As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Telltale] Tales from the Borderlands - Ep.3 "Catch a Ride" out now!

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Played GoT ep 1. It was pretty good! I've got what may turn out to be a pretty big problem with it though, show and book spoilers follow:
    I know that there is no chance I'll be able to get even with Ramsay Snow. Lord Fat-and-Blustery, sure. But the show's producers, to say nothing of Martin, aren't going to let one of their major villains get got offscreen by someone who's basically an extra on the show. Telltale may have written themselves into a corner as early as their first episode.

This is Game of Thrones.
    You don't get the villains. They get you.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Played Tales From the Borderlands, and just to reiterate popular opinion - yeah, it is bloody delightful. It's like a mix of Mad Max, a heist movie, and maybe some Office Space thrown in for good measure. Even by Telltale standards it feels a bit more like a 2 hour movie than a game, but it's a bloody funny movie with thoroughly likeable characters.

And I really like having the two protagonists. Even though you're not really changing the plot, it sure lets it feels like you're changing the characters' relationships with each other.
    Rhys and Sasha bonding over high-tech weaponry and choking dudes is adorable

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    second GoT ep trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boY5jktW2Zk

Tales from Borderlands should be releasing soon too?

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I hope Borderlands episode 2 releases soon! I couldn't help myself and bought the 1st episode, now I gotta wait like a chump... At least I'm holding off until all GoT episodes are out.

I realize that I still have to wait like a chump, even if I wait for all the episodes to come out, but my brain doesn't register this so it's ok.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    F' that ending. I know it's GoT and everything but putting in a villain they know you will never gain vengeance against?

Also is it me or is the PC interface a bit screwy? It seems difficult to select dialog options compared to TWD, I can have the mouse hovering over an option and it won't immediately highlight it, causing more of a panic rush.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I started The Wolf Among Us today. Bought it on PSN using the 10% discount code that was their apology for the outage during Christmas week.

Having never read any of the Fables comics, and not really having any idea what this universe was like, I was immediately drawn in and hooked. The writing of episode 1 was fantastic, and by the end I was attached to the two main characters.
    And had my heart broken when Snow turned up dead at the end.

Looking forward to playing the rest of it.

Also, I love the whole CSI murder mystery aspect of it. Being someone who enjoys cop dramas such as Castle, Law and Order, and the BBC Sherlock, getting to play as the sheriff and investigate stuff is fantastic. Honestly, TWAU reminds me of L.A. Noire.

• Options
    So... is there a release date for Borderlands episode 2? Kinda odd that GoT episode 2 would hit first.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    GoT episode 2 comes out on my birthday!

I don't know if I should be pleased or concerned.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So... is there a release date for Borderlands episode 2? Kinda odd that GoT episode 2 would hit first.

Not really, Telltale knows GoT is where the money's at.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I think what he meant is that Borderlands came out before GoT did, so if they were doing alternating months like they have in the past that Borderlands should've been next to bat.

I don't mind really, I'll gladly take the next episode for either series.

• Options
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I mean, the faster all the GoT episodes come out, the faster I can buy it. I sure would like to play the next episode of Borderlands, though.

• Options
    I finished The Wolf Among Us tonight.

I did not understand the implication at the end. Can someone help me out here?
    So Bigby flashed through memories of another girl saying the same thing to him that Narissa said. Faith maybe? I'm not good enough with voices to know.

But Narissa also continued to resist having her ribbon taken off. So is there the possibility that Narissa was actually Vivian, and that the curse was not broken when "Vivian" died in the strip club?

Or I guess perhaps they intentionally left it open and vague? Is the answer located in the Fables comic books, or is there going to be a TWAU 2?

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I finished The Wolf Among Us tonight.

I did not understand the implication at the end. Can someone help me out here?
    So Bigby flashed through memories of another girl saying the same thing to him that Narissa said. Faith maybe? I'm not good enough with voices to know.

But Narissa also continued to resist having her ribbon taken off. So is there the possibility that Narissa was actually Vivian, and that the curse was not broken when "Vivian" died in the strip club?

Or I guess perhaps they intentionally left it open and vague? Is the answer located in the Fables comic books, or is there going to be a TWAU 2?

Been awhile but I'm pretty sure the majority opinion is torn between two possibilities.
    1. The Faith you met at the start of the game was Narissa putting you on the trail of Faith's murder.
    2. Narissa was Faith in a glamour, the original Narissa's head being glamoured to look like Faith. Considering Faith's backstory this seems more likely to me.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3TrYe9UamE

Launch Trailer for the latest Game of Thrones episode.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    My choices from Game of Thrones Episode 2:
    -Killed the asshole. Wouldn't be a sell sword for very long if I only crippled men who tried framing and murdering me. Come'onson.
    -Didn't forge a letter (Telltale LOVES both immediately punishing you for things like this AND not requiring them for the intended effect. I'M ON TO YOU!!!!!)
    -Didn't kiss the ring. Come on, 'feck that guy. Just like how Catelyn made suicidal suggestions as to how to be a lord, the Forrester mom also has this gigantic blind spot for her family.
    -DID win the betrothal (unlike SEVENTY+ percent of the players... geez guys). See, I knew that letter was both bad news AND unnecessary!
    -Stood up for the thief, more because Finn needed to be beaten than because the thief deserved the help.
    -Killed Mira's attacker. If someone's willing to tackle a guy who is presently trying to murder you with a knife, it's considered rather bad manners to then let the rescuer be drowned while you leg it. It just wouldn't be cricket. Plus the hired murderer would then have from then on to retry that whole "killing you" thing.

I feel stronger on this episode's choices then on the last one. Of course, everything can still go terribly wrong, but the empowering thing is to realize that Telltale WON'T LET things go too RIGHT (or too too wrong for that matter), so go with your gut on this stuff. Utilitarian choices are sabotaged pretty frequently, so be careful making them.

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    NGGG I want to wait to play the game until I can play all five episodes at once. But I played the first one, soo... I feel obligated. :/

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    This episode definitely had alot more pivotal choices, and their repercussions seem alot more instant compared ep

I guess the next ep will be april 1? Strange to think we'll get season 5 before this season gaiden 3-4 storyline concludes

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    Really liked this ep.
    So I let the coalboy get drowned, but in my 'next time' montage he was still there, so either it's bugged or he lives either way, so I feel I made the right choice. I'm playing her as a cold hearted but smart lady. Sure I'll have some wine! But if we get caught it's up to you to explain it. I'm using a ton of ... silence as my options. Too many times I feel like saying anything is a mistake, better to let them dig their own graves.

Good stuff, can't wait for the next one.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    NineNine Registered User regular
    -Killed the asshole. Wouldn't be a sell sword for very long if I only crippled men who tried framing and murdering me. Come'onson.
    -Didn't forge a letter (Telltale LOVES both immediately punishing you for things like this AND not requiring them for the intended effect. I'M ON TO YOU!!!!!)
    -Didn't kiss the ring. Come on, 'feck that guy. Just like how Catelyn made suicidal suggestions as to how to be a lord, the Forrester mom also has this gigantic blind spot for her family.
    -DID win the betrothal (unlike SEVENTY+ percent of the players... geez guys). See, I knew that letter was both bad news AND unnecessary!
    -Stood up for the thief, more because Finn needed to be beaten than because the thief deserved the help.
    -Killed Mira's attacker. If someone's willing to tackle a guy who is presently trying to murder you with a knife, it's considered rather bad manners to then let the rescuer be drowned while you leg it. It just wouldn't be cricket. Plus the hired murderer would then have from then on to retry that whole "killing you" thing.

I feel stronger on this episode's choices then on the last one. Of course, everything can still go terribly wrong, but the empowering thing is to realize that Telltale WON'T LET things go too RIGHT (or too too wrong for that matter), so go with your gut on this stuff. Utilitarian choices are sabotaged pretty frequently, so be careful making them.

Did you...
    keep the dagger? I decided to throw it away. Didn't need any more incriminating items in the inventory after the seal (though I decided not to forge the letter) and the key.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Nine wrote: »

Did you...
    keep the dagger? I decided to throw it away. Didn't need any more incriminating items in the inventory after the seal (though I decided not to forge the letter) and the key.

Anyone who watched the Godfather knew what to do with that... item.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular

Did you...
    I kept it. Hopefully with no body they will no real idea what happened. Tossing a bloody dagger into the bushes for anyone to find seemed counterproductive.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Just finished episode 2.

Telltale does a good job of manipulating me with their conversations.
    I was pushing to keep the betrothal on by talking about love, it didn't work out. I ruminated on that discussion like it was one that I had had myself. "Gah, I should have pushed the strength of my house instead! I know better than that! Stupid, stupid!"

Also threw that dagger away. Ain't no fingerprint crime lab in Westeros and that thing would inevitably be found in my belongings or something at some point. I imagine the horrible thing that awaits is that they'll blame the coal boy and I'll have to choose whether to speak up or let him take the blame.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I finished The Wolf Among Us last night, and it was phenomenal. I was glad I made the choices I did throughout the game, because Chapter 5 could not have gone more smoothly. I could already feel how bad things could have gone if I did things differently.

Contrast GoT, where every choice you make is horrible and wrong, like The Witcher.

I want to read some Fables now, but man, those Amazon prices.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Some people love the comics, but personally I consider Fables to be waaaay inferior to the game

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    NineNine Registered User regular
    Just realized Ser Royland's voice actor played Babu Bhatt on Seinfeld. This fact makes happier than it probably should.

• Options
    Is the voice of Bluebeard in The Wolf Among Us the same VA who does Lee in TWD?

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Is the voice of Bluebeard in The Wolf Among Us the same VA who does Lee in TWD?

Yup, and Clementine is Toad Junior.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, and what a shocker at the end of The Wolf Among Us:
    MERMAID MURDER!
    Nah, not really, lol

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    HamHamJ wrote: »

Did you...
    I kept it. Hopefully with no body they will no real idea what happened. Tossing a bloody dagger into the bushes for anyone to find seemed counterproductive.
    what, are you worried they'll get your prints off of it?

Just do what all medieval CSI expect of your, blame it on some foreigner/peasants.

Now as for The Wolf Among Us:
    I also never read anything about Fables before picking up the game and after finishing it I read all of the Fable books and I gotta say that the game is such a great prequel to the comics. Having played the game it makes certain things in the comics all the more rewarding
    like Crane getting his skull smashed in
    That felt way better having played the game first.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I don't know if the conversation changes but
    how can anyone not win the betrothal, she says let's be practical and you're options are: Practical option, I'm so tough, BUT I LOOOVE YOU

• Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    I don't know if the conversation changes but
    how can anyone not win the betrothal, she says let's be practical and you're options are: Practical option, I'm so tough, BUT I LOOOVE YOU

Ah but is it worth the cost?

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Just played through the first GOT episode:
    sunofabitch! I totally thought I had fucked up at first with Ethan, but then realized that Telltale would not make that big of a branching option so early on, and figured Ramsay being Ramsay meant I was doomed either way.

Also, as big of a fan as I am of the Walking Dead games they made, I will readily admit that I liked the Wolf Among Us better than Season 2 of Walking Dead. It was just better done and thought out.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Finally played Episode 2 last night. Lots of build up, so I'm more excited for episode three now, but damn this one was pretty uneventful for me.
    I won the betrothal, but immediately said fuck you to Captain Whitehill. Like screw that guy and his soldiers, I will continue to treat them like shit because he can't come into my house and push me around and threaten to take my Ironwood forest. I also told Gwyn to take a hike, there's no way I'm calling off this war. Sorry Rhon.

Asher seems like a bad ass and I can't wait to play more of him and get that army. I liked that Daenerys was being mentioned and I hope she shows up eventually in the game.

Mira is okay? But her parts are the dullest for me, even with Tyrion in there trying to save it. I have no idea why that guy tried to kill her, but he got his and that slave boy took care of it.

Gared is interesting but after seeing him with Jon Snow, I'm really just playing him like I would Jon if I could. Befriending the low-lifes of the nights watch crew, acing the challenges, pretty much doing everything I could to be a ranger just to get shitcanned to the cooks crew.

It seems like next episode might be the purple wedding, which should be incredibly interesting to play as Mira if they do it right.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I bought the Telltale collection during the latest Xbox One sale. less than a minute into Walking Dead Season One, the audio cuts out and the animation is all stuttery and jittery. Awesome.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Well, you really can't expect a 14 year old console to run the latest games without a few problems.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I bought the Telltale collection during the latest Xbox One sale. less than a minute into Walking Dead Season One, the audio cuts out and the animation is all stuttery and jittery. Awesome.

Unpatchable.
    Can't be patched.

I started watching The Sopranos, and realized the opening theme song (Woke Up this Morning) uses a few of the same synthesizer noises as The Wolf Among Us.

I now want to see the season 2 of TWAU open with it. Some of the lyrics are relevant to Bigby.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I just started TWAU this past weekend. It is pretty fantastic, (I'm new to telltale games, with the exception of the adventures of monkey island). So far it is pretty fantastic (I'm on episode 4 now). Maybe I'll finish it off tonight, each episode doesn't seem to take that long.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    TWAU is their best game, in my opinion. Of course, I haven't started GoT yet. But out of everything else of theirs, TWAU has the best character moments and manages multiple times to gut-punch you right in the feels.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    The opening to Episode 2 of TWAU made me stop playing it cold.
    So I grabbed the Woodsman since he was a slippery bastard and Dee (Dum?) was an idiot and I could find him whenever I'm sure. We're doing the interrogation and I'm playing it nice the whole time. I gave him a drink, a smoke, asked him nicely and he wasn't going to give me the last bit of information unless I played the "I know how you feel" card which....I -just- called bullshit on when Bigby was getting interrogated.

So I punched him. It was, you know, one punch. But then everyone started talking to me like I spent the entire time beating on him since "did you hit the Woodsman" is a single flag, and that's bullshit, so I was done.

Of course the asspull "Snow didn't die, actually!" reveal didn't help that either.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!