As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fear [The Walking Thread]]: Also fear SPOILERS, of which there are many in here!

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    Yeah that was garbage again. Do we have new writers this season?
    they act like they're going to be quick on their little expedition and then they just meander around forever until zombies show up

johnny franco had the most contrived fall into a ditch of all time

yKfWgSx.gif

the people on the boat see what's happening on land and go "OH MY GOD START THE SHIP YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE SHIP GOING IN FIVE MINUTES". Why? That shit is happening on land. You can't take the boat closer to land to rescue the smaller-boat people and you're in no danger where you are

why does james depp automatically know about antibiotics enough to be teaching the much older man with much more life experience about them? being a junkie doesn't make you know about antibiotics, but being old kinda does. it's like junkie kid picked the "medical knowledge" perk and now just inexplicably knows about Everything Drugs

old fella sends blonde mum to talk to strand because he thinks she'll be more diplomatic but then she's the least diplomatic person of all time and even once they come to what seems like an understanding she threatens to throw him overboard for no reason at all

strand gets a horribly context inappropriate and cringeworthy "HOW. LONG." cliche re the engine

was boat lady at the end's little speech about how "it will never be this bad again" an apology? are they promising it gets better after this
    barf. I liked most of the first season too

Haha, I didn't even watch this episode, but that gif is amazing in it's terribleness

I didn't think they could top Dale's death but they've proven me wrong once again.

Curse you, FOTWD!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I'm only two episodes in and this really does kinda suck...

I was somewhat interested in the first season...the slow realization that something is "up"...the riots on the street with random zombie attacks....the fenced in "safe zones" protected by the military filled with grumpy civvies...the secrect military medical facilities and holding cells...The execution was no good, but the scenarios were interesting. And now the military is napalming its own cities. OK, cool. The world is fucked but we know that already. This shit on the boat is annoying though. We've already learned that we don't really like the characters (Strand is kinda interesting in his suave mysteriousness though)...so show us more of the world falling apart! THAT's the FTWD that I want to see.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    I'm only two episodes in and this really does kinda suck...

I was somewhat interested in the first season...the slow realization that something is "up"...the riots on the street with random zombie attacks....the fenced in "safe zones" protected by the military filled with grumpy civvies...the secrect military medical facilities and holding cells...The execution was no good, but the scenarios were interesting. And now the military is napalming its own cities. OK, cool. The world is fucked but we know that already. This shit on the boat is annoying though. We've already learned that we don't really like the characters (Strand is kinda interesting in his suave mysteriousness though)...so show us more of the world falling apart! THAT's the FTWD that I want to see.

At this point isn't it essentially The Walking Dead?

I thought the whole gimmick was going to be the show taking place during the rise of the zombies.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I will start watching it again if they turn it into a zombie-themed Love Boat.

ZOMMMMMMbies! Exciting and new! Come aboard! They'll be eating you!

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    "Doc, come quick, Capt. Stubing just got bit!"

"Hold on now, Gopher. Can't you see I'm with a young lady?"

*cue laughtrack*

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So today's fear the walking dead
    was sadly better than the rest of the season
    It gave the back story to Strand, the pirates were kind of lame
    In all the last 2 were garbage

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    Yeah that was garbage again. Do we have new writers this season?
    they act like they're going to be quick on their little expedition and then they just meander around forever until zombies show up

johnny franco had the most contrived fall into a ditch of all time

yKfWgSx.gif

the people on the boat see what's happening on land and go "OH MY GOD START THE SHIP YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE SHIP GOING IN FIVE MINUTES". Why? That shit is happening on land. You can't take the boat closer to land to rescue the smaller-boat people and you're in no danger where you are

why does james depp automatically know about antibiotics enough to be teaching the much older man with much more life experience about them? being a junkie doesn't make you know about antibiotics, but being old kinda does. it's like junkie kid picked the "medical knowledge" perk and now just inexplicably knows about Everything Drugs

old fella sends blonde mum to talk to strand because he thinks she'll be more diplomatic but then she's the least diplomatic person of all time and even once they come to what seems like an understanding she threatens to throw him overboard for no reason at all

strand gets a horribly context inappropriate and cringeworthy "HOW. LONG." cliche re the engine

was boat lady at the end's little speech about how "it will never be this bad again" an apology? are they promising it gets better after this
    barf. I liked most of the first season too

Haha, I didn't even watch this episode, but that gif is amazing in it's terribleness

I was thinking about this scene and the later one where he is covered in blood and looks the zombie in the face. Nick has some insane death wish. It's his new drug, to go as far as he can but not die, not yet. The whole deal with the tents tonight, and the stuff from last episode makes him more interesting to me. If the show just followed him, alone, in this world, as he chased his newest addiction, it would be amazingly deep.

And nothing normal people would care about. But it's odd how deep he acts out his character.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Haven't seen May 1 episode, but I had to comment on the spoiler regarding two week's back episode. Specifically, that it's strange or unrealistic that Nick (the junkie) knows about prescription drugs. I would say their depiction is on the money. He's scammed this stuff recreationally, it's the one topic you WOULD expect him to know about. My friends who trend towards non-sober living know pretty much all the same things he mentioned in the scene.

Regarding the progress of the show, yeah... it's rough to terrible. While a few of the characters are watchable (Strand, Nick, Latin Dad) the others are in a "who's the worst" competition. Chris is strongly in the lead for now...

• Options
    I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I also find Nick transition from junkie to pharmacist believable. Who else knows better the effects of, and how to get high from, drugs you can pinch from your neighbors medicine cabinet? The junkie on the street also knows how to live outside the confines of society.

Strand was right in that someone with Nick's skillset has a lot of potential to be valuable in a zombie apocalypse.

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    I thought last night's episode was... kind of not bad? I actually think I might have liked it.

Faint praise to be sure, but it's still better than I usually regard the series.

Spoilery thoughts:
    Cold open was good. Nice to see Nick is being way more pragmatic after a handful of episodes than anyone in Ricks group is after seasons and seasons of experience. Strand's my favorite character so it was nice to flesh out his back story a bit. Lame pirates are lame so it was good to see them get taken out, although... pushing that suspension of disbelief really hard when we see someone pull off two headshots in quick succession on a speeding inflatable raft.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I also find Nick transition from junkie to pharmacist believable. Who else knows better the effects of, and how to get high from, drugs you can pinch from your neighbors medicine cabinet? The junkie on the street also knows how to live outside the confines of society.

Strand was right in that someone with Nick's skillset has a lot of potential to be valuable in a zombie apocalypse.

I think people underestimate the street value of antibiotics. Not huge sellers, but you can make a profit. Especially useful if you are say a drug user that doctors tend to hate treating and thus rarely go to them if you can help it.

Really the level of knowledge displayed is what I would expect of anyone who had to live on the fringes for a bit and still needed medical care. Those people who don't finish their medicine like to turn the "useless" doses into money.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Ok... so now we are ripping scenes from the Walking Dead Game. Great.

• Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Kirkman did an AMA got a few questions about finale boondoggle. Here is the summary page and it has link to the original text:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tabled/comments/4jnzzh/table_iama_im_robert_kirkman_my_new_show_outcast/

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Anyone watch that last episode of Fear? Hoo boy, I hope not

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I did and well
    LAME
    They killed Daniel he goes from Ex Central American enforcer/Barber to snapping and going out like a chump in a fire
    The druggie son desides he will stay with the cult as they are cool and get it {also why does he respect the dead but has no quams about gutting them for the zombie camo?
    Seriously just leave Chris to die out in the wild someone will put him down for your troubles.

How is Mexico better off in the zombie apocalypse than the US?
    I know the show is done on a budget but seriously going back to the boat is a bad idea

Going back to the pirates I thought it would have been scarier if it was a Coast Guard commander figuring out he is now the highest ranking officer in his area and with the collapse of society desides he is now the Law and everything is fair game in his kingdom

They have the firepower and the boats to pull it off better than some fishing warf

I will now stop ranting as really the show would be better if it showed the decent into the zombie apocalypse than doing it off camera while you deal with it's neat and tidy boarders

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I did and well
    LAME
    They killed Daniel he goes from Ex Central American enforcer/Barber to snapping and going out like a chump in a fire
    The druggie son desides he will stay with the cult as they are cool and get it {also why does he respect the dead but has no quams about gutting them for the zombie camo?
    Seriously just leave Chris to die out in the wild someone will put him down for your troubles.

How is Mexico better off in the zombie apocalypse than the US?
    I know the show is done on a budget but seriously going back to the boat is a bad idea

Going back to the pirates I thought it would have been scarier if it was a Coast Guard commander figuring out he is now the highest ranking officer in his area and with the collapse of society desides he is now the Law and everything is fair game in his kingdom

They have the firepower and the boats to pull it off better than some fishing warf

I will now stop ranting as really the show would be better if it showed the decent into the zombie apocalypse than doing it off camera while you deal with it's neat and tidy boarders
    The showrunners have implied Daniel was a fakeout and they're going to bring him back in season 3.

Which is kind of yet another perfect example of why the show is terrible.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    Fear is back, and nobody really cares. Myself included. Wasn't amused by the new episode really, though I suppose I like the new girl.

We all thought we were getting Walking Dead: LA and it looks like it's really Walking Dead: Mexico.

• Options
    I gave up on all of it after last season's finale of TWD.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Its on my PVR and I suppose I'll watch it eventually.

But is it true they don't go back to the boat? Dang. That was a really nice boat.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Its on my PVR and I suppose I'll watch it eventually.

But is it true they don't go back to the boat? Dang. That was a really nice boat.

No boat.

The entire episode was solely focused on that guy who covers himself in blood and stumbles around among zombies.

In a stunning plot twist, he spent the entire episode covered in blood and stumbling around among zombies.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Fear is like... do I want to put it on while playing grindy FTP cell phone games? Or would pure silence actually be better as a companion? Silence is starting to pull ahead...

• Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    John Cleese spoils recaps the entire walking dead season 1-6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU0eizwlejs
    Should be in the new OP when this thread gets taken out behind the shed.

Siska on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Latest season was just released on netflix.

Made me wonder again, why didn't they just firebomb the zombies when they were in the quarry? They were all extremely close together, and we've already seen that they are super flammable, so it seems like even a small fire in any part of the quarry would have spread to all of them?

The light of such a bonfire would probably bring in a few more zombies, but odds are that they would burn too, and even if not it'd be exchanging several thousand zombies for maybe a couple handfulls.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    #JustWalkingDeadThings?

Am I correct that the new season is this weekend?

• Options
    On Sunday, yes.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    #JustWalkingDeadThings?

Am I correct that the new season is this weekend?

Yeah. By the end of this thread, we should really find out
    who Negan killed

but unfortunately we'll have to wait until the next thread because of artificial pressuring and limits placed on the thread by forum execs.

Typical.

• Options
    Rewatching season 6 is reminding me just how little I give even a slightest damn about Morgan.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Season finale of FTWD actually wasn't bad. Definitely the best episode of an otherwise completely garbage series.

Also, there are big spoilers out around what happens in the premiere so be vigilant if you don't want to know what happened.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Be careful out there if you're spoiler-averse. The who was it mystery has been spoiled.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I am actually impressed it took this long. They did a pretty good job keeping it under wraps!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Ugh. How do they even get wind of it? Do people find the episode early somehow? I don't understand how that is possible.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    It has to be more than just seeing things happening on set, because the spoiling dead fans have the entire 1st episode detailed out scene by scene, and they were accurate the past couple seasons with the same things. Guessing somebody who works on the show is a leak.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Ugh. How do they even get wind of it? Do people find the episode early somehow? I don't understand how that is possible.

There's a buncha ways, most obvious is filming. Nerds pay attention to which actors are on set during the production block for particular episodes and sortof reverse engineer it into "Rick is in episode 1, 2, 4, 6" and so on. If a character is only seen on set for episode 1...

also this close to release the episode goes out to foreign affiliates who have to subtitle it, or just other stations needing a copy to air. One of them probably leaked it, confirming any rumours from people snooping on the filming.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I like how even the tiniest bit part actors in WD demand 40 bucks for an autograph at Walker Stalker Con.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Excited to watch the premiere and then be upset about the premiere!

In all seriousness it's nice to have my shows back on release schedules. WestWorld is a great new addition, I still need to catch up on Shameless, and TWD will be a welcome return.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Is the WD comic that hard to jump into if I want to just read the post issue 97 stuff?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    They're going to drag this shit out as long as they possibly can.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Well at least it wasn't the end of the episode

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

They went there.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    That was fucking well played.

This discussion has been closed.