As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragon Age: Inquisition] - Jaws Of Hakkon DLC out now for PC, XONE - others in May

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2015
    If they were going to do one I sure as heck wouldn't blame them for checking out what the attach rate is with a smaller DLC first.

A duck! on
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I really hoped that the DLC would also mean that the main game would go on sale, but I happened to be standing next to a $40 boxed PC copy and grabbed it. Its been unopened on my desk for a couple of days now in hopes that I could still save another five or ten bucks. I think I'll crack that open tonight. I'm assuming its another fancy plastic rectangle with a CD key for Origin inside.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    So got the DLC, but don't have DA:I installed currently because of the graphics issues I was having.

Did they get around to fixing that? The huge sections of terrain flickering in and out of existence (not textures, whole sections of terrain geometry)?

It was happening to a handful of people (possibly nvidia driver related), but was drowned out by the numbers of people with the texture issue, and I don't know if bioware even noticed it.

I ask because all I can find on it is the same stuff I found back in January, with nothing indicating people had found a solution besides rolling back drivers (which isn't a solution since other games require newer drivers, and I'm not switching every five minutes).

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Never heard anything about that graphics bug, but things like that are weird. I once had a Videocard-Motherboard combination that caused random vertexes in Source engine games not connect, so I'd have huge triangles stretching across the screen at times. I only realized that was the issue when I replaced the motherboard so I would have a couple of additional RAM slots in the future, and the problem went away.

Its entirely possible there's only one specific hardware combination that causes that issue, and no one at Bioware has that setup so they can figure out where its going wrong.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm still getting a bug with Wraiths that crashes me to desktops which has expanded to some kind of terrain issue that black screens my computer.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    SightTDW wrote: »
    I really hoped that the DLC would also mean that the main game would go on sale, but I happened to be standing next to a $40 boxed PC copy and grabbed it. Its been unopened on my desk for a couple of days now in hopes that I could still save another five or ten bucks. I think I'll crack that open tonight. I'm assuming its another fancy plastic rectangle with a CD key for Origin inside.

It took me like 5 times longer to install from the disks than to just download it

EDIT: oh, talking about visual bugs, anyone have a way to reduce the amount of Vaseline on...I think it's the DoF filter? Even with everything set on max, the dithering is ridiculous beyond like 10 feet

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    If all we get is additional pre-ending DLC, I'm gonna be pretty bummed out. I want them to move the ball forward. What happens next, BioWare?

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Im guessing two middle of the game story dlcs, one silly adventure one that takes place whenever, and one post-ending type one leading into the next game or finishing up a certain storyline that must not be named.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Im guessing two middle of the game story dlcs, one silly adventure one that takes place whenever, and one post-ending type one leading into the next game or finishing up a certain storyline that must not be named.

You know, I'll keep saying this until the game is dead or it finally happens. For Bioware to make me happy, it just needs to figure out something for me to do with the shit-ton of Power I had left at the end of the game. If I end the game with over 200 Power and NOTHING to do with it, that's a serious flaw with the game. Let me DO something with it...

wbee62u815wj.png
    Quiotu wrote: »

You know, I'll keep saying this until the game is dead or it finally happens. For Bioware to make me happy, it just needs to figure out something for me to do with the shit-ton of Power I had left at the end of the game. If I end the game with over 200 Power and NOTHING to do with it, that's a serious flaw with the game. Let me DO something with it...
    Even if I could just convert that to money or XP or something. Seriously!

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »

Like conquer Orlais.

edited March 2015
    There's a Keep AMA going on: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/30ejhl/we_are_the_dragon_age_keep_team_ask_us_almost/

Edit:

I asked: "When will you be removing the spoiler gates for DAI in the Keep? (Alternately, when will we be able to toggle the spoiler gates off ourselves?)"

Fernando Melo responded: "You'll get the option to turn it off yourself 'very soon', stay tuned :)"

Bassguy on
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

It took me like 5 times longer to install from the disks than to just download it

It took me about an hour to install 25GB from the disks. Wait a minute. *Does math.* You have a ~277 Mbps connection?! Not everybody has fiber. :wink:

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Frem wrote: »

It took me about an hour to install 25GB from the disks. Wait a minute. *Does math.* You have a ~277 Mbps connection?! Not everybody has fiber. :wink:

It took me like 5 hours. It wasn't even done with the first disc at 1 hour

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    So Black Emporium is coming out in May. I'm guessing it will be tagged on with the patch that leads up to DLC #2 (I hope)
    Also One of these DLCS will most definitely feature Sandal
    Or heads will roll.
    Edit: I didnt realize in DA2 he was hired as by Celene at the end of it. Yeah definitely appearing

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    May?

Got dang

I guess I can set aside my current play through for a while

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Just want to say i love the armor tint update so much.

No longer do i have to settle for mismatched clothing.

Dragkonias wrote: »

Now all of your armor can be yellow plaid and violet metal!
    Its the best!

Bless your heart.

While I don't exactly love the implementation, I'm really happy BioWare ended up patching it into the game.

• JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Bassguy wrote: »

While I don't exactly love the implementation, I'm really happy BioWare ended up patching it into the game.

Now they just need individually-selectable helmet toggles.

And to fix the stupid DirectX error.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

This is more of a Bioware general thing, but I wonder how Bioware is looking at POE. If the success of that game impacts their plans for future Dragon Age games.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    This is more of a Bioware general thing, but I wonder how Bioware is looking at POE. If the success of that game impacts their plans for future Dragon Age games.
    probably not too much
    POE is designed for a very very very specific niche.

Bless your heart.
    I sincerely doubt it.

Let's take the conservative sales figure of 3.26 million copies of DAI from VGChartz. Let's round down to $50 per unit. That's $163 million.

Whereas POE took in about $4 million at Kickstarter. Even if they make TEN TIMES that money on Steam and GOG, that's only $40 million. Twenty times? $80 million. I doubt EA gives a shit at all.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    I sincerely doubt it.

Let's take the conservative sales figure of 3.26 million copies of DAI from VGChartz. Let's round down to $50 per unit. That's $163 million.

Whereas POE took in about $4 million at Kickstarter. Even if they make TEN TIMES that money on Steam and GOG, that's only $40 million. Twenty times? $80 million. I doubt EA gives a shit at all.

i liked it better when bioware gave a shit and not ea.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Man sometimes you just miss that eye roll.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Here's what I'd like to see for a DLC

Put the goddamn war system back in the game

Exclude PS3 and X360 from this if you have to since that's why it was removed in the first place

This one's easy Bioware, you already have this started in your backups somewhere

Please, make me give you more money

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Here's what I'd like to see for a DLC

Put the goddamn war system back in the game

Exclude PS3 and X360 from this if you have to since that's why it was removed in the first place

This one's easy Bioware, you already have this started in your backups somewhere

Please, make me give you more money
    I mean, sure, that would be a nice feature, but I'd never pay money just for that to be added in the game. It'd have to be tacked onto story content.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I'm actually enjoying this DLC. I'm just exploring the region, fighting new enemies and clearing out some fade rifts. The combat is actually quite challenging, even for my lvl 24 party. I think the biggest reason I'm enjoying it is that I've given DA:I a rest for a couple of months. I don't mind the trudging around, the shards, the astrariums etc. whereas I was tired of it after playing the main game through a couple of times.

edited March 2015
    Bassguy on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Another example of Varric always being right... The Deep Roads is terrible.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    Does the new DLC require the disk? I gave my copy to my brother and he's only in the Hinterlands. I still have the game installed of course (on my ps4) and whenever the DLC is released, will I be good to go, or will I need the disk back?

Well Deep Roads probably means Grey Wardens and there did seem to be an ongoing plot there.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Hell, even the epilogues about the Grey Wardens continually suggests that some sort of shit goes down (even in Weisshaupt) and that some greater plot involving them is afoot.

If nothing else, that is a big flag for future DLC

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    The equipment drops in the new DLC are pretty sweet. Lots of Tier 4 stuff already. Better than my crafted tier 3 stuff.

Indoorsman wrote: »
    Does the new DLC require the disk? I gave my copy to my brother and he's only in the Hinterlands. I still have the game installed of course (on my ps4) and whenever the DLC is released, will I be good to go, or will I need the disk back?
    Yes. It's not stand-alone DLC. You'll need to be able to boot the main game.

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular

Good call. I plugged in my CD key and tossed the box. Four DVDs would have felt like reliving installation nightmares from a decade ago.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ok done with the DLC. I think, I'm only missing one sidequest (and no, I don't do shards and astrariums). All this running around lasted me about 6 hours and I had fun revisiting my crew. The new schematics look nice and man...that ending judgement. Hoo boy! Love the puns.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg

Yeah that judgement was awesome.

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Shards I can get but I actually liked the astrariums. :(

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Shards I can get but I actually liked the astrariums. :(
    Astrariums strike me as math homework.

This discussion has been closed.