As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Telltale Games] The Vault of the Traveler

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    ...does Handsome Jack have a prosthetic face?

yeup! Well, more of just a mask. His real face got messed up

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    yeah did you not notice that

I've never played the main Borderlands games, and he showed up too briefly for me to get a good look in episode 1

• Options
    Don't mind tal.

This is what his face looks like in-game:

borderlands_2_handsome_jack_icon_by_killzonepro194-d5hdivt.jpg

But even in-game you don't often get that good a look at his face.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Heh heh

For your second playthrough on ep 2 make sure you try to ignore and not acknowledge Handsome Jack when you're in the desert

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    This episode was pretty good

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hooooo boy episode 2 is done
    That final sequence in the chamber was beautifully shot and scored, it was enough to get me to choose Jack out of desperation. Aaaand I'm in the minority for that choice, a lot of choices this episode as it turns out. Did ~98% of people really look in Sasha's gift box?

It's been fun to figure out how I'm playing both Rhys and Fiona, with Fiona I'm cool under pressure, and cautious enough to not poke hornet's nests right away. With Rhys I've had him bouncing between confident and freaked out, and Handsome Jack has really been an interesting factor in that regard.

• Options
    I'm almost positive it was 98% did not look in the box

• Options
    Also god this song is so good

https://youtu.be/3pHQuCezmLE

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    About TftBL and whom the story's being told to...
    Think it's possible he may have some relation to Zer0? The tag on his arm does read as MES-1027 and he's got a digitally-altered voice thing going on. Or do you think the Stranger might be someone from the story itself and whose identity will change depending on the choices made during the episodes?

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    TftB episode 2 is so good! I think I'll run back through the first and second episodes to make all the other choices.
    I stole Athena's shield!

Finder's keepers!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    So I played Game of Thrones last weekend and decided to give Tales from the Borderlands a shot, despite not having a huge amount of interest in it.

Holy geez I love Tales from the Borderlands so goddamn much. Though I'm now angry at myself for playing it before the full season is out, because I binged through the two episodes and need more desperately. I appreciate that it has high stakes but uses humour to make it feel very different from some of their more recent releases.

I like Game of Thrones, but I don't love it. It feels a little too similar to games like TWD?
    I don't end up feeling attached to any characters because I can almost always count on them dying. I also feel a little less connected to events in general, because I can see the difference between making a choice and not making a choice and am hyperaware of the fact that my choices don't really matter. Like the ending of Episode 1. I'm half as likely to roll my eyes and sigh dramatically than to be really upset that a character I started to like just got capped.

I don't feel the urge to go back and correct choices in Borderlands, though. Mostly because I feel rewarded by whatever choice I make through quips, and am not left wondering "but what if..."

I'm pretty tempted to get the Pre-Sequel now just to stop jonesing for another fix.

I also like that I am equally interested in Rhys and Fiona's plots. So I'm not yelling at my computer to go back whenever it changes perspectives.

I also love every single dang instance of unreliable narrator they use!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    "Oh, sure, that happened."

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Really liking Borderlands.

Right now I'm playing both mostly honest with a bit of edge.

Might try playing them as jerks later.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Playing Episode 2 of Borderlands

FUCKING EW

ALSO HILARIOUS

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm mostly playing as well-intentioned good guys who also want to con people out of their money. Who also can't help but choose the sassy option whenever it comes up. Because obviously.

TftB Ep 2
    I also loved the notification of "WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE FACE?"

Just so good.

Steam
  • Options
    Oh my god the credits scene in Episode 2 is just incredible

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Like that might be my favorite sequence in any Telltale game

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I think the music is s big part of it.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I think the music is s big part of it.
    I'm a sucker for good licensed music cues and that one was out of the park good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Hahahaha everyone being weirded out by how ripped Vaughn is wonderful

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I should probably buy the full Borderlands season

too many games cost too much money

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Yeah Borderlands has always had good credits sequences, and the Telltale team has obviously taken it as a challenge to just keep making cool ones

• Options
    Scooter is an actual King of the Hill character

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Did you get stung by bees?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    :bro: :bro: :bro: :bro: :bro: :bro: :bro: :bro:

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Did you get stung by bees?
    Because you're SWOLEn. Get it? Swole... swollen?

Steam
  • Options
    Do I need to call a veterinarian?
    Because those pythons are sick!

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The thing is.
    I'm sure Jack wants to help.

But.

I trust Fiona.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    finished episode 2

The music in that final scene was really really good and ratcheted up the tension a lot

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    tftb is just fucking stellar. I want more of it NOWWWWW

• Options
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    The thing is.
    I'm sure Jack wants to help.

But.

I trust Fiona.

Yeah same here
    I didn't distrust Jack (in that very specific situation) because I knew he needed me in some respect

But I trusted Fiona more

• Options
    Always Distrust Jack

That dude is a straight-up psychopath

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    borderlands
    jack is definitely only going to ask to use your body in emergency situations and not forcefully take over it as soon as he is able to

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I finally found a gif of my favorite moment in ep2

http://i.imgur.com/kS09g1h.gif

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Loader Bot for best character.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    borderlands
    jack is definitely only going to ask to use your body in emergency situations and not forcefully take over it as soon as he is able to
    The fact that Rhys has a different robot arm in the narration bits is a telling thing, I think

Especially after they showed Jack fucking with his robot arm

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I loved the bit with him and Athena. I'm a little disappointed that I missed Jenny because of it but it was worth it.

• Options
    Finding out how the two leads got to their "present day" states is one of the biggest plotlines I'm interested in
    Rhys in particular looks like a legit Atlas exec with all sorts of fancy shit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I love all of the foreshadowing they do in this game.

Especially with
    Fiona's Derringer.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    I loved the bit with him and Athena. I'm a little disappointed that I missed Jenny because of it but it was worth it.
    I'm honestly shocked that the two paths diverge even that much.

I'm not used to seeing that big of a difference in Telltale games.

IKknkhU.gif