As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Step back, you're [chat]tin' kinda close

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The first season of power rangers was the best because they just strung together random japanese super sentai action scenes using a paper thin plot that made almost no sense. The kids would be in their shitty LA suburb, at their combination martial arts gym / restaurant / whatever the fuck that place was. And then suddenly a monster unrelated to the plot would come down, they'd all put on their suits, get totally different body types (including the girls no longer looking like girls), and get warped to a featureless desert where the fight would occur.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The first season of power rangers was the best because they just strung together random japanese super sentai action scenes using a paper thin plot that made almost no sense. The kids would be in their shitty LA suburb, at their combination martial arts gym / restaurant / whatever the fuck that place was. And then suddenly a monster unrelated to the plot would come down, they'd all put on their suits, get totally different body types (including the girls no longer looking like girls), and get warped to a featureless desert where the fight would occur.

And the occasional cardboard city fully of high rises

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

Exactly

Wasn't it great?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

And the occasional cardboard city fully of high rises

YES! And I remember thinking "where the fuck are they? that doesn't look like the town where the kids live. why are they wrecking a city and it's not a huge deal?" But because I was 7 years old I just assumed I must be wrong and accepted it.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I crave coffee. Yet it is 1 am.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    This series did not get enough love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXiJYcK4-GU

Will somebody PLEASE cue that bird?

Is the guy from Rock Lobster singing this?

@Blameless Cleric
    Michael Airington, a writer for the series, also sang the theme song (in an impersonated Paul Lynde voice)

Paul Lynde was Uncle Arthur, on Bewitched.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    This series did not get enough love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXiJYcK4-GU

Will somebody PLEASE cue that bird?

Is the guy from Rock Lobster singing this?

@Blameless Cleric
    Michael Airington, a writer for the series, also sang the theme song (in an impersonated Paul Lynde voice)

Paul Lynde was Uncle Arthur, on Bewitched.

On be-what?

Thank you for answering though

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    the Avengers EMH intro really brought the great crunchy guitar riffs theme music action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbHLEOg5RPo

My daughter watches that literally EVERY DAY while eating breakfast. DVDs.

Still not tired of it :)

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

Exactly

Wasn't it great?

I ran home from the end of school each day so I wouldn't miss anything.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    stiff neck blows

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    poshniallo wrote: »
    the Avengers EMH intro really brought the great crunchy guitar riffs theme music action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbHLEOg5RPo

My daughter watches that literally EVERY DAY while eating breakfast. DVDs.

Still not tired of it :)

aww, that's awesome <3

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacob, you seem to know many comic book people. Is Hickman one of them?

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I encompass

And I eclipse.

Hello, hi [chat]!

• Options
    The very first thing I ever heard about X-Men, the first time I ever heard that title used, was one afternoon when I'd been doing some ADR for [Superman director] Richard Donner, on a movie of his that I had been in. I got a note to call in at Lauren Shuler Donner's office – that's his wife, the producer. I walked in the door, Lauren picked something up from her desk and held it up. And I looked at it, and I said, "What am I doing on the front of a comic book?" And she said, "Exactly."

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    there's always that one person who wishes you happy birthday on fb who you met once like 6-7 years ago and never talked to once since

and just

why?

I can't even be bothered to wish the people I'm best friends with happy birthday on facebook.

Wishing it to old schoolmates I haven't seen in a decade sounds like madness and/or Sparta.

I have a tiered system:

- Girl I find creepy or am not attracted to: "Happy Birthday" with no punctuation
    - Girl I haven't talked to in a long time but is super hot: "Happy Birthday!!!!"
    - Girl I talked to last less than two years ago: "Happy Birthday!!!! How have you been?"
    - Girl I talked to last within the last 10 months: "Happy Birthday!!!! We should catch up!"
    - Girl that's a really good friend and I have no romantic chance with or interest in or family: "Happy Birthday!! I wish you a wonderful year of health and happiness!!"
    - Guy: "hb"

*checks the last time you wished me a happy birthday*

:shock

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    This is the most amazing wrestling promo, just watch it everyone

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b8zg9_vaudvillains-vignette-nxt-11-27-14_sport

• Options
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    @_J_ we are in such concert about Samurai Pizza Cats. It was the best.

We are robros.

In fact, everything that the narrator for SPC touched was gold.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    [chat] I am very drunk. Thanksgiving is over.

• Options
    Next chat thread needs to be another Dragon Age one, the game is THAT good.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Another great cartoon was the Where's Wally* cartoon. Also with an excellent narrator (same narrator)?

*Where's Waldo? Please that name is dumb

• Options
    Jesus the Playsation Wireless Gold 7.1 headsets are $40 at Target in the US

goddamnit thats a STEAL.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Turkey consumed
    Seahawks won
    video games purchased
    Secret Santa sent
    Girlfriend present bought

Thanksgiving complete

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I don't remeber watching a lot of cartoons growing up, other than Looney Tunes. But as I got older that was phased out by the networks for some reason and I never got into the shows they replaced it with.

It's also why Ive always hated golf, because every once in a while my Saturday morning Looney Tunes would get preempted by a fucking golf tournament.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    I don't remeber watching a lot of cartoons growing up, other than Looney Tunes. But as I got older that was phased out by the networks for some reason and I never got into the shows they replaced it with.

It's also why Ive always hated golf, because every once in a while my Saturday morning Looney Tunes would get preempted by a fucking golf tournament.

Who puts Golf on TV on a Saturday morning? It's supposed to be Saturday afternoon so you can use it as a nap aid.

• Options
    This chat just lingers on. Dying slowly, clinging to this mortal coil.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    @_J_ we are in such concert about Samurai Pizza Cats. It was the best.

We are robros.

In fact, everything that the narrator for SPC touched was gold.

@Apothe0sis‌

Imagining the conversations in the writer's room makes it so much better.
    W1: So, we, uh. We got this new cartoon...but no script.

W2: Ok, let's watch it to figure it out.

W1: Hmm.

W2: ..yeah...

W1: Well, they seem to be...cats...who make pizza...and are...samurai?

W2: Seems so, yes.

W1: And they do not seem to keen on that bird.

W2: No. No, they do not.

W1: I guess he's the villain?

W2: Sure. Why not?

_J_ on
  • Options
    thom what's your favorite Thanksgiving movie

Mine is spoiled so you can answer freely, don't look
    Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

@Thomamelas no, but I've run into him a few times at the shop. He gets his comics where I used to go.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    thom what's your favorite Thanksgiving movie

Mine is spoiled so you can answer freely, don't look
    Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

I don't really have one to be honest.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

@Thomamelas no, but I've run into him a few times at the shop. He gets his comics where I used to go.

Awesome. If you see him, can you pass along that Infinity was a god damn nightmare to read because it spanned so many god damn books in such a random fashion. Ugh.

• Options
    I crave junk food. I have none. Yet this chat is almost over and Geth might draw my name. But this chat will not die.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I feel bad. I may have misled an older gentleman at the bar about his chances.

His chances were 100% when I walked in, but dropped to 0% after I propositioned him and he didn't immediately leave with me. But then I guess he was still into it, but the boat had sailed.

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »
    I feel bad. I may have misled an older gentleman at the bar about his chances.

His chances were 100% when I walked in, but dropped to 0% after I propositioned him and he didn't immediately leave with me. But then I guess he was still into it, but the boat had sailed.

Love is a cruel game.

• Options
    Geth will draw no one who has posted recently.

It will be Bogart. Or a mod.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Apparently we decided to do black Friday in the UK this year. Any excuse for a little riot

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Hi Geth.

Robots.

Androids.

Cyborgs.

Artificial intelligentsia

This discussion has been closed.