As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV] Get to Work...and De-Ball Those Bands

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I knew Vikings was really good, but I'm also glad I put it off until now so I can watch so much of it at once. This is a good show to keep me from getting antsy during my recovery.

remember the pretend viking music I listen to?
    season 2

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    this jim guy on the newsroom is a huge huge asshole

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    this jim guy on the newsroom is a huge huge asshole

I unabashedly love the writing on that show, and heavy handed and Maudlin as it may be.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Colbert Report is now over

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Colbert Report ended really well. Sad to see it go but it was a great run

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    hey! Netflix just put up a Bojack Horseman Christmas Special!

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Mr. G wrote: »

That ya did Stephen. That ya did.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    They don't have a leg to stand on with that Eddie Izzard decision.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I just finished watching the final Colbert Report. I think I need a hanky.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just started season 3 of OUaT.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So I'm finally starting Orphan Black and boy this just kicks right off doesn't it

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Vikings Season 2, Episode 6 Unforgiven

Literally just shouted Holy shit when
    Lagertha stabbed her husband in the eye after he tried to expose her breasts.

I knew it was going to happen. There was no way that was not going to happen. But I was still so damn excited about it.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @YaYa, how do you only have 3 things on your Netflix list.

I am deeply offended.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I knew that, at some point in Twin Peaks, somebody gets trapped in a drawer knob. I didn't know who, or why, or when - just that it was coming.

It was this tantalizing sword of Damoclese. "Is this when it happens?"
    "Is this when it happens?"
    "Is this gal gonna get knobbed?"
    "Oh man, thus guy's totally bobbing for a knobbing."

I finally got to the episode where it happens, and it didn't disappoint. It was exactly as nonsensical and inexplicable as I craved.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    YaYa, The Lovely Bastard and I have watched the BoJack Horseman Christmas special and the Emerill sitcom.

It is bad...

It is so bad that I am looking forward to Stalker.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Sassori wrote: »
    Vikings Season 2, Episode 6 Unforgiven

Literally just shouted Holy shit when
    Lagertha stabbed her husband in the eye after he tried to expose her breasts.

I knew it was going to happen. There was no way that was not going to happen. But I was still so damn excited about it.

Season two is so good

Langly on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Should I refer to the back 8 of Agents Of Shield as having a quality uptick, upswing, or rocket launch? Because holy shit the quality difference is like night and day.

I'm almost done with the first season and I'm super glad that I waited for Netflix because I think the week-to-week for the first 10 episodes would've chased me off.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Should I refer to the back 8 of Agents Of Shield as having a quality uptick, upswing, or rocket launch? Because holy shit the quality difference is like night and day.

I'm almost done with the first season and I'm super glad that I waited for Netflix because I think the week-to-week for the first 10 episodes would've chased me off.

It did in fact do that to many people...the slow burn was undoubtedly too slow, but man once it got going.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Yeah! I'm so glad you all talked Agents of SHIELD. I finished the first season last night. It gets so good.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Now I just need to catch up before season two starts back up. The last few episodes are on Hulu, but I'll need to rent the first five or so. I feel like every single actor got better as the season went on. Which is crazy.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Now I just need to catch up before season two starts back up. The last few episodes are on Hulu, but I'll need to rent the first five or so. I feel like every single actor got better as the season went on. Which is crazy.

You think Ward got better in season 1?

Season 2 Ward and Skye are great.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I never really had a problem with Skye herself, but the show stops tongue-bathing her so much in Season 2, which is nice.

@nicopernicus‌ you've got a bit of time before it starts again. I think it's off until March, with Agent Carter filling in until then.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Buried in netflix as new is The Honorable Woman, which is probably one of the most underrated mini series of the year. It is like Homeland but not stupid or over the top action nonsense. I cannot recommend it enough.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    I knew that, at some point in Twin Peaks, somebody gets trapped in a drawer knob. I didn't know who, or why, or when - just that it was coming.

It was this tantalizing sword of Damoclese. "Is this when it happens?"
    "Is this when it happens?"
    "Is this gal gonna get knobbed?"
    "Oh man, thus guy's totally bobbing for a knobbing."

I finally got to the episode where it happens, and it didn't disappoint. It was exactly as nonsensical and inexplicable as I craved.
    That is the only memory I have of that show from when it ran on our national TV when I was a kid. My parents were raving about this weird show I was not allowed to watch so one night I sneaked out of bed and watched the ending to an episode. There were some people in a room, there was a bed, and then there was someone's face in the knob.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    The Bojack Horseman special was pretty spectacular.
    the weirdo in the audience was the best part.

• Options
    So is this show just going to end up being a parade of different versions of Tatiana Maslany for me to crush on

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Also a parade of "Damnit Donny!", at least until [REDACTED].

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So is this show just going to end up being a parade of different versions of Tatiana Maslany for me to crush on

Yes

Allison is the best

• Options
    Basically pushed my date out the door this morning so I could keep watching Vikings.

What have I become?

Awesome. I've become awesome.

• Options
    Hahaha holy shit
    Ragnar clucking like a chicken and then throwing an axe into that guard's head is my moment of the season so far

• Options
    Hahaha holy shit
    Ragnar clucking like a chicken and then throwing an axe into that guard's head is my moment of the season so far

WAIT NEVER MIND
    IT'S LAGERTHA PUTTING A KNIFE IN THAT FUCKER'S EYE

• Options
    Hahaha holy shit

WAIT NEVER MIND
    IT'S LAGERTHA PUTTING A KNIFE IN THAT FUCKER'S EYE

Yup yup yup

Welcome to my world.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

Yes

Allison is the best

But Cosima is right there

• Options
    Allison is definitely better than cosima

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    As far as crushing on Cosima goes

You...should keep watching

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've watched all of Orphan Black and my crush on Cosima is still going strong

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Brooklyn 99 continues to be sublime, the turkey invitation had me giggling like crazy.

This discussion has been closed.