As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV] Get to Work...and De-Ball Those Bands

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I have just heard of an interpretation of Justified where Raylan is Tim's Tyler Durden

I now need to rewatch the entire series with this in mind

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I have just heard of an interpretation of Justified where Raylan is Tim's Tyler Durden

I now need to rewatch the entire series with this in mind

That's dumb as hell

But I like it

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That doesn't hold up to thinking about even medium hard

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, yeah

It's not actually a legitimate theory

It is entertaining to imagine Tim's alter ego just being a guy who is worse at his job

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I think the real question is, who is our Mona Lisa?
    “Well, Mona Lisa and the random girl she grabbed after you left got into a fist-fight in the parking lot. Eventually Mona Lisa threw a cinder block through the girl’s windshield. She dives in, steals her purse. Doesn’t go for the money, steals all her birth-control pills and says ‘Bitch you gonna get pregnant’. She then pretends those are Ecstasy and sells ‘em to a bunch of college kids that are drinking Goldschlager at a gas station.”

She's

the woooooooooooooooooooooooooooorst

sig.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I assume the basis of it is like

Tim is a good cop who gets stuck in this podunk town, where he doesn't really have the ability to do a lot

So he invents this character of a local, a guy who shoots from the hip and breaks a few laws in order to get done what needs to get done

He creates a cowboy, essentially

And maybe he bases him on a cowboy from one of his favorite TV shows, an acclaimed HBO program that died too soon

It doesn't actually work in any conceivable way, because the whole thing is about Raylan's history

But I like it

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Has the new season of Always Sunny felt a little flat to you guys too?

There were a couple good gags in the two episodes ("I'm Frek... shit! *whistles*") but they both felt just kinda so predictable.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

There were a couple good gags in the two episodes ("I'm Frek... shit! *whistles*") but they both felt just kinda so predictable.

I have still laughed & enjoyed them, which I say is an achievement for a sitcom in its tenth year.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The next three episodes have been written by Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton & Rob McElhenney, with another being written by David Hornsby.

I expect those to be way better.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    If you aren't striving to be Donna Meagle what is even the point of being alive?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I don't like cats

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular

I have still laughed & enjoyed them, which I say is an achievement for a sitcom in its tenth year.

I also enjoyed both of them. My only real criticism so far is that for whatever reason, both episodes have felt a bit less cohesive than usual to me. They've felt less like stories, and more like collected skits on the same theme (the gang on a plane, the gang doing group dating). I'm... not sure how that's any different from their past episodes, but that's the impression I get.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    If you aren't striving to be Donna Meagle what is even the point of being alive?

donna-smoking.gif

• Options
    Cantide wrote: »

I also enjoyed both of them. My only real criticism so far is that for whatever reason, both episodes have felt a bit less cohesive than usual to me. They've felt less like stories, and more like collected skits on the same theme (the gang on a plane, the gang doing group dating). I'm... not sure how that's any different from their past episodes, but that's the impression I get.

Agreed.

Again, I feel like the next four episodes we get will be a return to form.

• Options
    Also, It's Always Sunny is going to go for twelve seasons.

I love the show but please God end it in 2017.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    The next three episodes have been written by Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton & Rob McElhenney, with another being written by David Hornsby.

yeah, i haven't seen the new season yet, but i'd expect the same

dave & john chernin aren't bad, but they're still very much the competent b-team for the show in my mind, occasionally swinging hard in one direction or the other (a gang goes to the jersey shore versus a thunder gun express)

scott marder and rob rosell are pillars of the show, but i was a little less enamored by rob's one previous solo credit (squashes their beefs) last season

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Also, It's Always Sunny is going to go for twelve seasons.

I love the show but please God end it in 2017.

wonder if the show would even be on right now if boldly going nowhere had gotten picked up (or had a pilot produced at all, i can't remember how far in the process they got with that)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I don't like cats
    jgeis wrote: »
    what is even the point of being alive?

• Options

dave & john chernin aren't bad, but they're still very much the competent b-team for the show in my mind, occasionally swinging hard in one direction or the other (a gang goes to the jersey shore versus a thunder gun express)

scott marder and rob rosell are pillars of the show, but i was a little less enamored by rob's one previous solo credit (squashes their beefs) last season

I'd have to disagree, the best writers for the show are Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton & Rob McElhenney. I also generally think the first 3-4 seasons are the best of the show though.

I mean, I like incredibly dark comedies and those three guys write the darkest of their entire writing staff.

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom" will forever be their crowning achievement.

• Options

I'd have to disagree, the best writers for the show are Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton & Rob McElhenney. I also generally think the first 3-4 seasons are the best of the show though.

I mean, I like incredibly dark comedies and those three guys write the darkest of their entire writing staff.

oh no, i'm not saying that day/howerton/mcelhenney don't write the best material for the show. they absolutely do, alongside david hornsby

but scott marder and rob rosell were fairly present in season 3 and contributed a couple of my fave episodes from season 5 on. i'm just saying they generally turn in quality.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Monsty wrote: »

It maybe has my favorite ending to any of their episodes.

Just that one tear.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    It's Always Sunny was maybe my favourite sitcom of the last decade after Arrested Development, but it honestly hasn't done much for me since Season 7. Like, I have to remind myself to watch the latest episode.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

I will always have a huge soft spot for "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis"

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

I will always have a huge soft spot for "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis"

"Who Pooped the Bed?"

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    There's going to be a show called CSI:Cyber

And it stars Patricia Arquette and James Van Der Beek.

I think I'm going to watch it just to see how ridiculous its going to be.

Just read this shit!

The FBI's team of cyber crime investigators, headed by Special Agent Avery Ryan works to solve cases involving the dark-net. Avery, a Special Agent in Charge and esteemed cyber-psychologist is in charge of the Cyber Crime Division at Quantico, Virginia. The team she leads, which also includes Senior Special Agent Elijah Mundo, is tasked with solving Internet-related murders, cyber-theft, hacking, sex offences, and blackmail."

THE DARK-NET

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    so has anybody else watched The Fall starring Gillian Anderson

I just started watching it on Netflix

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Justified S4 is ramping up nicely! The episode where Raylan and Boyd go up to "the hills" was terrific.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Just read this shit!

The FBI's team of cyber crime investigators, headed by Special Agent Avery Ryan works to solve cases involving the dark-net. Avery, a Special Agent in Charge and esteemed cyber-psychologist is in charge of the Cyber Crime Division at Quantico, Virginia. The team she leads, which also includes Senior Special Agent Elijah Mundo, is tasked with solving Internet-related murders, cyber-theft, hacking, sex offences, and blackmail."

THE DARK-NET

Combine that with the recent talk about Justified, and I'm imagining Raylan Givens having to deal with that sort of crap, and the mental image is hilarious. He would not deal well with people using "cyber" every third word.

Still not as funny as the idea of James Van Der Beek playing James Van Der Beek from Don't Trust The B, though. Because that would make me watch the show.

"My publicist thought I should try to work off some of the bad press I got for trying to sabotage Dancing with the Stars by joining the FBI."

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Agents Mundo, Breite, and Webb

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    so has anybody else watched The Fall starring Gillian Anderson

I just started watching it on Netflix

Yes. It is super good.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the best show no one is watching on netflix is happy valley

the best show no one is watching on hulu is deadbeat

the worst pilot everyone needs to watch and laugh at on amazon is point of honor

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Geebs are you forgetting to log out of your alt Christmas account

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

Just read this shit!

THE DARK-NET

URL, Interrupted

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    You can't talk about it's ridiculousness without showing the trailer, cmon now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7pGdsJQmao

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The Dark-net makes it a prequel to Almost human

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    legit distraught anyone'd think i was some kinda chump like geebs

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    "cyber" as a word on its own has weird connotations for me

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh my god... Leslie's walk across the ice might be my favorite Parks moment so far.

• Options
    Vice President of Nougat

This discussion has been closed.