As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Metal Gear] Solid V comes out September 1st

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Who is that?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 2 (The Correct Answer)
    Natasha Vita-More (born February 23, 1950[1][2] as Nancie Clark [3][4]) is an American designer, theorist and one of the pioneers of the transhumanist movement.

She is designer and author of "Primo Posthuman,"[5][6][7] a future whole body prototype. Vita-More is an instructor[8] at the for-profit[9] University of Advancing Technology (2012-current), and a Fellow of the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies.[10] She is currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of Humanity+.[11]

• Options
    mpxmpx Registered User new member
    edited April 2015
    She is listed on TEDx Limassol web page.

mpx on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    The-Phantom-Pain.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    by the way, speaking of strange coincidences, funny how internet commenter "mpx" signed up for the forums just to spread information about this ted talk

the-phantom-pain.png

XfpKpaU.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Natasha Vita-More

Vita version confirmed.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    So all the Ac!d talk has piqued my interest - is it playable on PS TV? I don't think I want to buy a psp just for it but It Soubds right up my alley.
    Also how long are they?

They never got released digitally, so it's PSP UMD only.

That sucks. Is it possible it's more likely to be released digitally now that konami and kojima have separated? I'm guessing the financial impetus to do so is low.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3

Kojima hired by EA confirmed

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Reads like he is just sueing on the off chance it works

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    sounds like he really needs that money

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    So kojima said he took a big chance that might make him leave the industry huh

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    oh my god

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Thinking about it from that doctor's point of view, I don't think he's being particularly lawsuit-happy, it's about protecting his credibility as a doctor.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    oh god the wider media is starting to catch on

http://uk.businessinsider.com/head-transplant-hoax-2015-4?pundits_only=0?r=US

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I'm really starting to think The Phantom Pain is cursed.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Cursed to make lots and lots of money

• Options
    So long as this current controversy doesn't delay the game.

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    5GgwBIh.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    What the fuck is going on.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The doctor is about to do an interview about this conspiracy theory on a major italian tv network

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    So long as this current controversy doesn't delay the game.

Not in the least

The second a lawsuit gets filed all that will happen is Konami will just go

XLkAa7y.jpg

yeah, this is the guy who ACTUALLY plays the doctor in the game now fuck off

And the lawsuit gets rejected

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    This actually is a huge advertisement for the Fox Engine renderer

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Metal Gear Solid
    plehd1w2o3lo.jpg
    nh3odud259nt.jpg

From FOX, two phantoms were born.

President Evil on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    God, even if this whole thing is just a coincidence, the fact that Kojima is JUST nuts enough to potentially do it makes me think that it could be real.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid
    -Tal wrote: »

I love love love that this has a link to the metal gear wiki article for outer heaven

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid
    i'm feelin good about this joke and i need to promote my brand

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    well you came to the right place to advertise that because I don't think any other place would get the joke

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    So new Silent Hills is cancel too... and Konami shares are being pulled or something?

What in the world is going on.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    A company that did videogames as a side thing decided to stop doing that side thing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    according to the polygon article about the share thing I read, they're just exiting the new york stock exchange because "99.7% of the trading of their stock occurs in Japan and London" so there's basically no reason for them to be listed there. I don't know how stock exchanges work but there's probably some fees or something to the exchange to be listed that they're not getting any benefit from.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    GameSpot wrote:
    As for why Konami is doing this, the publisher said in its Form 15F that, over the past year, 99.71 percent of the company's common stock was traded in Japan and the United Kingdom. By region, Japan accounted for 97.48 percent, while the UK made up 2.23 percent, leaving just .29 percent for the US.

Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter told GameSpot today that Konami's decision to delist itself from the NYSE is a "cost-saving move." He estimated that taking this action will save the company about $5-$10 million per year. "The stock doesn't trade much [in the US], so it probably occurred to them that it wasn't worth being listed [in the US]," Pachter explained.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    GameSpot wrote:
    As for why Konami is doing this, the publisher said in its Form 15F that, over the past year, 99.71 percent of the company's common stock was traded in Japan and the United Kingdom. By region, Japan accounted for 97.48 percent, while the UK made up 2.23 percent, leaving just .29 percent for the US.

Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter told GameSpot today that Konami's decision to delist itself from the NYSE is a "cost-saving move." He estimated that taking this action will save the company about $5-$10 million per year. "The stock doesn't trade much [in the US], so it probably occurred to them that it wasn't worth being listed [in the US]," Pachter explained.

Pachter's always wrong, though.

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Yeah I think the stock thing is mostly for boring business reasons and just happens to be poorly timed with other konami news

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Man...

We're never getting Reveangence 2.

Just another in a long list of random, sad thoughts.

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Konami is not getting out of games

They will make more metal gear

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Do you want them to?

Because I kind of don't.

This discussion has been closed.