As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Games that should of been amazing but failed instead.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    All 3s

Persona 3?

I mean, it was a radical change for the series, and it wasn't as good as Persona 4, but it also catapulted a moderately popular spin-off of a cult RPG series to a multimedia success complete with two spin-off fighting games.

Back on topic, I'm going to add to the chorus for Invisible War.

It's more Deus Ex! But with a customizable player character, and you're working for future mercs instead of the UN at the start, and it's even further in the future. So, that seemed like it could be fun.

Sadly, between the tiny levels, awful plot, and wretched 'simplified' systems, it was not fun.

• ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    You want a game that should have been great, but breaks your heart? Azurik. Easily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azurik:_Rise_of_Perathia

http://youtu.be/uM_SiyBwWHU

This is the first game I actually became a "fanboy" of in any sense. I was eleven years old, so I my tastes were not defined. But still, this game still holds a special place in my heart. It was the first time I played a game that was nearly wide open. As the video states, one of the biggest knocks against it was its lack of direction. But the few people that enjoyed it did so for that very reason. You were introduced to this strange, alien fantasy world, and just let loose with some concept of a prophecy and your overall quest. I got totally enveloped in it, and it was the first game that actually expanded my imagination. No game did that until Morrowind.

I didn't even look for it. My mom, on a whim, bought it for me for one Christmas. I don't care what others say, she made a great choice.

... Man, I need to give my mom a hug. Got something in my eye...

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Mechwarrior Tactics. Let's take the table top, and move it into a medium that doesn't require huge money sinks and dragging yourself to physical places to deal with people you maybe don't want to just to play a game you like.

Then they lifted Mass Effect's multi advancement, put it behind a terrible grind or a paywall, and failed to get anything working properly. The heat scale broke, one match my Stalker just kept gaining heat every round, without doing anything, and shutting down wasn't in the game yet, so the only option was to alpha as much as I could to do any amount of damage I could before my mech blew itself up. Constant hanging during matches, there were times you'd take twenty minutes playing one turn because the system just got stuck somewhere. It was a horrendous browser game, which didn't help at all. Almost any update they made to the game required full resets for accounts, making any sort of progress impossible. When PGI/IGP split, mwtactics.com went offline with a message stating they would be back in a few days after they find new funding. I think that was like six months ago? The page now doesn't even retrieve anything when I try to load it.

It started out as a wonderful idea, showed serious problems and little progress, then disappeared into the ether. All over the course of around 12 months.

• SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Mechwarrior Tactics. Let's take the table top, and move it into a medium that doesn't require huge money sinks and dragging yourself to physical places to deal with people you maybe don't want to just to play a game you like.

Then they lifted Mass Effect's multi advancement, put it behind a terrible grind or a paywall, and failed to get anything working properly. The heat scale broke, one match my Stalker just kept gaining heat every round, without doing anything, and shutting down wasn't in the game yet, so the only option was to alpha as much as I could to do any amount of damage I could before my mech blew itself up. Constant hanging during matches, there were times you'd take twenty minutes playing one turn because the system just got stuck somewhere. It was a horrendous browser game, which didn't help at all. Almost any update they made to the game required full resets for accounts, making any sort of progress impossible. When PGI/IGP split, mwtactics.com went offline with a message stating they would be back in a few days after they find new funding. I think that was like six months ago? The page now doesn't even retrieve anything when I try to load it.

It started out as a wonderful idea, showed serious problems and little progress, then disappeared into the ether. All over the course of around 12 months.

A sign that your game has really fucked up: The open source Java program written and maintained by fans for the same IP(Megamek) was in nearly every way superior to Tactics, sans Tactics' pretty 3D graphics, except Tactics squandered any love it could have gotten there by picking an "art style" where the mechs from the IP barely resembled their namesakes from the orginal IP! Like the Hunchback is the worst case example of it, looking nothing like the original, but even mechs that were vaguely like the original like the Atlas were big alternations from the original. So it wasted the one clear advantage it had over a fan made and run program, not counting every technical flaw and problem with the product.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Docshifty wrote: »

I'll never forget when I asked a couple of the devs at PAX how they planned to deal with the dilution of the RNG pool as more items are added, a problem that plagued the hell out of ME3's MP. They gave a really long winded response that never really answered the question because I'm pretty sure they had no actual plan in place and I had totally thrown them a curveball. I stayed the fuck away from that game after that conversation and I'm super glad I did.

MechWarrior Tactics should be one of the easiest things in the world to make since the rules are already taken care of but god damn did developer incompetence sink that ship hard.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Musicool wrote: »
    Brink. Mother of mercy, Brink.

My friends and I were getting tired of the endless parade of CoDs - the only gaming juggernaut that all of us could agree to play together - and along came Brink. It promised to be something new and interesting. No one-shot kills! Class customisation! Parkour! Multiple objective maps! Teamwork!

It looked great. Myself and a couple of the other more hardcore gamers talked all the guys into buying it. And then it was terrible. The game itself was actually fine. Alright. And when it all came together it was good. But the matchmaking never got more than 2 or 3 real players on the other side. Some objectives were either super easy or impossible. And I'll be honest, I've actually forgotten or blocked out all the other reasons we gave up on that game.

If that was all, it would have just been a disappointment. But now, Brink has become a byword in our group for "game that promises to bring us all back together at the cost of $100 AU and won't live up to the hype". We still all play and chat together, but except for a few months with Battlefield (BF4 destroyed that) we've never been able to all buy and commit to another game with the same fervor. Evolve is looking like a fantastic game for just the kind of numbers we get on any one night, but I can just feel the spectre of Brink hanging around whenever I hype Evolve to the guys.

So fuck Brink.
    Yeah, I remember Brink. There was quite a lot of hype involved and a few of my friends bought it. Then, like three days after release, it was just dead. You didn't see anyone in your friendslist playing it ever again.

Panda4You on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    what we ended up with was an ape pooping on a town center.

To be fair, training your animal to poop on things and teaching it to throw its shit at the enemy was a rather transcendent experience.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • E-gongaE-gonga Registered User regular
    Has Prisoner Of War been mentioned yet?

Released on PS2 and Xbox, Prisoner of War was a WW2-based stealth game where the only goal was to escape from a Nazi PoW camp. The USP of the game was supposed to be the hundreds of possible escape routes from the camp. It was mentioned heavily in previews leading up to release, and the promise even appeared on the back of the box. Total freedom! Learn the guard's routines and escape the camp however you want!

The reality was a semi-competent stealth game which forced you to complete a series of linear objectives in order to perform each camp's ONE AND ONLY escape route. They threw in something of a story - the Nazi's were using PoW camps like a human shield to protect their weapons research, and some later objectives had you sabotaging their efforts - but the game promised on the back of the box was not the game they gave us.

It was kind of interesting that you had to be present during roll calls as it gave you a clock to work against, but if you missed the call then all you had to do was hide in a cupboard for a few minutes while the AI swarmed into the room and idled about, muttering things about English pig dogs until they gave up. You could turn up at the next roll call with no questions asked which kind of defeated the purpose...

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    We've mentioned SimCity already, haven't we? Because I don't think anyone would deny that that was a massive failure:
    • The login issues on launch day are now internet legend. You could barely log in for about a week after release, and you couldn't play without logging in, even though SimCity has historically been a single-player game. Online or die!
    • As Yahtzee astutely pointed out, the game does now allow you to create a city named "Dogbollock", which I feel is a major oversight. This is because that particular name contains a swear, and we wouldn't want the little children who could potentially be playing this train-wreck to see a swear, oh dear me no. What's that? You don't want to play online with the children and you'd be having much more fun if you could play single player and name your town "Wangchester?" Fuck you. Get in the queue to log in with the other peasants.
    • What's that? Your internet connection temporarily cut out while you were playing? Back to the queue for you!
    • Oh wait, it was our server that crapped out? Oh well in that case... just kidding. Back of the line!
    • The super amazing multiplayer features they used to justify the always-online DRM just straight up didn't work. You were supposed to be able to trade power, water and/or sewage with neighbors, but this rarely worked as intended. And even if it did, if you relied on your neighbour for power, for instance, you could log back in and find your city ruined because your neighbor stopped logging in and someone else took over his city and bulldozed it.
    • They promised that each sim would be its own agent, with needs, desires e.t.c. This was provably wrong; houses squirt out random sims in the morning, and receive random sims (i.e, not the same ones) back in the evening. The only thing that might temporarily trick you into thinking your sims are unique in any way is that family homes squirt out sims who share the same last name in the morning.
    • And I use the word "squirt" for a reason; people who know more about fluid dynamics than I have said that apparently the engine SimCity uses seems to model the population as a fluid. Houses are pumps that pump out people, work-places are pumps that suck in people, schools and colleges suck in students and spit out education e.t.c. This isn't a bad way to move thousands of tiny dots around without hogging CPU or RAM, but not a great way to model how a human population actually does... anything at all.
    • Modelling traffic as a fluid resulted in brain-dead path-finding, which resulted in massive traffic jams that would back up your whole city.
    • Emergency vehicles used the same (lack of) AI as the regular cars. This meant that if you had three fires in your city and six fire trucks at the station, they would all proceed to the same fire in a big column. And then get stuck in traffic, because apparently nobody gives way to emergency vehicles in SimCity land.
    • The city plot sizes were ridiculously small. Nobody is quite sure why they did it this way, but the working theory is that it was to hide the fact that the traffic AI goes completely bat-shit when it has to deal with too many citizens at once, which is ironic given that that's exactly the problem the system was created to solve.

I actually really enjoyed this game, for about two hours. That was how long it took before the game-breaking bugs became apparent. That was how long it took to fill every square inch of my city's plot with high-density zones. That was how long it took me to realize that no, I'm not doing anything wrong, its just like that. Its just broken. For an example of a game that actually simulates individual people on a large scale, see Tropico 3, 4 and 5. It gets a little chuggy when you've got 1000+ citizens milling around, but it does at least prove that this sort of thing is possible, and from a small-name German developer no less! This game was so bad that they had to give everyone another game for free because of how bad the launch was. I chose Dead Space 3 and I still haven't touched it. I just don't understand how Maxis went from the premier maker of city-building games to... this.

But on the bright side, it did have a poo map.

Mr Ray on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

My friends and I were getting tired of the endless parade of CoDs - the only gaming juggernaut that all of us could agree to play together - and along came Brink. It promised to be something new and interesting. No one-shot kills! Class customisation! Parkour! Multiple objective maps! Teamwork!

It looked great. Myself and a couple of the other more hardcore gamers talked all the guys into buying it. And then it was terrible. The game itself was actually fine. Alright. And when it all came together it was good. But the matchmaking never got more than 2 or 3 real players on the other side. Some objectives were either super easy or impossible. And I'll be honest, I've actually forgotten or blocked out all the other reasons we gave up on that game.

If that was all, it would have just been a disappointment. But now, Brink has become a byword in our group for "game that promises to bring us all back together at the cost of $100 AU and won't live up to the hype". We still all play and chat together, but except for a few months with Battlefield (BF4 destroyed that) we've never been able to all buy and commit to another game with the same fervor. Evolve is looking like a fantastic game for just the kind of numbers we get on any one night, but I can just feel the spectre of Brink hanging around whenever I hype Evolve to the guys.

So fuck Brink.

I don't track industry news too closely. I don't consume most of the media types where gaming hype could get at me. Except this forum.

And Brink was one of a long parade of games that this forum got me super hyped on, driving me to rush down to Gamestop to pick it up, only to play it for a couple days before abandoning it forever thanks to the SHIT map design.

What is this I don't even.
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »

So fuck Brink.
    Yeah, I remember Brink. There was quite a lot of hype involved and a few of my friends bought it. Then, like three days after release, it was just dead. You didn't see anyone in your friendslist playing it ever again.

I bought Brink for 2 bucks.

It doesn't matter if you have cool parkour set in a weird future city on the sea, if the actual game experience breaks down to a guy barking at you 'They Hev Taken Oar Coh Mand Poast' while running around. That...happens...more than anything else...in Brink.

• lavinagarza755lavinagarza755 Registered User new member
    In light of "recent" events, Drive Club. Heck, they can't even fix it even though they are trying really hard.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Maxis got bought by ea that's what happened

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    We've mentioned SimCity already, haven't we? Because I don't think anyone would deny that that was a massive failure:
    • The city plot sizes were ridiculously small. Nobody is quite sure why they did it this way, but the working theory is that it was to hide the fact that the traffic AI goes completely bat-shit when it has to deal with too many citizens at once, which is ironic given that that's exactly the problem the system was created to solve.

But on the bright side, it did have a poo map.

Snipped for length, but on the above

They actually have been completely up front about the city size thing, they stated larger cities are never coming because increasing the land mass is too expensive hardware wise for the simulation with how it was built(poorly).

It's a complete design and execution failure for sure. I still expect a slightly rebranded simcity game announced next year though.

steam_sig.png
  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Wait, I got it: Star Ocean 3: 'Til The End Of Time.

What a fucking travesty.

Whoa hey now, let's not get hasty. SO3: TTEOT was not bad, especially when compared to Star Ocean: The Last Hope. TTEOT was a functional JRPG with halfway likeable characters, and, IMHO, had an interesting plot twist. The Last Hope was slow, had annoying characters, and turned the anime tropes way past funny up to 11.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'd say Star Ocean 3 first before The Last Hope, because of the fact that expectations were riding pretty high after Star Ocean 2, so the disappointing crash left a larger crater. Nobody expected a whole lot from Last Hope after that point, so nobody was as disappointed.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    The Evil Within

has good potential for scares, good audiovisual foundations (color choices, textures, shadows, sounds, voice direction, ambience and so on) and plenty of original design and mechanics choices, but is hampered by bugs, derailed and uninteresting story, poor script, very schizophrenic pacing and a big drop in apprehension and worry after chapter 3/4.

I really hope they can make a sequel that addresses all of these problems.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    The Evil Within

has good potential for scares, good audiovisual foundations (color choices, textures, shadows, sounds, voice direction, ambience and so on) and plenty of original design and mechanics choices, but is hampered by bugs, derailed and uninteresting story, poor script, very schizophrenic pacing and a big drop in apprehension and worry after chapter 3/4.

I really hope they can make a sequel that addresses all of these problems.

I go back and forth on mentioning Evil Within here.

The big thing that keeps me from doing it is that, I played it because my wife loves watching horror games, and she fucking loved it. If you can watch someone play without having to ever actually touch the controls, I can see it not being bad at all. If that keeps it from being failed and just flawed, that's up to you.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    All 3s

Persona 3?

I mean, it was a radical change for the series, and it wasn't as good as Persona 4, but it also catapulted a moderately popular spin-off of a cult RPG series to a multimedia success complete with two spin-off fighting games.

Back on topic, I'm going to add to the chorus for Invisible War.

It's more Deus Ex! But with a customizable player character, and you're working for future mercs instead of the UN at the start, and it's even further in the future. So, that seemed like it could be fun.

Sadly, between the tiny levels, awful plot, and wretched 'simplified' systems, it was not fun.

Persona 3 was great. I wasn't being serious about all 3s.

I was being threecetious.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Also, yeah, Invisible War - which I completed on PC with great agony - was terrible in every possible way.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Lemme use this rocket launcher once. Oh, now I don't have ammunition for anything. Cool.

Deus Ex Invisible War

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Also, yeah, Invisible War - which I completed on PC with great agony - was terrible in every possible way.

Looking back, I really liked the whole Starbucks story line.

That was pretty much it.

Also (Deus Ex IW spoilers):
    I had no idea that you could save Paul in the first game when I played through the second. I was so confused as to how they could just bring a character back to life like that with so little ceremony.

Sceptre on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Lemme use this rocket launcher once. Oh, now I don't have ammunition for anything. Cool.

Deus Ex Invisible War

Let me just knock out this guard with a baton and oh god, his spine has telescoped. He crumpled over backwards! The back of his head is touching his heels what have I done? WHAT HAVE I DONE??

Deus Ex: Invisible War

emnmnme on
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    I was really really excited for Spore, and then found it almost immediately boring.

rqv6.png
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I played Invisible War on Xbox, it was fun enough for me, since I love me some cyberpunk. Then I played the original Deus Ex and saw why IW was inferior.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    And I'm probably wrong here, because it was a good game, just not my thing: Skyward Sword almost killed my love of Zelda.

rqv6.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Invisible war was another casualty of the awkward phase when they wanted to do Pc games on consoles that simply didn't have the horsepower to run them. The games ended up being neutered both technically and in gameplay. And in the end both Pc and console players were left out in the cold.

See also Thief 3

• DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter

I don't know if it counts, as I cannot recall the general hype levels going into it. I do know that for myself and my friends (who were in early high school at the time) we were excited as all get out for the game. Based off of reading previews for it we all envisioned this dynamic space sandbox where you would get into dog fights and then seamlessly dock on a station or land on a planet and pick up a bounty only to fly off again to collect on it. I guess maybe like a Star Citizen sort of thing. What the game ended up being was a painfully mediocre fps with a few tacked on (and also mediocre) flying segments. It wasn't all bad though. The voice acting was so incredibly bad it managed to be very entertaining more often than not.

Also, from roughly the same time period, Killzone.

Killzone was hyped as being the Playstation's answer to Halo. One of the first "Halo killers" as I recall. It wasn't really bad, per se, but it definitely didn't live up to the expectations anyone seemed to have for it. I recall most magazine reviews giving it pretty middle of the road scores, for what that's worth. I will say it had a pretty great sense of aesthetic and art direction going for it, but that's the best I can say on its behalf. It also had some pretty bad technical issues, at least it did for me. The game seemed to push the PS2 a bit too hard for it's own good, resulting in some pretty bad frame rates. And lastly, the game could have been called Bulletspongezone and it would have been pretty accurate (granted that's a personal complaint).

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Invisible war was another casualty of the awkward phase when they wanted to do Pc games on consoles that simply didn't have the horsepower to run them. The games ended up being neutered both technically and in gameplay. And in the end both Pc and console players were left out in the cold.

See also Thief 3

Thief 3 wasn't nearly as bad as IW was though.

Conversely, Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a pretty solid game. Thief 2014, from the same studio, is a god damn disaster, particularly from a story standpoint. The game mechanics are alright for the most part... they're still way simplified from the original games, and I hate the swoop mechanic. But geezus, the story is complete garbage. It has 3 major storylines in it, none of which are fleshed out at all, the characters have no development, nothing is answered or resolved, and the ending is completely confusing and unfulfilling.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

See also Thief 3

IW and Thi3f weren't all the fault of consoles. The lead engine guy quit halfway in, if I remember right, and left the team with this nightmare shitpile of an engine that no-one knew how to work.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Cube World

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Cube World

To keep this thread from being locked: any particular reason?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    My favorite part of how shitty Brink was is the campaign. They advertised it as this dynamic thing that could jump from single-player to co-op, and it could even go to a full-on multiplayer versus match! It was built up as some innovative change to how fps campaigns were done.

The reality was that single-player was just versus matches against bots with really stupid bots for teammates. Your bot teammates could not interact with any objectives, and they were awful compared to the enemy bots. It's true, other players could join in and change the game to co-op or versus, but it was the exact same thing as regular multiplayer. Maps weren't really connected and there was no story bits or anything different to tell a story besides the pre and post-game cinematics that even multiplayer got.

YL9WnCY.png
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »

See also Thief 3

Something weird I've seen several times is people talking about how bad Thief: DS was compared to the first two games and then when describing something great about the series they always pick... the Cradle.

I dunno, maybe it's just one guy who keeps doing it.

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »

See also Thief 3

Something weird I've seen several times is people talking about how bad Thief: DS was compared to the first two games and then when describing something great about the series they always pick... the Cradle.

The Cradle was extremely memorable and was done extremely well, it's actually one of the best crafted levels in gaming in terms of the atmosphere it was able to create, not just in the context of the Thief series. So, that doesn't really surprise me.

It still doesn't mean that as a whole, Thief 3 wasn't a step back from the first two games in several areas. So the views are still both correct, even subjectively.

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Thief 3 was flawed, but it was still a good game; there are cool levels there other than the Cradle, although it's definitely the highlight. I can't remember the details right now (and can't Google them at the moment), but there's a mod that takes the cut-apart levels and glues them together, which addresses one of the big issues people had with the game.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Davoid wrote: »
    And I'm probably wrong here, because it was a good game, just not my thing: Skyward Sword almost killed my love of Zelda.

The controls turned me off just like the two DS Zelda games. Speaking of the handled Zeldas I was so glad they went back to d-pad and buttons for A Link Between Worlds on 3DS, which was damned excellent. I hope the same holds true for Zelda for Wii U.

(She/Her)
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »

See also Thief 3

The Cradle was extremely memorable and was done extremely well, it's actually one of the best crafted levels in gaming in terms of the atmosphere it was able to create, not just in the context of the Thief series. So, that doesn't really surprise me.

It still doesn't mean that as a whole, Thief 3 wasn't a step back from the first two games in several areas. So the views are still both correct, even subjectively.

I'm just saying, the first two games being so much better, surely there's another level at least nearly as good that would be able to serve as an example.

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    It's been ages since I played it myself, but The House of the Widow Moira is generally mentioned as a great level as well. Much more traditional than the Cradle, which is great precisely because it does something entirely different, but definitely great classic Thief gameplay IIRC.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    Cube World

To keep this thread from being locked: any particular reason?

Really promising indie game with a hyped launch and big financial success story, that abruptly lost all momentum immediately after going on sale and dropped off the face of the earth for reasons still unknown. One of the more inexplicable early access flops because by all accounts the project could have been a success, but the dev just gave up on it.