumWigum Registered User regular
    Awesome! I hope some good news comes from the panel. Sadly I can't make it to Prime this year. :( Maybe the theatre it's in will be streamed.

I just confirmed that the theater they are in is not a streaming one (Confirmed by PAX twitter). I'm hoping someone streams it or uploads a VOD. If I get a link I will post it here.

db6qux8notzb.jpg

Two announcements from the Thornwatch panel -
    1. Thornwatch will now be part of a modular game system called Eyrewood Adventures.
    2. Mike Selinker and Loan Shark Games will now be working with PA to bring this project to light

Pinny Pals Profile

Players will be able to play as one of the three factions - Thornwatch, Lookouts & Daughters.

Eyrewood Adventures may have a presence at PAX South 2016

Pinny Pals Profile

Wigum wrote: »

I just confirmed that the theater they are in is not a streaming one (Confirmed by PAX twitter). I'm hoping someone streams it or uploads a VOD. If I get a link I will post it here.

I hope a VOD gets uploaded, I'd really like to see the panel and hear all the discussion about it.
    evil santa wrote: »

Two announcements from the Thornwatch panel -
    1. Thornwatch will now be part of a modular game system called Eyrewood Adventures.
    2. Mike Selinker and Loan Shark Games will now be working with PA to bring this project to light

Awesome! Thanks for the pics and info!

Thanks for the pics mate. I just wish this didn't mean that it'll be delayed :(

• JazzyJazzy Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Will there be any Thornwatch stuff at PAX Aus this year?

Moon Wizard.