As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros. - Final Smash Direct Dec. 15th @ 2pm PST

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    GGs! That matchup looks really rough for Wii-Fit Trainer. It doesn't look like she has many good answers to all the disjointed hitboxes G&W can throw out. The turtle even eats the sun salutation which is kind of bogus.

The disjointed hitboxes aren't even as much of a problem as how long they last. The swordsmen are possible to deal with, but GOD DAMN everything you have lasts a fraction of a second longer than I thought it would, which was continually screwing with me. Hard reads are a lot more challenging on the online play and that seemed to be the only way I could score hits on you, and it definitely wasn't enough.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Please to be enjoying the videos of today's antics what everyone has sent unto me:
    Time to study all of Wyborn's games.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Watch out for Speed's Mewtwo

He didn't bring it out in match 2 because he was gunshy I'd bring Ness, but during our friendlies afterward it was a more-or-less even match

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ZilikZilik Registered User regular
    Somehow forgot to save the second match between me and McFlynn. It was a lag-fested train wreck though so you all aren't missing much. I did save a friendly we did afterwards if you want to use that.

Switch : SW-6376-0705-0509
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Gundi and @Wyvern you both need to accept your invites on Challonge for the tourney.

Also, if you already got an opponent for the next round, you're free to do that set if you both feel like it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Oh, I didn't realize invites had even gone out yet. You'd think they'd dedicate a special part of the UI to that.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    @ChopperDave let me know when you're around. I am ready to kick Mega Man's butt! Probably.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Zilik vs McFlynn Round 1, a nail-biter to the end
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxvZSa3gYVA
    Round 2 missing, consolation friendly:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9z47UN-qs

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    @Halos Nach Tariff I just looked at my Miiverse messages and found yours from January. I'm so sorry! I feel like a shitbird. If you want to play some games sometime, let me know!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Mewtwo is now available to the masses! What better way to celebrate than with a big Mewtwo rumble?
    1. Double Elimination, with regular matches will be best of three 1v1 matches with three stocks. Winner, Loser, and Grand Finals will be best of five. Time for all matches is eight minutes.
    2. The results of Sudden Death are ignored, and the player with the lowest damage percentage when time expires is the winner.
    3. Players may only play as Mewtwo.
    4. Items and equipment are banned. Use of the Mewtwo Custom Move glitch will result in disqualification.
    5. Players may switch characters/moves between matches. The winner of the previous match opts to change first (notify your opponent of whom) and then the loser may change their character in turn.
    6. Starter Stages: 1. Battlefield, 2. Final Destination (or an identical Ω stage), 3. Duck Hunt, 4. Smashville, 5. Town and City and 6. Lylat Cruise.
    7. A starter stage is chosen via striking. Starting with the higher seeded player, players go back and forth banning starter stages until there is one stage left. The set begins on that stage.
    8. After a match, the winner may ban up to two stages. Then the loser picks the next stage, and which may be any of the starter stages or the following counterpick stages: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Kongo Jungle, Pokemon Stadium 2, Luigi's Mansion, Skyloft, Wuhu Island, and Halberd. The loser may NOT pick a stage they have previously won on in that set.
    9. When a set is finished, report results on Challonge. If you wish, you can also report the scores of each match (how many KOs each player got), but this is optional. If a mistake is made, report it to me and it'll be fixed.
    10. Sets should take thirty minutes to complete. If after five minutes your opponent has not shown up, please contact me and you will win the set by default.
    11. When playing on Final Destination, either player may choose to play on Omega Palutena's Temple instead.
    12. Smasher's Agreement: a player make pick a stage not on this list if both players agree to it.
    13. Participants must have a PA forum account to participate, and they must be available in the Steam group chat during the tournament.
    14. ORDER: Winner Bans Stages -> Loser Pick Stages -> Winner Announces Character -> Loser Announces Character -> Play Match

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    note to speed that everyone else will understand later: yeah looks like i did let go

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    Anybody want to smash? Tonight I want to experiment with some of the other G&W customs that I've unlocked but never actually used in a match.

• Options
    ZilikZilik Registered User regular
    @AbsurdProposition I'll play a few rounds with you, just give me a few minutes to hop on.

Switch : SW-6376-0705-0509
  • Options
    Cool, I'll make a room.

• Options
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Sometimes i get better results when i main the random button, and this disturbs me. I'm rather rusty so i only posted two victories tonight (for fun, time), one as Bowser, one as... Shulk. Didn't even touch the monado powers.

• Options
    Speed spending time in the lab with Mewtwo.

He has to win Friday's tournament for his honor.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    @Wyborn I'm around now for a little bit if you want to play our matches

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm logging on now, meet me in the Steam chat

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Alright, firing up the ol' steam machine now

ChopperDave on
  • Options
    GGs @Zilik! Something just came up so I gotta go early.

I need to stop somehow getting hammer immediately after using that heavy up-B custom, because other than that I'm liking a lot of its properties.

• Options
    Final verdict: Mega Man too cheap, hold still while I punch you

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    @Halos Nach Tariff I just looked at my Miiverse messages and found yours from January. I'm so sorry! I feel like a shitbird. If you want to play some games sometime, let me know!

Haha, that's alright, I haven't played in quite some time anyway! If I ever feel the desire to smash some bros again I'll look you up.

• Options
    @Gundi @Wyvern You two goan fight soon? We're waiting on you as a group

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    @Gundi @Wyvern You two goan fight soon? We're waiting on you as a group

Yeah hurry up. I need a chance to destroy @Wyborn and his dumb Ganondorf with his dumb eyebrows.

• Options
    Unfortunately I don't think Gundi has responded to the tournament at all yet. I was trying to wait, since I initially missed the invite too, but it's been another couple of days now.

If @Zilik is around tonight sometime after 9:00 EST or so we can fight, either officially or tentatively in the event that Gundi eventually shows up.

• Options
    mew2king looking to quit melee for smash 4, citing melee destroying his hands

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Welp, my cable is out for the second time in the last three weeks, because Comcast. So there's a pretty good chance I won't be able to do the Mewtwo tourney tonight.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Crud, I forgot about the tourney when I agreed to drive to my Dad's to set up his new TV.

Oh well. I haven't played as Mewtwo yet anyway.

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Welp, my cable is out for the second time in the last three weeks, because Comcast. So there's a pretty good chance I won't be able to do the Mewtwo tourney tonight.

yo real glad you said that because i thought may 1 was tomorrow

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Okay, nevermind, my internet is fixed. Last time it was out for almost a full day, so I was pessimistic.

• Options
    It doesn't look like there's enough interest in the tournament tonight.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    may 1 was tomorrow after all who knew

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Has anyone seen Gundi at all

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    not, like, physically but he's been posting daily

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Well, @Gundi has this weekend to accept the invite and play the set.

If there are any issues with Challonge, then let me know ASAP.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    anyone here play bowser (or charizard) and have any tips? i just got done playing maybe 30 rounds online against a mewtwo and although some games were sorta close i think the guy left because he got tired of just stomping on me.every attack i do as bowser just feels super unsafe.

• Options
    I don't know a ton about Bowser but his tilts are baller, and fairly safe. DTilt hits as hard or harder than Ganon's if you space correctly

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    From what I understand Bowser is very punish based. You use his super armor to eat weak hits while you dropkick the other guy into outer space

He also has some really good out of shield options. One trick that's really important to learn as Bowser is jump+UpB, jump+SideB, and jump+usmash. Let's you get attacks out of shield very quickly and punish whiffed attacks hard

This discussion has been closed.