As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Dogs Go To Heaven (And Taste Delicious) [movies]

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    StarZapper wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Apparently I mixed up a few things and he's 10. I guess that's a little more plausible if he's a really badass kid.

This is the motherfucking king of Gondor we're talking about, he probably strangled an orc to death while being half-way born out of his mother.
    That poor nurse was trying to cut his umbilical chord.

I can't stop laughing at umbilical chord

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I will say ok considering trying the lotr movies again because of how much I loved the hobbit ones

I feel like the 6 movies will actually flow better if you watch Hobbit first, considering both the framing device and how the prequels set up a bunch of plots that are left totally in the air as setup for LOTR. I walked out of Hobbit 3 satisfied but feeling a lack of closure, because Hobbit 3 ends at the halfway point of the story. RotK is a way definitive conclusion and sits perfectly at the end of the saga.

I mean I've seen the LOTR movies

I guess I see what you mean though

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StarZapper wrote: »
    Apparently I mixed up a few things and he's 10. I guess that's a little more plausible if he's a really badass kid.

This is the motherfucking king of Gondor we're talking about, he probably strangled an orc to death while being half-way born out of his mother.
    That poor nurse was trying to cut his umbilical chord.

I can't stop laughing at umbilical chord

Umbilical Power Chord

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I just watched It's A Wonderful Life with the family tonight.

It might be the only movie that can make me cry every single time I watch it.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I just watched It's A Wonderful Life with the family tonight.

It might be the only movie that can make me cry every single time I watch it.

Funny. I just saw it too. In theaters!

It's in theaters this weekend.

Man, Harry Bailey does not think about the implications of his decisions, does he?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I always liked that SNL skit where Uncle Billy remembers where he left the money and the whole town goes to take down Potter.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This year I need to make an effort to finally see It's a Wonderful Life

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    if it helps I can show you a dystopian future where it's a wonderful life never existed

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Look, Peter. You're a good critic. And you can talk insult Uncle Billy, that's fair enough. George does it too, it's a healthy response.

But nobody smack talks Jimmy the raven. Not on my watch.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Second trailer is now out for American Sniper.

http://youtu.be/5bP1f_1o-zo

That looks like it could be an excellent film. Rough to watch, but really good.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Finally watching The Wolf of Wall Street (Amazon Prime Streaming, hooo~!), and damn, this is a long-ass movie. Two hours in and there's still an hour left.

Entertaining though.

edit: Oh shit, Leo should have won an Oscar just for
    when he's on the Lemons trying to get into the Lambo and dealing with Jonah Hill.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I still haven't seen wolf of Wall Street

But my parents did and they turned it off 30 minutes in because of all the nudity and drugs and they have decided Leonardo DiCaprio is a pig and my mom refuses to watch movies he stars in now

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I love your parents speed

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I am watching Elf

It is making me want to bake more cookies, but I already made so many

Also, commercials for kids toys are now actively insane

Such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXexeL3IQbI

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    edited December 2014

But my parents did and they turned it off 30 minutes in because of all the nudity and drugs and they have decided Leonardo DiCaprio is a pig and my mom refuses to watch movies he stars in now
    Well, he does play a douchebag very well in this movie.

The 20 minutes or so of the movie where his life is spiraling out of control are hilarious though.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Reminder that the real life guy still hasn't paid back his court ordered restitution and fled the country.

• Options
    Also Leo should have gotten a statue for Shutter Island that movie was great.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I saw The Hobbit on Friday and I actually didn't like it very much. There were a lot of parts that were just...silly. And not in a fun way.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular

The 20 minutes or so of the movie where his life is spiraling out of control are hilarious though.

20 minutes?

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    exist wrote: »

20 minutes?
    The scene with the Lemons and then the boat trip had me laughing quite hard.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    My roommates last year watched Wolf of Wall Street so I kinda eavesdropped while studying

That just sounded way too draining to actually watch tbh

• Options

My parents thought it was hilarious

Which...

I guess it is? I dunno man that movie made me really uncomfortable

• Options
    Sassori wrote: »
    I saw The Hobbit on Friday and I actually didn't like it very much. There were a lot of parts that were just...silly. And not in a fun way.

Man

I loved the silliness of that film

But it definitely fit into like the Fast and Furious brand of dumb action

• Options

Man

The fighting also just seemed really unbalanced. Some fights were these ridiculous gymnastic attacks and others were just sort of stumbling along. It didn't always seem to matter who was involved in the fight.
    Also, it was like we want to do the skateboard thing again but maybe we've had Legolas do it too many times so now we'll make Bard do it in this wagon.

• Options

Man

The fighting also just seemed really unbalanced. Some fights were these ridiculous gymnastic attacks and others were just sort of stumbling along. It didn't always seem to matter who was involved in the fight.
    Also, it was like we want to do the skateboard thing again but maybe we've had Legolas do it too many times so now we'll make Bard do it in this wagon.

That part was fantastic!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My dad is a banker and went to see Wolf with some other bankers and they thought it was hilarious for various reasons.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I had an idea while I was in the shower, let's make a black comedy about an early 90s Chicago public access broadcast television crew staring Leonardo DiCaprio, Goerge Clooney, Tom Hanks, Benicio Del Toro, directed by Martin Scorsese with an original soundtrack by Prince.

Weaver on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Also Leo should have gotten a statue for Shutter Island that movie was great.

Haha what?

That movie was a piece of shit

• Options
    Man I thought Shutter island was a blast

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I have no strong feelings one way or another

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I mean its def. not scorsese's best work but it was fun and Leo was good

• Options

Man

That part was fantastic!

That thing literally just stopped what it was doing and waited. Just waited. It's not even like he had to try and time it right!
    Let me just stop trying to murder your children and watch this wagon coming towards me. I wonder what is going to happen as this wagon rolls towards me.

• Options

Man

That part was fantastic!

That thing literally just stopped what it was doing and waited. Just waited. It's not even like he had to try and time it right!
    Let me just stop trying to murder your children and watch this wagon coming towards me. I wonder what is going to happen as this wagon rolls towards me.

well yes

its the badguys job to stand there while you set up for your cool attack

cmon sass ain't you ever watched dragonball z

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    They're orcs, they probably don't see very well in daylight!

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    "Sources say" and the New York Post

I don't buy it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I just felt like I either should have had more painkillers or less painkillers before sitting through the movie.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I saw the hobbit a few days ago. It was..

simply okay

Fine for what it was but a waste of potential. I haven't read the book in a decade but it still kinda felt like they'd given up on making an adaptation of it by this point

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Leo should have got an Oscar for the video game hallucination scene in The Beach

This discussion has been closed.