As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV] Get to Work...and De-Ball Those Bands

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited February 2015 in Social Entropy++
Once Upon a Time is certainly a TV show... I think?

It has actresses?

And actors?

There's a story?

Stuff definitely happens.

The kid stinks.

Little Red Riding Hood is pretty trashy.

I fucking hate Mulan

I'm in the middle of season 2 right now.

Weep for me. Weep for me. Weep for me.

Raijin Quickfoot on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This purgatory type place they keep going to because of the sleeping curse is dumb and Charming is dumb.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Now that this thread is back.

Okay what the shit is going on with cordelia. Stabbing wolfram and hard lady? The fuck?
    Was she the one who drugged angel's drink?

Also I'm happy Gunn/Wesley/Fred/Lorne are getting to see Angelus now. They were way too eager to see him come back.
    I'll be interested to see if they completely shun him when he gets his soul back, or if they'll be closer yet more scared of him?

• Options
    None of those things happened in Once Upon a Time.

• Options
    None of those things happened in Once Upon a Time.

Wait a few seasons and you'll catch up

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

Okay what the shit is going on with cordelia. Stabbing wolfram and hard lady? The fuck?

Also I'm happy Gunn/Wesley/Fred/Lorne are getting to see Angelus now. They were way too eager to see him come back.
    I'll be interested to see if they completely shun him when he gets his soul back, or if they'll be closer yet more scared of him?

remember how I said not to try and think too hard about season 4

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Once Upon a Time is certainly a TV show... I think?

It has actresses?

And actors?

There's a story?

Stuff definitely happens.

The kid stinks.

Little Red Riding Hood is pretty trashy.

I fucking hate Mulan

I'm in the middle of season 2 right now.

Weep for me. Weep for me. Weep for me.

We are also midway through season 2

It is... I mean, I'll give it this, it is a REALLY good hatewatch.

I hate a lot of characters, but none so much as Emma, aka the dumbest, worst person on a show with literal trolls and witches.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Also, I called a major plot twist as soon as they introduced it, not because it makes sense or was compelling, but because it's the sort of dumb move Once Upon A Time would pull

S2 spoilers
    Of course her ex-husband is fucking Baelfire, and of course it was "just fate"

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Yeah, what keeps me going with Once is that every episode there's a chance that Rumpelstiltskin may just kill everyone.

Also, I love seeing how they top their own ridiculous nonsense.

That kid though.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it's so goddamned stupid but I haven't gotten past the scene where the evil queen shows up to the potluck yet

• Options
    Mulan is the worst.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    We're making our way through season two as well. I might dislike Aurora even more though.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I will say that Henrys dad becomes my favorite charactor in whole show second to Rumple.

Spoilers about Once Upon a Time related to Niel(Henrys dad/ not Emmas exhusband because they never married)
    when they killed off Balefire i pretty much gave up on the show.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    it's so goddamned stupid but I haven't gotten past the scene where the evil queen shows up to the potluck yet

That scene is incredible in how awful it paints the protagonists

like, it's "WWE babyface" levels of "these heroes are actually terrible people"

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    have you guys gotten to the episode where emma puts on glasses and pulls her hair back to ~be a teenager~

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

That scene is incredible in how awful it paints the protagonists

like, it's "WWE babyface" levels of "these heroes are actually terrible people"

the reason the protagonists are terrible is that they didn't just hang her on the spot

"hi, i was literally hitler, can we be friends"

no, hitler, we really can't.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    have you guys gotten to the episode where emma puts on glasses and pulls her hair back to ~be a teenager~

Yes. I made that comment when it happened. That's the old standby in movies and TV shows when they need to make someone younger.

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Rumpelstiltskin is legitimately one of my favorite TV characters ever

• Options
    I can't stand when they call him "Rumple" though.

• Options
    I do prefer they call him Mr. Gold myself.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The whole show gets a really weird attitude with names after the end of the first season

They can't decide which ones to use ever

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Okay I have to dilute this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_rnFJ9QEow

Nathan Fielder and Marion Cotillard have a holiday song for you

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dawn's being mopey over not being 'special'.

Someone needs to bring Wesley back to buffy. Show her how badass a non-special person can be, especially now that he's become pretty badass.

• Options
    I take it you haven't finished that episode yet.

The end of that episode is probably the best part of season 7, and that episode on a whole is pretty incredible.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I really like Jorge Garcia but...

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I take it you haven't finished that episode yet.

The end of that episode is probably the best part of season 7, and that episode on a whole is pretty incredible.

Finished that episode, xander gave a nice speech.

But wesley > xander.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

This was all I could think about when I stole my brother's hipster glasses and put them on.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Faith is back!

Faith putting connor in his place was rad.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Willow's back on angel!

"You must be angel's handsome yet androgynous son!...and the sneer's genetic. Who knew?"

"Wow, it's the marlboro man.. or at least his extra stubbly, mentally unstable insomniac first cousin for the love of hecate someone stop me"

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Every time I think
    "Is it even physically possible for connor to be a bigger dumbass?"
    He surprises me.

It's so satisfying watching faith completely kick his ass.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Willow's back on angel!

"You must be angel's handsome yet androgynous son!...and the sneer's genetic. Who knew?"

"Wow, it's the marlboro man.. or at least his extra stubbly, mentally unstable insomniac first cousin for the love of hecate someone stop me"

My favorite part about this, and it makes me giggle everytime i see this episode, is that im pretty sure at the very least they were dating by this point if not already married.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Willow's back on angel!

My favorite part about this, and it makes me giggle everytime i see this episode, is that im pretty sure at the very least they were dating by this point if not already married.

oh wow I didn't even know they were married.

They married in Oct 2003, and the episode aired in Feb

I'm going to guess right now that this hasn't been actually cordelia at all this season.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    How the hell did connor survive in the demon world if he's so freaking easily manipulated.
    Pretty sure his distaste for magic's pushed him to try and do more damage in the series than actual magic.

• Options
    How the hell did connor survive in the demon world if he's so freaking easily manipulated.
    Pretty sure his distaste for magic's pushed him to try and do more damage in the series than actual magic.

to be fair the only other human in the demon dimension was his "father" who manipulated him his whole life so...

• Options
    OUAT S2 spoilers
    I gave them three episodes after revealing Tamara had more going on under the surface to ruin that sense of intrigue and suspense

They did it in two

Congrats, OUAT

• Options

to be fair the only other human in the demon dimension was his "father" who manipulated him his whole life so...

Surely some of the demons there must have had higher brain function

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure which exact episode you're on now, but I was pretty annoyed by Connor until right about this point. And then in "Inside Out" I started to feel pretty bad for him (partly because Kartheiser starts putting in some pretty great performances).

I mean, all of those things do have answers though.

• Options
    kaceyp wrote: »
    I'm not sure which exact episode you're on now, but I was pretty annoyed by Connor until right about this point. And then in "Inside Out" I started to feel pretty bad for him (partly because Kartheiser starts putting in some pretty great performances).

I mean, all of those things do have answers though.

But not good ones or ones that make sense

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Say what you will about Emma or Mulan or whoever, but there is no one

NO ONE

more annoying in OUAT than Anna

This discussion has been closed.