As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] MRCHI RecruitmeOHGOD WE ARE BEING INVADED (March 2016)

• Options
    ChrisRidealChrisRideal Registered User new member
    Hello (:

Merch Industrial members come from a forum based on the Penny Arcade webcomic.

The merch is very sick.

The fleshreaper flies around from house to house collecting torsos.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Definitely a spy, a true MerchI would never be so well informed

• Options
    Hello everyone applying to Merch Industrial...

Hopefully your not wasting your time reading my post but instead out in eve doing something useful cough!!...

EVE Name: ChrisRideal

[My Focus in your corp}: Is to build a future to pvp and have fun and when the time comes go hard core on anyone trying to hurt our corporation tell i'm poded, i will even fly in to them with my pod lol, no really you cant just stop at your pod its war everyone goes, i mean to join a community where we can work together to benefit each other as well as learn your ways I’m good in many things all ways working the corp's industrial and supplying the corp with any minerals it needs i bring a friendship a new friendly community member all ways walling to do what every it takes to helping each other, doing my duty in the corp because without community's there would be mayhem no order in the sort of friendly place we call eve, i can only show you my best and that's all i ever do, we can never stop learning in eve, every step takes time but you have to know when to make the right move, I've all ways been interested in joining your corporation, i'm a hard worker in every aspect of the game, i'm all ways ready to do anything it takes to do my duty in the corp i'm a friendly guy if your not my enemy then i might say hello, oh wait let me not lie i love ruining peoples day but expect my corps day cough.. no really i love you guys this time i'm not lying nudge wink wink.

The regards apply to some people, Regards Chris.

I enjoy flying around things, that's my thing nothing much but space shooting.... and much more but we will leave the other part for later i cant tell you everyone on the first time, that's just teasing... i would not say i'm special that's for you to decide i'm not being sponsored....

I look forward to joining your corporation some times It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light, In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory, Keep your eyes on the stars, and your enemy's on your mind, Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope because if we don't believe we can change the galaxy, then your not crazy enough..

Fly Safe O7

Hello (:

Merch Industrial members come from a forum based on the Penny Arcade webcomic.

The merch is very sick.

The fleshreaper flies around from house to house collecting torsos.

Regards Chris.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    He's working so hard at this, you guys. Obviously he's not a spy

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Nope, fuck this guy. Stop letting spies in.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I thought the gimmick was calling long time PA members spies and giving obvious spies high-level roles?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Usually when we have too much stuff and need some of it stolen, yes.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    Drain wrote: »
    Nope, fuck this guy. Stop letting spies in.

Don't worry I think we're going to pass on this one, citing "lack of cultural fit." I think FCON might work better.

• Options
    Do not dwell in the past if you ever believed there was a spie in the corporation, but if your opinion is stuck on the spie scenario i will sit back and watch the show, but trust is hard, so here's my opinion, i'm not a spie, believe it or not that's your choice nudge nudge wink wink believe me :? .. love you guys.... :P no really im not a spie.

If i fail so be it, i will carry on my path playing eve and watching the boat show :D
    if i pass i be happy guys love is a strong word, guys come on haha...

Awesome forum.

Regards Chris.

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I guess my stuff is now officially locked in an enemy station. A guy can't turn his back on this game for a year or two without everything going to hell...

Did you/we ever manage to free Vee's Cruor?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    I guess my stuff is now officially locked in an enemy station. A guy can't turn his back on this game for a year or two without everything going to hell...

Did you/we ever manage to free Vee's Cruor?

Still trapped!

If you resubscribe, you'll probably get a chance to free some of your stuff at various points over the next couple months!

If you need stuff, we're giving away isk and/or ships, and the stuff we're using at the moment is mostly pretty cheap.

• Options
    Here we are in spaceships on the test server testing out the new citadels. Yes, that citadel is pretty well owning our fleet of ~150 dudes.

f52yIB9.jpg

More:
    MiEAF41.jpg

D3IDkGa.jpg

Here's my ship afterwards:
    iRLrwbL.jpg

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    That citadel looks fucking badass. Like some sort of aircraft carrier but in spaaaaaaaaaace

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    That citadel looks fucking badass. Like some sort of aircraft carrier but in spaaaaaaaaaace

Yeah when all the flak cannons start shooting it is pretty crazy and loud and uhhh so much damage!

• Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Something I'm having trouble figuring out is whether there is such a thing as a Support ship in EVE PvP. Is there such a thing?

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    There are a couple of versions of support ships. The most recognizable would be Logistic ships, or "spacepriests", who heal other ships in the fleet. There are also ships who utilize electronic warfare, who do things like target paint hostile ships (make them easier to hit and take more damage), sensor damp hostile ships (make the take longer to lock or lower their lock range), tracking disrupt hostile ships (make hostile guns less effective), and the venerable ECM (prevent hostile ships from locking targets).

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Support ships are hugely important too, they can swing fights.

Electronic Warfare ships are also pretty easy for a new pilot to make a basic fit for, and pretty easy to fly compared to other roles such as tackle.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'd personally put warfare link ships (team buffs) and interdictors (enemy lockdown) on that list as well.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    wait people have the sound on in eve?

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Something I'm having trouble figuring out is whether there is such a thing as a Support ship in EVE PvP. Is there such a thing?

I bolded the ones that might fit into a "support" role, by which I mean they can be fit for or specialize in any role other than pure DPS:

Assault Frigate
    Attack Battlecruiser
    Battleship
    Black Ops
    Blockade Runner
    Carrier
    Combat Battlecruiser
    Combat Recon Ship
    Command Destroyer
    Command Ship
    Covert Ops
    Cruiser

Deep Space Transport
    Destroyer
    Dreadnought
    Electronic Attack Frigate
    Force Auxiliary
    Force Recon Ship
    Freighter
    Frigate
    Heavy Assault Cruiser
    Heavy Interdiction Cruiser
    Industrial
    Interceptor
    Interdictor
    Jump Freighter
    Logistics Cruiser
    Logistics Frigate
    Marauder
    Rookie Ship
    Shuttle
    Stealth Bomber
    Strategic Cruiser
    Supercarrier
    Tactical Destroyer
    Titan

And I might have missed one or two types.

Some of those are Tech 1 (more basic/general), some with Faction variants (special/weird), some are Tech 2 (more specialized), and some are Tech 3 (specialized but customizable).

Here's a crazy huge picture showing a lot of them (though not all as it's probably like 6-7 years out of date at this point):
    ICHt46U.jpg

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    wait people have the sound on in eve?

I even use crystals to help make my sound better.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    From a certain perspective, miners/haulers are the greatest support ships of all.

Can't deal DPS with ships that don't exist. :D

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    From a certain perspective, miners/haulers are the greatest support ships of all.

I always felt that was more accurately called logistics.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

No, logistics are space priests.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options

Yeah the fact that logistics ships don't actually do logistics was always odd to me.

But they are cool ships either way.

• Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

I understand that the in game skill name is logistics, but my understanding is that logistics is generally the procurement and movement of materials.

• Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

I understand that the in game skill name is logistics, but my understanding is that logistics is generally the procurement and movement of materials.

Industrial Ships, Freighters, Jump Freighters, Deep Space Transports, Transport Ships, Capital Industrial Ships, and sometimes others ships DO logistics.

Logistics Frigates and Logistics Cruisers and Force Auxiliaries (and sometimes other ships) repair things!

Yay Iceland! Yay English!

• Options
    EVE Online: Citadel comes out on April 27!

Patch notes: https://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-eve-online-citadel

Highlights: Capital and Supercapital rebalance and the introduction of Citadels, which are destructable and will eventaully replace outposts and POS.

Summary of last couple years worth of patches: https://www.themittani.com/features/eve-online-2016-welcome-back

NEW BEST TRAILER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjTrPutt4k

(this is the old best trailer)

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    What advantages, if any, do these destructible structures convey over the unconquerable NPC stations favored in the current environment?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    That is an open question.

Citadels can defend themselves and can be outfitted with anti-subcap/anti-cap weaponry. The numbers are still being tuned, but they can hold their own against modest fleets. They can be placed almost anywhere, and you can put as many as you want in a system, so you can have, say, a refinery-oriented Citadel in the same system as a manufacturing-oriented Citadel.

The downside, of course, is that they can be destroyed. No one knows how they will turn out. My personal prediction is that no one will actually stage in one while Nullsec stations exist, and everyone will shift to Lowsec stations when Nullsec stations are removed, but that's entirely speculation.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »

Citadels can defend themselves and can be outfitted with anti-subcap/anti-cap weaponry. The numbers are still being tuned, but they can hold their own against modest fleets. They can be placed almost anywhere, and you can put as many as you want in a system, so you can have, say, a refinery-oriented Citadel in the same system as a manufacturing-oriented Citadel.

The downside, of course, is that they can be destroyed. No one knows how they will turn out. My personal prediction is that no one will actually stage in one while Nullsec stations exist, and everyone will shift to Lowsec stations when Nullsec stations are removed, but that's entirely speculation.

Which doesn't mean they won't be used, just that its unlikely that large groups will use them as a primary base of operations with large amounts of strategic material stored inside.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »

Which doesn't mean they won't be used, just that its unlikely that large groups will use them as a primary base of operations with large amounts of strategic material stored inside.

Right. I expect them be sort of like vacation homes. Ratting/mining/industrial/fun roaming ships will use them regularly, but war material will be staged in unconquerable lowsec stations.

• Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular

I bolded the ones that might fit into a "support" role, by which I mean they can be fit for or specialize in any role other than pure DPS:

Assault Frigate
    Attack Battlecruiser
    Battleship
    Black Ops
    Blockade Runner
    Carrier
    Combat Battlecruiser
    Combat Recon Ship
    Command Destroyer
    Command Ship
    Covert Ops
    Cruiser

Deep Space Transport
    Destroyer
    Dreadnought
    Electronic Attack Frigate
    Force Auxiliary
    Force Recon Ship
    Freighter
    Frigate
    Heavy Assault Cruiser
    Heavy Interdiction Cruiser
    Industrial
    Interceptor
    Interdictor
    Jump Freighter
    Logistics Cruiser
    Logistics Frigate
    Marauder
    Rookie Ship
    Shuttle
    Stealth Bomber
    Strategic Cruiser
    Supercarrier
    Tactical Destroyer
    Titan

And I might have missed one or two types.

Some of those are Tech 1 (more basic/general), some with Faction variants (special/weird), some are Tech 2 (more specialized), and some are Tech 3 (specialized but customizable).

Here's a crazy huge picture showing a lot of them (though not all as it's probably like 6-7 years out of date at this point):
    ICHt46U.jpg

Thanks guys, this is really helpful! I've always been interested in Eve, but I've never been a 'frontline' or 'dps' player. I may actually pick this up now that I know there's a role in PvP I could take part in!

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    There are plenty of things you can do in pvp without ever firing a shot. One of my favorite things to do is to scan down people running missions/sitting in a safespot, and then warp to them in a cloaked ship, then I give the signal to my group to have everyone warp in on me at 10-30km out, suddenly that person who thought they were safe has a hostile gang on top of them.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular

I have a bad feeling we will want to establish some space before this comes out, because it will be what gives fozziesov it's defensibility

• Options

I have a bad feeling we will want to establish some space before this comes out, because it will be what gives fozziesov it's defensibility

Well it comes out tomorrow so, get establishing!

• Options

Eh, we'll likely be fine. Most of our war material is in an uncontestable station, and once MBC gets bored and starts fighting each other it will be fairly easy to take our space back. History repeats itself et al.

• Options
    AnehiiAnehii Registered User regular

Eh, we'll likely be fine. Most of our war material is in an uncontestable station, and once MBC gets bored and starts fighting each other it will be fairly easy to take our space back. History repeats itself et al.

the infighting is glorious, dead supers everyday!

• Options
    BezekiraBezekira Registered User new member

Who wants that space back? we have delve now, Dank blood iskies 4tw

• Options
    The person that left over half of my assets in that space assuming we would be back soon.

This discussion has been closed.