As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emu [Chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    "That long" being like, what, 3 days? four?

If internet addiction is real, [chat] addiction could be real, too.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    How does any grown up only have three pairs of shoes?

I mean, you don't need a collection or anything... But running shoes, loafers, dress black, dress brown, sandals... IDGI. How are you a human being with three pairs of shoes

lots of people really don't need dress shoes and don't use running shoes I guess

@syndalis I have a pair of running shoes and a pair of dress shoes and a pair of sandals

Like, this is legitimately weird to me that there are so many people with so few shoes.

It's like having 2 pairs of pants, or 3 shirts in total.

Shoes are part of the wardrobe. And they make different kinds for different purposes, lots of which have practical reason for being different.

What do you people who when its crazy snowy outside? Or super wet/rainy?

Do you wear stinky running shoes to casual things or do you rock sandals in a restaurant?

Like, its just weird to me. And not in a "rich people don't get it" kind of way. Like, even when I was a poor in a trailer in Missouri I had sneakers, mud boots, steel toed boots, two pairs of dress shoes, flip flops...

as i've learned now that i know fashion, most men don't care and don't have to care. they're held to a lesser standard.

but when they try, good things happen. and since the bar is so muhc lower, it's not even difficult.

i'm now constantly complimented on my shirts and shoes and the shoes are from goodwill (though quality) and the shirts are mostly from the gap or express

i just know how they fit and colors

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    did i just appear as the holiday forums went away? i hadn't checked in awhile

whew!

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

The (not so secret) secret chat thread was named "How long does this last?"

I was answering the question!

Neco on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    deebs tell me about your baby

it is the size of a navel orange
    it kicks it's little legs a lot
    We think it's a boy. The doctor either saw a "penis or a swollen vagina". I am still not sure if it was joke.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    How does any grown up only have three pairs of shoes?

I mean, you don't need a collection or anything... But running shoes, loafers, dress black, dress brown, sandals... IDGI. How are you a human being with three pairs of shoes

lots of people really don't need dress shoes and don't use running shoes I guess

syndalis I have a pair of running shoes and a pair of dress shoes and a pair of sandals

Like, this is legitimately weird to me that there are so many people with so few shoes.

It's like having 2 pairs of pants, or 3 shirts in total.

Shoes are part of the wardrobe. And they make different kinds for different purposes, lots of which have practical reason for being different.

What do you people who when its crazy snowy outside? Or super wet/rainy?

Do you wear stinky running shoes to casual things or do you rock sandals in a restaurant?

Like, its just weird to me. And not in a "rich people don't get it" kind of way. Like, even when I was a poor in a trailer in Missouri I had sneakers, mud boots, steel toed boots, two pairs of dress shoes, flip flops...

i have one pair of shoes

they are a 4 year old pair of red converse which have a hole in them

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    and now i'm watching da interview for free so sux it everyone!

tried to take away my [chat] and my crappy franco movie!

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

The secret chat thread was named "How long does this last?"

I was answering the question!
    every thread is a chat thread if you believe in yourself

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    i should have gotten white girl wasted and then made an anime thread
    theres always next year

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I hope the holiday forum doesn't disappear...

The holiday phalla is still going

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

just finished it five minutes ago

i don't think it was quite as good as this is the end, but i enjoyed it

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I liked the holiday forums. 2 threads on RPGs. One was just on IWD! The obscure game thread was largely about old games. It was the best.

• Options
    the reason for yanking away the chat thread in the holiday hangout was so ... a thing

i did not understand

'go talk to people' was the reason. but we were? in the thread?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    being corraled into a secret chat thread was awful. Why couldnt all subforumites enjoy a unified holiday chat?
    why does SE BUTTS BUTTS need the fig leaf of OT conversation?

• Options

just finished it five minutes ago

i don't think it was quite as good as this is the end, but i enjoyed it

cool, reviews are iffy on it but eh

i liked neighbors and this is the end a lot

• Options
    the reason for yanking away the chat thread in the holiday hangout was so ... a thing

i did not understand

to encourage you to break down the barriers of artificial tribalism and embrace the truth that all posters are your brothers and sisters

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Oh thank goodness we're back

• Options
    i didn't even think to ask if we had a secret chat

i just checked vent for people and then played xenonauts

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Cliques too stronk.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »

i did not understand

to encourage you to break down the barriers of artificial tribalism and embrace the truth that all posters are your brothers and sisters

there were other forumers in the chat thread! it was great!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Ah, my old nemesis, we meet again.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    every time there was a chat thread, D&D regulars overwhelmed everyone else in the thread (because we were looking for a chat thread)

i could see why they wanted to force some interforum mingling - it's part of the point of the christmas forum

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Drinking whiskey with my brother

But look how legible this post is

Keeping it between the navigational beacons

I hope you are all doing exceptionally <3

• Options
    @spacekungfuman xenonauts is x-com remade for the modern world. but it's a huge throwback.

maybe you're not an x-com guy. it's not an rpg, just oooooooooooooooold.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I liked the holiday forums. 2 threads on RPGs. One was just on IWD! The obscure game thread was largely about old games. It was the best.

Does this mean you have all the IWD chat out of your system now?

sig.gif
  • Options
    every time there was a chat thread, D&D regulars overwhelmed everyone else in the thread (because we were looking for a chat thread)

i could see why they wanted to force some interforum mingling - it's part of the point of the christmas forum

our chat force too stronk

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 0.6

@Quid will create the new thread
    @Evil Multifarious is backup

This discussion has been closed.