As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Steam Holiday Miracle is over!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    If Ive never played Heavy Rain then I don't know what feelings are?

I...don't know how to feel about this.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    I would play the he'll out of manos: the hand of video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJU3qybniE

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I really liked Indigo Prophecy. The quality took a dive when it turned into the Matrix, but I still enjoyed it.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    heavy rain has the dumbest story of any game I've ever played, I think

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    The best thing to come out of Heavy Rain was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I played the demo of Fahrenheit a couple of times, it looked quite interesting. Then I heard from multiple sources that it was bad, so I never bothered following up on it.

How bad is it, on a scale of 1 (E.T. the extraterrestrial) to 10 (Resident Evil 4 my favourite game of all time)?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    The best thing to come out of Heavy Rain was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

That has got to be one of the greatest glitches ever.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I might have bought Guild Wars 2

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I think that Heavy Rain bug rivals the rise of the Jackdaw. That's incredible.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I made the right decision in that I did not play heavy rain

• Options
    I would still like to play Heavy Rain. Alas, I don't own a ps3/4

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    David Cage makes really dumb games

But they're dumb in an occasionally entertaining way that nobody else is really doing, so I'm glad that he keeps doing it

Shine on you crazy diamond

• Options
    Hmmm, again, not having played his games, he seems sort of like a Molyneux figure, he's got ideas that are interesting, but the execution doesn't live up to the premise. Which is still something I like

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    He has some interesting ideas, and then a lot of ideas that seem to be "imagine if videogames had all these bits in that have been done over and over in movies already, that would be really original"

I say this having enjoyed Indigo Prophecy even after the point when the dude vaults onto the train (or bus, whatever it was), but maybe not by the time the plot exploded like an egg in a microwave.

Prolegomena on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I don't regret playing Heavy Rain, but I really have no motivation to play it again to see how differently things can turn out.

David Cage is a man who has interesting ideas but cannot help but execute them in half-assed ways. Plus he insists on writing the plots himself and he suffers from George Lucas syndrome, where he just knows he's so awesome and amazing that he refuses to let anyone chime in on what he's writing and say "Uh, maybe that isn't a good idea."

And then there's the thing about his ego having its own ZIP code.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I got Omikron on Steam but I haven't yet been able to gird my loins sufficiently to attempt it.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Heavy rain is bad

• Options
    All of his games are bad.

But they're bad in some fairly unique ways for videogames and are almost worth checking out as a sort of exhibit on how creative elements of other mediums don't necessarily translate well into interactive media. Like they're worth checking out specifically because they're bad, because the why and how of them being bad is interesting from a design perspective.

• Options
    Basically, play David Cage games for literally the opposite reason of why David Cage thinks you ought to play them.

Also buy them at a steep discount because they're interesting but not that fucking interesting.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

I should pick that up again. Let me know what server or whatever they're called you're on. I'll start up a dude and run around punching things with ya

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Sweet.
    Now Gearbox, where's my key? (Community Day preoder stuff)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Homeworld aaaaaaa

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

this looks like a high-quality garry's mod video

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

I should pick that up again. Let me know what server or whatever they're called you're on. I'll start up a dude and run around punching things with ya

I think they merged the servers or some such

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I like David Cage games in spite of themselves.

I have no idea why.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I didn't know Indiegala had several bundles going, but this one seemed pretty alright? ~3 bucks is ok for just Freddy's and a couple of the others seem interesting (and do have good reviews on steam) as well imo.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    All of his games are bad.

But they're bad in some fairly unique ways for videogames and are almost worth checking out as a sort of exhibit on how creative elements of other mediums don't necessarily translate well into interactive media. Like they're worth checking out specifically because they're bad, because the why and how of them being bad is interesting from a design perspective.

just play swery games instead, where he knows they're kinda insane and bad, but he's so charming and the games are funny

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    did I ever tell you about the VN where two kids are orphans because of the y2k bug

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    what are swery's other games than D4? I had not heard of him before that.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Deadly Premonition, Spy Fiction

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh right, deadly premonition.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It's a nice snowy day out, so I decided to finally play Never Alone

This game is great

I am unfortunately terrible at it, and cannot use the bola to save my life, so I probably won't play much more of it

But it's real pretty, even on my shitty machine, and Nuna and Fox are adorable

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I can't decide if I want to buy Grey Goo or not

maybe I'll wait for a sale

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    It's a nice snowy day out, so I decided to finally play Never Alone

This game is great

I am unfortunately terrible at it, and cannot use the bola to save my life, so I probably won't play much more of it

But it's real pretty, even on my shitty machine, and Nuna and Fox are adorable

It's short, it's tough to aim the bola, but it's far more worth your time to play it to the end than reading anymore about David goddamn cage.

• Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    Oh I do want to play D4. I watched some of an LP and it looked really hilarious and nuts. That cat is super weird though

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Well my free weekend with Sims 4 was pretty good! I think they've done a good job with it.

But uh, yeah. Not gonna pay $80 AUD for it. Origin!

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    ManishtushuManishtushu Registered User regular
    Do the Sims games ever go on special? I'd be happy enough to pick it up for about $20

This discussion has been closed.