As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's our [Job] thread

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    You know, I'm kind of sick of being tired all of the time. I don't really mind my actual job much, but I think the hours are literally killing me.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Dammit, today i found out i failed the certification exam i took 2 weeks ago. I only failed one part of it but i have to retake the entire thing.

Fuck these architecture exams so much.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    oh I'm sure that EBITDA is a real thing.

I just don't know what it is and have no real investment in why management is constantly going on about it if they can't be bothered to explain it. You're giving a presentation about how the company is doing. You could at least provide definitions for what you're talking about.

On another note, we had our department christmas party today. We left the office a noon and went to a nearby bar and just had bar food and drinks. It's the first decent day in weeks (like mid 20s C and not a cloud at all). I won 2 of my battles with our vendor, 2 more to go. And its the weekend.

L'Chaim, my friends!

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Transferred a patient to another hospital. The patient had a box of wine in her duffel bag. My friend at the other hospital let me know they appreciated that.

Update: she was drinking in bed in their ER. 15min after she was taken to the floor security was called because she found a way to get her box wine back (which she was drinking through a straw).

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    oh I'm sure that EBITDA is a real thing.

I just don't know what it is and have no real investment in why management is constantly going on about it if they can't be bothered to explain it. You're giving a presentation about how the company is doing. You could at least provide definitions for what you're talking about.

On another note, we had our department christmas party today. We left the office a noon and went to a nearby bar and just had bar food and drinks. It's the first decent day in weeks (like mid 20s C and not a cloud at all). I won 2 of my battles with our vendor, 2 more to go. And its the weekend.

L'Chaim, my friends!

All the peons need to know about the future of the glorious company they are so graciously employed by is:
    Are the black numbers getting bigger?
    and
    Are the red numbers getting smaller?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i dont even really bloody care about that.

am i still employed? am i still integral part of the machine that is making you and the shareholders money?

great.

let's get back to work

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Hmm, what?

It's 6:45, you say?

But that's when the cafeteria opens!

It's Taco Time!
    It's Taco Time!
    It's Taco-Taco-Taco Time!

Breakfast tacos that is ....

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Hmm, what?

It's 6:45, you say?

But that's when the cafeteria opens!

It's Taco Time!
    It's Taco Time!
    It's Taco-Taco-Taco Time!

Breakfast tacos that is ....

Did they fill the tacos full of flesh?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Breakfast tacos? Like breakfast burritos but in a crispy tortilla instead?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Today begins the last day of work for the year.

School does not resume till January 6th. I have not had this much time off in over a decade.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    You promised me tacos!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Great. Now I got Creepio's Baby Time stuck in my head.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    My department lead is a psychopath. He's been in the position since about July and acts like he knows everything there is to know about everything, despite being very obviously clueless. He disappears for hours at a time to either sleep in a corner or fuck around on his phone while joyriding a forklift, and then talks about how hard his job is and how tired he is. Any attempt to inform him of something, no matter how innocuously it's said, is met with hostility. For instance, tonight, one of the machines on the end opposite from me was about to run out (we have to manually stop them at a certain point), and our waste water tech who was making his 2 AM rounds let our lead (who was talking and not paying attention) know, since I was busy and couldn't get to it. All of the sudden I hear:

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?"
    "I don't know, how about watch the goddamn thing?"
    "I'M THE LEAD MAN, I AIN'T NO OPERATOR."

And it escalated from there. I ended up having to shut down the machine myself because my lead refused to. Then, the first shift lead came in at 3 AM to fill in for the guy we lost, and my lead man got belligerent with him as well, getting up in the other guy's face and trying to get him into a fistfight.

Dude's fucking crazy, but our supervisor gives no shits and unless he actually takes a swing at someone, the front office cares even less.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    That guy sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    Breakfast tacos? Like breakfast burritos but in a crispy tortilla instead?
    We need details. This Vicarious Taco Bar ain't gonna refill itself, Mr. Waiter.

• Options
    Breakfast tacos are typically soft tortillas as they are in this case; a burrito would be a large tortilla that completely wraps the whole affair.

But why would you do that when the additions at the salad bar are available?

Jalapenos, sour cream, tomatoes, Blanca's handmade salsa, Rodrigo's handmade pico de gallo ...

Of course, the tacos themselves are already mostly stuffed with bacon or sausage, cheese melted with scrambled eggs and diced potatoes.

Well worth the lethargy that stays with you until lunch.

• Options
    Oh shit. The school IT tech just gave me admin rights to the computers.

Merry Christmas to me!

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Apparently the birthday party for the boss last night was pretty wild.

(un?)Fortunately I wasn't invited so now I'm here in the office almost all alone.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Kadith wrote: »

(un?)Fortunately I wasn't invited so now I'm here in the office almost all alone.

Don't let that stop you, start your own party.

If they come back and you're naked and passed out in the lobby, it's obviously their fault for not providing adequate workplace supervision.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

Don't let that stop you, start your own party.

If they come back and you're naked and passed out in the lobby, it's obviously their fault for not providing adequate workplace supervision.

All I have to get to that state is a plateful of brownies

but by god I can still try.

Not sure if the other guy in the office will appreciate it though.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Forget him and tackle the brownies.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Forget him and tackle the brownies.

If he tries to take a brownie for himself, snap one of his fingers.

bonus points if you can make the jagged edge of the broken bone pierce through the skin.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Might be getting a job today. Going in at 11, lady told me to make sure to bring my social security card and ID.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    bosses got me working the detention room for the second day running this week

my guess is it's probably because we had 22 kids through here on Monday, 13 Tuesday, and only 6 when I was in here on Thursday

I'm kind of the troll under the bridge around this place, and I'm not gonna lie

5qdxs43vnn7j.png

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Ugh. The IT here is not set up well. I need a login and a way to access certain programs. Well, I have a login, but I believe that I do not have my network drives mapped. I cannot log onto a crucial program properly on my computer, but it works on another computer.
    I have not seen one IT person. The way to contact them is through a program that I do not have access to. My supervisor is trying to get it working, but he is busy with other things.
    Why can't they just come here, make sure things are working and set up and then let me know how to contact them with problems. That should be a day 1 thing that somebody should take care of.
    3rd day.
    I have a feeling my email isn't working either.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Oh man, I discovered a nice pizza place near my new job and there's an Indian restaurant right next door.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Oh man, I discovered a nice pizza place near my new job and there's an Indian restaurant right next door.

Fuck the food go and fix Mulysa's computer, I don't pay you to be Food Gazing all the time.

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    isnt there someone here that works at a solar/energy company in san franscisco or oakland?

what was the name of that company? friend in cali looking for a job and i remember awhile back their company had a lot of openings.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    isnt there someone here that works at a solar/energy company in san franscisco or oakland?

what was the name of that company? friend in cali looking for a job and i remember awhile back their company had a lot of openings.

@MrMonroe‌ I believe?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I think I'm going to have to burn this Pandora channel to the ground since CCR's Born on the Bayou played right after I Am Home by Massive Attack.

Dammit, I've invested at least four months in this channel.

• Options
    edited December 2014

Fuck the food go and fix Mulysa's computer, I don't pay you to be Food Gazing all the time.

You pay me in videogames for computer build consulting, not hardware/software support.

Yukira on
  • Options

You pay me in videogames for computer build consulting, not hardware/software support.

Would it be so hard for you to just be a team player once in a while? It's not like you'd be doing it permanently, just whenever we need it.

Help us achieve our maximum branding by synergizing output and figuring how to turn our asks into learns.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Might be getting a job today. Going in at 11, lady told me to make sure to bring my social security card and ID.

I was extended a tentative job offer, just have to wait for drug test results(I'm clean) and background check(my credit sucks but that's it) to come back!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    q_q they emailed me about interview at like 4 yest and i responded quickly to say yes I can come in but i still ain't heard back…

i sent follow up to try and confirm but hmm

it's almost the weekend (currently Friday 2:30PM) and then interview is supposed to be 8:30 AM Monday so…

would be nice if they got back to me so i know my emails went through…. cuz like, they said i’d need to sign a non-disclosure agreement and do some online test, but they have not sent me these yet!

poo
  • Options
    well, if i get no reply by 4 i'll call their receptionist and try and figure it out

poo
  • Options

Would it be so hard for you to just be a team player once in a while? It's not like you'd be doing it permanently, just whenever we need it.

Help us achieve our maximum branding by synergizing output and figuring how to turn our asks into learns.

I'm billing you for my massages and motrin bottles, then.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So at work today we did some little activities and called it 'The Reindeer Games'
    Basically I got to be loud and dumb for an hour and not have to answer emails so I was all over that.
    I named our team The Parumpapumpums.
    Here is our santa picture.

(I am the red giant)
    3SceLlN.jpg

• Options
    Have any of you ever had to take one of these for a job: http://www.piworldwide.com/solutions/predictive-index-system/

because I have to now. Huh.

poo
  • Options
    If anyone has been sending good vibes my way, I want you to know (both of you) that I will not be furloughed at the end of the calendar year nor any time soon after that.

For those of you offering bloody sacrifices to our collective dark gods to render the outsourced team in India unable to meet quota on a daily basis, I want you all to know that your efforts have birthed the dark fruit which we have strived towards ...

I get to keep my job in the new year.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    For those of you offering bloody sacrifices to our collective dark gods to render the outsourced team in India unable to meet quota on a daily basis, I want you all to know that your efforts have birthed the dark fruit which we have strived towards ...

I get to keep my job in the new year.

I have like... six goats left, still. I was anticipating a longer process. What the hell am I supposed to do with these?

This discussion has been closed.