As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Carter of [SHIELD] (Unmarked Spoilers for Aired Episodes Inside)

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Strawmen: they're what's for dinner!

Anyway, I would love it if they just staggered AoS and Carter from here on out. Half a season of one, half a season of the other, repeat throughout the year. It would be glorious.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Anything that gets more Hayley Atwell on TV is good.

Woman is a powerhouse.

I hope the show does touch on some stuff, like Whitehall maybe will be the big bad or something, or Baron Zemo even, but I also hope they let it go on its own way and do cool stuff.

Carter's life is dope and she does dope shit.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I skipped all the essays on the previous page because lol

guys it's going to be a fun show the end

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    jdarksun wrote: »
    It's taking AoS' time slot. It's a miniseries about a woman that helped to found SHIELD. It's rife with opportunities to tie in, reference, or explore ideas related to the parent series.

It's not a mini-series it's a series, in the British format. Shorter seasons.

edit:
    Can't wait to see Arnim Zola, he needs to join the cast full-time as their evil Q.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gyral wrote: »
    Thanks Brøderbund Software, Inc. Now, when I look at the promo image I can't unsee Carmen Sandiego.
    Now I have the a capella version of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" stuck in my head.

now I do too

you, sir, are a thought criminal
    Lynne Thigpen should be cast as director of the SSR.

Unfortunately, she's a bit... dead for the role.

11 years too dead, if we're being more precise.

I am suddenly reminded of the Monty Python Marilyn Monroe skit.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I don't get why y'all keep bringing up Whitehall. It was shown that he spent the entire period from the end of WW2 to Carter's death in prison.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    I don't get why y'all keep bringing up Whitehall. It was shown that he spent the entire period from the end of WW2 to Carter's death in prison.

Uh..
    Carter isn't dead yet, as far as we know.

• Options

Uh..
    Carter isn't dead yet, as far as we know.

Good point.

Amend that to "long after her retirement".

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Strawmen: they're what's for dinner!

Anyway, I would love it if they just staggered AoS and Carter from here on out. Half a season of one, half a season of the other, repeat throughout the year. It would be glorious.

I thought it would bug me but I kinda liked AoS's mid-season break format. It created a much tighter plot arc since it had to end on a definitive note before Agent Carter took over. I can definitely get used to the shows swapping back and forth with AoS covering the crazy shit happening now and Agent Carter showing the crazy shit that formed the groundwork for modern events.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    It would be great if they could have the Winter Soldier show up. They could do a super powers arms race between the US and the Soviets, with both sides trying to scoop up Hydra scientists.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I do hope they try to make the big bads characters we don't already know. Whitehall is great, but having him as the main antagonist just removes tension as you already know how his arc plays out. I want to see little nods like that to reinforce continuity, but the main plot arcs need to be new territory.

Or else arcs in which a character isn't revealed to be someone we know until some pivotal moment.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    It would be great if they could have the Winter Soldier show up. They could do a super powers arms race between the US and the Soviets, with both sides trying to scoop up Hydra scientists.

Oh yes, do that please!

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I do hope they try to make the big bads characters we don't already know. Whitehall is great, but having him as the main antagonist just removes tension as you already know how his arc plays out. I want to see little nods like that to reinforce continuity, but the main plot arcs need to be new territory.

Or else arcs in which a character isn't revealed to be someone we know until some pivotal moment.

Eh, we only know broad strokes.

Delmain on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Delmain wrote: »

and some of us know nothing about the arcs from the comics

I don't think using Whitehall made the half-season any less tense for me

Tamin on
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »

and some of us know nothing about the arcs from the comics

I don't think using Whitehall made the half-season any less tense for me

I think @ElJeffe meant (hypothetically) using Whitehall as a big bad in Agent Carter, since we already know how he ended up in her era.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Tamin on
  • Options
    Whitehall strikes me more as a potential Hannibal Lector type. He stays in prison and gets used for intel, but plays mind games with his interviewer.

• Options
    Whitehall strikes me more as a potential Hannibal Lector type. He stays in prison and gets used for intel, but plays mind games with his interviewer.

Except she literally said no one would ever come visit him for exactly that reason.

• Options
    edited December 2014

Except she literally said no one would ever come visit him for exactly that reason.

We don't know when that conversation took place though?

Edit: In relation to the Agent Carter series, I mean.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    I get the feeling that we won't see Whitehall beyond a cameo or two. We pretty much know how his story goes already.

Finale spoiler:
    What I think we will see is a lot more about the Kree, both the dead one used to revive Coulson and the living ones that Whitehall warned Carter about during his interrogation. I don't think it is an accident that both of the flashback scenes involving Carter we've seen involved the Kree.

We saw Carter recover the corpse when she captured Whitehall, and the entire enticement behind Whitehall's offer was that Whitehall was best suited for repelling the Kree should they return.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I get the feeling that we won't see Whitehall beyond a cameo or two. We pretty much know how his story goes already.

Finale spoiler:
    What I think we will see is a lot more about the Kree, both the dead one used to revive Coulson and the living ones that Whitehall warned Carter about during his interrogation. I don't think it is an accident that both of the flashback scenes involving Carter we've seen involved the Kree.

We saw Carter recover the corpse when she captured Whitehall, and the entire enticement behind Whitehall's offer was that Whitehall was best suited for repelling the Kree should they return.

AoS spoilers
    Whitehall was probably making it sound like he knew more than what he did for an enticement. He didn't know shit about the Diviner or Inhumans, and what we do know is that he knows a myth - that's it. That's why he needed Skye's Dad.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sorry I only have a heart for two comic shows in my life...

Clearly, one of those shows is Gotham.
    Can't wait to see Arnim Zola, he needs to join the cast full-time as their evil Q.

Have there been any rumors regarding the spoiler? Cause I'd love to see...
    Toby Jones on the show, sowing the seeds for Hydra.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Nothing solid unfortunately, but he will appear in Ant-man. He's done tv work in the past so they can get him later.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

I was hoping that would happen, too... (spoilered to be safe)
    but his IMDB page lists nothing related to Agent Carter. Doesn't rule it out, but that's not a good sign.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    It would be interesting to see Hydra agents from both the US and Soviet sides secretly working together. Since Zola recovered Bucky after he was captured, he was on the train that Bucky fell off of, and the Winter Soldier ended up being a Soviet assassin, Hydra must have been playing the US and Soviets against each other while working together behind the scenes from the very beginning.

• Options
    It would be interesting to see Hydra agents from both the US and Soviet sides secretly working together. Since Zola recovered Bucky after he was captured, he was on the train that Bucky fell off of, and the Winter Soldier ended up being a Soviet assassin, Hydra must have been playing the US and Soviets against each other while working together behind the scenes from the very beginning.

Season 2?

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    TonightTomorrow's the night, and we get the trailer for Ant Man during the premier.

Hold on to yer butts!

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Tonight's the night, and we get the trailer for Ant Man during the premier.

Hold on to yer butts!

if by tonight you mean tomorrow Jan 6 at 8/9 central

• Options
    Today isn't the 6th?

Oh goddamn it

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    There's always Gotham to look forward to!

I'll just get my coat...

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Cannot wait for this show!

Two things that have already been said: Whitehall needs to make a cameo or two and Zola needs to be added as a regular.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ok, take two:
    Tonight's the night, and we get the trailer for Ant Man during the premier.

Hold on to yer butts!

Tamin on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    AV Club give episode one a good grade, and the metacritic score was hovering around 75% when I looked this morning.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So far so good. There was even some expanded world building with Vanco and the Roxxon mention.

I'm loving all of the random gadgetry.

Cururu on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    She just totally blinded that dude with science.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Goddammit. I'm so glad when I looked it up, the website we checked told us that it would air at 9pm.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Goddammit. I'm so glad when I looked it up, the website we checked told us that it would air at 9pm.
    Technically that is correct. It's also on the hour beforehand as well.

• Options
    I really enjoyed the first episode but I have to sleep now

I love love love Peggy though

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    First episode was really entertaining!

Definitely has more confident and style than even some SHIELD episodes.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    First episode was really entertaining!

Definitely has more confident and style than even some SHIELD episodes.
    The first season of AOS certainly didn't have as much style or personality as this.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile