As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Telltale Games] The Vault of the Traveler

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I was in the same position re:Borderlands and Tales is currently my favorite thing in the whole franchise.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Tales From The Borderlands sounds great to me, because I kinda just want to wander around in that setting and not shoot everything.

And I like Borderlands a lot.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mostly I was asking Yaya who seems not to previously be a fan

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't care about borderlands but tales from the borderlands was pretty great

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, Tales requires absolutely no prior knowledge. There's a bunch of exposition up front and then the rest is just a rad story that is in that universe.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What about game of thrones on that front

I heard it is after season 3? Will I be spoiled if I ever want to watch the show?

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Yes. It starts at a pretty significant event.

• Options
    Game of Thtones is the opposite. If you don't watch the show you will be entirely lost.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I can't even pick my fucking Sentinel
    This is agony

Telltale made me agonise for the better part of an hour about who to sit with for dinner.

It's kinda what they do.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Legba wrote: »
    I can't even pick my fucking Sentinel
    This is agony

Telltale made me agonise for the better part of an hour about who to sit with for dinner.

It's kinda what they do.
    Kenny for life.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Any news on when TWD Season 3 might be coming out? I finished season 2
    Completely alone, which was the choice only 19% of players choose.

I kinda wanted to see more from my 400 Days choices.
    I was able to get everyone to go to the camp, then the only person I seem to talk to is Bonnie, who was my least favor storyline since you have to kill that man's wife or the game says you die.

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Game of Thrones was alright (the ending is almost absurdly left-field, but in a good way). But it looks absolutely terrible like they didn't finish it or something.

Honestly if they just spent the next 3 years making new Bigby Wolf Adventures I'd be a happy man.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Picked Game of Thrones up on iOS since I can't really drop the 30 bucks for a season pass.

(Ending spoilers for Episode 1.)
    Welp, I read the books. Probably should have remembered what a fuckhole Ramsay is.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Game of Thrones was alright (the ending is almost absurdly left-field, but in a good way). But it looks absolutely terrible like they didn't finish it or something.

Like... graphically? You're crazy, man
    It looks just as good as Wolf Among Us

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

I mean, the iOS version loses texture here and there and the dialogue's a bit choppy, but that's to be expected.

(Seriously, buy this on PC if you can; the iOS version is fine, it's just annoying to have random graphics glitching out.)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I played on PS4, no graphics glitches for me, though sometimes if you pause in the middle of a cutscene the menu music has kind of a weird popping effect every second or so

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    That was a Game of Thrones-ass Game of Thrones ending

Decisions
    I left Bowen behind

I swore loyalty to the King

I sent Erik to the Wall

I picked Duncan as Sentinel

I met Ramsay at the Gate
    Same

Same

Chopped off his fingers, myself

Picked the other dude

Met Ramsay in the Hall
    Same

Same

Pardoned Erik

Picked uh, not-Duncan

Met Ramsay at the gate
    Left Bowen behind.

Swore fealty to Joffrey.

Pardoned Erik.

Picked Duncan.

Met Ser Asshole of Shitfuckery in the hall.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    GoT
    I thought I was playing Ramsay so well. :(
    Credit to the writers, that is absolutely what Ramsay would do.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Ramsay is easily my least favorite character of the entire show, his scenes are always too overwrought and he's in it too much

He is used perfectly here

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular

I played it on PC and there are little squares everywhere on the outlines of things

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    tales from the borderlands was terrific thus far, and so graphically impressive. I think it's awesome that telltale got the graphics so spot on from gearbox. The art is just THE SAME which is a great thing.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    tales from the borderlands was terrific thus far, and so graphically impressive. I think it's awesome that telltale got the graphics so spot on from gearbox. The art is just THE SAME which is a great thing.

Even down to the UI design!

• Options
    They actually had direct help from Gearbox so I wouldn't be surprised if they got the assets and shit straight from the source

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Wait what the heck

When did Moriveth get banned :(

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    He's hosting it, so that's to be expected

Pretty sure they're just talking about Tales and Game of Thrones

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    wouldn't be surprised if they did announce future projects soon though, borderlands and game of thrones were announced between episode 1 of wolf and episode 1 of walking dead 2

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Half-Life 3: A Telltale Games Series

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    minecraft_storymode_logo_650px.png
    As 2014 comes to a close, we are delighted to confirm our partnership with Mojang to create a new episodic game series based on one of the most popular video games in history - Minecraft.

Minecraft: Story Mode will be an all-new narrative-driven game series developed by Telltale in collaboration with Mojang. Set in the world of Minecraft, the series will feature an original story, driven by player choice. It will not be an add-on for Minecraft, but rather a separate stand-alone product that will premiere in 2015 on consoles, computers and mobile devices.

Telltale's game series will mix new characters with familiar themes, in an entirely original Minecraft experience, inspired by the Minecraft community and the game that continues to inspire a generation.

For more information on why Telltale and Mojang chose to work together, visit Mojang's blog.

2014 is Telltale's tenth anniversary year; seeing in the climactic finales of the critically acclaimed and best-selling The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead: Season Two. With the recent premieres of both Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands, our 2015 lineup will include the remainder of both of those new series, and now it will also include the premiere of Minecraft: Story Mode.

After ten years of making games, Telltale is JUST getting started! We would like to thank all of our incredible fans across the world, as we continue to forge ahead in creating adventures where the most important author of each story is YOU. We'll have more in the months ahead, but for now, we thank you again, and wish you a safe and happy holiday and a prosperous New Year!

http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/88513/telltale-and-mojang-developing-minecraft-story-mode-a-telltale-games-series-for-2015

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    That is simultaneously the craziest and most boring thing that they could possibly announce.

• Options
    Oh fuuuuuck off

• Options
    What did you guys not like the lego movie

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Hey relax, it's for the kids!

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Oh fuuuuuck off

This seems like a very intense reaction to this

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Minecraft is a good game and this will also be a good game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

Very good point. Telltale hasn't done anything aimed at younger audiences since what, Strong Bad?

Gotta broaden their base a bit.

It's pretty crazy that telltale has a hand in 3 of the biggest entertainment properties on the planet now with Walking Dead, GoT, and now this. What's next, a Marvel game?

(Please let that be next)

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yeah I know hundreds of kids, like personally, that will be pleased as punch to play this minecraft story mode.

This game should be great for tons of kids (assuming it is done well).

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »

Very good point. Telltale hasn't done anything aimed at younger audiences since what, Strong Bad?

Gotta broaden their base a bit.

It's pretty crazy that telltale has a hand in 3 of the biggest entertainment properties on the planet now with Walking Dead, GoT, and now this. What's next, a Marvel game?

(Please let that be next)

Why did you have to suggest that? Now I know that's a thing that could potentially exist and I want it so bad.