As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    i feel like people who haven't watched raiders of the lost ark shouldn't be allowed to get married

i'm aware this is unfair and arbitrary

I would rather have married Mrs. Dover than watch Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Back to the Future, or Toy Story. Fortunately, she is really loving catching up on all these popular movies and watching them with her is like reliving my childhood.

For example, she knew about the Vadar/Luke connection (that's too big for almost everyone NOT to know), but she didn't know Luke was going to get his hand cut off just prior. It's a fast scene and comes right out of nowhere. She screamed like I did when I was a kid, although she didn't cry afterwards like I did. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Lux782 wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Well this was incredibly stupid.
    priest-oops.jpg~original

Circle of healing?

Looks like Holy Nova.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Paladin 5-3 didn't go super well (I have this bad habit of going from 4-0 -> 5-3), but I did manage to BoK my Echoing Ooze with a Sword of Justice out on turn 5. So that was fun.

I kind of think Sword of Justice is the single strongest Arena card?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I want a 12-win Arena so bad! Got an amazing draft to possibly do so, but I've gotten great drafts in the past and come up empty. I'm going to bring the wife in to see if we can steer this ship to the promised land! At the very least, I should be able to get my 150 gold back, right?

u2w8l23up8t9.png

Pros:
    -Backstab and Poison to kill off 2-drop minions
    -Lots of potential scrubs off Backstab for early board control swings
    -3/2 Barber good play without battlecry
    -Silence for Taunts/awesome minions
    -Great 3's with potential swings in SI:7 and SSC
    -2 Assassinates for fatties
    -disgusting end game with Rag, Dr. Boom, and Tank
    -average card draw with Loot Hoarder, Shiv, Gnome, and Sprint

Cons:
    -Early game is dependent on combo scrubs or combo barbers
    -Limited 5 drops and no 6 drops
    -No AoE removal
    -Too many combo style cards?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    That deck runs into seven straight mages and gets Flamestriked to 4-3.

• Options
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    Unstable Portal is still some weapons-level bullshit

sig.gif
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    0edRSyv.png

Went 10-3 with this deck. It lost twice to getting badly out-tempoed by paladins, as it did not have a good way of dealing with large numbers of minions, and a Shaman dropping Kel'Thuzad.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Man, what else were you offered that made you pick the pirate lord?

• Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Man, what else were you offered that made you pick the pirate lord?

Dark Wispers and something garbage Murloc Warleader. He was a 3/3 for 3, he did his job on curve many games.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    watching tides mess with what I think is darkwonyx deck from some tourney yesterday. it has twisting nether.

the animation is so bad ass. I had the card ages ago but never used it, always thought it would fit somewhere at some time but the dust went to more usable cards so I don't regret it... not sure how actually good this deck will be but it worked against kibler. granted it was at least partially because it had some weird elements.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Teriferin wrote: »
    0edRSyv.png

Went 10-3 with this deck. It lost twice to getting badly out-tempoed by paladins, as it did not have a good way of dealing with large numbers of minions, and a Shaman dropping Kel'Thuzad.

One of the craziest decks I've ever seen. When it was rolling it looked like Mike Tyson wrecking tomato cans.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Man, there is no feeling like being a control warrior against a hunter or zoolock, watching them vainly flail and attempt to murder you while you slowly remove every threat from the board while gaining armor. The best part is at the end, when you get to decide which way is the most fun way to kill them, Grommash and Whirlwind? Or should I boom and whirlwind? I like to imagine the hope being extinguished from their eyes.

• Options
    Just had an amazing ending. Dropped Dr. Boom to a board of 4 enemy minions with my opponent at 5hp. He kills Boom with PW:D, then kills both of the Boom Bots with his remaining 4 minions. Both Boom Bots hit his face for 2 and 3 damage.

Someone crunch the math on that! The odds of that happening were insane!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Just had an amazing ending. Dropped Dr. Boom to a board of 4 enemy minions with my opponent at 5hp. He kills Boom with PW:D, then kills both of the Boom Bots with his remaining 4 minions. Both Boom Bots hit his face for 2 and 3 damage.

Someone crunch the math on that! The odds of that happening were insane!

It's between 1% and 1.5%. 2 hits on the same target out of 5 gives you 1/25 (4%) base probability for both hits to face. After that the math sort of gets away from me. A roll of 1 from the first bot requires a roll of 4 from the second, which gives you a 1% chance of killing him. A roll of 2 or higher from the first bot requires a 3 or 4 from the second bot, which gives you a 1.5% chance of killing him.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Bleh, no point in playing priest without Lightbomb and/or Vol'jin. I guess this is the problem with new cards getting released; you don't actually have any of them? Not got the cards to ladder as any class except Warrior, and even there the lack of Grom is sorely felt.

Should have spent all the gold I saved up on arena, sigh.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Bleh, no point in playing priest without Lightbomb and/or Vol'jin. I guess this is the problem with new cards getting released; you don't actually have any of them? Not got the cards to ladder as any class except Warrior, and even there the lack of Grom is sorely felt.

Deathrattle Hunter is still quite good. You'll feel the lack of Shrinkmeisters more than Lightbomb/Vol'jin as priest (although that's easy for me to say because I pulled Vol'jin out of a pack first day of GvG).

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Deathrattle Hunter is still quite good. You'll feel the lack of Shrinkmeisters more than Lightbomb/Vol'jin as priest (although that's easy for me to say because I pulled Vol'jin out of a pack first day of GvG).

Shrinkmaster's a common, I think I have 4 of him :P

ladi.png
  • Options
    Can't make the tournament tonight. Sorry to anyone who was interested. Lots of stuff to take care of today.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

yeah people like to pick on "bluh can't believe this dude's still playing aggro what a jerk" but look you fuckers

aggro's cheap

eat shit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    My first GvG legendary is Foereaper 4000. It's a bit disapointing for a legendary.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Voljin is good but he's not so good that you can't play priest without him. Ditto lightbombs.

In my opinion anyway. He's a good five drop but it's not like the entire deck is built around him, he's not a finisher either.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    Voljin is good but he's not so good that you can't play priest without him. Ditto lightbombs.

In my opinion anyway. He's a good five drop but it's not like the entire deck is built around him, he's not a finisher either.

I played a lot of priest before GvG, it died to handlock then and it dies to handlock now.

ladi.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas everyone!

The wife and I just received an early Christmas miracle:

eqs4ir8fl1ea.png
    h1hb62ili6d6.png

t188dq42zvsn.png

485 Gold! A golden sheep! My first ever 12 win Arena!! AAAHHHHH!!!!

Dr. Boom was hands-down the MVP of the run. His Boom Bots singlehandedly won us 3 games. Seriously, this happened:

-Boom Bots each die damaging the Priest's face with a board of 4 minions, doing 5 damage for exact lethal.
    -Boom Bots each landed for 4 damage on separate Lightspawns, one of which at 9/9 and the other at 5/5 with Taunt. My 3/3 and dagger finished it off the 9/9.
    -Boom Bot kills a 4/1 Sunwalker, then does 4 to the Aldor Peacekeeper. That emptied the board for Rag!

Ask Teriferin how crazy lucky we got. The RNG was strong this day!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »

I played a lot of priest before GvG, it died to handlock then and it dies to handlock now.

Vol'jin helps a lot with that problem.

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    I would say the RNG was with you the second you pulled both Rag and Dr. Boom? Ive done countless runs...never had one let alone two in my deck =)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WillyDub wrote: »
    I would say the RNG was with you the second you pulled both Rag and Dr. Boom? Ive done countless runs...never had one let alone two in my deck =)

That's a good point. Although I feel like maybe I used up all my RNG luck getting them, but apparently not!

As a present to myself, I crafted Dr. Boom! I had to dust Mogor to get the last dust, but I think it was worth it. Now to fit him into some decks.

Also, can I make a viable Handlock deck if I'm missing Jarraxus and both Mountain Giants? I would think I could squeeze by without Jarraxus, but not the giants.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Mountain Giants are the only reason to play Handlock over a different control deck.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Mountain Giants are the only reason to play Handlock over a different control deck.

I quite like the draw and the drakes

• Options
    shadowflame

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    you face jaraxxus

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Don't try Handlock without the Mountain Giants. They are there to absorb the hard removal so your Molten Giants can kill them.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Anybody else having troubles connecting to other players?

Edit: Ne-ver-mind.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Yeah, just tried to queue up, and we both exploded during the mulligan and tied.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    qdD11gN.jpg
    GO FUCK THE DEVIL IN HELL

• Options
    Unstable Portal is pretty fucking bullshit, yes.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm so torn on it because I think it's a really fun type of card, but at it's current power level, it's super duper unfair.

EDIT- It might work better as a minion that generates minions in your hand at the start of your turn, kind of like Alarm-o-bot. That way it would work with things like Mirror Image, Frost Nova, etc.

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    The most fun change (because it's unstable) is something like "that minion gains charge and dies at the end of any turn." Allows shenanigans with brewmasters but I like brewmaster shenanigans so that's cool.