As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Official 2015 Challenge Coin Thread] Coin Orders close March 8th.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    cardkid123 wrote: »
    Does the price of the coin include shipping?
    As I understand it, that is a big reason we go with PCC, so, I think so.
    Anyone with past coin purchasing experience should speak up now!
    Let me check some fine print.
    I believe that when you go to purchase your coin, you select the shipping method which will determine the final price.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    I got a thing in the email from PCC that.. well..
    Does anyone want an IV full of Hype Concentrate?
    Because that's a thing I have now, and I could probably share it.. but around these parts Hype is Super Effective. And I would feel bad if the actual coin was 1% worse than the pictures I have.

I am too weak to resist, if you too are weak to Hype type attacks, do not open the spoiler, you have been warned.
    dD1647b.jpg
    evxkne5.jpg

Damm the coin came out really well! All aboard the HYPE train!

Order form link plz! Gimme me that coin!

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Hi Everyone!
    Hope your wallets are ready, because, preorder link!
    http://phoenixchallengecoins.com/shop/pax-east-2015-challenge-coins-phoenix-challenge-coins/

I am sad to say, international shipping is crazy high, so, if you're not in the US, either deal with it as you always do, or find a friendly American willing to let you ship your coins to them. I know @vttym offered his services in this regard, though I'm not sure he'd be too comfortable giving all the people his shipping info.

SutibunRi on
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    My coins are ordered, thanks!

• cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    Just put in my order for 3.

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Ordered my coins! Now to stare at the mailbox until they're here!!!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    gigabrain wrote: »
    How long do they usually take to arrive?

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Depends on your location. I'd expect them to arrive no later than the middle of February at if you order by the end of the weekend.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    ordered we may def wanna consider this other guy though for the future if he can do the coins for cheaper and make shipping cheaper 14.00 was almost to much for me to pull the trigger I thought about it for a second

Challenge: accepted
    Payment: processed

Rock the hell on! Fantastic job with these. Thanks a ton for getting this all together, especially in such a short timeframe.

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Ordered! Great job as always.

IMO i'd rather stay with Phoenix for coins.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • GoreySailorGoreySailor Boston, MARegistered User regular
    The final design is perfect! All ordered up, thanks!

cardkid123 wrote: »
    gigabrain wrote: »
    How long do they usually take to arrive?
    The coins haven't actually printed yet to the best of my knowledge, so don't stare too hard at the mailbox just yet.

I made an error when I boarded the hype train and cost us about 2 days, if coins don't make it to you by East, you're welcome to come find me during the Convention, and I will offer you a sincere Canadian apology, it's like an American one, but reflexive and sounds funny to Americans.

...I will offer you a sincere Canadian apology, it's like an American one, but reflexive and sounds funny to Americans.
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Ordered and paid for!!!!! I'll be watching the Mail just as much for these as my passes:)

Nice job with this project sutibun. This will only be my 2nd pax and my first time buying the coin, so I don't know how this project has gone in the past. But I would definitely say, you did a hell of the job, especially this being your first pax and under time constraints.
    I'm glad the work is over and now you will have time for play at pax!

• Joedel263Joedel263 Registered User regular
    rock on! thank you to everyone who always goes above and beyond every year to make these a reality!

So, next years theme will be Tabletop Gaming..
    Wil Wheatons grinning face, and two thumbs up.
    or, a refinement of that thought by the first person I told.
    Wil Wheaton surrounded by dice and dollar signs and a few cards.

There are reasons I don't handle the design aspect. :D

Don't worry, I wouldn't actually do that..
    Because nobody would buy the coins..

On a more serious note, the gofundme for the die costs is only 58% funded, so if anyone feels like tossing a couple bucks at it, that would be super.
    I know I initially said excess funding would be put aside for next years Die cost, but if we do end up with extra donations, I'll put up a poll to see if we'd rather donate it to Child's Play instead, and leave next years funding up to our future selves.

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Awesome! Just put in my order :) Thanks @SutibunRi‌ and @Mvrck‌ for the coordination and design of this year's coin!

0j92muX.png
  • DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Fabulous job! Thanks to all involved for their hard work and dedication to make this possible for us. CHEERS!! :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
    Oh yeah....ordered my coins as well! 8-)

• nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    Placed my order.

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Ordered mine! I'll order capsules for them when they come in.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

I am sad to say, international shipping is crazy high, so, if you're not in the US, either deal with it as you always do, or find a friendly American willing to let you ship your coins to them. I know @vttym offered his services in this regard, though I'm not sure he'd be too comfortable giving all the people his shipping info.

I'm still willing to act as a local delivery point for international folks. Anyone interested should PM me to coordinate.

• mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    Ordered!

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular

On a more serious note, the gofundme for the die costs is only 58% funded, so if anyone feels like tossing a couple bucks at it, that would be super.
    I know I initially said excess funding would be put aside for next years Die cost, but if we do end up with extra donations, I'll put up a poll to see if we'd rather donate it to Child's Play instead, and leave next years funding up to our future selves.

Does any part of the sell price of the coin go to covering the the die?

Nope.
    Die and Order Handling Fees were upfront costs I forked out out of pocket, with the intent to recoup the loss via the gofundme.
    I didn't wait to get all the funding before paying, because I didn't want to add any extra delay to the process.

• caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

Nope.
    Die and Order Handling Fees were upfront costs I forked out out of pocket, with the intent to recoup the loss via the gofundme.
    I didn't wait to get all the funding before paying, because I didn't want to add any extra delay to the process.

I've kicked in some money towards the die. Hopefully more people will do the same as you shouldn't have to bear that cost for stepping up to do all the hard work. Nice job by the way. I will be placing an order for a couple coins too.

caerulean_blue on
    Also, thanks to the 12 people who have donated so far, I don't know most of the forum handles that go with the real names gofundme is giving me.
    If you pm me with your first name and the amount you donated, I'll add your forum name to the list of donors in the OP (which I'm also typing right now, while skimming the thread for people who said they donated)

• flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Just a friendly reminder to all who purchased/or are planning to purchase the PAX East CC, if you could so kindly help to finish funding the die cost that would be greatly appreciated! As SutibunRi was gracious enough to lead the project and spearhead the funding for the die. Let's not leave our fellow PAXer out in the cold (although technically he is from North America :biggrin: so he might be use to it ).

And in case any of you were wondering yes I just donated to help the cause!

flashe on
    edited January 2015
    Hey Folks!
    Nothing interesting to see here, nope, nothing at all.
    Except for pictures of the sample coins!
    ZKlNzAM.jpg
    ah7YDiX.jpg
    XFJK7Rm.jpg
    OwdOLmQ.jpg
    lyg2Du2.jpg

Spoiler Tags? These do not hide behind spoiler tags! Bask in them!

SutibunRi on
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I have to say, BRAVO on the design. I really love it!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm SO happy you guys went away from that damn V.

Ordered this along with the PAX South coin that's up. Yay saving on shipping!

Freaking wow, man! Those are gorgeous!!! Nice work... daaaaamn nice work

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Wow, they came out really nice...now i really can't wait to get mine :)

0j92muX.png
  • TektonikkTektonikk PAX South/West Console Tournament Manager Registered User regular
    Sorry if I have overlooked this on the thread, but what is the last day to order to guarantee before East? I've got South on my hands ATM haha

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Better than last year, great work!

Tektonikk wrote: »
    Sorry if I have overlooked this on the thread, but what is the last day to order to guarantee before East? I've got South on my hands ATM haha

I'll try to find out, but I believe the best answer is "Don't wait! Order now! Time is running out!"

Awesome job!....a marvelous sight to see!....lovin' the bow :D

• ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    I ordered a coin the other day on a lark (I hadn't intended to get one, but then they became a reality and I had to have one). I had no idea the die had to be funded separately since I'd only been skimming over the thread. So I went ahead and pitched in a little on the GoFundMe too. Can't wait to get it in hand.

mkf6ad9.png
This discussion has been closed.