As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PAX East] The Battle for HothPAX is Over

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Is now when I should mention that high fives, hugs, and possible swag is available to people who bring us food and booze at the booth? Cause, you know...we can make that happen.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Every year I try to say hi to you at the booth but its always like three people deep at the counter

c'est la vie

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Is now when I should mention that high fives, hugs, and possible swag is available to people who bring us food and booze at the booth? Cause, you know...we can make that happen.

Booze to the booth, you say

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Someone get me a ticket so I can teach you the minnesotan way to survive the cold/ So I can pretend im Chewbaca on Hoth

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Every year I try to say hi to you at the booth but its always like three people deep at the counter

c'est la vie

If at first you don't succeed....queue up and buy something.

Naphtali wrote: »

c'est la vie

If at first you don't succeed....queue up and buy something.

uh hhhhuuuuhhhhhh

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Welcome to Boston! This was on my commute this morning.

kFUfYs.jpg

That's barely anything. If you want to put the fear of god into people, show them the MIT Alps (yes, those are 4 story tall snow piles) 25AB46BF00000578-2953282-_Alps_of_MIT_This-a-8_1423922621025.jpg

or Mount Cambridgemanjaro 2015_02_SnowMIT-web.r.jpg

Or commuting around the city
    ap-image-6906862f2d084bf4b1d326f7bea86116.jpg
    462424620-cup-of-coffee-is-nice-to-have-in-hand-while-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVYoKWEO1O%2Bv7K3gglqpc%2BFE5qSt8macMREA7xkVN4V1Nsc6cKB9iVYFeeoY1ItXmw%3D%3D

• SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    A week and a half away!

I am excite

xet8c.gif

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular

What kind of food are we talkin

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    is it too cool for khoo

What kind of food are we talkin

Lobster rolls will get you the phat hookup. Fresh vegetables and fruit will likely get you hugs and maybe a butt grab.

Or just check in via text with me.

And in all honesty, PAX East a few years ago was the first time we figured "hey, why not try asking for food on twitter?" So we did. It's kind of become a thing now. Also, the Cookie Brigade (who are fucking awesome) hook us up because we provide them with molds and cutters for a lot of their stuff. But by day 2.5 we're already teetering on the edge of the 'beetus.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2015
    "Your tauntaun will freeze before you make it to the first bar."
    "Then I'll see you in hell!"

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    "Your tauntaun will freeze before you make it to the first bar."
    "Then I'll see you in hell!"

Got it covered.

bb2e_tauntaun_sleeping_bag.jpg

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I dunno, maybe if the butt grab was guaranteed...

We will not be selling those at the show. Though, I suppose we really fucking could.

• Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    We will not be selling those at the show. Though, I suppose we really fucking could.

Butt grabs, or Taun-Taun bags?

Tauntauns.

Butt grabs are always in stock.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Oh, it's going to take a lot more than that to get me through the arctic weekend!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    Brogey wrote: »
    Oh, it's going to take a lot more than that to get me through the arctic weekend!

I'm your huckleberry.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    The boots I ordered online finally arrived today, so it looks like this island-boy is ready for his White Fang adventure. I am going crazy waiting to see you all next week. Oh wait, it's been a few years since I was in Boston, I better watch The Town to re-familiarize myself! :p

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT2liucHYRQ

PAX hype video

Also Bogey I'm glad you're coming, now I just gotta find your Oscars prize. Its in my room somewhere.

Goose! on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I went clothes shopping today. Like an adult.

I feel sick.

[IMG][/img]
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    This has inspired a new strategy for me. I'm going to use seafood to barter my way into pax. I'll trade lobster rolls for badges and crabmeat for floor space to sleep. Now to make a sign that says "Bring me to your hotel room for crabs"

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    The boots I ordered online finally arrived today, so it looks like this island-boy is ready for his White Fang adventure. I am going crazy waiting to see you all next week. Oh wait, it's been a few years since I was in Boston, I better watch The Town to re-familiarize myself! :p

I think you mean The Departed, as clearly that is the superior movie.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I want a burrito

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    edited February 2015
    Come to my panel and you could win this!

zwoOwws.png

Sterica on
    That might be sideways on not-mobile

I don't care

edited February 2015
    I have used my powers to properly display the shroom in all of its glory. If you wish to see the shroom in its natural, sideways state large (apparently it rights itself), then click on the attachment below her post.

EIGHT DAYS UNTIL YOUR PANEL

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I have a feeling pax is going to be full of that cold weather struggle for me... wear a hat and be comfortable, or not wear a hat and be that person with the green mohawk

Trust me: you will be quite warm once you're inside.

I highly recommend layers.

YL9WnCY.png
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Trust me: you will be quite warm once you're inside.

I highly recommend layers.

Oh nah I'm familiar with convention center warmth, we're just staying at the omni parker and we're big wanderers that don't spend TOO much time at pax proper. Though I did find several panels every day we might be interested in... and board games/tabletop... so maybe we'll stay closer this year than we did last year

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    I have a feeling pax is going to be full of that cold weather struggle for me... wear a hat and be comfortable, or not wear a hat and be that person with the green mohawk

Keep a bottle of styling gel in your winter coat, wear a hat, then apply once you get inside and take your hat off for the day?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Still worried on the footwear front. D:

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    There's snow due tonight 3-6 inches!

Most of the sidewalks are clear so you should be ok. I'm just wearing regular shoes right now.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    Dave you are terrible at being a mystery guest

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Cut off your feet.

Problem solved.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular

Eh, unless I'm actively wading through super-deep snow I usually just wear sneakers. If it's below-freezing, you don't have to worry about getting your socks wet if you can brush off your shoes before you get inside. Just wear some thick socks to cut the wind and you should be okay!

Casby I better see that majestic green mohawk

YL9WnCY.png
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Dave you are terrible at being a mystery guest

And now I'm triple bummed I'm not coming