As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

buying a MacBook

Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better.Registered User regular
What are the must haves when you're buying a Macbook? Is the extended service thing worth it?

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I've had nothing but good experiences with AppleCare. I'd say it's well worth the cost.

Other than that, I don't think there are any real "musts". The Apple Remote is nice to have if you're going to plug your computer into a TV a lot.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    It's definitely worth the cost, especially in terms of hardware failure.

Everyone I know has had some catastrophic failure within 5 years, def worth the price.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    you want at least 8 gigs of ram and an SSD

OS X is shit without either of those

• kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    What do you want to do with it?

fwKS7.png?1
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    It's for nothing special. Internet and videos is her main usage for computers.

• Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    You may be eligible for education or government employee pricing, so make sure you take advantage if possible.

• kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    It's for nothing special. Internet and videos is her main usage for computers.

then i'd get a 13" macbook air with applecare.

fwKS7.png?1