As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fear [The Walking Thread]]: Also fear SPOILERS, of which there are many in here!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I hope Ricks people put an end to this moronic "I'm gonna go out for a walk!" nonsense too.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Destiny is making me think of the new villains as the House of Wolves

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Wouldn't it be great if Destiny had writing on par with The Walking Dead?

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Err, by locks I actually meant like ship locks or an airlock. Where you have an outer-facing set of doors, then a room, then an inner-facing set of doors.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I keep thinking back to Carol's speech to Pete and grinning.
    I could murder you right in your stupid face and nobody would blink! Make a move, pussy! Yeah, I thought so. Here's a pussy casserole for you, pussy. And make sure you give me back my fucking baking dish.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I could murder you right in your stupid face and nobody would blink! Make a move, pussy! Yeah, I thought so. Here's a pussy casserole for you, pussy. And make sure you give me back my fucking baking dish.

On TTD, Melissa McBride said, something to the effect of, "It was like I was handing him his balls on a casserole dish." I love Carol so much.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Wouldn't it be great if Destiny had writing on par with The Walking Dead?

And then if walking dead had the writing of breaking bad or game of thrones!

Unf

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    The more I thought about the finale last night, the more I liked it.
    I'm just really impressed at how almost nothing (except Pete himself) resolved the way it seemed to be headed, but the actual resolutions didn't feel out of left field. Everything developed organically.

Also, it's been mentioned that there were the three potential "redemption" storylines -- Gabriel, Nicholas, and Pete -- but I think Rick was pretty much in that boat, too. This whole storyline was written as Rick potentially going over the edge, and he managed to pull himself back from that. With help. Both Carl and Michonne seemed to get through to him a little. And rather than causing chaos -- swerving my expectations again -- the walkers that got in allowed Rick to make his point without having to use force. He may have killed Pete -- though on Deanna's go-ahead -- but I think Rick was definitely pulled back from the brink here.

• Options
    I am very curious as to how Jesse will relate to Rick after last night's episode.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    I am very curious as to how Jesse will relate to Rick after last night's episode.

Gonna go with... Babies. Lots of babies.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Regarding the new antagonists:
    Could the Wolves just be the two guys Morgan spared? They seem to have a good grasp on zombie wrangling and Carol basically took down Terminus by herself with a herd.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Regarding the new antagonists:
    Could the Wolves just be the two guys Morgan spared? They seem to have a good grasp on zombie wrangling and Carol basically took down Terminus by herself with a herd.

I get the impression
    They're the 3 exiles from Alexandria... but that doesn't really gel with them just now finding Aaron's welcome pack. They don't really seem analogous to (COMIC spoilers)
    Negan's Savior crew, who are the main antagonists to Alexandria
    just yet. Kinda different vibe, y'know?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WydrionWydrion Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I wonder how much they paid someone to name "Fear the Walking Dead".

I just have this image of TWD's writers sitting in a room with a computer with the homepage set to TvTropes and a bookmarked Google search for 'clichés' in the center of the table, but only one person's allowed to use it at a time.

I dunno. This show already misses more than it hits and now it's multiplying, in a time where there are other zombie shows beginning to appear. Is this just capitalizing on interest before it inevitably falls?

If this show had BB's or GoT's writing I think less people would watch it, to be honest.

But what do I know... It's their world we just live in it! lololol best writing lololol paycheck please

Wydrion on
  • Options
    Fear The Walking Dead is such a garbage title. It's what you'd call some webisodes, not a spinoff TV show. Go for some dumb synonym pun twist. Like the Living Collapse or something to do with viruses or something c'mon I'm not getting paid to do this AMC. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Will Chris Hardwick be hosting Fear the Talking Dead afterwards?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

I saw that scene as something different than Carol being nice, or even as Carol intimidating him, based on my personal experience having an Ed/Pete.
    Abusers like that, if you hand them their balls on a platter they don't back down. They come back later double down on rage and abuse. Anyone who has been in that type of situation knows it. Carol knows it.

To me it looked like Carol was deliberately winding Pete up in order to get him to do something so blatant that everyone in the community would realize Rick was right. She didn't know what it would be, or who would get hurt, but she knew he would do something, and she wanted him to in order to sway the community they way she needs it to go. Killing him herself wouldn't have accomplished that, even if she did say he had tried to hurt her. There would still be doubts.

Then at the meeting Pete shows up with a sword, and Rick takes a step to stop him before something bad happens. And Carol stops Rick. Because she wants something bad to happen so that everyone will come around to their way of thinking. And it works. Reg dies, everyone blames Pete, and Deanna gives the execute order.

That's how I saw it anyhow.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    I had it in simpler terms, but that works better
    I figured she just wanted an excuse to kill Pete, personally. She never really got closure on Ed, walkers got him. This is like her chance to stand up to her abusive husband, now that she's a card carrying certified badass.

Rick didn't get to kill him, the town was giving a middling response, and she has a zero tolerance policy on wife beaters for obvious reasons. Stars aligned and she has this great opportunity to fuck with someone she hates.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    @Decomposey That never occurred to me, but it makes a ton of sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I was thinking that Carol completely orchestrated that after it played out.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Anyone else notice that what Pete had was
    Michonnes Sword?

• Options
    I didn't realize it until she was putting it back at the end, but yeah.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I wonder if someone gave it to him or left it somewhere for him to easily see in order to facilitate the confrontation even more.

• Options
    I figure Drunk Pete thinks "I'll go talk to Michonne, she punched Rick, clearly she loves me or something" and she's not there, so he just takes it because drunk.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    They sure do love showing people riding motorcycles with the clutch lever engaged yet somehow accelerating.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I wonder if someone gave it to him or left it somewhere for him to easily see in order to facilitate the confrontation even more.
    I can see Carol walking by his house and just dropping it on the lawn.

"Oh this sword is so heavy, I'll just set it down for a second while I go find some man to help me carry it. I hope nobody takes it while I'm away! I hope nobody takes it over to the meeting where Rick will be all defenseless and unarmed! Especially someone like Pete, who might do something simply dreadful with it! Did you hear me, Pete, I said I hope you don't go stab Rick in the face. And you better fucking clean that baking dish Pete, I'm not even fucking kidding, I will choke a bitch if I get that thing back dirty."

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Pete's Weapon
    Was it Michonne's sword? I recall it looking like some sort of surgical saw when he was shown unsheathing it.

Edit:
    reVerse below with the answer

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Pete's Weapon
    Was it Michonne's sword? I recall it looking like some sort of surgical saw when he was shown unsheathing it.
    It is Michonne's katana. You can find the clip on Youtube for easy checking.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Holy shit
    Glenn's
    popularity armor

Can someone straighten something out for me? RE: Wolves
    The note in the car warns people not to stay. Who put that note there? Who spraypainted "Wolves near" (or whatever) on the car outside the trap? This is partially rhetorical, I suppose

Rius on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Rius wrote: »
    Holy shit
    Glenn's
    popularity armor

Can someone straighten something out for me? RE: Wolves
    The note in the car warns people not to stay. Who put that note there? Who spraypainted "Wolves near" (or whatever) on the car outside the trap? This is partially rhetorical, I suppose

Re the note:
    Since the car was one of the few places to hide out, odds are someone found themselves stuck in there, saw the wolves reactivate the sound system/reset the trap and pretty much figured that their time was up and that this may have been the plan all along. Good people don't usually set zombie death traps for where strangers will hope there is food,

Popularity armor in the finale:
    Knowing nothing about the comics, except for that they haven't had much bearing on when characters actually meet their end, I feel like they have the time and place for Glenn to die picked out already. Like all this is just some routine to get us used to him getting out of the craziest god damned situations on his own. And its going to be something so terribly mundane.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I can't figure out what kind of crazy the Wolves are. They're not just scavengers. They mutilate zombies … they have ritual sacrifices? Religious cult?

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Speculation regarding the wolves

I almost feel like it's some sick game of cat and mouse, the note, the stuff on the cars, etc.... There are rules to this world and to the game they play, but they have to, as they have a duty to. I didn't understand all that "what came before must come again" talk, but they feel what they are doing is a necessity.

But again, there are rules, these guys are the scream villains. They must adhere to the rules, traps, warnings, etc... the note and the signs were left by them, to give people a chance.

That or else there's one or two people in the wolves who know they're bat shit crazy and trying g to help, but I get A feeling they've left warnings for some sick crazy reason.

• Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular
    Decent finale I guess, but damn there were a few parts full of
    idiotic decisions that had me thinking "WTF are you doing?!" For example, Glenn sees Nick and didn't tell Maggie who was like 20 feet away "hey, Nick's climbing the wall, I better go see what's going on!." Also Rick spotting the open door, then running around quietly like a ninja looking for the walker(s.) He knew there was a town meeting, couldn't he have just ran by and yelled "someone left the door open, walkers got in, look out!!"

Anyway, aside from that it all worked out pretty nicely I thought, and it was cool to NOT have everyone die or everything go to shit for once. That being said it didn't quite feel as climactic as pretty much all of the previous finales have been. They better up their game for season 6.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Speculation regarding the wolves

I almost feel like it's some sick game of cat and mouse, the note, the stuff on the cars, etc.... There are rules to this world and to the game they play, but they have to, as they have a duty to. I didn't understand all that "what came before must come again" talk, but they feel what they are doing is a necessity.

But again, there are rules, these guys are the scream villains. They must adhere to the rules, traps, warnings, etc... the note and the signs were left by them, to give people a chance.

That or else there's one or two people in the wolves who know they're bat shit crazy and trying g to help, but I get A feeling they've left warnings for some sick crazy reason.
    the note was almost certainly NOT left by them as that makes the whole thing far less poignant

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Why are people thinking with regards to the opening.

That the two douche bags morgan beat up survived? I didn't get a great look at the two at the end of the episode, but morgan left the other ones tied up in a car and rang the dinner bell for zombos, they most likely got ate.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WydrionWydrion Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I can't figure out what kind of crazy the Wolves are. They're not just scavengers. They mutilate zombies … they have ritual sacrifices? Religious cult?

Zombie Fruit/Dance parties, obviously.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

That the two douche bags morgan beat up survived? I didn't get a great look at the two at the end of the episode, but morgan left the other ones tied up in a car and rang the dinner bell for zombos, they most likely got ate.

Were the ones at the end the same as the ones at the start? I am bad at particular kinds of facial recognition so I do not know

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Here is my speculation on The Wolves

slightly barely just a bit influenced by comics though
    It's just going to be a few dudes. They took their stupidity too far and instead of trying to survive like normal people they are out and abound terrorizing their part of the world because they think they can get away with it since they haven't ran into anyone as capable as Rick's crew or even Morgan. The Wolves will present themselves and get absolutely slaughtered by the real big bad of the next season.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I very much believed it was
    the same two guys at the end with Red Poncho. I think they looked similar and oneof them saying the "just be still" line seemed to point back to the same guy from the open. Yes, it could be just a Wolf thing that they all say, but it would make a ton more sense that repeating the line like that within the episode would be used to help the viewer connect that it was the same guy again.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular
    I thought it was
    the same two guys. Pretty sure that's the case.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Were the ones at the end the same as the ones at the start? I am bad at particular kinds of facial recognition so I do not know

I'm almost positive that the one looking at the photos at the end was the one that sat down with Morgan at the beginning.

They kept his face hidden but he had the same hair and build.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
This discussion has been closed.