As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mechwarrior Online] The FWL doesn't pay enough to stay here (THREAD OVER!)

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Has the patch even hit? No patching when i launched and no loki

and of course the servers go down 2 minutes into a game.

I'll get on when the patch is live/the servers are up. Can't wait to get all that XP.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

I'll get on when the patch is live/the servers are up. Can't wait to get all that XP.

Tonight/tomorrow will be loki grinding

It wont be the best mech, but should still be better than the Summoner.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014

Tonight/tomorrow will be loki grinding

It wont be the best mech, but should still be better than the Summoner.

All dat ECM. I'm probably gonna be finishing up my Adder/Nova/Mad Dog this weekend.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Isnt the summoner a bit scary with all its SRMs.

edit
    @HydroSqueegee‌
    Servers are currently down, patch should be up sometime soonish.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    @HydroSqueegee‌

Servers are back, at least good enough to start patching. I'm patching right now.

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    @HydroSqueegee‌

Servers are back, at least good enough to start patching. I'm patching right now.

Im shopping now. Yay! Soon though. Stompy bots.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Unless you are shopping for CLan Packs to hand out like a drunken santa claus you need to get your sassy ass online and stomp bots :heartbeat:

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    loki_zps99fd2033.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    loki_zps99fd2033.jpg

Unf...

Patching, why must you take so long?

Edit: Sooo good... I had a moment with other mechs, but now I'm home.

Tigliss on
    l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    Unless you are shopping for CLan Packs to hand out like a drunken santa claus you need to get your sassy ass online and stomp bots :heartbeat:

Amiibos and smash bros actually. Target gives you a $15 gift card with smash + 5% off with the red card. Wooo! Now i just need to wait till christmas to play it when the kids open it!

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    loki_zps99fd2033.jpg

Hnnnng! Looks shit hot. Cant wait!

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Isnt the summoner a bit scary with all its SRMs.

edit
    @HydroSqueegee‌
    Servers are currently down, patch should be up sometime soonish.

My favorite Summoner build is off a straight SMN-D. 2x UAC-5s in the shoulders, 4x ERSLAS in the arms. Still not great overall, but you can snipe without exposing your entire torso, and it did a good job of getting me through last weekend's challenge to get me a Victor.

• Options
    Asked Russ about gifting mechs for MC.

:(

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    HAH!

Yg1dKfR.png

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    @Buttcleft‌ you an IS or Clan kinda guy?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    I really don't have a preference, I've been leaning IS mostly because I figured that's what most of the unit would do when CW comes around. why?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I really don't have a preference, I've been leaning IS mostly because I figured that's what most of the unit would do when CW comes around. why?

yhpm

Merry Christmas. And dont forget to pay it forward.

edit. and get a frickin headset!

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    @HydroSqueegee you are literally insane.

Literally, Not figuratively, insane. :bigfrown:

• Options
    @HydroSqueegee you are literally insane.

Literally, Not figuratively, insane. :bigfrown:

i blame the eggnog. that bastard has been egging me on all week!

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    So, what do people like in their Oxides?

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

SRM4s

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

SRM4s

Well, yes. But with a 300XL in there, it looks like I'm going to have a hard time fitting in all the SRM4s and enough ammo and armor. So, what trade-offs do people make?

• Options
    12000 XP in one match. i was 1600 XP short of fully basicing the HBR-Prime in 1 match. amazing.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

SRM4s

Well, yes. But with a 300XL in there, it looks like I'm going to have a hard time fitting in all the SRM4s and enough ammo and armor. So, what trade-offs do people make?

XL280, but it does run light on ammo. alternately, 2 SRM4 1 SRM6 or 2 SRM4 2 SRM2

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oxides are nasty little bastards, with their SRMs and speed.

edit
    ever since the cbill changes I think I actually make less, even with the AH's cbill bonus, than I used to.

Cause on really good matches, I'd be able to hit 200k+ without premium or bonuses, and tonight I had a couple great runs that barely netted me 100k.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    meant to edit my previous post, I'm an idiot.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    so the hellbringer has been OK so far. my only real complaint is the bugged CT and its overall sluggishness.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    XL 300 Oxide with SRM12 ... Wow.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I think the Oxide might be better with an XL270 and 4x SRM4 with 5 tons of ammo. Just requires both Endo and Ferro.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    2.5 xp?! Drat I'm away with only my laptop :( thing runs bad in the training ground I'd shudder to see it in a fight. Not to mention Asia ping..

• Options
    man. i didnt lose a single side torso last night in the hellbringer. it was CT all day every day for that thing. :/

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    man. i didnt lose a single side torso last night in the hellbringer. it was CT all day every day for that thing. :/

but look at the bright side.

You'll have them mastered in 5 matches each so the suffering wont be long lived.

edit
    wish the wang was on a bigger sale so I could get it for the 7 dollar package, I really want to master my cents now with the insane xp and don't have the cbills to buy the A or D

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ahhhh... laser vomit HBR. 6 ERML, 1ERLL, Mk1 TC, + ML and LL range 5 mods. so nice. hot, but nice.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

but look at the bright side.

You'll have them mastered in 5 matches each so the suffering wont be long lived.

edit
    wish the wang was on a bigger sale so I could get it for the 7 dollar package, I really want to master my cents now with the insane xp and don't have the cbills to buy the A or D

grind. screw modules until you find a chassis that works.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    Iron Oosik after action report
    re: Hellbringer performance

Battlemech: HBR-B (2xLRM15, LRM20, 2xMG)

Order of action:
    The 12 mech trinary dropped around the western water extractor, a typical mix of front line battlemechs and repurposed inner sphere antiques. It was one mechwarriors first drop, and needed a quick lesson on target acquisition and missile lock. Really, how can they send such rookies on such an important mission? After the drop the lights and mediums spread into a disorganized fan and proceeded to the flats. A Thunderbolt and Direwolf trundled through the cave. I set up in the city to support the team below me and kept an eye on the crashed dropship. An auspicious sign.

First contact was a Jenner, 1.3km away, out of range. Turned back to the ridge, an Ice ferret, charging at me from 800m. Foolish. I stripped a leg and both arms in 3 volleys and sustained only superficial damage. Lining up for a coup de gras, my heart sunk as over the comms the tunnel team reported that they were down and that they had wounded an Atlas in the tunnel. I ignored the crippled light and turned towards the mid tunnel exit. Locked, then alpha'd. As the missiles were in route he turned and fired his AC20, but at 500m it was jus a glancing blow. The missiles struck center mass and the Atlas was down. Behind him was the second atlas with a gauss and stripped side torso armor. I started streaming missiles and must have connected with the rifle as the torso blew much earlier than expected, the second Atlas went whirling to oblivion. Further proving that an IS gauss rifle and IS XL is vastly inferior. The wounded Ice Ferret was trying to escape over the hill, only to be struck down by a PPC shot from the rookie. I keyed the comm, "Nice shot kid."

The team had engaged the enemy in the flat below and I rushed to give support. Chain firing to maximize effect I was able to help the pinned down star so the could retreat to the city. I swung alone to the drop ship to get a better angle at the enemy firing line on the ridge. A hellbringer, with ecm, a summoner and timberwolf. The rookie got a solid shot on the hellbringer, scrambling the delicate electronic equipment. I locked on and fired until the signal stopped. The summoner and timberwolf focused on the rookie and I was unable to help. His sacrifce allowed me to escape.

I had to take a moment to analyze the strategic situation. 10 mechs destroyed and down to 2 friendlys. I had almost no LRM ammo, full MG ammo, only the superficial armor damage. Friendly timberwolf had all his armament but was armor stripped. We retreated to the safety of our base and its turrets.

We discussed our next move. I would lead and absorb as much as I could and he would punch. We traveled from our base along the ridge and found the wounded Summoner (stock prime) and Laser Timberwolf. We attempted to avoid contact but were spotted by the Summoner. He eliminated the Timberwolf before he could get a shot off, but it let me close the distance. The Calliope turrets open fire as I crested the hill, only 100m from the Summoner. I was able to finish him off with the remaining LRM ammo and MGs. The calliopes fired again and mangled my left torso (taking the arm and 1MG with it). Came around a building to get out of the LOS of the turret and ran into the final Timberwolf. Cherry CT but fully armed. He fired and removed a leg. I hold the trigger down praying that the final MG can spew enough lead to finish the protective engine shielding. He fires again but splashes the damage across the torsos as he tries to mitigate the constant plinking by torso twisting. But the timberwolf had a big nose and the final rounds strike home, the timberwolf falls into the snow and we are victorious. Suggest a rescue mission for the rookie, its cold out there and we don't have much time... And I owe him a beer.

Summary: 5 confirmed kills (3LRM, 2MG), 7 assists. 850 damage. Potential improvements move to 2xLRM20, LRM5, and replace MGs for ERSML.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    its always a good feeling killing someone you know.

5vFFzyd.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    You'd think after the third or fourth time they release a new 'mech with a gigantic potbelly target center torso and have to patch the hitboxes, they'd learn something.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    You'd think after the third or fourth time they release a new 'mech with a gigantic potbelly target center torso and have to patch the hitboxes, they'd learn something.

its not just a potbelly problem. i cored a HBR front CT out by shooting him in the rear left torso. :?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    a lot of mechs have that problem. I was playing around in the training grounds in every other shot was hitting the front CT when I was shooting them in the back.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Playing against the Loki, I'd definitely say that my initial impression is that it's better than its cousin Thor, but probably not as scary as the Timberwolf. Probably right around the Stormcrow in terms of how quickly I want to get one dead or get away from one.