As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Carter of [SHIELD] (Unmarked Spoilers for Aired Episodes Inside)

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Well, he also probably didn't want to draw attention before he killed Peggy.

But his first scene established he has no problem killing.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Well, he also probably didn't want to draw attention before he killed Peggy.

But his first scene established he has no problem killing.

This is my thinking as well.

Kinda hard to put a suppressor on that thing.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    This promo has a sort of spoiler in it. It confirms some speculation that's been going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvXXxS8FnJA

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    The uploaded has not made the video available in my country.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    This promo has a sort of spoiler in it. It confirms some speculation that's been going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvXXxS8FnJA

Jeez, yeah. TV promos can be just the worst sometimes.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Eh.

Like, we already knew something was up with the one character, this just confirms it. Also
    Didn't one of the people behind the show already confirm that Blondie was a part of the BW program last week? I coulda swore I heard that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Eh.

Like, we already knew something was up with the one character, this just confirms it. Also
    Didn't one of the people behind the show already confirm that Blondie was a part of the BW program last week? I coulda swore I heard that.

Yes

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I kinda wan this to happen next week, but I know it won't
    For all the "Woman are inferior" SSR guys to get their asses handed to them by a couple Black Widows.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Eh.

Yes

Wait wait, hold up. There's a program?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Eh.

Yes

Look up the Red Room from the comics. It's probably that.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Ruh roh!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Lots of great ominous sounding Russian background music this week

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    was there something unusual about this evenings ep?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Eh.

Yes

http://marvel.wikia.com/Red_Room

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Peggy's about to feel a world of hurt by Russia's not! Black Widow Dottie next week.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

It's featured the awesomeness of Dum Dum Dugan.

We need a Howling Commandos spinoff.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

It's featured the awesomeness of Dum Dum Dugan.

We need a Howling Commandos spinoff.

I still would love to see Dum Dum on the show regularly, but it would definitely be a different show since Peggy wouldn't be forced to work behind the scenes with the Howling Commandos around giving her the proper respect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Man
    Dottie was really sloppy; didn't check behind the painting at all! She could have gotten her hands on some Cap blood!

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    The psychiatrist
    has to be a Soviet/Leviathan agent. The whole thing was a set up by the Soviets/Leviathan so they could have easily captured that small team. Yet, the facility was mostly abandoned. That means they must have wanted the team to escape.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Pretty good episode. The bit at the end with the handcuff was a nice touch.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    The psychiatrist
    has to be a Soviet/Leviathan agent. The whole thing was a set up by the Soviets/Leviathan so they could have easily captured that small team. Yet, the facility was mostly abandoned. That means they must have wanted the team to escape.
    I agree completely. The genius dude was supposedly his friend, and he kills him without a second thought or any expression of grief? Not likely. What I'm curious to see is if SRS knows he's a plant and is just humoring him. It would make for a nice subversion of how these stories usually go- especially considering that the tell was so obvious.

• Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    It wasn't just me, right? One of those
    1936 girls looked seriously like a young Scarlett Johansson.

• Options
    GDI Agent Carter, the whole point of a one time pad is that it literally CAN'T be cracked without the original pad!

Forget it...
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Doesn't this episode put Agent Carterin the small number of shows which were cold enough to have a kid get murdered in the first 5 minutes? Because...damn.

Also everything else about this was great.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Black Widow seems, like, ridiculously capable for a normal human, even with amazing training.

I wonder if Leviathan ever does get Steve's blood and ScarJo is almost every bit as old as Steve as a result.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Black Widow seems, like, ridiculously capable for a normal human, even with amazing training.

I wonder if Leviathan ever does get Steve's blood and ScarJo is almost every bit as old as Steve as a result.
    Zola gave her DOB in Winter Soldier and it was '84 or something like that. Wouldn't SHIELD/Hydra have had access to the truth? I imagine all Leviathan's secrets woulda been spilled at least after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Besides, she doesn't seem more outrageously capable than Hawkeye.

Forget it...
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Liked last nights episode, still don't like Agent Blondie, even if they give him a sad story, he's still an out and out dick for earlier shit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Liked last nights episode, still don't like Agent Blondie, even if they give him a sad story, he's still an out and out dick for earlier shit.

This is what I love about this show. The contrast of the times and the characters and out and out heroes.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I don't like Thompson, but I appreciate his character depth and enjoy watching him.

And Peggy is so goddamn badass I keep expecting them to reveal that she's secretly Nick Fury.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I don't like Thompson, but I appreciate his character depth and enjoy watching him.

And Peggy is so goddamn badass I keep expecting them to reveal that she's secretly Nick Fury.

Seeing Peggy do all this awesome shit continues to retroactively make that scene in Winter Soldier more and more sad.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Last weeks episode really got me to, not really like Thompson, but have a grudging respect for him. He is still a Turd-blossom of the highest order, but at least he can drop that for two seconds to show some humanity. Plus he's good at his job and that has to count for something.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I am sorry, writers of Agent Carter, but one-time pad codes don't work like that!

They're rather specifically made so that if you don't the corresponding code, they are uncrackable! They are not something you can just say "oh it must be a pad code" and then instantly decipher!

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I dunno, it sounded like they had the pad code, but the codebreaker dismissed it because he was an idiot who didn't think to ask if the code might have been in a language other than English...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Also, the scene near the end...
    I don't envy Dottie in the least if she's so messed up that she needs to handcuff herself to the bed before she can sleep.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    I dunno, it sounded like they had the pad code, but the codebreaker dismissed it because he was an idiot who didn't think to ask if the code might have been in a language other than English...

Or he just really wanted to take that typewriter down to Langley...

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    anybody who has seen legend of the seeker knows that dottie has qualities which mitigate mere mental trauma and possibly even full blown psychosis

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I am sorry, writers of Agent Carter, but one-time pad codes don't work like that!

They're rather specifically made so that if you don't the corresponding code, they are uncrackable! They are not something you can just say "oh it must be a pad code" and then instantly decipher!

They had the typewriter and everything from the guy's apartment. There's no point in sending him the code if he didn't also have the corresponding cypher pad. Also, since it was obviously a trap, there's no point in sending it if the SSR didn't have the key.

• Options
    Reznik wrote: »

Zola gave her DOB in Winter Soldier and it was '84 or something like that. Wouldn't SHIELD/Hydra have had access to the truth? I imagine all Leviathan's secrets woulda been spilled at least after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

They definitely weren't planning on revealing her being a super-soldier previously, but I wouldn't mind at all if they decided to go with something close to the comics origin and reveal that Fury was able to doctor the records so that he was the only one who knew the truth about her origins.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Reznik wrote: »

They definitely weren't planning on revealing her being a super-soldier previously, but I wouldn't mind at all if they decided to go with something close to the comics origin and reveal that Fury was able to doctor the records so that he was the only one who knew the truth about her origins.
    Regarding Black Widow I'd prefer they keep her a normal human in the MCU. She hasn't got the Cold War baggage the comic Widow had that Marvel liked to link her too, that's fine for the comics. In the MCU she's Marvel's female James Bond and one of the human members on the Avengers, providing humanity to ground them. I don't feel the need to make her Captain America-lite.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

They had the typewriter and everything from the guy's apartment. There's no point in sending him the code if he didn't also have the corresponding cypher pad. Also, since it was obviously a trap, there's no point in sending it if the SSR didn't have the key.

The dialogue was a bit ambiguous and they didn't show Peggy actually using the pad, just her looking at the coded sheet of paper. It could have been framed better.

I guess I'm griping because the show has up until now presented stuff better.