As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Did they ever fix the in-battle drops part of Halo 4 in MCC?
    If I recall correctly, it was just edited so that drops never happened. Never mind that this was never indicated anywhere, or that the perks pertaining to drops were still there unchanged.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I might be recalling incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure those were relegated to their own playlists anyway (Infinity Slayer jumps to mind).

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The only things I really remember about halo 4 MP were being killed by the Guass hog, and ambushing people trying to get into the mantis or something, ha.

Also never getting the needler even though that's the thing I needed the commendation for.

does your Halo 4 MP progress transfer into MCC's Halo 4 MP?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    It's independent, but all the loadouts/abilities are unlocked immediately.

• Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    So remember that time I said I was buying an XBox One S at the end of this month. I lied.

I'm buying a regular XBone tonight with MCC.

Patience was never my strongest trait.

Kami on
  • Options
    Kami wrote: »
    So remember that time I said I was buying an XBox One S at the end of this month. I lied.

yeah... that's incredible levels of impatience.

• Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    Kami wrote: »

yeah... that's incredible levels of impatience.

But it's like, 20 whole days!

And I don't have a 4k tv!

I could be flying high in Halo-land for those 20 days, you know?!

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Slow thread! I guess we've had less stuff to bitch about? Or maybe not...

vetqrop4r3ak.png

Anyway, today I am a man.

Mazel tov.

• Options
    Been working through a backlog lately, but we're steadily grinding towards that Achilles armor. In other news, PC Forge release/content update slated for the 8th.

One of the new weapons appears to be a dismembered Hunter arm. Is arm the right word? Those things are weird.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Been working through a backlog lately, but we're steadily grinding towards that Achilles armor. In other news, PC Forge release/content update slated for the 8th.

One of the new weapons appears to be a dismembered Hunter arm. Is arm the right word? Those things are weird.

Why do I remember that they're called mgalekgolo, but I have trouble remembering my bank account number or people's names?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »

Arm as in Lekgolo or arm as in their assault cannon?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Looks like the assault cannon.

EDIT: Here's the actual preview update. ODST Automag too? I can live with that.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Haven't been playing this myself lately tbh.

I had assumed that I boxed the disc away and didn't feel like looking for it as I'm in the very slow process of moving...

But apparently I bought the digitial copy of this game and I have never owned a physical copy of it. Just happened to look at the games ready to install. Whoops.

So I'll probably play some this weekend.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Kind over overdue, in the sense that Hunters were literally the only non-vehicle enemy in the game that didn't drop some kind of weapon upon their deaths (well, them and Watchers I think, but who gives a shit about Watchers?).

What do we think is the over-under on the Promethean Knight's gigantic melee sword-type thing getting added down the line?

EDIT: 40 GB. Damn. That's a big chunk of change on an SSD, though it's not surprising.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Might be some repackaging going on with the patch, the whole shebang was an ~86gb download for me last night

• Options
    Should have clarified, I meant the Forge PC release is going to be 40 GB. According to the minimum requirements nayway.

• Options
    Double post!

Halo 5 Forge works...really well on PC. At least on my GTX 1080, running at 4K.

It's also 36 or 37 GB, and you can't determine where you install it, so...that's a little inconvenient. Works flawlessly otherwise, but I personally just used it to test how many times you have to hit a Templer Wraith with a gravity hammer to kill it. For the sort of people who put Rocket League in Halo 5, it'll probably be an invaluable tool, but strictly speaking I don't think it adds anything that wasn't already in the game outside of KBAM support.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Halo's 15th Anniversary is this week. Hoping for some good stuff on Tuesday.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-celebrating-halos-15th-anniversary-with-/1100-6445370/

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Surprisingly easy and fast to find H3 games on the MCC.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Some nice praise from Tycho in today's PA News post
    I think Halo 5 is one of the best shooters ever created, and they’ve done more work to maintain the health of that arena than they ever did in the past: new modes, new cards, new maps, it’s as though they picked the world up and dropped it on your fucking head. Yes, that’s a line from a Lil Wayne song. Stay focused: it’s the cyborg war version of a community quilt, embroidered perpetually. I don’t know anybody who is playing that either, but they kept at it and increased their audience, which isn’t a thing that happens with regularity. It seems like a scary place to make games, this genre. I just don’t know what you’re supposed to do when, materially speaking, “shooter” actually means one of two games for most people, and if you try to do something else or play around with it at all, you get blown out and then those top games add your uniqueness to their own.

Also noticed that Bravo confirmed that Halo 5 has the highest monthly active players for a Halo title since Halo 3. Shame it's so underrepresented on the PA forums these days.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I booted up Halo 5 for the first time in months to check out the new anniversary playlist.

It's surprisingly fun! The maps are all faithfully designed and play well. The free booster pack grants Mk IV armor, which is pretty much the only armor in the game I actually wanted. Score!

• Options
    I've been meaning to get around to playing some Halo 5 for quite a while now, but Destiny and Warframe's reward systems have gotten their claws in deep on me.

• Options
    Battle Creek remake is really well done!

• Options
    Yesterday there was surprisingly not that much of a ripple when it came to the anniversary. Which I thought was odd. Gamespot ran a piece or two (with the best comments, natch) and I didn't see any mention of it on polygon.

• Options
    Yesterday there was surprisingly not that much of a ripple when it came to the anniversary. Which I thought was odd. Gamespot ran a piece or two (with the best comments, natch) and I didn't see any mention of it on polygon.

Probably because there weren't any big announcements; still, the livestream was fun and the new playlist is pretty slick.

Also it's pretty funny to me that people on reddit are zooming in super hard on that screencap from the livestream of that one guy holding the Halo 6 script. I feel like 343 did it on purpose.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I never got to put in a lot of time with Halo 5 before the "group" moved on/returned to other games. Damned people and their schedules allowing for late night gaming

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

My second-favorite Halo weapon, the Reach grenade launcher, is coming to Halo 5. Sweet.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Hrm, I still have my copy of H5. Worth reinstalling?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Arteen wrote: »

My second-favorite Halo weapon, the Reach grenade launcher, is coming to Halo 5. Sweet.
    Ohhhh, that thing's the best.

cB557 on
  • Options
    Hrm, I still have my copy of H5. Worth reinstalling?

It's my favorite Halo since Halo 3.

Though I was told by some here last night that my love of H3 was unfounded . . .

Which is ridiculous, H3 was amazing.

• Options
    Played some today on the classic maps, the FOV seemed pretty narrow... was it always like that?

• Options
    When this happened last night I couldn't stop laughing; I wish I could see it from my teammate's perspective.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Morningstar PA/video/23641885

• Options
    "Okay, just aim and that guy's launch and OH GODDAMN IT AGGGGHHHHH!"

• Options
    Welcome to the Shire.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Welcome to the Shire.

he put on the Ring!! we're all doomed!

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »

The flak Wraith.

Finally.

How has that not been a thing until now? How did that not launch as an ultra-rare Wraith requisition?

• Options
    Can I interest anyone in a Warzone REQ pack/Fall of Reach bundle? I have a spare code. All I ask is that you play somewhat regularly because otherwise it's wasted (2 special REQ packs are delivered every week for a total of 7 weeks).

If no one here bites I'll just do a giveaway on Reddit and earn some sweet karma.

• Options
    Can I interest anyone in a Warzone REQ pack/Fall of Reach bundle? I have a spare code. All I ask is that you play somewhat regularly because otherwise it's wasted (2 special REQ packs are delivered every week for a total of 7 weeks).

If no one here bites I'll just do a giveaway on Reddit and earn some sweet karma.

I'll take it--I play Firefight every day--if you still have it.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

I'll take it--I play Firefight every day--if you still have it.

Yep, sent you a PM.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    You know what my biggest fear is after calling in an expensive REQ in Warzone?

Friendly vehicles. :(

Also, Arena placement rankings are pretty funny. Went 8-2 in Team Arena and placed Gold 5. Went 2-8 in Slayer and placed Gold 6.

AuburnTiger on