As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed: Origins - out now!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Hmm. This has been in development for a couple years, right? How long ago did TF2 open its hat store?

Hats were introduced the year Assassin's Creed 2 was released

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Len0Zw2l.jpg

That's an interesting cameo.

I'm not seeing it

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Len0Zw2l.jpg

That's an interesting cameo.

I'm not seeing it

Brock Lesnar

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    At least I'm pretty sure that's his back tattoo.

• Options
    Hahaha oh my god it is

• Options
    Paul Heyman better be in this game as well.

• Options
    Welcome to Suplex City, mate

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    You Can't See Me (because I'm hiding in this haypile)

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Taking bets on the number of 'guvnah's in this

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    so evie is definitely just a supplementary character and it's not really a dual protagonist game

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    also with this being about a working class revolt are we going to meet karl marx, who lived in london at this time

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    When he goes into stealth mode, where does the top hat go?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Probably the same place Wei Shen pulls his motorcycle helmet from.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I see there are female enemies now

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    boy I hope this pre-alpha draw distance and lighting gets worked out, london looks kind of bad

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sounds interacting but I'll probably still wait for initial impressions.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    boy I hope this pre-alpha draw distance and lighting gets worked out, london looks kind of bad

Draw distance fog is obviously period accurate to the industrial revolution

• Options
    idk I'm not coming away from this too impressed jacob seems really boring but the grappling hook is neat I guess

I like the way the carriage controls exactly like the ac2 carriage

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think I'm only interested in AC now if there's some kind of twist

Brotherhood was the last Assassin's Creed-ass Assassin's Creed that I've really enjoyed

In AC3 I needed all the leaping around the forests, and the ship stuff saved Black Flag because I thought the main missions were super dull

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    what's ashraf ismail's team working on I want next-gen boats

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Am I the only one not too hyped about the grappling hook?

It's not like climbing was either slow or hard.

I'm not either, but I mean, you can likely just ignore it

Kinda like how they added the hookblade in Revelations and it was super dumb and I never used it in that game

Mobility has never been the problem with these games, and they keep trying to treat it like one

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Even if the grappling hook is a little superfluous now, just imagine how great it'll be in two or three games when they go full Just Cause

Grappling elephants together as they careen madly through historical India

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Getting a Batman vibe from that grappling hook.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I don't know about them going full Batman with a grappling hook.

I mean climbing around is half the fun.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Probably the same place Wei Shen pulls his motorcycle helmet from.

Man!

Where the hell is the new Sleeping Dogs game?!

Now that was an open world game, damn it

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    so evie is definitely just a supplementary character and it's not really a dual protagonist game

I've been hearing a lot of conflicting info on Evie. All that I know for certain is that Jacob and Evie have their own unique missions and skill trees, and that in open world gameplay you can switch between the two.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    It is my Official Prediction that Evie will go Templar and the siblings will be sundered by their ideological schism

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    As someone who's only problem with Unity was the initial glitchfest before they patched it, this game looks so awesome and I don't care who knows it

Unfortunately enemy AI looks as dumb as ever

Carriage chases and the Gangs of New York gang wars look great. I love the wide open streets

Prohass on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Considering the trailer did not contain any shots of Evie, it seems to me that they've only been working her in for the past year or so.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

P.P.S. Evee is most definitely the protagonist of the next AC game, and Jacob bites it in the end of AC : Syndicate. Obviously.

I can definitely see a scenario where they added Evie after the kerfuffle in the summer and fall, and then grandfather her in as the protagonist in next game.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options

I've been hearing a lot of conflicting info on Evie. All that I know for certain is that Jacob and Evie have their own unique missions and skill trees, and that in open world gameplay you can switch between the two.

she's a supporting character and jacob is the protagonist, as should be quite clear from today's presentation

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-syndicate-story-characters-and-se/1100-6427217/
    Cote said that Evie inclusion was planned from the start of development; the team always knew they wanted scrappy brother and sister twins at the forefront of their game.

Cote also added that discussions from last year sparked by a comment about women being "too hard to animate" had absolutely no bearing on Syndicate’s cast. Syndicate had already been in production with Evie in place for almost two years.

• Options
    of course she was

next year's game is always well into development before this year's game is even announced, ubisoft can't really make drastic changes in response to the last game. 2 games back, maybe

syndicate is on a 3 year cycle, it started shortly after AC3

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

Ubisoft had me, then they lost me.

Such a wasted opportunity!

• Options
    it is funny how the video described unity's problem as "taking too many risks"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-syndicate-story-characters-and-se/1100-6427217/
    Cote said that Evie inclusion was planned from the start of development; the team always knew they wanted scrappy brother and sister twins at the forefront of their game.

Cote also added that discussions from last year sparked by a comment about women being "too hard to animate" had absolutely no bearing on Syndicate’s cast. Syndicate had already been in production with Evie in place for almost two years.

Hmmm, that may be technically correct..but, hmmm, yes....

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    it is funny how the video described unity's problem as "taking too many risks"

Shipping a game in that fucking state was a huge risk

You can tell by how many people it burned

This discussion has been closed.