As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Secret Shining Knight] All gifts delivered!

Secret Shining KnightSecret Shining Knight Sir YstinCastle RevolvingRegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in Graphic Violence
The Harrowing. It is upon us. The Sheeda, a plague from all times and all places, will strip this world to the soul.

But we can stand against them. We can fight back with --

Ystin-header_zps55246770.jpg

The cold chill of winter brings with it a tide from beyond. Camelot has fallen to them time and time again, and in this day, Camelot - Graphic Violence, as you know it - again faces danger. It can be stemmed, but there is only one way: with good will and holiday cheer. So let us stand together! Let us deliver gifts upon our comrades-in-arms! Let us form a bulwark of joy so strong that it cannot be toppled!

Let's send each other gifts. If you are interested in participating and thwarting Gloriana Tenebrae, here are some dates to keep in mind:

DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: December 3rd - SIGNUPS ARE OVER, GIFT RECIPIENTS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED

DEADLINE TO SEND GIFTS: January 31st

ALL GIFTS HAVE BEEN SENT AND RECEIVED!

Valiant Participants
Delduwath (sent a gift) (received a gift)
cardboard delusions (sent a gift) (received a gift)
TexiKen (sent a gift) (received a gift)
Munch (sent a gift) (received a gift)
SatanIsMyMotor (sent a gift) (received a gift)
Nogs (sent a gift) (received a gift)
grim123 (sent a gift) (received a gift)
Grifter (sent a gift) (received a gift)

And here are the steps to take:
1) Post in this thread, declaring your intent to participate. This must be done before December 3rd.
2) Private Message me, Secret Shining Knight, your name and address, along with any special instructions you have for your secret gift giver; perhaps you only want digital comics, or perhaps the gift has to be delivered in a specific time window, etc. This must also be done before December 3rd.
3) (Optional) Post in this thread what comics you already have, what comics you want, what comics you absolutely under no circumstances will accepts, anything that will help your secret gift giver figure out what to get you.
4) On December 4th, you will receive the name of another participant. At that point, it will be your task to figure out what gift will put the biggest smile upon that person's face, and send it to them!
5) Post in this thread when you send out presents, so that we are kept in the loop.
6) Definitely post in this thread to brag about the presents you've received when you get them.

Now, let us ride!
finisher_zpseaa30891.jpg

Ystin-sword_zps5db4f76c.jpg
Secret Shining Knight on

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I'm totally in.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I'm in - let's do this guys!

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I'm up for it!

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    @Delduwath bullied me into joining, so fiiiiiiine, I'm in.

Hope y'all like old Marvel Swimsuit Specials.

• Options
    Hey, the mandatory fun is entirely voluntary!

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Alright. Count me in this year.

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    I'm in, as always

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Secret Shining KnightSecret Shining Knight Sir Ystin Castle RevolvingRegistered User regular
    A reminder to this realm's defenders that when the clock strikes midnight on Wednesday eve, Castle Revolving will shift through the Bleedstream, taking us all to a world where signing up for Secret Shining Knight will no longer be possible! If you would like to participate, please enter before then!

And a secondary reminder: In order to carry out the anchoring ritual that will secure us in this chronospace, making the gift exchange possible, I will require your secret identities, as well as the locations of your secret bases. So far, only one brave defender of the realm provided me with this information - please, do not tarry too long!

• Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    I'm In

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Am I too late? If not, I'd like to be in.

• Options
    Secret Shining KnightSecret Shining Knight Sir Ystin Castle RevolvingRegistered User regular
    You are never too late, @Grifter. Time is malleable, and "December 3rd" can mean so many things. You are in.

• Options
    I should also mention that due to my being a newcomer to this plane, the powers that be do not give me free rein to edit the OP. I will update it when possible by making appeals to one @The Geebs That Got Bigtimed, but even if you don't see your name listed in the OP, do not worry: I see all. If you posted in the thread, you're in.

• Options
    Awesome. I sent you a PM with my address.

Here's a wishlist of comic books that I'd like. http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2HOFUWODVYWEL/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o?&sort=rank

Of course, I'm always open to stuff too. Last year I received some great books that I really enjoyed. I haven't been buying as much this year so I'm sure there's a lot that's come out that I don't know about right now.

I'll post some pictures of the books that I own later.

• Options
    Dear soldiers of victory! I have been made whole, and can now edit posts. Which I have done to the OP.

Signups are over! I will send out giftee assignments later today.

Please make sure you send me your address, if you still haven't! I can do the assignments without them, but if I don't have your address, you won't get your gift!

• Options
    Giftees have been assigned! Please let me know if you have any questions about your assignment, or if something looks off, or anything like that.

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    here's my wishlist, if you want to peruse the type of books i like/want/wish/etc.

http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3QNWZKRV2GJVO

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Dear Secret Santa! I was going to put up a list of all the comics I own this past weekend, but ended up not having the time for it. Tomorrow, though, it's happening. For realsies. I even put it into my calendar, so you know it's for real.

• Options
    My Wishlist is below:
    I've sort of been out of the loop with Marvel superhero comics save for the X-Men and Hickman Avengers stuff, and wouldn't mind cathing up on the Loki or Ms. Marvel or Star Lord or Winter Soldier series (no Captain Marvel please)

I wouldn't mind some Image books that aren't Manhattan Projects, Velvet, Zero, or East of West (already read those). I've only read the first two volumes of Chew so anything after that would be gravy. With Walking Dead I stopped reading regularly around the 115 area, and have all the Locke & Key volumes

When it comes to DC int eh past year I haven't been paying attention to anything outside of Superman/WW and Azzarello's WW, so if something is good there I'm cool with it.

Really I'm cool with anything that seems to be a good story, no matter where it's from. If it has dogs in it I'm happier.

• Options
    Dear Secret Santa, here are all the graphic novels/trades that I own:
    (Paul Pope's) 100%
    20th Century Boys
    365 Samurai and a Few Bowls of Rice
    99 Ways to Tell a Story: Exercises in Style
    A + X
    Acme Novelty Library
    Action Philosophers
    Adventure Time
    Agents of Atlas
    All-Star Superman
    Amazing Joy Buzzards
    American Splendor
    Amulet
    American Born Chinese
    The Anchor
    Animal Man (Morrison)
    Annihilation
    The Annotated Mantooth
    Asterios Polyp
    Atomic Robo
    Banana Sunday
    The Big Book of Barry Ween
    Arkham Asylum
    Batman: Dark Victory
    Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
    Batman: Knight and Squire
    Batman: The Long Halloween
    Batman: Year One
    Batman: Year 100
    Batman and Son
    Batman R.I.P.
    Batman: the Return of Bruce Wayne
    Batwoman: Elegy
    Beasts of Burden
    Beautiful Creatures: the Manga
    Black Hole
    Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
    Blue Bloods
    Bone
    Boxers and Saints
    Building Stories (Chris Ware's box 'o' comics)
    Captain America (Brubaker's run)
    Casanova
    Calling Dr. Laura
    Chew
    Chronicles of Wormwood
    Conan
    Criminal
    Daredevil (Mark Waid's run)
    Daytripper
    Doctor 13: Architecture & Mortality
    Doom Patrol (Morrison's run)
    The Engineer: Konstruct
    Ex Machina
    Fables
    Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser
    Fantastic Four (Hickman's Run)
    FF(Hickman)
    Fell
    Final Crisis
    The Five Fists of Science
    Flight
    Flex Mentallo
    Ghost Rider (Jason Aaron's run)
    Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War
    The Goon
    G-Man
    Hack/Slash: First Cut
    Harry 20: On the High Rock
    Hawkeye (Fraction)
    Hellboy
    High Roads
    Hitman
    The Homeland Directive
    I Kill Giants
    Immortal Iron Fist (Fraction + Brubaker's run)
    The Incal
    Incredible Hercules
    Iron West
    Jimmy Corrigan the Smartest Kid on Earth
    JLA (Morrison's run)
    JSA Presents: Stars and STRIPE
    Ka-Zar (Waid's run)
    Kickback
    King City
    Kingdom: The Promised Land + Call of the Wild
    Kingdom Come
    Korgi
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    The Life and Times of Scroodge McDuck
    Level Up
    Little Vampire
    Locke & Key
    Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers
    The Losers
    Lucifer
    Maintenance
    Maus
    Mighty Skullboy Army
    Mini-Marvels
    Mesmo Delivery
    Monster Zoo
    Mort: a Discworld Big Comic
    Mouse Guard
    Multiple Warheads
    Mysterius the Unfathomable
    New Frontier
    New Invaders: To End All Wars
    The Nightly News
    Northlanders
    Nova
    Orc Stain
    The Order
    Owly
    Pax Romana
    Penny Arcade print volumes
    Phonogram 1 + 2
    Planetary
    Promethea
    Prophet: Remission
    Proof
    Punisher Max
    Queen & Country
    Robotika
    Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter, The Outfit, The Score
    Saga
    Sam & Max Surfin' the Highway
    Sandman
    Scarlet Spider
    Scott Pilgrim
    Scott McCloud's books on comics
    Scud the Disposable Assassin: The Whole Shebang
    Secret Six
    Seven Soldiers of Victory (Morrison)
    The Shaolin Cowboy Adventure Magazine
    Shazam: The Monster Society of Evil
    Spider-Man: Reign
    Starman Omnibus
    Suburban Glamour
    Superman Birthright
    Swamp Thing (Alan Moore's run)
    Tale of Sand
    Avengers Disassembled: Thor
    The Mighty Thor (Walt Simonson's omnibus)
    Top 10
    Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers
    Transhuman
    Transmetropolitan
    Tumor
    Ultimates
    Umbrella Academy
    The Unwritten
    V for Vendetta
    Vimanarama
    Vision Machine
    Road to War of Kings
    War of Kings
    War of Kings: Warriors
    Watchmen
    Who Is Jake Ellis?
    Wolverine: Get Mystique
    Wonton Soup
    Astonishing X-Men (Whedon's run)
    New X-Men (Morrison's Run)
    Y: The Last Man

In terms of loose singles, you can probably safely assume that I own every major event from both DC and Marvel from the last 10 years. Likewise, I own all the Avengers everywhere, Iron Mans, Thors, and tie-ins for those. Really, there's too much to list, I'm afraid. Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, East of West, Wonder Woman, Uber, Zero, Trees, Sex Criminals; in conclusion, the list goes on.

If you would like some specific hints, here's some things that I'd like to read, but still haven't:
    1) Kieron Gillen's X-Men stuff. This is strange, because I have pretty much everything else that he's written.
    2) I stopped reading Gerry Duggan's Deadpool after a handful of issues because it wasn't really drawing me in. I'm a huge Deadpool fan (literally started buying comics regularly because of "Cable & Deadpool"), and it kind of pains me to not be reading his latest series. Is it any good? Will it wash away the taste of Daniel Way's Deadpool? I wouldn't mind reading that.
    3) Uncanny Avengers is the one Avengers I don't have, yet want to read. I hear it does good things?
    4) I kinda stopped following Batman soon after Morrison finished his run. Specifically, I think it was after the Court of Owls storyline (issue #12 was the last I bought, I think). Some of the later storylines I read about (like the one where Joker's face is cut off) just kind of grossed me out and didn't sound like something I'd be interested in seeing from a Batman story. However, there are like a dozen Batman-related series running now, right? I picked up Arkham Manor, and that seems cool. Maybe there's some other current Batman stuff that would sit well with me?

But, really, what I would like most is that weird, obscure book that no one else knows about, but you love. I'm all for having my horizons broadened, and being introduced to cool new stuff. Especially if it's not mainstream stuff that I might come across myself.

• Options
    Good god. There's no way I can list out all of my trades/books.

Here's my wishlist: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=nav_wish_list

I've read very little in terms of DC since the New 52. Generally, I'm a big Image fan. Art books, etc.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    My list is pretty easy, I pick up the Marvel stuff I want weekly or buy the digital codes. Mostly indie stuff I'm lacking: http://amzn.com/w/P4R91SI7YV1Q

• Options
    Those buying off Amazon you can get 25% off one book today with BOOKDEAL25

• Options
    I HAVE DISPATCHED GIFTS INTO THE AETHER!

• Options
    It has also come to my attention that I am not a smart man and do not know how to post my wishlist.
    Have at thee! http://www.amazon.ca/registry/wishlist/TB9OOV6XR2RY

• Options
    Here's my wishlist, yo. Anyone wishing to look deep into my psyche, peruse that list. Shit gets weird, a few pages in.

• Options
    I've placed an order. Apparently, an item will not be arriving until January. Not my fault. It's even sold by Amazon.

• Options
    On Friday, I arrived home to find that a FedEx package missed me while I was out. Oh no! Now I'll never get that Charles Atlas illustrated book that I gambled a stamp on! Or the gift from my Secret Shining Knight, whatever.

But worry not! Due to an industrial accident at an hourglass factory years ago, I became imbued with the power of the chronoclysm, able to manipulate time at the granularity of sand. I simply made Friday happen again on Saturday, and lo! received my fabulous gift - for that is what it was - from one @cardboard delusions‌! Let me show you it.
    IMG_20141213_171612291_zpse529d012.jpg
    Black Science!
    IMG_20141213_171646251_HDR_zpsd7b28bb1.jpg
    Uncanny Avengers!
    IMG_20141213_171719834_zpsa88ad204.jpg
    Rat Queens!
    IMG_20141213_171730624_zps200c4770.jpg
    Pretty Deadly!
    IMG_20141213_171742651_zps3ea2ca26.jpg
    DC Comics: Zero Year! (My apologies for the horrendous light reflections in the photo. In retrospect, I should have taken the shrinkwrap off.)

Thank you so much, @cardboard delusions‌! This is all extremely awesome, and I am very excited to read all this stuff!

• Options
    You were not easy to shop for, your list was quite impressive. I stopped reading Batman at Year Zero so you'll have to let me know how it is!

• Options
    Yeah, I don't think about it much, but I have an entire bookcase of trades, one filled long-box and a couple short-boxes, and probably several long-boxes' worth of comics just lying around in stacks, waiting for me to get off my ass and organize it all.

This stuff really builds up over a decade.

Anyway, the point is, you navigated the gauntlet set forth by my collection admirably! Thank you!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Sent my gifts, you should get them Friday hopefully.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    I've also dispatched my gifts. They should get there by Friday.

• Options
    Apparently, one group of books has been delayed and another is now supposed to be delivered on Friday.

• Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    getting box together to mail out hopefully tomorrow, Monday at the latest :/

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hear ye! Hear ye! @Grifter is the man and has gifted me with the gifts of Sex, Guns, and cool ladies with swords!
    I came home from a BRUTAL week of travel to find an Amazon box on my doorstep containing Vol 1 of Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, annnnd Pretty Deadly.

The funny irony being that the lounge I was in @ LAX last night was infested with rats - so Rat Queens is very timely.

Thanks so much @Grifter. This is awesome and much appreciated. Merry Krimbus!

• Options
    You should be receiving one more book tomorrow according to my Amazon.ca order tracking.... I mean according to what Santa told me.

• Options
    You, sir, are too generous!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Thanks a ton, @TexiKen‌ ! I got the books and they all look awesome
    Hawkeye - My Life as a Weapon
    Hawkeye - Little Hits
    Black Widow - The Finely Woven Thread
    Rat Queens - Sass & Sorcery
    East of West - Two
    Saga - Two
    Pretty Deadly - One

I've been wanting to read a bunch of these for a while now and Black Widow looks like a really cool book too!

SecretShining.png

Grifter on
  • Options
    Black Widow should click if either Hawkeye or Pretty Deadly work for you. If anything the art is absolutely gorgeous.

Enjoy!

• Options
    I'm gathering together the components of my gift. I should be sending it out this weekend, or Monday at the latest.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Black Widow should click if either Hawkeye or Pretty Deadly work for you. If anything the art is absolutely gorgeous.

Enjoy!

I read through about half of Pretty Deadly last night and I've been really enjoying it.