As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finding Housing in Seattle

AtaxrxesAtaxrxes HellnationCursed EarthRegistered User regular
I just recently moved back to Seattle after being away for 8 years and hey guess what, it's really hard to find a place to live! I've been looking mostly on Craigslist for roommate/share situations but it seems like a good percentage of the listings are fake. I looked in the Stranger classifieds but that place is a wasteland now. If anybody has any good tips on places to search for listings I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    I just recently moved back to Seattle after being away for 8 years and hey guess what, it's really hard to find a place to live! I've been looking mostly on Craigslist for roommate/share situations but it seems like a good percentage of the listings are fake. I looked in the Stranger classifieds but that place is a wasteland now. If anybody has any good tips on places to search for listings I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

If you're looking for housemates I'm not sure there is a better situation than craigslist.

For rentals in general we like padmapper. It collects listings from all over.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Yeah, I used craigslist to find my place. Have put the word out that you're looking for a place? Friends, family, or co-workers might know of something.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Where in Seattle are you looking?

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I have put the word out, so far nothing has panned out though unfortunately. I am looking basically from Shoreline on down, either side of I-5, but preferably somewhere around Phinney/Greenwod/Greenlake/Ballard/Fremont, etc. I know that's probably a pretty tall order but I'm just looking for a room in a clean chill house essentially.