As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Double Secret Boxes (update: YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!)

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    It'd just be cool if we got an update or something. Brian said "looks like the 16th," and we haven't heard a word on the release date since.

gazelle where are youuu

Lazorz on
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm sure he's swamped trying to get merch ready for Prime... soon...

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I'm debating when/if it's safe to leave work and drive home today. Might have to spend the night, just to be safe.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    jessterferjessterfer Registered User regular
    i haven't left my computer in months. darkness overwhelming.

• Options
    The store updated about an hour ago, but it was only mugs. Probably safe for us to go outside today.

• Options
    Lazorz wrote: »
    The store updated about an hour ago, but it was only mugs. Probably safe for us to go outside today.

Hey look, this guy is trying to get all the pins for himself! NEVER trust a Minnesotan.

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    LetMeIn wrote: »
    I'm betting someone told merchmistress "You can't literally be standing next to someone hopping around like a mad woman making monkey noises and dying to see what they got." so now she is holding the boxes hostage till they allow her to do that.

That would be like trying to tell a puppy it can't get excited when you give it a new toy.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    Brian is literally writing an update to you all right now. I went in his office and chicken-danced threateningly until he spilled, and I discovered Double-Secret news is on the horizon AND... other pin news. Exciting pin news. I won't steal his thunder, as tempting as it is.

Man, I'm a great dancer.

• Options
    jessterferjessterfer Registered User regular
    *quietly unpauses rocket league and begins to resume regular life again*

• Options
    Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    that the same dance you would do if someone opened a blind box in the merch line?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I guess I'll just stare at my email until I see the gazelle pop up.

@PA Jamie I'm also available to proof the email, if Brian wants to send it my way early :wink:

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    we’ll launch the pins (with the lanyards), Double Secret Boxes AND our new pin trading bag all at once in August. In time for shipping before PAX.

August, ugh. Time to move the calendar reminder.

Stupid sexy lanyards

http://media0.giphy.com/media/5oLuLUXEmZAOs/giphy.gif

Sammy.Sam on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    PA Gazelle wrote:
    In time for shipping before PAX.
    I feel very uneasy about this promise. Something tells me I'll get a delivery notice after I've already left for Seattle.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    PA Gazelle wrote:
    I feel very uneasy about this promise. Something tells me I'll get a delivery notice after I've already left for Seattle.
    maybe you could ship them to the place you're staying and pick it up when you get there. If are going to try this, I would suggest you contact the place first to see if it was possible

LetMeIn on
  • Options
    PA Gazelle wrote:
    maybe you could ship them to the place you're staying and pick it up when you get there. If are going to try this, I would suggest you contact the place first to see if it was possible

Exactly, there's also plenty of people in the area I'm sure wouldn't mind letting you use their shipping address.

• Options
    Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    Well it still leaves the potential open for blind boxes still this month, alter all, they don't contain any new pins in them. ( unless there is a blind box pin now)

• Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    No blind boxes until August. Per the gazelle "we’ll launch the pins (with the lanyards), Double Secret Boxes AND our new pin trading bag all at once in August. In time for shipping before PAX."

Sammy.Sam on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    edit -- ninja'd

Lazorz on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    and chicken-danced threateningly

Man, I'm a great dancer.

MESSAGE RECEIVED LOUD AND CLEAR!

ROGER THAT CALLING IN GIF STRIKE IN 3..

CVKNruM.gif

• Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sammy.Sam wrote: »
    No blind boxes until August. Per the gazelle "we’ll launch the pins (with the lanyards), Double Secret Boxes AND our new pin trading bag all at once in August. In time for shipping before PAX."

That does not rhyme with 'soon' at all.
    :(

• Options
    Well, looks like I'll have to find something else to occupy my time until then. Wait, what's this?
    b0LvW0M.png
    WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, AUSSIES?!?!

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You brought this on yourself, you made me do this!!!!! :)

aydi8h1tubwn.jpg

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    merchmistressmerchmistress Registered User regular
    Well the good news is, actually its great news, You will likely have another paycheck in the bank so you could potentially grab the kickstarter pin AND still pick up some DSB's and Core2.0! And trust me when I say you do not want to miss out on these DSBs and we all know that kickstarter pin is gonna be amazing! The bad news? Waiting sucks. This lanyard making guy just lost any chance of ever being on my Christmas card list.

• Options

aydi8h1tubwn.jpg

Yeah well... uhh... fuck.

I need to try the Peanut Butter ones so bad. As well as get some more double coated in my life.

• Options
    aydi8h1tubwn.jpg

I've seen bigger.

As to @merchmistress 's point, paging @SerpicoBC - I have 9 months worth of emergency funds and no debt outside of my mortgage and student loans. How many blind boxes should I buy? </yay economics>

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I definitely need a monkey/chicken dance off. It would be a great game to get pins at pax

• Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I need to try the Peanut Butter ones so bad. As well as get some more double coated in my life.

Note the Peanut Butter Tim Tams do not actually contain any peanuts...

Welp, if I am waiting until SOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGUST, then I guess I'll jump on Automata now.

Is it wrong that I imagine @merchmistress has been preparing DSBs since May, and her fingers are slowly wearing down to wizened nubs?

• Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Hey all! So I have had a few questions about combining shipping for the retiring core set and the Double Secret boxes- PLEASE NOTE: Core will retire on May 31st. Double Secrets will not be available until June.
    hmmm, I guess it could mean after June or maybe June 2016
    Hey all! So I have had a few questions about combining shipping for the retiring core set and the Double Secret boxes- PLEASE NOTE: Core will retire on May 31st. Double Secrets will not be available until June.
    Sooo, how about combining shipping for Double Secret Boxes and Core 2.0??? :-)
    next post was:
    [quote=
    I'm in no rush I renewed my ClubPA subscription on the 18th and hoping my discount code comes before they show up in the shop

aydi8h1tubwn.jpg

Yeah well... uhh... fuck.

Double coats are the best for Tim Tam slams :)

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    Well the good news is, actually its great news, You will likely have another paycheck in the bank so you could potentially grab the kickstarter pin AND still pick up some DSB's and Core2.0! And trust me when I say you do not want to miss out on these DSBs and we all know that kickstarter pin is gonna be amazing!.

This. Yes That KS was basically my DSB money, so least I'll have more whenever they get out there.

• Options
    LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    Well the good news is, actually its great news, You will likely have another paycheck in the bank so you could potentially grab the kickstarter pin AND still pick up some DSB's and Core2.0! And trust me when I say you do not want to miss out on these DSBs and we all know that kickstarter pin is gonna be amazing! The bad news? Waiting sucks. This lanyard making guy just lost any chance of ever being on my Christmas card list.

any chance we can get confirmed price on the DSB,Core Set and Armadeaddon Sets? This way I could know the exact amount I need to set aside and would know if I could go up to the $150 tier.
    maybe she won't notice I'm trying to also get more info on how Armadeaddon pins are being release hehehehe... she can't see spoilers right?

• Options
    For those of you who didn't see it at first (me being one of those people), Brian did put an exact date at the top of the Gazelle.
    8/10/2015 - Core 2.0 Set, Pin Bag Launch Day

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This way I could know the exact amount I need to set aside and would know if I could go up to the $150 tier.

Yes, and if they could let us know what that is in AUD, and then if they could lock AUD/USD in sync for a month that would be sweet.

• Options
    So what are people's plans? Saving all of the DSBs to open at Prime? Opening some/all of them asap? Trying to coordinate a Twitter #DSB "opening time" for everyone prior to PAX Prime?

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    I think it'll be fun to torture @merchmistress by opening them there, but its hard to add that much to my travel packaging :)

• Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    I'm a little concerned that any I order will not arrive by Prime now. Hopefully they do though so I will actually have something to trade...

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    evil santa wrote: »
    I'm a little concerned that any I order will not arrive by Prime now. Hopefully they do though so I will actually have something to trade...
    Yeah, it bugs me that the merch team is pushing it close. Why didn't they just sell the DSBs after the first delay and hold Core 2.0 off until Prime? :eh:

Anyway, US residents shouldn't have a problem getting the package, but Aus is a different story. There's 2 weeks between the pin launch and when most people leave for Prime. Your best bet might be to find a Pinpal here who lives in the Seattle area who could easily bring your package to PAX for you.
    Hingo wrote: »
    So what are people's plans? Saving all of the DSBs to open at Prime? Opening some/all of them asap? Trying to coordinate a Twitter #DSB "opening time" for everyone prior to PAX Prime?
    I think a mass-opening in the Friday morning merch line would be really cool. It doesn't have to be the entire haul; a couple boxes per person would still be a lot of fun.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    or a mass opening during the panel! (Friday I'm on the floor early as My wife is on a medical badge)

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    If any foreign friends need a pin mule, I can volunteer as tribute. I could possibly carry 1-2 people's blind boxes... if they don't order 20 each :)

I'm getting in on the 25th!

Keroan on
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Wait so, is August 10 also when the double blind boxes become available?

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    If there's an Aus person putting an order in and not wanting 50 boxes, can I sneak a small order in with you (and also a trading bag)? I won't be around for the drop.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade