As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Android:Netrunner] The only time Bad Publicity isn't a thing to worry about.

19596979899101»

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    The Apocalypse mat is badass. Too bad I have no real hope in hell of getting it. Would love the Bad Pub markers though.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    oh man why does Worlds always have the coolest shit that is totally unavailable to most people overseas? :(

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Stupid useless Tenma's. *grumbles*

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    So apparently Data and Destiny next week.

Anyone else feel this pace lately has been a LITTLE fast? I hope there's some time off before the next cycle.

Hell, I've had D&D for almost two months now.

I... may not have opened it yet. <_< >_>

persona4celestia.jpg
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Anyone else feel this pace lately has been a LITTLE fast? I hope there's some time off before the next cycle.

I think the release schedule in general is too fast. I hope they're not being swayed by the vocal masses' constant braying for spoilers over exploring what we've got and keeping up a breakneck release pace to appease them.

• KesterKester Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »

I think the release schedule in general is too fast. I hope they're not being swayed by the vocal masses' constant braying for spoilers over exploring what we've got and keeping up a breakneck release pace to appease them.

I agree in general - but in this case they've said D&D will be legal for worlds, so it's great that they're ensuring people will get a fair amount of time to practice with the cards beforehand.

Going by previous big boxes, we'll get a nice 2+ month lull before next cycle starts. Those are always my favourite parts, you get time to really test a deck until you're happy with it without new releases disrupting things.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    oh man why does Worlds always have the coolest shit that is totally unavailable to most people overseas? :(

Because despite amazing products FFG doesn't think like a global company? Sometimes they have trouble thinking beyond Minnesota even.

Epimer wrote: »

Actually they've pretty always said 1 per month is their goal (which personally I think is too fast), and the instances of it not being that are due to suppler and shipping issues.

• GrainGrain Registered User regular
    They need to adopt Wizard's release model where the releases are timed to work with the tournament schedule and provide for consistency in distribution.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

White: 1721-3651-2720
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    there are a lot of things FFG could be doing to improve their company, and they are doing almost none of them

Grain wrote: »
    They need to adopt Wizard's release model where the releases are timed to work with the tournament schedule and provide for consistency in distribution.

Due to having their international partners setting tournament times abroad this would be pretty hard to do.

Personally I'd have the first pack in a cycle dropping christmas time, then one every 5-7 weeks with nationals happening august/september once the cycle is complete, then a big box in october before worlds in november.

Despite the rapid release schedule, it's impressive that the power creep in this game hasn't been as bad as it could be. One aspect of Netrunner that is so very different from Magic is that the developers can simply create more options and paths to victory, rather than in Magic where the primary path to victory has remained mostly consistent. You'd think it wouldn't work, but it does and it seems to work very very well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'm fine with the pace of releases, but that's potentially because I've been finding this cycle kind of underwhelming

Shorty on
    Despite the rapid release schedule, it's impressive that the power creep in this game hasn't been as bad as it could be. One aspect of Netrunner that is so very different from Magic is that the developers can simply create more options and paths to victory, rather than in Magic where the primary path to victory has remained mostly consistent. You'd think it wouldn't work, but it does and it seems to work very very well.

I think this is largely because of the fact that they don't have a fast enough rotation to bail them out (seriously, magic is going to 18 months rotation) and because they just don't produce the same ridiculous volume.

And really my complaint is less with the quantity of cards and more with the pacing. I'd rather just give things a little bit of time to get a bit sorted instead of this instant shake up. It feels like there are ideas out there that could be played with but just can't be because once you've started to figure it out, bam, it's all different again. I mean, Haarpsichord is going to be out for what, two months?, before three new NBN IDs just snap up the limelight.

Just read up on all the CDC crap with Netrunnerdb and Jinteki.net that happened last year. Has all that passed us by? I'd hate to lose those sites. It's really the only way I can play.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jinteki.net ignored it completely, NetrunnerDB went down briefly and then came back up because the creator decided he was being unfairly targeted (and also that FFG's bark had no bite, as they did nothing to follow up on Jinteki.net).

You can never predict when a company will decide to do something stupid, but for the time being FFG appears to have decided to let it go.

• sarcasticowsarcasticow Registered User new member
    The girlfriend and I have gotten a little bit back in to Netrunner recently after stopping our casual play when Creation and Control came out. We're just using the core set now but it saddens me that Jinteki and NBN aren't really viable at all in the core set. I'm willing to get a few data packs that could boost their power a bit. Any thoughts on a few packs that would do this?

edited September 2015
    The girlfriend and I have gotten a little bit back in to Netrunner recently after stopping our casual play when Creation and Control came out. We're just using the core set now but it saddens me that Jinteki and NBN aren't really viable at all in the core set. I'm willing to get a few data packs that could boost their power a bit. Any thoughts on a few packs that would do this?

jinteki really benefits from Trace Amounts, which has a really important agenda for them (Fetal AI), and from future proof, which has Ronin, an asset which really drastically improves your guessing game and your ability to work out a kill shot

they also have a deluxe box, honor & profit, which improves their game a whole bunch (and which gives you a whole bunch of really important Criminal cards, as well)

you can also take them in a glacier direction with replicating perfection, a new identity which is also in Trace Amounts and which is focused on taxing the runner's clicks

it really shines with Caprice Nisei, an upgrade which is in Double Time

nbn really likes Upstalk, which has arguably their best ID card, and Cyber Exodus, which has pop-up window and marked accounts, both of which are in virtually every NBN deck and are often seen out of faction as well

combine that with astroscript pilot program and project beale (which is in Future Proof), biotic labor, and all the cheap ice and quick economy you can find, and you've got a really solid rush deck

Shorty on
    Just read up on all the CDC crap with Netrunnerdb and Jinteki.net that happened last year. Has all that passed us by? I'd hate to lose those sites. It's really the only way I can play.

It seemed to be more FFG flying the flag before the buyout by Asmodee rather than any desire to shut the sites down.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    does someone have a new OP ready?

rRwz9.gif
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    @Cerberus were you still wanting to do the new OP?

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've started work on it just been busy. Was trying to get links to loads of useful things together for it. But I'll get the new thread up this weekend and can leave the first few posts so I can add to them as needed.

• sarcasticowsarcasticow Registered User new member
    Shorty wrote: »

jinteki really benefits from Trace Amounts, which has a really important agenda for them (Fetal AI), and from future proof, which has Ronin, an asset which really drastically improves your guessing game and your ability to work out a kill shot

they also have a deluxe box, honor & profit, which improves their game a whole bunch (and which gives you a whole bunch of really important Criminal cards, as well)

you can also take them in a glacier direction with replicating perfection, a new identity which is also in Trace Amounts and which is focused on taxing the runner's clicks

it really shines with Caprice Nisei, an upgrade which is in Double Time

nbn really likes Upstalk, which has arguably their best ID card, and Cyber Exodus, which has pop-up window and marked accounts, both of which are in virtually every NBN deck and are often seen out of faction as well

combine that with astroscript pilot program and project beale (which is in Future Proof), biotic labor, and all the cheap ice and quick economy you can find, and you've got a really solid rush deck

This is really great. Thank you!

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2015
    @visiblehowl the post quoted above is valuable advice for early data pack purchases.

Bogart on
    Just played against a MOpus Stimshop CT with Multithreaders that just shat all over my gagarin deck. It seems like most things shit on it. That CT deck did look interesting though.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Just played against a MOpus Stimshop CT with Multithreaders that just shat all over my gagarin deck. It seems like most things shit on it. That CT deck did look interesting though.

I ran into a MOpus Hostage Theo Game Day deck. Installs Hyperthreaders on a Leprechaun and Faust then tries to win in one turn with Maker's Eye, Legwork, an archives run, and 3 notoriety.

sig.gif
    So I had the best moment of my life against a Maxx deck. I had a server with double tollbooth holding an oaktown renovation. He's flat broke so there's no way he's getting in that server this turn. He has Faust though, and runs hq, r&D (breaking ice wall and letting errand boy fire) and lets crick fire on archives. He then plays quest completed on my oaktown. "Oh that card, nice. But you forgot the Gagarin tax bwahahahahaha"

So I had the best moment of my life against a Maxx deck. I had a server with double tollbooth holding an oaktown renovation. He's flat broke so there's no way he's getting in that server this turn. He has Faust though, and runs hq, r&D (breaking ice wall and letting errand boy fire) and lets crick fire on archives. He then plays quest completed on my oaktown. "Oh that card, nice. But you forgot the Gagarin tax bwahahahahaha"

Insert a mental Bison "YES, YES!" here.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Just played against a MOpus Stimshop CT with Multithreaders that just shat all over my gagarin deck. It seems like most things shit on it.

Gagarin has the problem of existing in an environment where more absurd horizontal decks like NEH and RP force runners to pack efficient answers/tactics for what it wants to do.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    This is an age-old game from regionals, but it was interesting to watch. Mostly because holy shit I didn't realize I was subconciously this OCD when I'm playing.
    https://youtu.be/jZZaDE0AMe8

ArcticLancer on
    Dis' wrote: »
    Just played against a MOpus Stimshop CT with Multithreaders that just shat all over my gagarin deck. It seems like most things shit on it.

Gagarin has the problem of existing in an environment where more absurd horizontal decks like NEH and RP force runners to pack efficient answers/tactics for what it wants to do.

I think the thing is just that like...dudes are too rich or something. Like it's a neat idea for fucking with people and not defending the assets but like it's ONE credit. Most of the assets you're using are already just expensive to trash so they're going to do that or not, and one credit doesn't transform something trashable into stupid hard or something. Like it runs Private Contracts but I don't think most people are going to trash that very easily/reliably at five. I could try Capital Investors, but going from 2 to 3 trash cost isn't going to let you just toss that in a remote undefended.

And for the glacier part, like, oh no I made it through that server not ONE more credit. That would just be better done in Blue Sun or something where at least then I could have gobs of money to just make the server even more ridiculous or use/win Ash traces.

I dunno, I guess I should keep a log of "times that one credit mattered" but I think that it would be a surprising amount that would go way down if it ever became prevalent because I think most instances are people forgetting. Like I've had a surprising amount of people run one credit short of being able to trash Jackson. Or I had people Dirty Laundry an undefended pad campaign and be one short, but that's still not the worst thing in the world.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    New Netrunner thread up here http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/200885/android-netrunner-neuromancer-the-card-game#latest

Still need to finish off pulling together useful links.

This discussion has been closed.