As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] MRCHI RecruitmeOHGOD WE ARE BEING INVADED (March 2016)

• Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    @Ellthiteren‌ I just sent you a PM :)

Got it, trial invite sent. Get in MRCHI ASAP!

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    This may sound like a dumb question, but is there a certain server I should be on? The launcher says I'll be on Tranquility

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    Your options are Tranquility.

Singularity is the test server, and there is a server in China called Serenity. To get onto Serenity you need to register using your Chinese citizen ID, but they don't actually verify the ID so as long as the number you give them is in a valid format, your good. You also need to go through their Chinese distributor, who only takes payment in CNY or time cards specific to Serenity. You can probably find a reseller for those timecards willing to work in USD. Of course, the client is completely in Chinese, but there used to be a hack that localized the entire thing into English. Things are really weird on Serentiy; the political landscape is radically different which has lead to an economy that is massively different.

Point being, unless you've been really creative in how you joined EVE, you're on the right server.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Wow, I'm digging this so far. It's nothing like what I thought it was. My character’s name is Dex Lucas and I'm sending my application to Merch Industrial now.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    MordraMordra Registered User regular
    Got booted a couple weeks ago for being inactive. Can I get back in? I am intermittently active depending on what is going on outside game. I'll send the application this evening.

pilot: Oreowookie

mordra.png
  • Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    So, I fell out of EVE quite a while back, played back in 2007ish with Merch Industrial and I've actually got a hankering to get back into it again. So I'm going to PM @Ellthiteren‌ for an invite. Hopefully a long out of practice guy can be of use again somehow.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Wow, I'm digging this so far. It's nothing like what I thought it was. My character’s name is Dex Lucas and I'm sending my application to Merch Industrial now.

Awesome! Get in, get on jabber, pm me if you have trouble with that.
    Mordra wrote: »
    Got booted a couple weeks ago for being inactive. Can I get back in? I am intermittently active depending on what is going on outside game. I'll send the application this evening.

Edit: Well, we'll probably let you back in. But as far as I can tell, you have never been "active" in any sense. You have somehow been in MRCHI on and off for 6 years without killing a single ship, and with your only losses as PvE ships, on both of your characters. I've looked back quite a ways and I don't think you've ever been on a fleet, either. That seems questionable to me. If there are alts I'm not aware of, send me a PM. If you remain inactive, you'll probably get purged again by the end of the month, so make sure you can actually do stuff this time!
    So, I fell out of EVE quite a while back, played back in 2007ish with Merch Industrial and I've actually got a hankering to get back into it again. So I'm going to PM @Ellthiteren‌ for an invite. Hopefully a long out of practice guy can be of use again somehow.

PM sent. Recall codes are no longer a thing but you can always do a trial!

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Alright, I've always kinda wanted to give this a shot what with all the crazy stories I hear.

Bright Asuna applying to Merch industrial.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    Omega2112Omega2112 GW2 AKA: Robocow, Veristia Reaven Registered User regular
    My character's name is Omega2112, and I'd like to rejoin Merch Industrial. I played back when we were temporarily SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO. Fortunately, I'm still in Goon territory.

• Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    Alright, my character's name is Vanir, and I'd like to rejoin Merch Industrial!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    8 more days till T2 Skrimish boosts. Itll be like a christmas miracle/

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    If you just joined, I highly recommend attending any of Sirhan Blixt's WTF 101 Fleets. He is Pacific Timezone and I know him personally... stand up guy.

The next WTF 101 is coming up soon, hell I might even come fly if we have newbies there:

Newbies and (bitter-)vets, learn WTF on 12/21 at 1900 EVE (11am Pacific) time and ring in the new solstice or whatever that pagan thing is.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/187182-1221-sun-1900-eve-newbie-training-wtf-101/?p=7445610

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    Sirhan Blixt's newbie fleets are quite entertaining. The last time I attended, we jumped into the next system while chasing a neutral, I put up a bubble, we caught and killed him, and then the entire fleet died to the pirate NPCs on the gate because woops, it was an incursion system! And I got on all of the killmails. UhjyoUY.gif

Seriously though, they are a good time, and he's pretty reliable about scheduling them. If you want to try out EVE, you could create a trial as late as 2-3 days in advance, join MRCHI, and show up for his newbie fleet on the 21st.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    One time I kept myself awake until 3am to go on one of these fleets and it was worth the effort. I highly recommend them

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    One time I kept myself awake until 3am to go on one of these fleets and it was worth the effort. I highly recommend them

I think you should totally do that again. :bzz:

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Devblog about the holiday gifts everyone is receiving this year: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/happy-holidays-from-ccp-1/

Of particular note, anyone who has an account active between now and January 11, 2015 can get 20 free days of multi-character training per account.

For new players, this means that you can train two characters during your trial account! This is an awesome thing!

• Options
    Devblog about the holiday gifts everyone is receiving this year: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/happy-holidays-from-ccp-1/

Of particular note, anyone who has an account active between now and January 11, 2015 can get 20 free days of multi-character training per account.

For new players, this means that you can train two characters during your trial account! This is an awesome thing!

One of the special edition items even makes fun of Merch Industrial's own "dabigredboat" (AKA "The butcher of Asakai").

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Ship redesigns continue, flying armor logistics gets even more awesome:

ExequrorHullRedesign.jpg

• Options
    Who doesnt make fun of boat?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    The new Exequror is looking damn sexy for a symmetrical ship.

• Options
    Lochiel wrote: »
    The new Exequror is looking damn sexy for a symmetrical ship.

FTFY

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Who doesnt make fun of boat?

you mean this guy?
    OaICOvy.jpg

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Joined fleet, undock, targets vanished, get paplink without even leaving system. Woot!

Fleet reforms as a roam, and we go through a wormhole to Providence to poke ProviBlock. Their response fleet severely outnumbers us, and so we call in reinforcements.

Get the wife to log in and join her first GSF fleet ever, as part of the rescue fleet. Wife's Rescue fleet get's to Provi, we ready on both sides of the target system with the hostile fleet... and simultaneously jump in to find they had logged of.

Wife loved being a part of the rescue, had a blast dicking around Provi even if we didn't get kills. All in all, was a good time.

Lochiel on
  • Options
    I was expecting the story to end with boat jumping in caps and losing them all.

• Options
    Boat somehow knew that ProviBlock wasn't going to fight us, and as wouldn't lower himself to Leeroy into them.

• Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Howdy folks, my character name is Hawk Beard. Applying for MRCHI.

Been lurking in this forum for years, and post infrequently. I have also been lurking Eve for years. Played beta, didn't grab me, played a few years ago, didn't grab me. But always wanted to break through that damn vertical learning curve. Hope third time is the charm.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    Unicron80 wrote: »

Been lurking in this forum for years, and post infrequently. I have also been lurking Eve for years. Played beta, didn't grab me, played a few years ago, didn't grab me. But always wanted to break through that damn vertical learning curve. Hope third time is the charm.

Excellent! I will poke one of the people with recruitment roles to accept your application ASAP.

• Options
    Unicron80 wrote: »

You have now been invited to join MRCHI; do this - http://i.imgur.com/uTir98k.png - to accept the invitation and join the corporation. Then follow the rest of the OP to get signed up with various forums/services/etc. We'll look forward to seeing you on MRCHI jabber soon!

• Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    You have now been invited to join MRCHI; do this - http://i.imgur.com/uTir98k.png - to accept the invitation and join the corporation. Then follow the rest of the OP to get signed up with various forums/services/etc. We'll look forward to seeing you on MRCHI jabber soon!

Awesome. Ran into a weird error where the API submission to goonfleet still shows me with no corporation/alliance. Tried a few things, didn't work. Headed to bed, will hit it tomorrow and hopefully it will sort itself out. Thanks.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    RanaVexRanaVex Registered User regular
    Mordra wrote: »

Spy

i24ljphx1z1q.jpg
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    My EVE character’s name is Kel Varson and I am applying to Merch Industrial!

• Options
    Yall wrote: »

Fleshreaper sighted!

• Options

Fleshreaper sighted!

Did you guys Merge Fleshreaper and Merch, or are they separate entities?

• Options

Fleshreaper sighted!

Did you guys Merge Fleshreaper and Merch, or are they separate entities?

I don't remember the exact history, since I wasn't there, but TheKoolEagle or someone else can probably explain.

Your application has been accepted, by the way!

• Options
    Nice - thanks!

For the time being I'm focusing on mining. Does the corp have any specific needs? I'm sticking to high security asteroid belts with my ORE ship. I can get about 600K ISK for a full load of Scordite after I refine it.

• Options
    Nice - thanks!

For the time being I'm focusing on mining. Does the corp have any specific needs? I'm sticking to high security asteroid belts with my ORE ship. I can get about 600K ISK for a full load of Scordite after I refine it.

600K per load... tell you what.

Press the accept button on your MRCHI app. You'll join us, and get all our wardecs. Don't undock until you've set your med bay clone to YA0. (I assume MRCHI has offices in YA0, too lazy to check). Buy the biggest ship with the most guns you can afford. (catalyst with blasters is best) Warp to a belt where you know there are miners. Target them. Turn your saftey to Red. Shoot them.

If you record it and post it to YouTube, I'll pay you 100M isk.
    If you get a kill I will pay you 100M.

(If you do this, but don't get a kill and fail to upload to YT, I'll give you 50M just for trying)

If you don't get podded, choose the self destruct option to pod yourself and join us in the Good Land Deklein where you will be given a ship and thrown into a fleet and sent off to wage war for the glory of something or the other. I get distracted during the propaganda speeches, so I'm not sure why we do anything.

But once you get to Deklein and get on Jabber, we'll get you set up so that you can mine all you want, or do exploration, or rat, or production, or whatever. But first, get your ass to Mars. Er, Deklein.

• Options
    Lochiel wrote: »
    Nice - thanks!

600K per load... tell you what.

Press the accept button on your MRCHI app. You'll join us, and get all our wardecs. Don't undock until you've set your med bay clone to YA0. (I assume MRCHI has offices in YA0, too lazy to check). Buy the biggest ship with the most guns you can afford. (catalyst with blasters is best) Warp to a belt where you know there are miners. Target them. Turn your saftey to Red. Shoot them.

If you record it and post it to YouTube, I'll pay you 100M isk.
    If you get a kill I will pay you 100M.

(If you do this, but don't get a kill and fail to upload to YT, I'll give you 50M just for trying)

If you don't get podded, choose the self destruct option to pod yourself and join us in the Good Land Deklein where you will be given a ship and thrown into a fleet and sent off to wage war for the glory of something or the other. I get distracted during the propaganda speeches, so I'm not sure why we do anything.

But once you get to Deklein and get on Jabber, we'll get you set up so that you can mine all you want, or do exploration, or rat, or production, or whatever. But first, get your ass to Mars. Er, Deklein.

LOL - sold to the gentleman from Deklein for 100M ISK.

I'm working for a few more hours and have band camp tonight, but this is my very next priority for the weekend.

• Options
    By the way, what are the cool kids using these days to cap video? FRAPS? OBS?

• Options
    I understand that https://obsproject.com/ is the new hotness.

• Options
    RanaVexRanaVex Registered User regular
    I go with Lochiel and reward this awesome action with a 50M and a faction frig like Harpy or Jaguar for you, cause I'm space poor, but I love shenanigans.

i24ljphx1z1q.jpg
This discussion has been closed.