As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Robert F. Williams [Chat]

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Mayonnaise is the best thing.

It is vinegar, cream and oil. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WISH FOR?

just give me the vinegar and oil

NEVER
    i would rather eat avocado

or hummus (but hummus is actually good)

Avocados are the worst though.

But of we're talking about bad things that are everywhere, then cilantro/coriander is the winner.

Coriander, a short play
    Chef: Apo, would you like everything to taste like soap?
    Apo: No. That would be awful.
    Chef: But I already put coriander in everything
    Apo: :(

not liking cilantro is literally a marker of having inferior genes fyi hth

WORKING genes.

WORKING.

nah

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    the wii did have a lot of shovelware

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Wonderful 101 is worth a console.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    which when I say "where it's at" i mean as far as playing real games. you're not going to get dragon age inquisition out of the free to play market

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    nintendo makes a lot of money because they sell the consoles at a profit and then sell lots of first party titles

They are so loaded with franchises that can each individually sell an entire system by themselves that they have a franchise based on their franchises that is so popular it sells people Wii Us

sadly, i don't think it sold very many wii us

I mean, it sold me one.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-sales-reach-7-3m-3ds-sales-hit-45m/1100-6423241/

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    the wii did have a lot of shovelware

Go play smash bros

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    and similarly, there are great mobile games. but also a lot of bad f2p shovelware.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'll never buy a wiiu because then i'll never play bayo 1+2 + wonderful 101 and it'll piss off surrealitycheck

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I used to hate basically everything MS back in the browser war days, but over time (and major improvements to their software) I have come to accept MS office and windows. I like the surface a lot too and even like win mobile, for at least doing something different instead of aping iOS. But I just don't have any positive feelings towards them as a gaming company. Some of my favorite gaming experiences from last gen were on the 360 (FO:NV, Skyrim, Rockband) but I just don't associate them with the 360. Probably because I could have played them on another system if I wanted to. The 360 is the only console I ever owned that I don't have strong associations with though.

To be honest, it's probably lingering bad feelings towards MS over (1) buying Bungie and killing Myth/the real vision of Halo, (2) them paying lots of money to get Bioware to make console games and (3) Morrowind becoming a crossover hit, leading to Oblivion. Those are three of the events in gaming history that I most wish could be changed, and I'll probably never really like MS as a gaming company because of them.

but bioware making console games is what led to the objectively superior action and player-skill based combat the modern dragon age and mass effect series have given us

Did pretty shitty on black Friday tho. But Xbone price drop kinda carried the day.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Not anti-Nintendo, just spewing internet bile at them.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    every console has a lot of shovelware

real talk if you buy a nintendo console and get anything other than first party titles and maybe a handful of third party exclusives you are doing it wrong

i worked at a videostore w/ a friend and we got free rentals at the height of the wii craze

so

many

unplayable

games

we tried 3 a night just to fuck with 'em

even nintendo branded games were complete and utter pieces of unplayable-ness

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    kedinik wrote: »

I'd say "they should be shut down and sold for parts" is pretty harsh for a company that has so much money they could masturbate for 40 years before going broke

the same kind of risk that gave us the lackluster Wii-U gave us the DS

it just didnt pay off this time

override367 on
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I am 99% certain that I will never own a Nintendo system again unless my son wants one when he is older. But I am hopeful he won't.

I would consider a Nintendo handheld one day, if they made something that was actually a piece of contemporary technology and that looked like it.

yeah, have you seen their last two consoles

i am anti those

they suck.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    Though interestingly, Microsoft owned Black Friday with their bundles.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/9h/ccpvcrfofijp.jpg

All I can do is look at this graphic and feel terrible for Nintendo.

I was considering a WiiU and almost picked up a PS4 before going with nothing. I don't think they were up to doing any interesting sales this weekend.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    the console i'm most interested in buying is the ps3, because it can play guilty gear xrd and a bunch of other anime fighters
    i declare sony the winner of the console wars.

I just bought a PS3 instead of any of that new shit.

I mean, it's going to play Persona 5. I don't know what more you could want.

@override367‌ have you noticed that their mobile systems are ahead of the curve and their consoles are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY behind it

didn't microsoft and sony both implement motion capture nonsense in their consoles because the wii was so successful

i do earnestly think nintendo should get out of the console game, but that's purely speaking as a consumer who wants to buy fewer consoles

being able to play zelda or smush bruddas on a playstation or xbox or even better, as a glorious pc master race adonis would be excellent

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

NEVER

But of we're talking about bad things that are everywhere, then cilantro/coriander is the winner.

Coriander, a short play

WORKING genes.

WORKING.

nah

No, really. People who find it unpalatable have a gene that allows them to taste the unpleasant notes, the gene is broken or unexpressed in those that do taste it.

OR SO I HAVE BEEN LEAD TO BELIEVE BY WESTERN MEDICINE

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    NinTinder

Is the future of video game dating

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Nintendo will be making some variant of the game boy or DS for the foreseeable future.

Wii U might be their last standalone home console though.

This means the DS3 / DSWii will be the only place to play Zelda / Mario / etc.

Maybe they will make a chrome cast-like dongle so you can play them on the TV, but there is no reason for them to try making another home console.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

NEVER

Coriander, a short play

WORKING genes.

WORKING.

nah

No, really. People who find it unpalatable have a gene that allows them to taste the unpleasant notes, the gene is broken or unexpressed in those that do taste it.

Pffft

Western medicine doesn't even acknowledge the supremacy of chakra energy

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I'd love Nintendo's properties to end up on other systems

it could be a while before that happens though

I think more consoles should be vaguely cube shaped and have handles tho

If that balance sheet, this yen conversion, and my sleep deprived math is correct, Nintendo is sitting on like $11 billion in assets.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

NEVER

Coriander, a short play

WORKING genes.

WORKING.

nah

Yes you have a gene that makes cilantro taste bad

And the rest of humanity are the broken ones...

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades

NEVER

Coriander, a short play

WORKING genes.

WORKING.

nah

Pffft

Western medicine doesn't even acknowledge the supremacy of chakra energy

OR SHOULD I SAY THE SICKNESS INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX

didn't microsoft and sony both implement motion capture nonsense in their consoles because the wii was so successful

the kinect is surprisingly the most powerful motion capture stuff out there for commercial use i guess http://architizer.com/blog/the-militarys-newest-architectural-tool/

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

NEVER

Coriander, a short play

WORKING genes.

WORKING.

nah

being able to taste otherwise undetectable unpleasantness is the worst mutant power.

edited December 2014
    i'd prefer nintendo to go back to making consoles 'for me' but i don't think they will because they make money doing their own thing and why try to be microsoft and sony and lose money and do poorly

also i don't think i'd buy a nintendo console even if it pushed all the flops because i'm not really a console gamer anymore. IT AIN'T IN ME NO MO'

P10 on

I'd say "they should be shut down and sold for parts" is pretty harsh for a company that has so much money they could masturbate for 40 years before going broke

the same kind of risk that gave us the lackluster Wii-U gave us the DS

it just didnt pay off this time

I personally agree with Syndalis' vision for the future of Nintendo, in which they just straight transition to a hand-held console that can be played on the TV and sell that exclusively.

God knows Nintendo does better when they're playing their own game instead of Microsoft and Sony's.

i'd prefer nintendo to go back to making consoles 'for me' but i don't think they will because they make money doing their own thing and why try to be microsoft and sony and lose money and do poorly

also i don't think i'd buy a nintendo console even if it was pushed all the flops because i'm not really a console gamer anymore. IT AIN'T IN ME NO MO'

i think it's more their extreme hubris at this point

i gave up on any hope of the wii-u when i read articles like this 2 years ago: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-07-nintendo-human-resources-must-approve-your-miiverse-posts

they thought 30 minutes from sending to receiving a message online was acceptable

Deebaser wrote: »

NEVER

Coriander, a short play

WORKING genes.

WORKING.

nah

being able to taste otherwise undetectable unpleasantness is the worst mutant power.

Pretty sure not being able to taste it is the mutant power. Either way, yes it sucks.

Also there are people who cannot smell the effect that asparagus has on urine and also people who are unaffected by the consumption of asparagus.

These traits can be combined in all the different permutations too. Which just goes to show evolution is a mother

also i don't think i'd buy a nintendo console even if it was pushed all the flops because i'm not really a console gamer anymore. IT AIN'T IN ME NO MO'

The 3DS is about as 'for me' as video game consoles come.

I commonly stare at it in amazement because it is everything I ever wanted as a child.

I mean, yeah, it's super mundane and not very impressive technology nowadays, but back in 1996 it would've been beyond my wildest dreams.

it would be fun for someone, maybe @tyrannus‌, to pull Sony's records from 15+ years ago when the PS and PS2 were top of the heap and we can extrapolate how they'll never have to sell all their parts and be a poor shell of their former self

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Nintendo was lol worthy for me when I read the report about how no one at Nintendo Japan knew what PSN or XBL were, they were trying to build an online infrastructure for the Wii U and never even knew their competitors much less looked at the services.

bloodyroarxx on
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    While I do t agree with lots of Nintendo's decisions lately, I respect that they have a vision for their platforms and they stick to it. I think it is pretty weak how MS backpedaled from their visions of an internet only gaming and entertainment hub to a more conventional console that even dropped the kinect to compete with Sony on price. It probably makes more business sense than sticking with the vision, but it shows less integrity IMO.

This discussion has been closed.