As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Now I have a [movies] thread, ho ho ho

19495969798100»

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    There has never been a good deus ex game

Brother!

Actually I never played 1 and 2, but Human Revolution is shit

Also the movie theaters on Christmas is a great plan, because most people are off and it's easy to get groups of people together to go see a movie

I've been doing a double feature every Christmas Day since 2004

This year I think it's gonna be The Interview and Annie

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Who do we even have as the closest approximate to Fred Rogers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BThRZbCs-p8

I love that man.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Who do we even have as the closest approximate to Fred Rogers?

Levar Burton?

Bob from Sesame Street?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Measuring up to someone like Fred Rogers would be a Herculean task in the world we live in today.

You have to be a role model, inspiration, and friend to nearly all. You have to treat your body like a temple and others like they are family.

And you have to do so in an industry that breaks people apart.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Fred was able to do what he did because he got started long before television became the ferocious beast that it is today.

No one could really accomplish what he did now, the way he did it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't like the intro to that colbert video

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I had my first sex dream about Mr. Hooper on Sesame Street...at least I think it was a sex dream. He was...choking me.

• msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    I... Uh... Wow...

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's a line from an episode of Scrubs.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Carmike Theatres just pulled The Interview from their Christmas slates

wusses

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Just as the movie should not be automatically pulled because it is a theater's right to show the movie, it is just as much a right of the theater to elect not to show the film

I don't like a theater pulling the film for this reason but I can totally understand and respect their decision

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

goddammit now i am failing to remember how to find that 'let play the days ex' video

uc3ufTB.png
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Obviously I played that game the wrong way.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I am literally clapping my hands at the pun in the title.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    this took entirely too much time sifting through actual let's plays to find
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDqLT6fbqFw

uc3ufTB.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I am literally clapping my hands at the pun in the title.

yeah the video is okay but the title is...well, let's say it's pure gold

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I think... I think Battle of the Five Armies was just a bad movie.

Poorly shot, edited, inconsistent tone in a jarring way, not good fights. Just... not a good movie.

I feel pretty bummed out having watched it.

• FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So what I'm hearing is that I should wait on seeing Into the Woods

that Christmas Day is a bad day to take my family to the movies

you shouldn't see movies on Christmas Day because making people work on Christmas is awful

Working on Christmas ain't so bad

Double pay, everyone's super nice to you out of pity, and business tends to be slow and easy

It's not ideal, but it's hardly awful

Movie theatres are exempt from holiday pay. We do not get paid any more to work holidays. Plus these days Christmas Day is one of the single busiest days of the year.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
This discussion has been closed.