As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragon Age: Inquisition] - Jaws Of Hakkon DLC out now for PC, XONE - others in May

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I had it bug out on me my first game, and then it showed up really shockingly quick my second game. Like a few conversations after getting to Skyhold, and bam.

If you judge
    Alexius

before talking to Dorian in Skyhold, apparently that can cause the game to jump the quest trigger.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    what? patch 2 didn't decrease my FPS. if anything it made it better since it didn't auto-force ultra shaders.

Ok, not everyone, but oddly enough people (despite the ultra shader fix).
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this on an (overclocked) G3258? Please share your results/specs if so!

Isn't G3258 a dual-core? I was under the impression that the game requires a quad.
    :winky:
    Wrex.

Patch 2 removed that requirement (at least I know for sure tri-cores work now) and you could work around it with the Farcry 4 DLL injector before that.
    Shepard.

edited December 2014
    "Beat Lord Albrecht in Grand Tourney operation is now available."

And yet it's nowhere on the map. It's as if the bug quantity just explodes the further into the game you get.

Dashui on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    I had it bug out on me my first game, and then it showed up really shockingly quick my second game. Like a few conversations after getting to Skyhold, and bam.

If you judge
    Alexius

before talking to Dorian in Skyhold, apparently that can cause the game to jump the quest trigger.

That's probably it. Particularly since I went to the Templars on my second play through.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    "Beat Lord Albrecht in Grand Tourney operation is now available."

And yet it's nowhere on the map. It's as if the bug quantity just explodes the further into the game you get.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's in East Ferelden.

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2014
    Finally beat it. My epilogue was surprisingly not puppies and rainbows.
    Celene rules alongside Gaspard, but Briala starts an elf rebellion. Cassandra is named Divine, but Fiona's mages form their own college and a civil war between it and the circles. Wardens are starting over in the south, coming out of the shadows, but even that slide talks about civil war. Bloody hell!

Looking at other epilogues, Gaspard ruling while Briala pulls the strings and Leliana as a softened Divine seem like the more happy choices for all involved.

Dashui on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Celene rules alongside Gaspard, but Briala starts an elf rebellion. Cassandra is named Divine, but Fiona's mages form their own college and a civil war between it and the circles. Wardens are starting over in the south, coming out of the shadows, but even that slide talks about civil war. Bloody hell!

Looking at other epilogues, Gaspard ruling while Briala pulls the strings and Leliana as a softened Divine seem like the more happy choices for all involved.
    cassandra can also work as a divine.
    in mine she reinstated circles and templars, but didnt force the mages to join the circles. she also tolerated the college.

all depends on how you talk to people!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Ending stuff
    I actually recommended Cassandra for Divine, but for whatever reason Vivienne got the nod. I can't say I'm not suprised at that one; a mage as the Divine? Scandalous!

But man, I can't deny she didn't put people in their places. Mages were put back in the Circle, but with relaxed circumstances and they were allowed to advance beyond their previous stations. After a few rebel, she crushes the shit out of them. Brutally so.

I approved. :+1:

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    evilthecat wrote: »

in mine she reinstated circles and templars, but didnt force the mages to join the circles. she also tolerated the college.

God dammit!

I'm going to have to replay the game at some point. I beat it on PC but I also have a PS4 copy by some weird turn of events. Maybe I'll try to get the nightmare trophy on the latter.

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

Ending stuff
    Murderknife Leliana works out... iffy. Anyone is allowed in the chantry, mages rule themselves. They note that a lot of people break out to start their own "pure" chantries... and Leliana murders them brutally. Excellent. At least I didn't get mage rebellion, although the wardens supposedly had a civil war. Celen rules alone, but Briala starts elf rebellion as well. Guess the world is in a pretty bad place!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Ending stuff
    Murderknife Leliana works out... iffy. Anyone is allowed in the chantry, mages rule themselves. They note that a lot of people break out to start their own "pure" chantries... and Leliana murders them brutally. Excellent. At least I didn't get mage rebellion, although the wardens supposedly had a civil war. Celen rules alone, but Briala starts elf rebellion as well. Guess the world is in a pretty bad place!
    I also god Murder Leliana, but things actually seemed to work out really well. Celene and Briala seemed to be getting along well, the Wardens went totally quiet up in Weisshaupt though, Leliana went on her bloody purge of the Chantry but it sounds like it worked out okay and then she founded the Enchanters Academy or whatever.

So, I guess murder solves pretty much everything.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Also ending, regarding Wardens
    When I let Hawke live and go to Weisshaupt, they go silent. When I got Alistair along for the second game and let him live and go to Weisshaupt, there were rumors of Warden civil war with a rebel side led by Alistair.

I think it's actually a big deal for the Wardens whether you save the Warden in the Fade or not.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Also ending, regarding Wardens
    When I let Hawke live and go to Weisshaupt, they go silent. When I got Alistair along for the second game and let him live and go to Weisshaupt, there were rumors of Warden civil war with a rebel side led by Alistair.

I think it's actually a big deal for the Wardens whether you save the Warden in the Fade or not.
    I like the vague implication that Hawke murderized all the Wardens :rotate:

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Could someone explain Guard or link to someone explaining the mechanics? I've got a +100HP belt or a +20 max guard. Also since the best weapons only generate 3 guard per hit, I'm assuming it's not a 1 to 1 relationship between guard and health.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Could someone explain Guard or link to someone explaining the mechanics? I've got a +100HP belt or a +20 max guard. Also since the best weapons only generate 3 guard per hit, I'm assuming it's not a 1 to 1 relationship between guard and health.

Guard in this game is the equivalent of Armor in Mass Effect.

So you have your health bar, your guard bar if you have a means of generating guard, and the occasionally barrier (though unlike ME, barriers decay rather quickly).

Unfortunately I wouldn't know how to compare the numbering systems between HP and Guard to tell you which one of those two items is better.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Max Guard is 25% of your health, before any passives that increase it, so 100 health would increase your max guard by 25. Guard also takes armor and resistances into account, so it's functionally identical to extra health.

I'm pretty sure when a weapon says you gain 3/5/10 guard per hit, it means you get that % of guard per hit. So basically 0.75%/1.25%/2.5% effective max health per hit.

Morrigan Question:
    If Morrigan has the godbaby, does that change anything when she encounters Flemeth?

I'm making a new Keep with Loghain alive for Adamant, but that means either the Warden dies or the Dark Promise happens. If I do have the godbaby, it will be with Loghain, not the Warden, in order for maximum awkwardness.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    Morrigan Question:
    If Morrigan has the godbaby, does that change anything when she encounters Flemeth?

I'm making a new Keep with Loghain alive for Adamant, but that means either the Warden dies or the Dark Promise happens. If I do have the godbaby, it will be with Loghain, not the Warden, in order for maximum awkwardness.

Well
    I haven't actually seen the scene without the God baby. But yes, I can guarantee there's some changes to that scene and a few other scenes with Morrigan because she has a child.

Also the big difference between Guard and Barrier, aside from Barrier decay, is that Barrier does not take any armor or resistances into account. (Which is why the numbers on barriers are so massively huge compared to guard)

Morrigan Question:

Her relationship with the Warden is actually quite sweet if they're together and also have the child. And as Cambiata said, it does change that scene in some rather touching ways. I can't imagine not having that world state now.

Morrigan Question:

Her relationship with the Warden is actually quite sweet if they're together and also have the child. And as Cambiata said, it does change that scene in some rather touching ways. I can't imagine not having that world state now.
    Trust me, if I ever give Morrigan the godbaby, Loghain will be the father.

I wouldn't punish the Warden or Alistair with such a fate.

steam_sig.png

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Alistair and Anora married Loghain Warden and god baby daddy is my favorite import set.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited December 2014
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Alistair and Anora married Loghain Warden and god baby daddy is my favorite import set.

I'm leaning towards this one.

But all I care about is having Loghain alive.

What I'm torn over is if I want the Warden to die or Loghain complete the Dark Promise.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Blackjack wrote: »

I'm leaning towards this one.

But all I care about is having Loghain alive.

What I'm torn over is if I want the Warden to die or Loghain complete the Dark Promise.
    Warden dead doesn't really make a difference.

Letting a Morrigan who had the godbaby drink from the well results in an extremely well done scene. Go for the baby.

camo_sig2.png

Morrigan Question:

More Morrigan stuff and special companion spoilers
    I wasn't happy about it in DAO, but seeing both Morrigan and Warden Alistair in DAI, I'm perfectly happy with the godbaby decision now.

Plus this dialog shows that Alistair is OK with it, too. Though I have no idea how you get this dialog. I had Morrigan and Alistair in Skyhold at the same time, I spoke to both of them during that time, and I never saw them chat together or mention each other, which was a shame. I'm wondering if it's cut content, or if I need to work on it more to get them in the same room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6eLYvbATjs

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure when a weapon says you gain 3/5/10 guard per hit, it means you get that % of guard per hit. So basically 0.75%/1.25%/2.5% effective max health per hit.

It just means that much guard. Hit someone with a +3 guard weapon and check your character stats—you now have 3 guard.

Also note the +25% guard max warrior passive doesn't do anything. I mean, I think it still gives the constitution bonus, but I didn't check that part.

s7Imn5J.png
    Morrigan Question:

Now you're just punishing the child, who will grow up without a father! Monster!

Morrigan and the Warden end up being happy parents together. It's nice and you're ruining it.

Morrigan Question:

Now you're just punishing the child, who will grow up without a father! Monster!

Morrigan and the Warden end up being happy parents together. It's nice and you're ruining it.
    Only if you sacrifice Loghain to the Nightmare.

There is another option...

steam_sig.png

Cambiata wrote: »
    Morrigan Question:

More Morrigan stuff and special companion spoilers
    I wasn't happy about it in DAO, but seeing both Morrigan and Warden Alistair in DAI, I'm perfectly happy with the godbaby decision now.

Plus this dialog shows that Alistair is OK with it, too. Though I have no idea how you get this dialog. I had Morrigan and Alistair in Skyhold at the same time, I spoke to both of them during that time, and I never saw them chat together or mention each other, which was a shame. I'm wondering if it's cut content, or if I need to work on it more to get them in the same room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6eLYvbATjs

I found out this was cut content. Which is a shame because some of those lines are so damn good.

Wait.

They cut that?

WHY?

steam_sig.png

Wait.

They cut that?

WHY?

I'm guessing they were making a concerted effort
    to keep this game from becoming about the Hero of Ferelden.

The thing that especially bums me about it being cut is
    that no matter which Godbaby path you took, the lines are golden.

Loghain's line especially (and I'll never do a run with Loghain alive beyond DAO) is just amazing. There is so much the actor communicates with that "once."

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I kinda feel like the Hero of Ferelden was supposed to show up, and they just couldn't make it work.

jdarksun wrote: »
    I kinda feel like the Hero of Ferelden was supposed to show up, and they just couldn't make it work.

I feel it is very deliberate myself. Either they're keeping the Hero back for future content, or they just in general wanted to diminish the power of previous characters that you played in the franchise.
    Like they effectively get rid of Hawke in this game, regardless of your decision.

And it also makes sense to diminish the Hero since, as Cassandra says, if the Hero were around they'd have made her the inquisitor.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I must admit I'm curious just how awful you can make the Hero and Hawke.

Like a Hero that killed/betrayed everybody, poisoned the urn, etc. a Hawke that sent Fenris and Isabella away in chains.

edited December 2014
    Ok, I decided.

I'm doing a Shakespeare-esk run next.
    First, Loghain kills the Archdemon and lives via the Dark Promise. Mage Warden never has a love and interest, stabs Morrigan.

Alistair marries Anora and they both rule. Meaning that Anora has a half-brother and Alistair is related to Morrigan's kid via marriage. Meaning Godbaby is brother-in-law to Alistair and his father-in-law is still alive. Awkward family reunions ensured.

Second, Mage Hawke loses his sister fleeing Lothering, brother in the Deep Roads, then mother, and never has a love interest. His asshole uncle reconciles with his daughter.

Hawke is sacrificed in to the Nightmare and Loghain survives, returning to Weisshaupt to fight in the Warden Civil War. Since almost his entire family is dead, except for his dick uncle, and nobody loves Hawke except Varrick, Hawke has nothing worth living for and gives his life for the Inquisition in the Fade.

In the end I am making Hawke a tragic hero who falls and Loghain a fallen hero who seeks redemption.

It's going to be...

tumblr_md3nrgoETF1rzqj3uo1_1280.jpg

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

camo_sig2.png

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Playing on Nightmare, I think I might need to do two schematic rushes: Val Royeaux to buy tier 2, Forbidden Oasis for paragon's luster so I have things to use for the next several levels, and then Hissing Wastes for tier 3/volcanic aurum and Emprise du Lion once I have a few decent things made.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Playing on Nightmare, I think I might need to do two schematic rushes: Val Royeaux to buy tier 2, Forbidden Oasis for paragon's luster so I have things to use for the next several levels, and then Hissing Wastes for tier 3/volcanic aurum and Emprise du Lion once I have a few decent things made.

I'm pretty much doing this. The tricky bit will be getting the Emprise de Lion tier 3 weapons. There are a few good ones realtively easily available in Hissing Wastes. Like I got the best bow schematic in the game in a tomb right next to a camp I could get to by avoiding enemies.

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    GOD, would someone make a mod that allows for more than 8 abilities already? I want to do a 2nd playthrough!

Has anybody seen any mods come out yet, texture/character model mods or otherwise?

This discussion has been closed.