As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed: Origins - out now!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I will say that I really liked that shot of him fighting with a spear in the trailer

So I hope he finds a spear in the modern day too I guess

More spearfighting forever

"More spearfighting forever" would probably be your campaign slogan if you ran for public office

Don't act like you wouldn't vote for me on that platform alone

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I will say that I really liked that shot of him fighting with a spear in the trailer

So I hope he finds a spear in the modern day too I guess

More spearfighting forever

"More spearfighting forever" would probably be your campaign slogan if you ran for public office

Don't act like you wouldn't vote for me on that platform alone

Okay look

You're not wrong

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    I finally got around to finishing Syndicate and am starting the Jack the Ripper DLC.

I'm kinda liking what they're doing with the fear mechanics and all.

I found the mechanics kinda cool, but actually playing the Jack the Ripper stiff unpleasant.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am fine with a focus being placed on the modern day stuff but 35%, even though that is probably just a number tossed off the top of the head in an interview, seems way too low

Like, the historical animus stuff is the series whole thing. Having it be a little more than a third of the movie rubs me the wrong way.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Well, I can see their reasoning. Most people probably prefer current day stuff. The past doesn't have (as) much weight because it's not real.

But spears.

So it's a balancing act.

And come to think of it, the best moment in the games for me was the end of one when
    you turn on eagle vision after being in the lab in the present the whole time and it's covered in messages.

So it all depends on what they do.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    That past was real though
    Think about it

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    According to an IGN article the movie will be 65% present day, 35% in-Animus

As someone who loves the present day storyline, let me be the first to say:

YESSSSSS

Cool, thanks for letting me know I can skip the movie.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    35% of a 2 hour movie seems like barely enough time to even have a plot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Yeah, like again I am hoping it was just a number thrown out in an interview and isn't entirely accurate, but I am gonna be pretty bummed if only ~40 minutes of the 2-2.5 hour movie is in the past

That's why I like Assassins Creed! The modern day storyline is fun and dumb in the right way but I come to the series for the ridiculous historical shit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    According to an IGN article the movie will be 65% present day, 35% in-Animus

As someone who loves the present day storyline, let me be the first to say:

YESSSSSS

Cool, thanks for letting me know I can skip the movie.

No problem!

• Options
    I wonder what the ratio of real world to Matrix time is in the first Matrix movie
    That seems like a proportion I'd be comfortable with for real world to Animus

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Im pretty sure that is minimal.

Like, between him leaving the matrix and going back to the Oracle most of the exposition scenes take place inside training programs.

Is guess they spent less than thirty percent in the real world.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I reckon the bleeding effect will probably play a decent part in the plot.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm not seriously upset by the news. I feel like the present stuff has a lot of stuff that they could explore.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Plus honestly, as someone who is a huge fan of the future stuff, I feel like it's seriously neglected in the games

The trappings of it were really neat in Black Flag but there wasn't much meat to it

Aside from the bad ending of ACIII, that game actually had a really good amount of it. I liked leaving the lab and heading out into the world to do missions with bleeding-effect-trained Desmond. Climbing around skyscrapers kicked ass

But in Unity and Syndicate, modern-day stuff was practically absent

I want my modern-day AC fix somewhere, and if they're not going to give us a full game of it, or just sack Watch Dogs' stupid fiction and turn that into modern-day AC, I will totally take a movie with that focus instead

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    I'm guessing they will already get into the bleed effect stuff by the last act of THIS movie, and have the majority of the climax be present-day Fassbender doing shit

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm guessing they will already get into the bleed effect stuff by the last act of THIS movie, and have the majority of the climax be present-day Fassbender doing shit

no that's phase 2 of the Ubisoft Cinematic Universe plan

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

no that's phase 2 of the Ubisoft Cinematic Universe plan

If only

• Options
    Michael Mann Tapped to Direct "Watch_Dogs"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    why would the entire trailer be set in the past if most of the movie is set in the present

like, if they know the past stuff is more appealing than the present then they have a clear incentive to make the movie about it

• Options
    why would the entire trailer be set in the past if most of the movie is set in the present

like, if they know the past stuff is more appealing than the present then they have a clear incentive to make the movie about it

Why does the trailer for Drive look like an action movie

Marketing

• Options
    guys I can't think of a good director for the UCU Phase 2 kickoff "Driver: San Francisco"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    guys I can't think of a good director for the UCU Phase 2 kickoff "Driver: San Francisco"

Justin Lin

• Options
    Justin Lin, c'mon

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Jeez apparently the last DLC for Syndicate, The Last Maharaja, came out in March with no promotion or fanfare that I can remember seeing

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    In Assassin's Creed The Movie 2 Fassbender has to relive the memories of a descendant from the Middle East who was not an assassin, but was just as agile as the best of them, and his experiences with a strange weapon that isn't a Piece of Eden but has abilities just as wondrous.

AC2: Sands of Time

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

That's pretty much the job of filmmakers to accomplish that then.

Silence of the Lambs is considered one of the best movies ever, mostly because of Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter. He has a total of fourteen minutes of screen time in the entire movie.

Darth Vader appears for twelve minutes in A New Hope.

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Jeez apparently the last DLC for Syndicate, The Last Maharaja, came out in March with no promotion or fanfare that I can remember seeing

There's another DLC for Syndicate? Your post is literally the first I've heard of it.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »

There's another DLC for Syndicate? Your post is literally the first I've heard of it.

Yep! It was listed in like, season pass details and such, but when the actual release came it was pretty quiet

• Options
    Wait, really?

I bought the season pass and still haven't even played Jack the Ripper

Guess I better get back to Syndicate

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Jack the Ripper had some neat mechanics but I think the story and character stuff was a step backwards

I haven't played Last Maharaja yet but a couple reviews said it's a pretty decent collection of 10 missions with plenty of variety, so, there's that

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

Yep! It was listed in like, season pass details and such, but when the actual release came it was pretty quiet

Cool beans, thanks.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

Those spanish boys still cutting off fingers

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    But only on the left hand, weirdly enough

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Spent a lot of today finally getting my Platinum Trophy for Syndicate

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    okay but where's the dlc that sends you on the abyssinian expedition

• Options
    Since there's no new AC this year and the movie has me pretty hyped, I thought I'd finally crack into Rogue today

I'm enjoying it so far but man

I feel like it looks and runs worse than AC3 and last-gen Black Flag did

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    it definitely runs better than ac3

I agree it looks worse than 360 ac4 though

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah I was actually pleasantly surprised just how well it ran.

• Options
    I don't know what's going on with me then

Even with naval battles, I'm getting weird hitching going on that I never got in AC4

This discussion has been closed.