As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gul'dan! Kargath! Blackhand! Tito! Lorahalo! Regis! Derrick! [SE++ WoW]

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    ugh the RBG pug experience is terrible. spend 20 minutes finding a group. group loses one time, leader disbands. awesome awesome

you can't get invited to serious groups until you get roughly 10-15 wins worth of experience and even then it is a rough chance

Jasconius on
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So I guess if you aren't paying attention and accidentally kill say.. Marrowgar on 10 man normal, you can change it to 25 man normal and then change it to heroic in the instance.

2/50 shadowfrost macguffins.

Yukira on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, you can freely switch between 10m and 25m normal all you want but the second you pick heroic you're locked to that dungeon size. I learned that the hard way with Firelands farming where I accidentally locked it to 25m heroic back when I was 90 so I had to call in help to kill off Shannox.

Opty on
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    1 more point to my total for 640 overall ilevel.

So close.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i need crit crit crit and more crit

i cannot rest until I'm hitting 40% crits all the time

Fury is just swinging two wet noodles until you crit a Bloodthirst... if you go a minute without critting one, you might as well log off. It happened to me a lot last night ;(

Apropos of nothing, back in Wrath i played my DK. I was frost in Ulduar and had something like 30%-35% crit buffed. We're trying to get hodir 25 hard mode down and during a failed attempt someone noted that my damage was crazy low for it.

In 2 full minutes of fighting I managed to crit 3 times.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    i need crit crit crit and more crit

i cannot rest until I'm hitting 40% crits all the time

Fury is just swinging two wet noodles until you crit a Bloodthirst... if you go a minute without critting one, you might as well log off. It happened to me a lot last night ;(

Apropos of nothing, back in Wrath i played my DK. I was frost in Ulduar and had something like 30%-35% crit buffed. We're trying to get hodir 25 hard mode down and during a failed attempt someone noted that my damage was crazy low for it.

In 2 full minutes of fighting I managed to crit 3 times.

Meanwhile, City of Heroes had a streakbreaker mechanic put in six years ago and everybody loved it.

I think even Diablo 3 has a streakbreaker mechanic, yeah?

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I don't know how you find dot weaving fun beasteh

It is friggin awful

What is your normal rotation? I keep finding both my VT and SW:P with like 3 or 4 seconds left after both insanity uses.

The guide I linked earlier has the optimal rotation which I have on a post it by my monitor

It's pretty hard to pull off, just remember to never delay mind blast, interrupt insanity ticks cleanly and put your dots up at 4 orbs

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    server crashed me out right as Sara was transforming to Yogg

at least they crashed at a thematically appropriate time, and really that's all I can ask

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I think all of Battle.net just went down actually, the launcher's having a shitfit.

• Carson VendettaCarson Vendetta Registered User regular
    so is arms still the "pvp spec" for warriors?

I shambled a bit for wrath, but now I'm playing with a friend on the EU servers, anyone on bloodfeather eu?

• SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Opty wrote: »
    I think all of Battle.net just went down actually, the launcher's having a shitfit.
    Even the forums seem to be dead, which is kinda impressive.

edit: isitdownrightnow seems to suggest that the login server has been down for about an hour, so I'm not sure what broke. Clearly something though.

Syrdon on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I got a Genesaur Braid while doing the Pit Daily so yay another 30-40k gold

CYpGAPn.png
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Maybe I do it wrong but DoTweaving is just "do MB + Mindspike until you get 5 shadow orbs and then just chain devouring plagues while your normal dots tick down" right?

I don't mind it. I much prefer it to mind spike + mindblast only spam.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    server crashed me out right as Sara was transforming to Yogg

at least they crashed at a thematically appropriate time, and really that's all I can ask

This has been happening to me every single time.

No idea what causes it.

yeah it kept happening and thanks for the repair bill blizzard

edited December 2014
    Watching my new Bling beat up my Old Bling was as satisfying as I hoped.

Learning that the quests share a cooldown was not. :(

Edit: I now have 575 draenic stone sitting in my bank on my main and I have been keeping the work orders full, I don't think I've touched more than one or two nodes outside of the daily ones in the mine itself since I finished questing in Nagrand.

I also have more than 800 True Iron Ore and 700 Blackrock Ore, despite sending multiple stacks (I want to say as many as 10 total) to other characters and friends.

By contrast my Herbalist can maybe get 3-4 work orders set up each day by spending all the Draenic Seeds from the herb garden and maybe one or two more by doing a bit of herbing while questing, which I guess is the problem with making them also be a currency for a pet and some transmogs.

Just seems really shitty that I have all this stone piling up and nothing more I can do with it, I guess I'll hang onto it in case they eventually change that.

Fyndir on
    If you have a ton of ore doing nothing then I recommend building a trading post. It's a very productive way to ditch worthless ore and herbs to swap to garrison resources

I traded 120 blackrock ore for something like 720 garrison resources

and I still have a thousand blackrock left

I shambled a bit for wrath, but now I'm playing with a friend on the EU servers, anyone on bloodfeather eu?

That's the traditional choice still. Protection/Gladiator is the new hotness though and is a little easier to get gud at. Extremely hard to kill with some burst and AOE potential

Arms is really the battleground spec. You can deal probably more AOE damage than anyone, you can mortal strike, and you can execute for $texas, but the usual suspects will still melt you down.

I have seen some Fury PVPers but I refuse to believe such nonsense is viable

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Yeah, you can freely switch between 10m and 25m normal all you want but the second you pick heroic you're locked to that dungeon size. I learned that the hard way with Firelands farming where I accidentally locked it to 25m heroic back when I was 90 so I had to call in help to kill off Shannox.

Well, I managed to work around getting stuck on 10 heroic and one shot everything up to the LK as Frost. Going to give it a whirl as Blood and see what happens.

If you have a ton of ore doing nothing then I recommend building a trading post. It's a very productive way to ditch worthless ore and herbs to swap to garrison resources

I traded 120 blackrock ore for something like 720 garrison resources

and I still have a thousand blackrock left

I maintain my suspicion that once friends do more levelling the demand for my precious minerals will rise dramatically.

Somewhat like mountains.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

That's the traditional choice still. Protection/Gladiator is the new hotness though and is a little easier to get gud at. Extremely hard to kill with some burst and AOE potential

Arms is really the battleground spec. You can deal probably more AOE damage than anyone, you can mortal strike, and you can execute for $texas, but the usual suspects will still melt you down.

I don't think anyone north of 2k is using prot anymore in arena.

Angry wrote: »

I don't think anyone north of 2k is using prot anymore in arena.

when he gets to 2k I will be sure to advise him on the matter

but Gladiator is plenty destructive especially in 2's

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Fury is fun for the 50k execute crits

icGJy2C.png
    edited December 2014
    My current record is 120k in Arms

I may have had the bloodlust powerup at the time though. It's routinely 60-90k depending on what I'm hitting and whether colossus is up

I'm not aware of anything in Fury that empowers Execute moreso than Arms

the thing that Fury gives you is some very very strong opening sustained DPS... if you crit your bloodthirst then you've got that bloodthirst, two offhand strikes, a wild strike or two, probably a free execute, and probably enough rage for two more offhand strikes

with Arms its.. smash... mortal strike... wait.... another mortal strike... chase the guy around... another mortal strike... <giant font>EXECUUUUUUUUUTE</giant font>

Jasconius on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So, because we've gotten a few requests over the past couple weeks, I'm gonna go on record in regards to Shamblers, raids, and cross-realm shenannigans. If this seems super unfair to anyone, feel free to speak up.

In Siege, when cross-realm and flex became a thing, we were no longer progressing as a guild. We had everything on farm, and it was mostly running for heirlooms and gearing alts, so there was very much a 'take all comers' mentality at work. This was ideal, because a new expansion was on the horizon, no one really needed the gear, and we were all doing it for kicks, or heirlooms, or whatever, so there was no reason not to just get as many people as possible in there.

Now that we're progressing again, figuring out fights and wiping a lot, we're going to start tightening the belt a little bit when it comes to inviting people from other realms into our progression nights. When it comes to Cho'gall people, we'll continue to get as many people in the raid as we can handle with the dps/healer ratio, but cross-realm people looking to hop in will be handled on a night-by night, case-by-case basis. If those cross-realm people enjoy raiding with us, I would encourage them to think about hopping the fence and switching to our server.

Naturally, as happened with Siege, as progression nights turn into farm nights, we'll loosen this up, but it just makes sense, at least while we're still learning the fights.

Does this make sense?

Javen on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Shame that I ended up switching to Alliance this time around or I'd try to get in on that. Not that server switching would be an option anyway... 11 characters on the new home server will do that.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Holiday hours continue tonight so I won't be home for raids until probably 9:30 server unless I can skip out early, which I am not confident about.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    So, because we've gotten a few requests over the past couple weeks, I'm gonna go on record in regards to Shamblers, raids, and cross-realm shenannigans. If this seems super unfair to anyone, feel free to speak up.

In Siege, when cross-realm and flex became a thing, we were no longer progressing as a guild. We had everything on farm, and it was mostly running for heirlooms and gearing alts, so there was very much a 'take all comers' mentality at work. This was ideal, because a new expansion was on the horizon, no one really needed the gear, and we were all doing it for kicks, or heirlooms, or whatever, so there was no reason not to just get as many people as possible in there.

Now that we're progressing again, figuring out fights and wiping a lot, we're going to start tightening the belt a little bit when it comes to inviting people from other realms into our progression nights. When it comes to Cho'gall people, we'll continue to get as many people in the raid as we can handle with the dps/healer ratio, but cross-realm people looking to hop in will be handled on a night-by night, case-by-case basis. If those cross-realm people enjoy raiding with us, I would encourage them to think about hopping the fence and switching to our server.

Naturally, as happened with Siege, as progression nights turn into farm nights, we'll loosen this up, but it just makes sense, at least while we're still learning the fights.

Does this make sense?

I'm Timber Lord Mirren and I approve this message

mkc.png
    As someone who has never raided or really done much of anything with most of you I don't really understand why you're making that change, or what difference it makes what realm people are on.

I have no real investment here, I'm just genuinely curious about it.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    we want people in the guild to get gear because there is an obvious commitment from them

whereas, off-realm people that raid should still have a shot at gear, but if it goes to them, there is no real commitment to the guild

it's easier and more fair to say "only guild members can raid" than "only guild members can roll"

Like I said, it'll be handled on a case-by-case basis. If we're already running with 6 leather dps and another rogue from off-server wants to join, well, that's tough. But if all of our tanks are monks and DKs and a prot warrior or paladin wants, in? Well, that's less of an issue

The reason is the large consensus to stick with master looter. Personal loot would be a different story, but the vast majority of raiding shamblers prefer master loot, so that's what we'll be sticking with until popular opinion changes

• beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    i have to do some last minute things to pack for a 7:30 am flight so if i'm in it'll be late and not for long. sorry shamblers. my raid availability will be good in the new year.

at least until the game i'm on at work hits its crunch period. then i will fall off the face of the earth for a few months and emerge blinking and confused on the other side.

project crunch is my real life mirren port to dalaran.

Aside from the loot issues, it also helps foster a sense of community in the Shamblers Milk

mkc.png
    Yeah, I think we'll make the calendar events just in case people want to scrape together something, but after today I'm pretty sure most people will be wrapped up in holiday things until January

I'd be pretty surprised if we couldn't scrape together 10 people for both remaining Tuesdays of 2014

mkc.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'll be here for both Tuesdays and Thursday probably too because I have no life outside of work

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'll be logged in tonight, but I'm going to be going afk way too often to be useful in a raid, so I'll have to pass :(

And next week the raid time will be like 3 am for me.

I'll be here for both Tuesdays and Thursday probably too because I have no life outside of work

me you dys and zay are gonna get us that heart of fear cheevo on christmas

it'll be our own shamblin miracle

most likely available next Tuesday, gone and dead the final tuesday (ill be on a bad laptop with poor internet, you wont want me)

I do greatly prefer master looter

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm one of the people that had hopped in cross-realm at the end of Siege, figured it would be fun to raid with folks from here. I specifically hadn't asked about raiding this xpac cross-realm because I figured this might be sort of an issue. I'm curious though, why not do personal loot if the composition is one of the major factors?

This discussion has been closed.