As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] The Bard's Tale

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    i like new sona

When I win games, it's usually because I play Sona support.
    My fans know it's because I make a difference.
    My haters say it's because I'm playing a role that's insignificant.
    Either way (win or lose), the fact remains that my lane never loses.
    I accept their new Sona skin and will have to battle in my mind whether I want to use that one or stay with Silent Night Sona. <3

As for the car thing, I always get my battery replaced for free by exchanging it before the warranty expires; Riot offers no warranty on skins. Buyer beware!
    enhanced-5041-1396278170-14.jpg

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    ffffffffffffffffffffff

That's one way to get me to patch up.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I can understand fans being mad if only because Sona already has a ton of great skins and some characters basically have crap.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    DJ Sona is real as hell, and holy crap they went full-on Daft Punk with her.

In addition to Kinetic, here is Concussive and Ethereal.

Screw the skin, I'd like full (5min+ one can hope) music pieces. They managed to hit my personal preference for trance/ techno(/ god damn electronic music it's impossible to keep track of) sub-genres right perfect.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i mean it's the same basic principle as making fun of people who try to go in to a store a month later because the thing they bought went on sale and they want a refund for the difference, or who want to bring their car to a shop and get new parts for free because new ones came out. it's absurd and the only reason you think it's different is because you perceive digital goods as something that can be upgraded at any time.

no! you bought what you bought because you liked what it was, not out of some promise that it would get better or something. the only reason you're not satisfied with it is because you compare it to other things or what other people are getting instead of being happy about what it is. just abandon your capitalist programming to spend on new and shiny and enjoy the things about the thing that made you buy it in the first place. and if you don't enjoy those things? you shouldn't have bought it!

@I needed a gnome to post. no. No it's not the same basic principle at all. I guess I'm not in the mood for false equivalencies today.

But it would be the same principle if and only if stores called up their customers from time to time and said. "Hey remember that thing you bought a few years ago? It's no longer up to our standards so we are updating it. "

Which in the sense does happen all the time with vehicle and item recalls. Because customers expect a certain level of follow up and customer care from companies that they build relationships with.

In this instance Riot is most certainly a company that reacts to the changing needs of their consumers and the play environment in ways that provide customer satisfaction for goods or services previously rendered.

It is not at all unreasonable to asset that a portion of the price that goes into an Ultimate Skin package should include future support to insure the value of the item remains relevant.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    It is not at all unreasonable to asset that a portion of the price that goes into an Ultimate Skin package should include future support to insure the value of the item remains relevant.

What do you mean "the value of the item remains relevant"?

If you paid 20 bucks and then used something for a year don't you think you got 20 bucks of value out of that?

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    DJ Sona is real as hell, and holy crap they went full-on Daft Punk with her.

In addition to Kinetic, here is Concussive and Ethereal.

Screw the skin, I'd like full (5min+ one can hope) music pieces. They managed to hit my personal preference for trance/ techno(/ god damn electronic music it's impossible to keep track of) sub-genres right perfect.

There are quite a bit of options.
    I'm less concerned with categorizing sub-genres and just enjoying the things that just vibe with me while I play LoL, and a lot of it is just of the electronica kind, whether it be trance, techno, hardstep, D&B, etc, etc.

• Options
    Rend wrote: »

If you paid 20 bucks and then used something for a year don't you think you got 20 bucks of value out of that?

There is an intrinsic value.

This is why some companies have an A rating with the BBB. The cost of maintaining that standard can acceptably be passed onward to the customer in costs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

This is why some companies have an A rating with the BBB. The cost of maintaining that standard can acceptably be passed onward to the customer in costs.

So how long do you feel you should get to use your skin before Riot is no longer responsible for maintaining it?
    Because the answer to that question is not now and never will be "for the entire life of the game" for a game whose business model relies on it being around for 5+ more years.

• Options

So how long do you feel you should get to use your skin before Riot is no longer responsible for maintaining it?
    Because the answer to that question is not now and never will be "for the entire life of the game" for a game whose business model relies on it being around for 5+ more years.

That is a complicated question and outside of the scope of this particular argument.

However, we do know that riot adds older skins to the "vault" which generates an artifical scarcity and in a sense a new intrinsic value in the skin becoming more rare.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Oh hey, they made a Champion Spotlight for Trist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=633CHC6TTYY

• Options

That is a complicated question and outside of the scope of this particular argument.

However, we do know that riot adds older skins to the "vault" which generates an artifical scarcity and in a sense a new intrinsic value in the skin becoming more rare.

The answer may lie somewhere in the EULA, but nobody ever reads that.
    The world will never know.

• Options

I think it's in scope.

If I bought a legendary skin and then like 4 months later that champion got a visual update that made my legendary skin no longer desirable, I would be upset.

However, that's unlikely to happen in a reasonable timeframe because all the legendary skins look pretty good in their own right. And, if it were like a year later that the visual update came along I might be disappointed, but I don't think it would be fair to hold it against riot.

Essentially:
    1. Riot continues to visually update champions frequently
    2. Riot continues to come out with legendary skins that are awesome
    3. Riot updates all champion skins, including legendaries, with every visual update.

Choose any two.

• Options

I think it's in scope.

If I bought a legendary skin and then like 4 months later that champion got a visual update that made my legendary skin no longer desirable, I would be upset.

However, that's unlikely to happen in a reasonable timeframe because all the legendary skins look pretty good in their own right. And, if it were like a year later that the visual update came along I might be disappointed, but I don't think it would be fair to hold it against riot.

Essentially:
    3. Riot updates all champion skins, including legendaries, with every visual update.

Choose any two.

i-CV2d9W4-1050x10000.jpg

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    they recall items because they are defective. if I said hey my 2011 car isn't any good anymore, can you upgrade it to the 2015 model it would be as stupid as this analogy is because car analogies suck

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    God damn i'm loving the new Trist so much. Between her and Graves, I'm just stomping nearly every game right now in ranked. If I had the time to play some games this weekend I've no doubt i'll be back in gold in the next 10 games or less if I keep getting ADC.

• Options

I think it's in scope.

Essentially:

Choose any two.
    And just to muddy the waters, sometimes a character will get a Legendary Skin that basically is their VU and god help you if you have to play the base skin ever (Udyr...).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Jars wrote: »
    they recall items because they are defective. if I said hey my 2011 car isn't any good anymore, can you upgrade it to the 2015 model it would be as stupid as this analogy is because car analogies suck

Never said it was a direct analogy. I was making a point that it is not unreasonable to expect s reputable company to provide support for their products beyond the initial purchase.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    CW might be the worst team I've ever seen in LCS. Like, I think Velocity may have actually been a better team than them.

Edit: Let me be clear, both of these teams are bad. But CW. Holy crap.

Sprout on
  • Options
    And before that derails. We are talking about business models and customer expectations on a wide scale. Which is why I refuted the original argument that expecting riot to update a legendary skin would be like X.

If you do want a more direct analogy. Software is continually updated with all sorts of improvements for a number of years. Has your phone had a software update in the last year?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Silver

Fucking

V.

Placements ended with a Garen that rushed Mobi boots with distortion and then zz'rot portal, Teemo who went 0/6 against Swain, and a 0/12 Wukong jungle. So fitting I guess

Well. I guess time to start the climb again

Khavall on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I can understand fans being mad if only because Sona already has a ton of great skins and some characters basically have crap.

Sona already has Arcade, which overhauls all her particles, half her sounds, etc. anyways, so it's kind of surprising.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Khavall wrote: »
    Silver

Fucking

V.

Placements ended with a Garen that rushed Mobi boots with distortion and then zz'rot portal, Teemo who went 0/6 against Swain, and a 0/12 Wukong jungle. So fitting I guess

Well. I guess time to start the climb again

I placed in Silver 5 after being Gold 5 last season and I'm already about to get into promos back to Silver 1 after only about 30 games. I promoed from Silver 4 to 2, and after only 3 more games I think i'm at like 87 LP Silver 2. Something like 9 or 10 games over .500.

After I gave up jungling unless I have to and just embraced that I'm apparently now a better ADC/mid than I am a jungler(last season I mained jungle and that's how I got up to gold 2 at the highest.)

So if you're actually gold or whatever and you just placed back in silver, it's probably going to be just as easy for you to climb back.

• Options
    i am actually kind of excited to be placed under. the sense of working up the ladder will be nice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    played a new trist (ad) vs new katarina mid

nom nom nom nom

so many katarina meals

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I play support shen sometimes and I think it has some real chops

Q heals the adc, taunt is a super good all in, does good damage for not having any stats but health and movespeed

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    anything is a support as long as you can get past your team raging at you for your pick

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I have Arcade Sona and I will still get DJ Sona. I don't care.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    I play support shen sometimes and I think it has some real chops

Q heals the adc, taunt is a super good all in, does good damage for not having any stats but health and movespeed

shen belongs in the jungle right meow

• Options
    Marth wrote: »
    I have Arcade Sona and I will still get DJ Sona. I don't care.

Exactly. The problem that a lot of people had with DJ is that it seemed to occupy the same thematic space as Arcade, which is very club kiddy and chiptuney. They've gotten around this by turning Sona into a French disco robot. I need more French disco robots in my life.

Now all I need is Kanye to sample DJ Sona's hot beatzzzzz into a real club banger.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Not going to lie, I would totally buy a full DJ Sona album.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Ok I was literally just going to say after a fantastic Sion game where the team flat out refused to actually teamfight(Despite winning literally every one we were in), I decided not to play tanks anymore.

Anyways, just started a game as rammus

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    AD rammus is ok

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    That Nidalee doesn't fuck around.

butts
  • Options
    AD rammus is ok

Support Rammus is best Rammus. #nojoke

• Options
    Alright, I'm officially in the camp of new Trist is the best now. That new E makes the laning phase so much more dynamic. Laning against a Sivir, she wants to hold her spellshield for my E, so I wait for a minion to get low near her then I E the minion, she wastes her shield, i instantly pop the minion and she gets hit by the active and passive E damage. So good.

Also, since I'm just rampaging as AD carry I realized I needed to update my AD page to have AS quints instead of flat AD since i've been lazy and hadn't updated it since last season, and now I feel like i'm doing even better because the AS helps overcome how bad Trist's new AS is when her Q is down.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    win 2 get a series lose 2 fail series over and over. what am I doing

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    win 2 get a series lose 2 fail series over and over. what am I doing

The struggle is real.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.